The Apple Of Their Eye (-Yan...

By AlishaDaWolf

You lived a life filled with people who loved and cherished you. You were raised by two amazing dads, your id... More

DISCLAIMER
"Doppelgangers."
".... Did you just assume my gender?"
"My brother can be a bit careless, at times."
"Any friend of Shinichiro's is a friend of ours."
"I'm naming him Baji Junior!"
"I'm trusting her in your care."
"One day, we will open up our own ramen restaurant!"
"Why do you keep hurting them?"
"I stole snacks... and cigarettes."
"Shinichiro is very proud of me. Are you?"
"It's called 'discipline and punishment'."
"I can find them and beat them up for you."
"Are you going to forget about us?"
"I will teach you how to ride a motorcycle."
"They're doing alright. They have a lot of friends to rely on."
"She's the chosen one."
"You're my hero, Y/n.♡"
"It doesn't matter how strong you are. Toman has your back."
"The party's getting started!"

"Are you interested in fiction books, Kisaki?"

203 9 6
By AlishaDaWolf

"Sleepyhead," The voice of my dad Yuri called out along with four knocks on my bedroom door. "Breakfast's ready." He said and I heard his footsteps getting further from my room.

I grunted softly in my state of being half away and half asleep and turning in another sleeping position, all cuddled up with my cover and pillow... Before my sleepy eyes shot open and I quickly turned myself to look at the ground almost immediately.

There was the mattress, the pillow and the covers  I had laid out for that Hanma guy last night...

But Hanma was nowhere to be seen, and neither any other signs of him being there as I looked around me, except something I noticed he left for me instead...
The window of my bedroom slightly opened and a little small sticky note from my desk stuck on the pillow, having a smiley face drawn and a little heart next to it.

-----------------------------------

I had gotten dressed and prepared. It was the weekend and Kisaki and I had agreed to have our tutoring lesson earlier and we had decided to meet up in the nearby library where we could find peace and silence, since the school was just a bit further and the library was not available except the weekdays.

As I was walking towards the library, I noticed Kisaki on his way there, too from a short distance. I decided to greet him. "Hey, Kisaki!" I called out, making him turn behind him and look at me with his usual quiet and slightly timid face.

I quickly caught up to him with a small smile and greeted him. "Good morning." "Hi, good morning..."

We walked in silence as he kept his gaze down as we walked, holding onto the hems of his backpack tightly as I walked by his side, keeping a short distance between us. I felt like building some sort of small talk with him, but... He didn't exactly seem that interested in interacting with me?

I then noticed something and reached my at and hand towards him right in front of him, blocking his path, making him pause and look down at my arm in surprise and confusion, before he looked at me, blinking. He saw my serious face looking forward and he followed my gaze.

Outside the library, sitting on the pearly stairs were a bunch of deliquents with some weird hairstyles, wearing purple outfits, looking all smug, smoking and laughing around like idiots.

We both stared at them from the distance, before I spoke. ".... Let's... not go there." I suggested quietly before putting my hand down. "They look like trouble."

"... where will we go now, then?" Kisaki asked me. I looked at him. "How about my place?"

"... y-... your place?"

-----------------------------------------

"Hey, I'm back." I called out as I walked in my house, removing my shoes along with an awkward Kisaki right behind me.

"Huh?" Harry's voice was heard from the kitchen as he walked in, adjusting his glasses. "What about your lesson?" He asked before his brown eyes noticed Kisaki. ".... Oh?"

"Dad, this is Kisaki Tetta, he's the one tutoring me." I introduced Kisaki to my dad.

The moment I said this, Yuri's face popped out of the couch he was laying on, taking his bored gaze off of the television and eyeing Kisaki intensely with his own gray eyes. Kisaki noticed him, too.

Kisaki immediately bowed down respectfully and forced himself to speak. "I-I'm Kisaki... Tetta. It's a pleasure to meet you." He said.

".... woah." Harry muttered before he smiled. "Welcome, welcome! I'm assuming you'll be doing the lesson here today?" "Yeah, that's right." I said and turned to Kisaki. "'Come on, my bedroom is upstairs." I told him, making him swallow deeply a bit nervously and look down on his feet, clenching his bag a bit tightly as he nodded, "sure..." He started following me as we started making our way to my bedroom.

"I'll be preparing snacks for you, two!" Harry called out to us.

--------------------------------------

"I'm sorry for the mess-" I told Kisaki and quickly started picking up some of the thrown stuff as well as the mattress and the covers and pillow I had left on the ground. "I had- um, a guest here recently and yeah..." I said and quickly started making some room for us, as he observed me and looked all over my room quietly, observing every single detail, from the walls, the colors, the posters, the books, mangas, figurines and anything I had in my room, pictures and all my belongings.

"Make yourself comfortable. My dad will get us some snacks too in case you're hungry." I told Kisaki and prepared my desk for more space, adjusting two chairs for us to sit. He slowly sat down just a bit tensed up as he adjusted his glasses and I sat next to him.

I started preparing our papers, our notebooks, pens and books and soon enough Harry walked in and placed a few bowls of snacks and goods for us to eat, as well as some juice for us to enjoy. Harry smiled at Kisaki. He was always the kind of person to be happy to see me socialize and bring new friends home... Yuri on the other hand was not as thrilled, especially when it came go boys... Although he had already warmed up to Mikey and Baji coming over. But other than these two, I had never brought another boy in the house -well, apart from the homeless dude that my parents would never find out about... Talking about him, I wished he was doing well.

"It's really appreciative of you to help our daughter out with her school work, Kisaki." Harry said with a smile. "Her dad and I did not exactly excel in school exactly either and we don't have much time to help her out as we did in the past..." He said, making Kisaki stare at Harry unblinking. Harry continued speaking, ruffling my hair with a grin. "She told us good words about you, Kisaki. She said she is getting better thanks to you and that you're a great teacher!"

"Ugh, dad can you just leave us be now?" I asked with a soft glare, pushing his hand away and fixing my hair. He chucked evily at me and turned away, "Alright, alright... Have a good lesson now," He said and left.

"Dad, the door!" I yelled for him as he left and forgot to close the door for me, making me glare at his way, not noticing the look on Kisaki's face after Harry mentioned the compliments I said about him.

"Ugh..." I groaned and pressed my forehead against the desk.

"Hey, have you seen my gray hoodie anywhere?" H/n asked  all of a sudden, appearing right outside my door, a small basket of clothes in his hands. He then locked eyes with Kisaki, both just staring at each other. "Hi." "....hi." They both awkwardly greeted each other, H/n not expecting a new face in my room and Kisaki not expecting the male version of me right outside my room.

H/n then focused his attention back to me "I can't seem to find my hoodie anywhere no matter how long I have been searching for it and I was wondering if you took it." My brother asked me.

...... whoops.

------------------------------------------

After the two hours passing, we had finally ended the lesson for today and Kisaki started picking up his stuff.. And while he did that, I noticed his gaze sometimes inspecting all over my room again and lingering on my small bookshelf of books and mangas.

I noticed that and thought of something. "... Have you read any of these?" I asked him, making him flinch and look at me. "... huh?"

I walked through my bookshelf and grabbed a few of my favorite stories and showed them to Kisaki. "Are you interested in fiction books, Kisaki?" "... well, not..... really.." He spoke a bit unsurely, making me stare at him. Kisaki was definitely a bookworm, and he was either lying, either unsure or he just had a much more different taste than me. "Well, these ones are really good though..." I started briefly explaining him to him the plot of a few books and manga and showing him some pictures and scenes, opening up to him about some of my interest as he really quietly listened to me and observed what I had to show him. I even grabbed just a few books with crime and horror genre and showed them to him and I even proceeded to show him some of my action figures. Whether he was actually interested or not, he carefully listened to everything I talked to him about and showed him.

So, for the next... well, maybe half an hour or something, I was just talking to him and giving him a tour of my books and a few of my figurines and just showcasing what I had and he just remained silent as I did so, staring at me. It was the very first time we had spent together and talking about anything other than schoolwork and math, although I was the one doing most of the speaking here.

At some point, I paused and apologetically spoke to him, my cheeks heating up. "Ah, I'm sorry, I completely got carried away- I didn't mean to waste any more of your time.. You probably have things to do, I didn't mean to keep you further!" "No, no it's fine..." Kisaki said, blinking and raising his hands up a bit in defense, looking right at me. "I... wasn't exactly that busy." He said and looked back at my books and then at me and spoke quietly. ".... they... they are interesting." He muttered quietly, making me feel relieved and a bit happy. I smiled at him.

"Well... If you liked them, you could borrow a book of mine or two to read at some points, if you want to."

".... Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter--

Shinichiro and Izana will appear next chapter!

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE PUBLISHED ON: April 7th

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.3K 101
**My family** A half Japanese girl came back to her mom's hometown, and meet her childhoods friends. In order to get closer to her friends after leav...
5.7K 139 17
𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫. . . . 𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙞𝙩 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙡𝙮. ...
9.9K 180 11
After 2 years, you finally saw them again. Their regretful stares boring into your figure only made your temper rise. Who were they to give you that...
7.7K 252 23
"𝒦𝒾𝓈𝒶𝓀𝒾! 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒿𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓊𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒻𝒶𝒸𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝒷𝒶𝒹, 𝓃𝑜 𝑜𝓃𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝓇𝑒𝒸𝑜𝑔𝓃𝒾𝓏𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊!" . . . "𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓂𝓎...