Watching and Listening - An E...

By JohannaJaneUn

One day, False wakes up in an unfamiliar world with no memory of her life. Some time later, after False has f... More

Prologue
Who is she?
Cogs turning
The cat, the scarecrow, and the sign
A friend in me
Don't judge a book by its cover
Routine
Voices in her head
Phantoms
Traces of guilt
A rocky start to friendship
Haunting thoughts
What is she hiding?
Flickers of memory
Building bridges
Nightmares
Festival of the rift
Another world
Meeting with friends
False symmetry
Trying to get answers
Watching
Secretive motives
Expose her
Observation of enigmas
Leaking secrets
Wings
New thoughts
Calm before the storm
After a storm comes a calm
Reunited
Friends?
Unpleasant dreams
Questions
Who's the villain?
Rediscovered
Spreading news
And then there were two
Two places at once
Eavesdropping
Come undone
Tagged
Remember
Learning the truth
Replace
Disguises
Slowly figuring it out
Watchers
Angsty explanations
Mind games
Not right
The void tea party
Surprise
Candy
Memory issues
The truth
Spying
Poppies
False memory
Mandela effect
Close friends
Mental
Double life
Trust and distrust
Attack
Aftermath of the attack
Retribution
The animals know all
Lives
1, 2, 3, 4...
In her head
New rooms
Friends in Tumble Town
Set up
Home is where the friends are
Watcher meeting
Allies in Tumble Town
Reclaiming old friends
Almost normal
Power
Training
Weapons
Mumbo's adventures in another world
Her other personality
Dreams
Distracting friends
One last day
One last night
The dreaded day
Mother sun
Watcher versus Watcher
Jimena and Herodias
A win and a loss
Heart
Mind
Soul
Epilogue
Sad alternate ending

Old friends

33 0 0
By JohannaJaneUn

           Gem carefully teleported to her megabase in the hermit world to leave a note there. The note basically said that she'd missed the missing hermits and was going to try some stuff with the rift to see if she could go through and find them. It was an excuse for why she wouldn't be showing up in the hermit world anymore. If elf Gem was in Dawn, then she couldn't be at her megabase. When the hermits living in Hermitopia eventually got back to their world, it would be bad for them to find out that Gem was in both worlds. 

           When that was done, Gem flew to Hermitopia. "Hello," She said, landing next to a couple of hermits. "Hi," They all replied back. "Have you seen Impulse?" She asked. "I need to talk to him about something he built in Dawn." That part was mostly true. Gem had found out that no matter what universe she was in, as long as her fellow souperviser was in it, he would inevitably build some enormous eyesore that she could annoyingly see from her base. 

           "He went to look for our Gem," Joe Hills said helpfully, although Gem already knew that. "They're at the goblin empire, last I checked. Oh yeah, there's a version of you here." Gem blinked and pretended that it was a surprise. "Really?" "Yeah, it's weird but true." Gem laughed and flew off to Gobland. She didn't go in through the entrance, though; instead she mined down from a spot nearby it and just kept mining until she broke into an already mined tunnel.

           Looking through it to the very end, Gem could see that it lead to the outskirts of Gobland. Good, Gem thought. Going as planned. Now comes the tricky part. Gem carefully made a cave-in happen around herself, making sure it looked natural. Then she shapeshifted into her elf persona and made sure that she had no items on her other than rudimentary stone tools and a couple of useless ores that she might've gotten from mining. No food, because if she'd been trapped down here since she got here, which was going to be her fake reason why she hadn't been meeting up with the other hermits, any food she had would probably have been all eaten up by this point. 

           After breaking her leg with her stone pickax and then breaking said pickax, Gem sat down to agonizingly wait until she was found. An hour and a half later, Gem could hear voices coming down the tunnel. "Are you sure we should check down this way? It's not really safe- I mean, safety is our number one priority in Gobland, so yeah, you can definitely check down here!" Gem grinned as she recognized fWhip's voice. "We need to be sure Gem isn't down here," Came Impulse's voice. "Gem!" The other hermits took up calling her name as well, and Gem noticed the tiniest bit of dust falling from the ceiling at the sound. 

           "Please not so loud," fWhip pleaded, and Gem pictured the tiny goblin covering his enormous ears. He had sensitive hearing, but that was probably only half the reason why he was asking them to quiet down. If they were too loud, they might cause an actual cave-in, and not one that the elf had staged. "Over here!" Gem yelled, but then she wondered if they'd actually heard her. Her own voice sounded really quiet in the cavern for some reason. It didn't matter though, because even if the hermits couldn't hear her, fWhip certainly could. 

           "Hey, I heard someone!" "Who?" "Who?!" "Is it Gem?!" "I'm over here!" Gem shouted again. "Cave-in!" There came the sound of people pulling out their pickaxes at the same time and beginning to mine in different directions, continually calling Gem's name. "Don't worry, Gem, we're coming!" Pearl called. "We're going to rescue you, Gem!" "Just stay put!" Gem laughed. "Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere with a broken leg." "Broken leg?!" Everyone yelled simultaneously, and suddenly their mining speed hastened. Gem thought it was really wholesome how much they worried for her. 

           After several minutes of the hermits mining in the wrong direction and constantly telling Gem that she was going to be okay because they were going to rescue her, there finally was this one swing of a pickax that opened up a hole in the wall and let a ray of light into Gem's dark little den. "I'm here!" Gem croaked, happy to find light, even if she wasn't her Dawn persona. Then she quickly double checked that she was dressed up as an elf, just in case. 

           There came cheers from the other hermits when they realized that they found Gem, and soon everyone was mining in the same direction, and this time the correct one. Soon Gem's artificial cave-in was broken through and Gem could see the relieved faces of all her friends. Pearl and Grian reached out to help pull Gem out and the elf shakily tried to stand but her broken leg made her fall back down again in a painful wince. At the sight of her broken leg, the hermits panicked. 

           Sooner or later, someone procured a healing potion and gave it to Gem to drink, and the stronger hermits decided that they were going to carry her all the way to one of fWhip's spare houses. Gem laughed as the hermits panicked over the proper way to carry an injured person. "I'm fine, you don't have to carry me," Gem tried to protest but Pearl shushed her. "No, you're hurt, and we are going to help you!" "Somehow," Impulse added, but he ducked as Pearl jokingly swung her pickax at him. 

           Somehow they managed to get to the Drip tavern without a major mishap, which was weird because fWhip and Grian were there. Although maybe it was because everyone was too worried about Gem to get chaotic. Gem honestly felt touched that she had friends like them. "Hold on Gem; we're almost there," Grian had constantly said on the way, holding her hand to reassure her. Gem smiled at the memory as she lay in one of the tavern bedrooms with a goblin doctor putting a temporary cast on her leg while she drank another healing potion. 

           "Keep it on until the healing potion finishes its job," The goblin doctor told her, and Gem nodded. "Try not to move around so much." "So that means no chopping people's heads off," Grian said with a nonchalant grin, and Gem groaned. "But I left my head collection back home!" "You heard the doctor," Impulse said, sidling up to her. "You can't take the cast off and you need to stay in bed." "He said that I shouldn't move so much," Gem corrected. "Eh, whatever he said, we'll stay here to make sure you follow," Pearl said determinedly. 

          "Have you been trapped in the cave-in this whole time?" Grian asked. Gem nodded. "Weird-looking cave-in," Impulse and fWhip said at the same time. They looked at each other in surprise and Grian said, "Jinx!" "What do you mean, weird-looking?" Gem asked. "It looked off," The dwarf and the goblin said simultaneously again, and this time Pearl was the first one to say, "Jinx!" "Hey, I wanted to do that," Grian protested. Pearl laughed. Then she turned to Gem and offered her some Sanctuary empanadas. "Here, you're probably really hungry after being stuck down there for a few weeks." 

           Gem nodded and bit into the empanada. It had gone slightly cold, but she was too busy worrying about whether Impulse or fWhip would smell a rat about the cave-in looking weird to worry about the food. "Thanks, Pearl," Gem said. Then she realized that she had to pretend she didn't know what it was, because she hadn't ever seen empanadas in the hermit world. "By the way, what is this?" "It's an empanada," Grian said. "You can get those from Sausage at Sanctuary." "Who's Sausage? What sanctuary?" Gem asked, pretending she didn't know this. Okay, this might be slightly harder than I anticipated. "Once you're all healed up Gem, we can introduce you to some new friends." 

---

           Jimmy was so fed up with fWhip and Joel. He'd just gone to work on his railway for the fifth time that day, he'd had so many interruptions that day, but then a tnt minecart came running down his railway and completely blew up one end of it. Now Jimmy had to rebuild that section all over again. He knew who it was, though. Joel and fWhip had helpfully put a label on the minecart saying it was from them and Jimmy had managed to read it before it blew up along with his beloved railway. Now all he had to do know was plan some sort of terrible revenge. 

           "Salutations, sheriff!" Jimmy looked up to see Scar swooping down next to him, deactivating his elytra. "Oh, Scar! Hi!" Jimmy exclaimed. He hadn't really seen Scar around since the hermits had first arrived. "How's it going, Jim?" "Not very good," Jimmy grumbled. He gestured at his destroyed railway and explained what Joel and fWhip had done. Scar's facial expressions shifted from pleasant to understanding to sorry to sad and back around again. 

           "And now I want revenge, but I have no idea how to get it!" Jimmy finished with an annoyed growl. "Not to mention they turned you into a toy," Scar pointed out. Jimmy gritted his teeth, not that he was sure if he had any as a toy. "Don't remind me." "Hey, do you need help with revenge?" Scar asked. Jimmy looked up at him. "Yeah, I would like that, thanks." Scar grinned. "Time for Hotguy to break out his bow!" "Just don't break it," Jimmy said. He wasn't sure who Hotguy was, but he was fairly certain it was one of Scar's alter egos. 

           "Don't worry, I'm never going to break my bow," Scar laughed. "So we're getting revenge together! This is fun." "I guess," Jimmy admitted. The idea of finally getting solid revenge on Joel and fWhip was making him feel excited in a way he hadn't felt before. "This reminds me of the life games," He said. "Hm, I wonder if we've ever teamed up?" Scar mused. The two of them thought for a second. "I don't think we have," Jimmy said at last." "Hey, there's a first time for everything." 

          There was a pause as they digested that. "Hey, can you hire me?" Scar asked, his eyes shining. "Uh, what?" Jimmy asked, confused. "Hire me to help exact your revenge on Joel and fWhip! Like give me diamonds to kill them." "Do I have to pay you?" Jimmy groaned. He wasn't exactly rich. "Well, no, but I want to tell Grian that I got hired to take someone out," Scar said. "Please?" He pleaded, making his eyes look like a puppy's and put the saddest face imaginable on. Jimmy sighed and tossed him a diamond. "Here. I hire you to kill fWhip and Joel." "Yes!" Scar cheered. 

           The two of them flew to Hermitopia so that Scar could get his Hotguy stuff and then they flew to Gobland. "So, how are we going to get revenge anyway?" Scar asked as they flew. "Are we going to commit arson?" "No," Jimmy said. "We're not burning down Gobland. There's a bunch of innocent citizens that I don't want hurt. We're just targeting Joel and fWhip." "It'll be hard to get Joel," Scar pointed out. "He's kind of a god in this wacky place." "Short god," Jimmy corrected. "He's a short god. Be sure to call him that the next time you see him!" "Okay!" 

           Soon they were in Gobland, and they snuck around looking for a specific redheaded goblin. Or at least they claimed that they were sneaking; in reality, they were really quite clumsy and everyone noticed them. They soon found fWhip leaving the Drip tavern though, and Jimmy signaled for Scar to strike. "Hotguy!" Scar shouted, leaping into the air and gliding down while brandishing his bow and shooting out a dozen arrows at once. Jimmy had to admit that Scar looked pretty cool doing that, and his dark navy outfit with orange and cyan streaks didn't hurt. 

           fWhip yelped and grabbed his shield, blocking most of the arrows. And then he dodged the ones that he didn't block. "Woah!" Jimmy and Scar shouted at the same time. They didn't expect the goblin to be so agile. Jimmy grabbed his pistol and started shooting, but fWhip dodged them as well. He grabbed his bonk stick and swung it around, nearly hitting Scar and Jimmy. "Wow, this guy should be in the life games," Scar laughed. "This is a serious matter!" Jimmy yelled, shooting again. "Right, right." 

           Their commotion attracted some onlookers. Grian, Pearl, Impulse, and what looked like a short Gem wearing a weird outfit came out of the Drip to watch the fight. "Should we break this up?" Impulse asked. "Should we sit and watch?" Gem suggested. They sat and watched. "You're doing good, Tim!" Grian shouted. Jimmy rolled his eyes and blocked a blow from fWhip's bonk stick with his shield. He winced as the shield nearly broke from the blow. 

           "Hotguy!" Scar flew up again and started to shoot, but fWhip leapt up and cracked his elytra with his bonk stick. Scar flew madly and crashed into the ground where he promptly died due to experiencing kinetic energy. "Scar, no!" Jimmy shouted, and then fWhip bonked him on the head. Jimmy's vision dimmed and he blacked out. In fact, he actually died and had to respawn at Tumble Town. "That could have gone better," Scar said humbly. "Yup," Jimmy snorted. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

302K 12.1K 50
MaGiC sUcKs ~Yes, this is another Watcher/Hermitcraft story. ~No, there is no shipping. Set during Season 6 because this story came out two days afte...
750 47 9
The thirteen rulers of Empires used to be, well, rulers. Now, they are nothing. Catapulted into a new, strange world called Teyvat, circumstances pul...
10.1K 241 47
When George starts doubting his life after a long while of being okay. When Dream doesn't know how to help him and remain mentally stable himself. W...
3.6K 154 9
Grian was placed into a world, not EXACTLY sure what had happened before then, although he where he was. There was others too. Along with some myst...