COTE- The best detective has...

By MaoO0983

COTE X BS Ranpo in Cote Ranpo best Character 2- #Classroomoftheelite More

Ranpo's Prologue
Chapter 1: The Bus / Introductions
Chapter 2: Chabashira-Sensei / Depleting the National Reserves of Candys!!!
Chapter 3: The Conceited Loli / Second Day of Classes
Chapter 4: Karuizawa / Club Fair
Chapter 5: Mission - Create the Detective Club!!
Chapter 6: Ichinose / Pool - Part 1
Chapter 7: Pool - Part 2 / Mission - Create the Detective Club - Completed!!
Chapter 8: Kushida's Past / Contingency Plan
Chapter 9: Meritocracy?
Chapter 10: Presentation of the System-S Completed
Chapter 11: First Mission of the Detective Club!! / Ranpo's Trap
Chapter 12: Horikita Manipulates the Best Detective and the Perfect Human
Chapter 13: Ranpo-Sensei? / Kushida's Mistake
Chapter 14: Manabu vs. Ranpo and Kiyo
Chapter 15: FIGHT TO THE DEATH/Day before the Exam
Chapter 16: End of Volume 1
Chapter 17: Neighbor Troubles
Chapter 18: Preparations to Help a Friend
Chapter 19: Love Troubles
Chapter 20: Late with the Two-Faced and Idol Squirrel
Chapter 21: Ranpo and the Trial of Class C
Question!
Chapter 23: Volume 3 Prologue

Chapter 22: End of Volume 2

555 19 94
By MaoO0983

"No matter how powerful it is, a pawn is just a pawn."

Ryunosuke Akutagawa

As Sakura left immediately, excusing herself with the need to do something, unfortunately for me, Horikita remained by my side, waiting for answers.

Suzune: "Edogawa-kun, it's impossible for you to have known everything they said during the fight... How did you do it?" She looked at me, angry yet curious, probably hoping for some secret plan.

I simply laughed in her face. "No! It was all pure and simple improvisation! Something only a super genius detective like me could do."

Suzune seemed about to retort, but at that moment...

— Edogawa-kun is telling the truth.

Horikita's older brother and Secretary Tachibana emerged from the student council room. Secretary Tachibana locked the door.

Manabu: "When you came here with Suzune, I thought you would reveal some kind of master plan."

Ranpo: "Plans are boring."

Manabu: "Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. I wanted to see you put in at least a bit of effort into this case, but I guess I'll have to wait to see it... Looks at Suzune And you, Suzune, I hope you've learned something from this situation." Looks at me one last time before leaving. "I hope you continue like this, Edogawa-kun. Perhaps with you, this school has a chance-"

Ranpo: "Your speech is making me sleepy."

Manabu: Adjusts his glasses and gives me a small smile "I see."

Now there's a second question, why did Sakura leave so quickly? I never saw her talking to anyone, and I'm sure she didn't go to pick up her camera. I have some suspicions, but I can't do anything about it.

I've taken all possible preventive measures, but I can't spend every second making sure Sakura doesn't do something stupid.

Actually, I'm not going to do anything more.

Student ID Card

Name: Ranpo Edogawa

Student Number: 45642185841

School: Koudo Ikusei High School

Date of Birth: October 21

Grade: 1st Year, Class D

Evaluation: A (86)

Academic Ability: A+ (96) 

Intelligence: ??? (100+) 

Decision Making: A+ (95) 

Physical Ability: E (29) 

Cooperation: C+ (58) 

Social Skills: B (82)

As I entered the classroom just minutes before the bell rang, I noticed something. Sakura, who usually arrives at school just in time, was already seated at her desk.

It may seem irrelevant, but it's significant information... Horikita and Ayanokoji were also surprised. Furthermore, Sakura's body language... Well, it looked the same as usual, but it seemed she was sitting up straighter. It seems she has something planned... It could be...

Just as I was about to pass by Sakura's seat, she looked up. Instead of a proper greeting, she gently raised her hand. A breakthrough?

Sakura: "Um... Good morning, Edogawa-kun, Ayanokouji-kun. Horikita-san."

But more importantly, how does she know Ayanokoji?

Ayanokoji: "Good morning..." 😐

Ranpo: "Uh- Oh- Good morning!"

It was the first time Sakura had greeted me in the morning. I was so surprised that my response got stuck in my throat.

"What's wrong with her?" Murmured Horikita.

Ranpo: "It seems she improved quite a bit from yesterday!"

That's the only response I can give Horikita, but I have an idea of what happened... No conversation with me should have helped her so much, and the debate with Class C should have made her feel even worse. So, she must have talked to someone...

Suzune: "People don't change so easily. Trying to change oneself is virtually impossible."

Ranpo: "You're wrong. People change. That's just a fact of life."

That prompted a strange look from Horikita and Ayanokoji, but they didn't press further.

"As long as she doesn't overdo it, I think she'll be fine." Horikita said.

Ayanokoji: "Overdo it?"

Horikita: "If she tries to do what's still not possible for someone like her, she'll only fail."

Ranpo: "Not just her, nobody can change everything all at once. The only way to improve is to grow, one step at a time."

Once again, I received another strange look, but they kept silent.

Classes ended. The problem was solved... and the only one who came out losing was me.

Without any explanation, I received the resignation of the club, from Albert.

Which means we didn't meet the minimum required number of students, so I'll have to find another... Which translates to more work.

At least Hiyori stayed, although it's only a matter of time before Ryuen starts pressuring her.

I stood up and left the classroom, heading to meet someone at a designated meeting point. Before leaving, I decided to talk to Sakura.

Ranpo: "Sakura, what are you going to do now?" I asked her as she prepared to leave.

Sakura: "Edogawa-kun... I'm going back to my room..."

Ranpo: "I have some things to do and then I'm going to take a LONG vacation."

Sakura: "I see..." she murmured.

Sakura lowered her eyes, as if she had something on her mind. She looked a bit odd, nervous. It was like she couldn't calm down.

Ranpo: "Are you okay?"

Sakura: "Eh?"

Ranpo: "The case is over. You can relax."

Sakura was sweating. "It's just that in the end, I didn't help at all so... I thought I would do my best too"

Ranpo: "Sakura... You don't have to prove anything to anyone. If you don't like who you are then start changing little by little... but don't bear everything alone"

Sakura: "....... I will."

I wanted to ask her why she looked uncomfortable, but the phone in my pocket vibrated. My alarm told me the time. I couldn't stay any longer.

Sakura: "See you later, Edogawa-kun."

Sakura's words and her bright smile didn't resemble her at all. They left me with an unpleasant feeling.

Ranpo: "Call me Ranpo!" I said as I left.

As I returned to my dorm, I came face to face with the Student Council President, Horikita Manabu, and his assistant, Tachibana Akane.

I thought we would only exchange a brief greeting, but Manabu stopped abruptly to address me.

Manabu: "There's something I want to talk to you about..."

Ranpo: "Mmm...? What do you want to talk about?"

Horikita's brother stood still and looked me in the eyes. "Tachibana. Do you still have a vacant position for a secretary?"

Akane: "Yes. A first-year student from Class A applied the other day, but was rejected after the first interview."

Manabu: "Edogawa. If you wanted, I'd appoint you to the position."

It didn't surprise me, but Secretary Tachibana seemed shocked.

Akane "President... Are you serious?"

Manabu: "Do you disapprove?"

Akane: "N-no. If you say so, I have no objections. But..."

Ranpo: "Nope, I have absolutely no interest in being a secretary.."

Secretary Tachibana was even more shocked by my response.

Akane: "Eh? You're rejecting an invitation from the student council president?"

Ranpo: "Well, I would never do anything that doesn't interest me."

I thought they were going to leave, but Horikita stayed, looking at me seriously.

Manabu: "Then, I have a request for you." He seems to want to ask me a personal favor

Ranpo "Depends on what?" I say, although I already have an idea

Manabu "I want you to accept Horikita as a member of your club." His face softens a bit "It's the first time I've seen progress in her, and it was because she was with you."

There's no reason to reject it, but there's no reason to accept it either.. but I know she's not a bad person, I actually know she's still not a bad person.

If you have any questions or opinions, I am happy to hear them!!

By the way! You can help me by voting and leaving your opinion!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

610K 17.7K 106
OK. So, this is just a compilation of different one shots with Ayanokouji along with all waifus in COTE, and by ALL, I literally mean ALL specially...
26.1K 684 6
๐™Ž๐™๐™ค๐™ง๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ง๐™ž๐™š๐™จ ๐™–๐™—๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฉ ๐˜ผ๐™ฎ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™ค๐™ ๐™ค๐™ช๐™Ÿ๐™ž ๐™†๐™ž๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ ๐™– ร— ๐™†๐™–๐™ง๐™ช๐™ž๐™ฏ๐™–๐™ฌ๐™– ๐™†๐™š๐™ž. ๐‘จ๐‘ผ ๐’”๐’•๐’๐’“๐’Š๐’†๐’” | ๐‘ช๐’๐’‚๐’”๐’”๐’“๐’๐’๐’Ž ๐‘ถ๐’‡...
200K 3.9K 42
Just some random one shots Cote belongs to Shลgo Kinugasa not me Duh
2.4K 132 3
A story centered around both Ayanokoji and Kushida. Other characters will play key roles but to clear one thing up these are the two protagonists in...