Hai Tujhe Bhi Izazat

By eliraovertheclouds

In Physics, we learn 'Opposites attract', in Chemistry, we learn 'Like dissolves like' and in Biology we lear... More

Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1: Her Life
Chapter 2: His Life
Chapter 3: Hope For The Best
Chapter 4: Varanasi It Is
Chapter 5: Cold Coffee And Sandwiches
Chapter 6: Not Good For Health?
Chapter 7: A Favour
Chapter 8: Anatomy Class
Chapter 9: A New Couple?
Chapter 10: Library Lessons
Chapter 11: Crush?
Announcement
Announcement
Chapter 12: Canteen Or Tea Stall?
Chapter 13: Trouble
Chapter 14: Regret
Chapter 15: Jealous
Chapter 16: Sorry?
Chapter 17: Caring
Chapter 18: New Feelings
Chapter 19: Confused Feelings
Chapter 20; To Be Brave
Chapter 21: Misunderstandings
Chapter 22: Choose Her
Chapter 23 Doing what's right
Chapter 24: Changing Perspective
Chapter 25: Inside the mansion
Chapter 26: Dilemma
Chapter 27: At the police station
Chapter 28: During the holidays
Chapter 29: A mistake
Chapter 30: Brotherly bond
Chapter 31: Movie Night
Chapter 32: Field Trip
Chapter 33: Discovering the truth
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Announcement
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
A/N
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Epilogue

Chapter 55

714 54 27
By eliraovertheclouds

For the next few days, Abhi received pics of all her meals. Sometimes a text 'Emergency surgery. Will eat after that.' He smiled. She thinks he will just start smoking on the first chance he gets.

But a thing that was bothering him was this new intern Dr Harshit Sahay. He worked in the cardio department. Abhi didn't like his vibe. And the way he was observing Aaradhya, Abhi wanted to take his eyes out. He made a mental note to warn her about him whenever he saw her next.

In the evening he found her outside the entrance waiting for her cab.

"I'll drop you," he told her.

"No need. I'll manage," she said. As expected.

"I want to talk about something. We can talk in the car," he reasoned.

She hesitated a little but followed him towards his car.

He drove the car out of the parking and they sat in complete silence for a few minutes.

"You wanted to say something," Aaradhya said breaking the silence.

He cleared his throat. He has no right to tell her to keep her distance from any other man. Will it sound awkward?

"Ye.. Yeah. So how's the new intern who joined?" he asked her.

"Dr Harshit?" she asked.

"Yeah," he mumbled.

"He is nice and friendly. Why?" she asked him.

"Friendly or over-friendly?" he asked glancing at her.

"Friendly. Why are you asking about him?" she asked.

"I don't like that man. He gives me some negative vibes. Maintain your distance from him," he said.

"Negative vibes? No. I don't find anything wrong with him. He is a kind soul," she told him.

"You find everyone to be kind. Even if he is kind and all just be careful around him. And don't get very friendly with him," he said.

"I... I'll keep that in mind," she said.

Well, that was smooth. He expected her to argue. But she obliged almost instantly. He could not believe this. But whatever the reason was, he was satisfied.

Aaradhya looked outside the window for the rest of the ride. She doesn't like that man herself. He is a little weird and tries to become over-friendly at times. She did not tell Abhi about it intentionally. But he was right. She just has to leave this place after a few days. She doesn't want any other drama here. She'll maintain her distance from that man.

"Why did you stop here?" she said looking at him when he stopped the car in front of the supermarket near her building.

"It's been one week since I bought vegetables and fruits for you. Don't you have to buy it again?" he asked.

"I have to. But I'll buy them afterwards. Just drop me in front of my building," she said.

"You'll buy everything important?" he asked.

"Yes," she told him.

"I don't trust you. Let's buy them now," he said.

"Abhi, please. You don't need to do this. I have managed all these years. I'll manage for the rest too," she told him.

"Your reports told me that you did a very good job at managing. We are buying them now. Come on," he said with finality in his voice.

She sighed. She should have not come with him. He will again fill her refrigerator with green veggies. God! She hates this situation. Can't she just magically increase her haemoglobin count? Please!

And for the next half an hour they bought everything that Abhi wanted her to eat. She wanted to cry. Her routine of going home and crying until she sleeps was disturbed for the last few days. Because now she has to send her dinner pic to him. She cooks even when she is tired and doesn't want to. She should have taken her mother's advice and hired a cook. But now she has to leave after a few days, so she doesn't feel like hiring someone for such a short period.

"I'll carry them," she told him.

"I'll give them to the watchman, he will carry them for you. These are heavy," he told her.

"Good evening ma'am. Good evening sir," Hari Ram smiled and greeted them.

"Can you carry these bags to her flat? These are heavy. She is already weak. She should not carry them," Abhi told him. Aaradhya rolled her eyes. It's not like she is suffering from some deadly disease. She just has to carry some paper bags. But it's useless to argue with this man.

"Of course sir," Hari Ram took the bags instantly from Abhi.

"Sarika sent this to you," Hari Ram said giving her a greeting card and chocolate.

"That's so sweet of her. Thank you," Aaradhya said as she opened the card. It was a friendship day card.

"Who is Sarika?" Abhi could not help himself from asking.

"My daughter. Aaradhya ma'am funds her education," Hari Ram told Abhi.

"Oh that's great," Abhi said looking at Aaradhya. Just when he thought he could not fall more for this girl!

Aaradhya stood there awkwardly. She had met Sarika once or twice before she came to know that Hari Ram does not send her to school. He has two sons and a daughter. He could not afford to teach all of them. So the boys went to school and Sarika did not. He was ashamed of that but he had no choice. So Aaradhya decided to take responsibility. She earns more than enough of herself, anyway.

"Thanks for everything. It's getting late. You should go," she said to Abhi.

"Yeah. Bye," Abhi said and turned to leave. He saw Hari Ram and Aaradhya walking inside the building when he reached his car. He released a long breath. He was again waking on the same path that had hurt him a lot. But with her, he was ready to get hurt again and again and again.

***************************************

It was the 102nd anniversary of Sanjivani Hospital. A huge celebration was organised. The hospital was decorated beautifully and everyone looked happy and different. Usually, doctors looked tired and stressed. But today they all were well-dressed and looked happy. It's important to enjoy a little in between the stressful life.

Aaradhya wore a light pink floral suit. It was beautiful. Tanu has gifted her this on her birthday. She didn't get a chance to wear it till now.

"Hii Dr Aaradhya. Wow! You look stunning," Dr Harshit said as soon as she entered the hospital.

"Th... Thanks," she said awkwardly and searched for Pooja. She could feel his eyes on him continuously. Once she spotted Pooja she walked hurriedly towards her but a hand caught her wrist.

"Where are you going? Come dance with me," Dr Harshit said.

"I don't dance," she said taking out her hand from his grip immediately.

"I'll teach you," he said taking a few steps towards her.

"No thanks," she said and moved away. God! Doesn't this man understand that she has been ignoring him for the last few days? Such a creep!

She saw Abhi entering the hospital after an hour. His eyes searched for someone and stopped at her. When he saw her looking already at him he looked away instantly and so did she. The rest of the hours passed them trying to control their eyes from looking at each other and some awkward, accidental eye contact.

"Dr Aaradhya. There is an emergency case. You are needed in the Emergency room," a ward boy told her.

"Ok," she said and rushed there. She messaged Priya about it on her way, in case she got worried. When she entered the emergency room, it was empty. She scowled. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. She was about to leave when Dr Harshit entered and locked the door.

"What's the hurry to leave?" he asked smiling.

"Why are you locking the door? Get aside," she told him sternly.

"I like you Aaradhya. I really do. Just spent a night with me," he said.

"Dr Harshit, you are a junior, behave like one. It will not take me a minute to file a complaint against you," she said though her heart was racing wildly in her chest. She is not physically stronger than him. She cannot win against him. And everyone else is busy in celebrating.

"I get what I want. Surrender yourself willingly or I'll have to force you," he said walking toward her.

"Are you freaking crazy? Get aside," she told him.

"Oh, darling. Not aside, inside. I will get inside you. Here on this emergency bed," he said erasing the distance between them. She slapped him hard.

"You fucking girl! How dare you?" he seethed in anger. He took her dupatta and threw it away on the floor. She pushed him but he was too strong to be pushed. She tried again and he held her hands in his hand and with the other hand he slapped her. A little blood came from the corner of her lips. But she cannot accept her defeat like this. Not yet. So she kicked him between his legs with her right leg with all the power she had.

He groaned leaving her hand immediately and moved back holding his dick in his hand. She took the opportunity and ran towards the door, opened it and ran outside. Just as she turned to see if he was following her or not, she collided with someone.

"Abhi!" she could feel relief washing all over her when she saw his face.

"Aaradhya. What happened? Who did this?" he asked shocked to see her in this state. He caressed her cheeks softly and wiped the blood strain gently.

"Har.. Harshit," she said crying.

"Where is he?" he asked trying his best to control his anger.

"Emergency room. A ward boy told me there was an emergency case. But no one was there. Suddenly he entered and then he tried to... he..... tried to... force..." she cried not able to complete her sentence.

"It's ok. You are safe. You saved yourself. You are strong. Is he still there?" he asked.

"I don't know," she said.

"Come with me," he said walking towards the emergency room.

"I don't want to go there," she said holding his hand tightly.

"I am with you Aaradhya. Do you trust me?" he asked.

"More than myself," she said and walked slowly with him to that room. They saw Harshit coming out of the emergency room limping a little.

"Hii," Abhi greeted him.

Dr Harshit looked up and saw both of them standing there. He turned to run but Abhi caught him.

"What's the hurry?" Abhi asked him.

"She is lying. She wanted to sleep with me for money. I declined so she set all this..." Harshit started saying.

"Yeah, I believe you," Abhi told him.

"You do?" Harshit looked at him hopefully.

"So Dr Aaradhya. How can we believe that you are right?"Abhi asked.

"What are you doing Abhi?" she asked him.

"I'll believe you on one condition. Slap him until he gets blood on his face. If you stop before that, you are lying," Abhi said to Aaradhya.

"What are you saying? Leave me," Harshit said struggling to get out of his hold. But all in vain.

"Come here and slap him Aaradhya. Slap him until you are satisfied," he said gently.

"I don't want to. Let's just leave," she told him.

"You can leave then. I'll kill him," Abhi told her.

"What? No!" Harshit shouted.

"Don't be crazy Abhi. I'll file a police complaint against him. His career is over. He'll pay for what he did. Let's leave," she told him.

"I will leave after killing him. Or if you slap and hit him, I'll leave with you," he told her.

"Slap me, Dr Aaradhya. Please. Hit me," Harshit begged her. He doesn't want to die today.

"Shut up!" Abhi said hitting his head from the back.

Aaradhya sighed. Abhi and his ways of making her do things according to his wishes. And then she slapped that man hard. Again and again. Until the corners of his lips started bleeding. He made her bleed just in one slap. He was strong.

After she was done Abhi took the charge in his hands and punched his nose. After a few minutes, his face was filled with blood.

"Touch her feet and beg for forgiveness," Abhi said. Harshit obliged instantly. He was half unconscious already.

"I... I am sorry. I would never... do that with anyone," he said groaning in pain and coughing out some blood and then he fainted.

Abhi went to the Emergency room and saw her dupatta lying on the floor. He picked it up and gave it back to her. And then they left from the back door to avoid any unnecessary questions.

"You want to file the complaint now?" he asked her when they sat inside his car.

"Yes," she told him.

"You can rest now if you want to. We can go there tomorrow," he told her.

"The sooner I get done with this crap, the better," she told him.

He nodded in understanding and drove them to the Police Station. They had to spend an hour there because of the formalities they had to go through. But they cooperated. Abhi drove her back to her apartment after that.

"You can call me anytime if you need anything. Don't hesitate to call me. Ok?" he told her gently.

"Won't you come with me?" she asked.

"Do you want me to come?" he asked.

"If you have no other work to do then," she told him. She badly wants him to come to her flat. She doesn't want to be there alone. Not today at least.

"Let's go. Come," he said opening his door.

"Do you want some tea?" she asked him as they entered her flat.

"I'll make it for us. You go and change," he told her.

"You don't.."

"Aaradhya, go and change. I'll make it," he said with finality in his voice.

"Everything is kept in the first cabinet and milk in the refrigerator," she told him and went towards her room.

Abhi was almost done making tea when he saw her coming out in a white T-shirt and black pyjamas. How does she always look so good that too without even trying? He shook his head to come out of his thoughts and served tea in two cups.

They sat on the couch slowly sipping on their tea.

"What were you doing there?" she asked him, referring to the corridor of the cardio department.

"Pooja told me you were in the emergency room. I could feel something was off. So I just wanted to check if everything was alright," he told her.

"Oh!" she said. She could feel her eyes tearing up again. Not because of today's incident but because of what the future holds for her. How is she going to spend a lifetime without him? She needs him. She wants him.

"It's over Aaradhya. You are stronger than this. Don't cry," Abhi said getting up from his position and kneeling in front of her, gently wiping her tears. She kept her cup on the table and hugged him taking him off guard. She cried and cried and cried. He did not say anything. He just caressed her head slowly trying to control his tears.

And they both slept just like that, crying and in each other's embrace. It was a hectic and long day but they experienced the most peaceful sleep that they had not experienced in years.

***************************************

Hope you like the chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 789 75
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
434 35 24
An always smiling girl called Naina Arora learns that her father is suffering from lung cancer and thus begins her journey to save her Dad by meeting...
274K 20.6K 60
Archana have everything that a girl could wish for, studying in one of the top universities of India, she have everything a human ever need, loving p...
24.3K 2.1K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...