Floating (boyxboy)

由 snickerbear12

"There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing... 更多

Beanie boy -1-
Blue bells -2-
Special friends -3-
What if's -4-
It's not so easy -5-
Breakfast featuring a hangover -6-
The Monday after -7-
Pondering and plans -8-
A world of accidents -9-
Indiscretions of a sinner -10-
Gold is good -11-
Little Ms. Goody two shoes -12-
The fall of a nation -13-
12:12 -14-
Our first date -16-
New love, old love -17-
Shifting tides -18-
Beginning of the thread -19-
Mishaps and mistakes -20-
Mirage -21-
Floodgates -22-
Nose to nose -23-
Iris flowers -24-

A Day off -15-

5.1K 222 19
由 snickerbear12

Chapter quinze -A day off-

Thump, thump, thump, thump...

My eyes were closed, all I could hear was the beat of his heart as I breathed in and out in time with Sebastian. I remembered most of what had happened the night before. I remembered what I needed to and I was doing my best to not stress about it. It was hard, but I felt I was getting there. I had decided things would work out the way they needed to.

At some point during the night we had moved closer together, our limbs ended up tangled. My face was pressed up against his chest, below his chin. It was a nice place to be. I could hear his his soft breathing while the scent of him filled my nose. He smelled earthy, like Sun after a rainy day.

I felt somewhat at ease, on this quiet Wednesday morning.

Wait. Wednesday? We had school and I wasn't at home!

I bolted upright and shot out of bed. Or I tried to. I had to get over Sebastian and my knee ended up smacking him in the chin as I fell on the floor. It made a loud, unpleasant noise and all I heard was him exclaim in pain as landed in a heap beside the bed. "Merde!" He looked over the edge of the bed and down at me. "What th-- ?"

"Today's Wednesday! It's the middle of the week, we have to go to school, we're going to be late!" I said, quickly scrambling to my feet and trying to find my phone.

"Cameron,"

"Don't 'Cameron' me I don't want to be late." I flipped on the light and pulled off his shirt, looking for mine.

"Cameron!" I heard him get up but I still didn't look at him. I moved over to the dresser to try and find my shirt and beanie. I couldn't remember where I put it. At this point, all of the disorganization was making me jittery and uncomfortable.

"I can't— I can't find my stuff, I freaking—" I let out an exasperated sigh of frustration. I turned around to look elsewhere and I ended up bumping into the front side of Sebastian.

"Cameron." He said sharply. He took my face in his hands and leaned down. "Shut up." He said softly.

"What?" I whispered. His eyes looked silvery blue in the morning light. He was really, really close to me.

"Shut up and look outside." He sounded more amused than anything. He released my face and I got on his bed to open the blinds. I pulled them open and let out a soft, "Oh." When I saw outside. Everything was wrapped in a slick icy covering. The roads were frosted over too and the sky was a faded gray.

I turned to face him, still kneeling. I gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry." I could feel my face turning pink as I got got off the bed. I needed to stop doing these things. I was such an awkward mess sometimes.

"For which part?" Sebastian said, tossing me his shirt that I'd taken off a few minutes before. "Waking me up, hitting me in the face, or freaking out?" He chuckled quietly. He was laughing and I had just launched my knee at his face. That spot was turning an angry pinkish-red. He still looked amused.

I pulled my shirt back on and reached up to touch my beanie before realizing it wasn't there. Oh well. I heard Sebastian shift on the bed, and I glanced at him. I felt the urge to touch the spot from where I had hit him. I reached out, then thought against it. "You can touch me." He said quietly. He closed his eyes, and I let my finger lightly trace against his cheek. It was so intimate, moreso than us kissing, which was odd. I had never touched someone like this before. My finger moved from his cheek to his lips, tracing his cupids bow. I felt him smile against my lips. "What?" I said.

He pulled gently, then he stood up. "Nothing, you're just funny. Come along." I followed him out of the room. It was quiet, the light from window across from Sebastian's room lit the hallway up a little. He lead me downstairs and into the kitchen.

I sat at the table while he bustled around. I didn't even know what he was making, but it was probably going to be really good. "I'm just warming up a croissant for me. I don't know if you want one, but I'm not used to eating huge a breakfast."

"That's fine by me." I shrugged and he smiled, popping the croissants in the microwave.

"Coffee?"

"Sure." I didn't have a huge love for coffee but every once in a while it was good.

I saw him smile as he switched on the coffee maker. Then the microwave beeped. He moved over to it and took the croissants out. He put them on the table in front of me. I left them alone, wanting to wait until he sat down with me

He made the coffee, then he put some jelly and butter on the table along with a knife before sitting down. For a few moments we sat in near silence, nothing but the sounds of us eating filled the room. Then my eyes flickered up to look at him. He was staring at me.

"Yes?" He said with a small smile.

"I didn't say anything." I muttered, taking a sip of my coffee.

"I know." He said, wiping his mouth with a napkin. I heard a soft tapping sound. I didn't need to look to know it was his hand. "How much do you remember of last night?"

"Enough to know this is something I want to pursue...in spite of all the things saying I shouldn't." I said quietly. He nodded, and we spent the next few minutes in near silence. All I could hear was the sound of the birds chirping and our utensils clicking and clattering.

When I was done, I stood up and grabbed my plate and his to take them to the sink. On my way over, I heard the soft patter of of feet in the hallway. I froze and looked stopped to see who it was. The footsteps stopped and I heard a small yawn.

"Bonjour," Alice said sleepily as she stepped into the room. She turned and noticed me and smiled. "Bonjour, Cameron." She ran a hand through her hair then said something to Sebastian in French while I leaned awkwardly against the counter. He nodded in response and she yawned again before shuffling over to the coffee machine.

He gestured for me to follow him as he walked out of the kitchen.

I followed him up the stairs and he suddenly stopped walking, causing me to almost step on his foot. I quickly put my foot back and leaned around him to see why he stopped. It was Noel. He smiled at me. He had shaved recently and his black hair was sticking up in bizarre tuffs. He was shirtless, wearing a pair of gray boxers. I heard Sebastian sigh and he stepped over to the side so Noel could move past him. "Bonjour, Cameron." He said, his dark eyes glinting with humor. Noel always a look on his face like he knew something you didn't. It was a little off-putting, but overall he seemed harmless.

"Good morning," Sebastian said something to him very quietly, and Noel laughed and stepped around us.

"Do you happen to have an extra tooth brush? I feel like my morning breath is at it's all time worst right now." He laughed and I trailed after him as he lead me upstairs to a closet. He got a green tooth brush from the very top shelf (I never would have been able to reach it without some kind of help) and handed it to me. I thanked him and he muttered, "This almost matches your eyes." He smiled at me and we lapsed into another silence.

"Um," I said, not really sure where I was going with my words. "W-where's your bathroom?"

"Oh, it's right over there..." He pointed to a door a little ways away. Was it just me or did his face look a little red? I couldn't tell. "I'll be downstairs if you need me." He smiled at me again before letting me walk off to brush my teeth.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

"Can you do me a favor and stop it?"

He looked at me through innocent eyes. "What ever do you mean?" He blinked at me, but the comical edge in his eyes was not lost on me.

"You know what I'm talking about. He's not stupid."

He rolled his eyes at me and leaned against one of the counters. "I know he's not, but neither am I. I heard you two come in late last night." I felt one of my hands twitch. Why was he always up? I guess it shouldn't have been that suprising. On the weekends he was either out with friends or in his room on his laptop until scandalous hours of the morning.

"Un indiscret." I muttered under my breath.

"Nosy? Me?" He said mockingly. Then he shook his head, his shaggy black hair turning into even more of a mess. "No, you're just not sneaky." Then he grabbed his glass of orange juice from the counter and started to leave. Then he stopped, turning his head to glance at me. "Before I forget to ask you, are you guys official now or is he still 'questioning'?" I hated the way he said it along with that goddamn smirk on his face.

"Actually, I think we're finally past that stage." Well, sort of.

"Oh?" He cocked his head. "Shocking."

I rolled my eyes. He always said that. "Not really."

He set his juice on the table. "You know you have to take him on a real date...right? You have to seal the deal. Make it official." I shuffled uncomfortably. I hadn't thought about the fact that we actually had to date and go places before we were a real couple. It had been forever since I'd taken someone on a real date. My silence was enough of answer for him, it seemed, because he rolled his eyes and grabbed his juice again. "Go ask him. Right now." Then he walked out of the kitchen.

I willed my feet to move me upstairs, figuring I'd find out what to say on the way.

My mind was blank though, as a knocked on the bathroom door. "Yes?" Cameron responded. He has such a nice voice I thought absently. I could listen to him talk, and talk and talk and never grow tired of it. Sadly, I was limited to whatever words I could force out of him.

"Um, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Ah, yeah just a second." I could hear the him turn on the sink then clear his throat. After a moment he opened the door and his gaze met mine. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Ah, well I think we're both in agreement about us going forward with some kind of relationship...right?" He nodded and I noticed his bottom lip slide between his teeth. "I was wondering if I'd be too much of me to ask if we went on a proper date?"

"A date?" I couldn't figure out his feelings on my proposition. He sounded neither negative nor positive.

"Yes..."

"Where?" I hadn't thought about that.

"I'm not sure. Maybe we could go to out to a restaurant?" His eyes widened and I hastily added more. "Or a movie theater. Or not at all...I'm not trying to freak you out."

"No!" He shouted with his hands up, it scared me a little because it was the loudest I'd ever heard him be. "I mean no. I want to go on a date with you, I really do... I'm just worried about if someone around town sees me with you and gets the wrong idea." I felt a pang in my chest. I knew it was stupid of me to feel that way but it was still upsetting that he didn't want to ge seen in public with me.

"Oh," Was all I could push past my lips. "This weekends okay with me if you're free." I sighed and turned to go back to my room. I heard Cameron follow behind me.

"Look, Sebastian I didn't mean it like that..."

"I know," I sat down at my desk, and faced the wall. I heard the bed creak as he sat down behind me. "It's fine. I just remembered something, anyway. I actually have some homework to finish can you pass me my bookbag? It's by the door."

The bed creaked again and after a moment I heard his footfalls. "Here." He set my bag on the floor. "Sebastian." He twisted my chair around and did something surprising. He leaned down and in one swoop his lips met mine.

I put my arm around him and slowly rose up from the chair so he wouldn't have to hunch over to kiss me.

When our lips finally detached he smiled a little. "What was that?" I said softly. "I have no complaints of course, just curious." His face was flushed pink and I really was tempted to kiss him again.

"Well I wanted to make sure you understand that I like you and I'm not really good with words so...." His face went a shade darker and he smiled.

I smiled back at him and tugged him closer. "That's good enough for me."

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

622K 55.6K 189
Horst McKenzie is a happy person... or at least, that's what he'd say if you asked him. It's also what he tries to make everyone believe, including h...
23K 3.2K 89
To cover the traces of his depravity, Gu Xiao constricted himself to the role of a jester while being torn between the idealisation of others and rea...
3.7K 114 32
"Leo pinned me against the wall with his hips. His hands gently gripped my wrists, keeping my arms above my head against the cool brick behind me. H...
9.5K 306 26
*Dedicated to all the Victims in the Orlando Pulse Shooting, Your souls will always be beautiful* Ben is yours typical lonely guy. Lives alone, No fr...