Lose You To Love Me (Mafia Ro...

By notjustarandomgirl

Amelia Astoria, under an old pact with her grandfather and the Don of the Costra Nostra that runs New York Ci... More

CHAPTER 0
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
Chapter 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56

CHAPTER 39

6.8K 161 45
By notjustarandomgirl

CHAPTER 39 - THE SALVATORE MEN

I stared at myself in a full length mirror, taking in my reflection. My hair was perfectly curled, my makeup was done just the way I liked it, and my face was full of nervous excitement.

I touched the black dress I was wearing, running my fingers along the soft fabric as I admired the way it hugged my curves and how flattering it looked on me.

Wow. I breathed out. I had never felt so beautiful before.

Theo really put a lot of thought in choosing this stunning dress for me. It was amazing how he managed to find something that fit me perfectly. The details, the material, and the fit. It's like he knows exactly what looks good on me.

What if he was really paying attention to me and picked up on all, even the little details, about me? The blueberries, the flowers and books, and how he noticed I had lost a lot of weight.

All this time, I thought I was so pitiful and unnoticed, but in reality he was watching me all along.

These thoughts made me feel so special and, for the first time, cherished by him.

I smiled at the glowing woman staring back at me in the mirror. I felt my cheeks flush and my heart swell with pure happiness. This was the moment I knew he truly cared and treasured me.

But then my smile faded when I remembered Selena's words.

"Their number one trait is to be deceptive and manipulative."

"Theo is obviously preying on your emotions."

Stop it, Lia! I shouted internally at myself. This won't do me any good.

I shook off the uneasy feeling and focused on the Don's birthday celebration instead. It will be fun, that's for sure. So instead of worrying about anything else, I should concentrate and put all my energy into the performance I would do for the Don.

Yes, that's what I should do. I should focus on my performance and make sure it's perfect. I want the Don to have an unforgettable birthday celebration, one that he will remember for years to come.

I prepared and practiced Chopin's pieces for this event. I remember the Don always told me his favorite composer was Chopin, so I figured it would be a fitting treat to his birthday.

I decided I would play Fantaisie-Impromptu and of course the Nocturne-- two of the most beloved pieces by pianists almost everywhere and I wasn't an exemption.

With these, I hope to make the party even more enjoyable and memorable.

I straightened my back and readied myself to go downstairs.

I wondered if Theo had arrived already. I was excited for him to see me perform again and admire the look on his face--like when he attended my recital.

Also, I was really looking forward to seeing him today.

Just seeing him was enough for me.

Enough to make my day.

* * * * * *

"Amelia!" Beatrice rushed to meet me at the ballroom entrance. She was wearing a sparkly blue dress that shimmered in the light, and her dark hair was pulled back in a tight bun. "You look so beautiful!" She gushed with a huge smile on her face.

I thanked her for her compliment and responded, "You look gorgeous as always, Beatrice. That is a really lovely dress."

"Not as lovely as yours. I heard a certain boss went all out just to get you that rare dress. A mafia hunting for a dress? I almost couldn't believe it!" Beatrice laughed.

I blushed at her statement, unsure of what to say. I heard from Selena how special this dress was, but hearing it from Beatrice felt like I was being showered with so much affection.

"Well, I guess it's nice that he did that, but I don't think it was necessary. He could use his time--"

"That's nonsense!" Beatrice cut me off. "Of course it is necessary. Salvatore women should always be treated like the precious gems that they are."

"And Lia's husband should definitely do that, right?" Selena and her comment came out of nowhere, shocking both Beatrice and I. By the looks of it, Selena had no idea I was talking to Theo's cousin and her snide comment might have caused a misunderstanding.

"Beatrice, this is Selena, my best friend." I said instantly.

I saw how Beatrice looked at Selena from head to toe, sizing her up. She was probably trying to make sense of the unexpected interruption. I could see that Selena wasn't pleased with how Beatrice looked at her. So, before it would escalate into something else, I quickly continued, "Selena, this is Beatrice, one of the Don's granddaughters, and Theo's cousin."

Thankfully, Selena's stance changed. She immediately put on a smile and extended her hand in greeting. "It's nice to meet you, Beatrice."

Beatrice smiled back and shook Selena's hand briefly. She then turned her attention back to me. "Of course my dear cousin treats his wife not just like a rare gem, but as if she is the most precious thing in the world. In fact, I never thought I'd see the day our Theodore would be this affectionate to someone. He's usually so cold, heartless, unaffectionate and detached from others, but he really seems to care so damn much for his wife."

Beatrice walked closer to me and ran her fingers over my dress. "Do you think someone as busy as Theo would even spare a minute to hunt for a dress like this for someone else? It's impressive how dedicated he is to the people he cares about and loves." I saw her side-glance at Selena, then glance back at me.

Beatrice, she was poised and elegant, but you could still see mafia blood running through her veins as she spoke. She had a certain aura of confidence that made you think twice before questioning her.

"Amelia." She stroked the end of my hair to get my attention. "Continue to thaw Theo's icy heart, okay? You're doing great at it."

She stepped back and smiled at Selena. "Oh I forgot, Sabrina. Do not underestimate Salvatore men. When they find someone worthy, they will love them fiercely and protect them with their lives, no matter what. Their dedication knows no bounds."

"It's Selena." Selena corrected. She was smiling, but I knew behind that smile was a little bit of annoyance.

"It's nice to meet you. I'll go ahead, the Don is about to make his speech." After Beatrice gave me a wink, she left and disappeared from the crowd.

I took that time to look around and search for my husband, but he was nowhere to be found. I got too distracted by our conversation that I forgot to ask Beatrice if she noticed Theo anywhere.

I wasn't sure, but why did I suddenly feel uneasy? I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong, and the longer I didn't see him, the more anxious I became.

But he sent me a message this morning. He should be okay, right? Am I just being paranoid?

"What a meanie." Selena muttered. Her voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Tell me, Lia. Are all Salvatores mean and sarcastic like that?"

I hesitated to answer her at first, but it's best to tell her my thoughts about what she did. I shook my head. "No, and I don't think she is being mean. Maybe Beatrice just got offended by your comment about her favorite cousin." I said in full honesty.

Selena had been in a sour mood since she came here and it was still a mystery why. She wasn't usually a bit aggressive like that. "But there's something I really want to know, S. Why have you been so snarky and irritable? Did something happen?"

She turned to me and held back at first, but I pushed her to speak up. She drank the remaining wine in her glass before finally opening up. "Sorry. It's been incredibly busy lately, like I don't have a life anymore. Plus, they added more dates to my tour. It means I will be away for a while."

"Isn't that exciting?" I told her. Trying to lighten up the mood. "S, it just means the demand for you is high! Your career and popularity are soaring!"

"I guess you're right. But I wasn't sure about the popularity, as none of the people here know me." She gestured at the crowd and I almost laughed at her worry.

"You're worried that group and families of Mafias don't know you? This crowd is different, S. You wouldn't want them to know you. If anything, I guess it's a good sign that you're not on their radar."

"I know that, it's just." She paused, but then laughed as he agreed completely with what I just said. "Anyway, how about you? Do these people know you?"

Selena's question caught me off guard. I didn't expect her to ask me this. Truth be told, even I wasn't sure if they knew I was the wife of the next Don. All I knew was that that information was kept only within the family, but I wasn't sure if they were included in the so-called family circle.

"I better go and refill my glass, your prince is here." Selena smiled. And before I could even answer her question, she had already left.

My smile was wide when I turned around, expecting to see the person I'd been waiting for days to see.

"Lukas?" I said, well more of asked.

"Why do I sense disappointment in your tone?" Lukas teased.

"It's not that. Surprise is different from disappointment."

"You don't need to lie to me, Lia. It's fine." He had a mischievous glint in his eye, and his lips curled into a smirk. "But nope, I haven't seen him yet."

I was about to ask him how he knew about my upcoming question, but Lukas already beat me to it. "It's obvious that you've been dying to ask me that question. But on a serious note, I expect you to know more than me."

The uneasiness in me just got worse. Now, I was really worried about Theo.

"By the way, you look so stunning, Lia." Lukas said with a smile. In a swift move, he took my hand and kissed the back of it. His touch was gentle and his lips were warm. It took me aback as I didn't expect him to do something like that especially in front of these crowd of people.

Honestly, I didn't know what to say, more so when I feel some eyes boring into my back. I could sense the heat of their gaze and curiosity of their whispers.

But one comment stood out and made my stomach drop.

"That's her. His wife. I didn't know the second grandson got married already."

-END OF CHAPTER 39-

A/N: Where is Theo??? Finally, S and B met! What do you think? And what do you think of Lukas? Is that gesture intentional? Share your thoughts!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

893 19 50
This story is about a mafia(Alexander) who fell in love with a girl(Amelia). At first he thought she was spying on him so he took her ( more like kid...
269 19 19
Chance knew the second that he met Kate...she was life-changing. It was the most powerful love until the day he destroyed it. He didn't mean to hur...
1M 26.6K 43
[COMPLETED] BOOK TWO OF HIS MAFIA QUEEN. NOT TO BE READ AS A STAND-ALONE. DESCRIPTION CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK |Disclai...
311K 8.9K 48
Book 1 in the Regal Series Disclaimer: I have edited this book myself and there still might be some errors in the book as I have no software such as...