Soul to Soul

By star0119

Eve has been normal her entire life - working hard to provide for her and her sick father until one night whe... More

Characters...
Soundtrack...
Chapter One - More Than Meets the Eye.
Chapter Two - Average B-Side.
Chapter Three - Hear me Now!
Chapter Four - Nobody Loves You...
Chapter Six - Always the Last to Know.
Chapter 07 - Toto, we're not in Kansas Anymore.
Chapter Eight - Insta-Friendship!
Chapter Nine - Stranger in this Town.
Chapter Ten - Lying to Myself.
Chapter Eleven - Take my Breath Away.
Chapter Twelve - Can you Handle the Truth?
Chapter Thirteen - New Home.
Chapter Fourteen - Quiet Reflection.
Chapter Fifteen - It's my Life.
Chapter Sixteen - The New Status-Quo.
Chapter Seventeen - Purple Rain.
Chapter Eighteen - Moving On.
Chapter Nineteen - Come Together.
Chapter Twenty - Losing Control.
Chapter Twenty-One - Don't Leave me this Way.
Chapter Twenty-Two - Girl Time.
Chapter Twenty-Three - Talk to Me!
Chapter Twenty-Four - Something to Believe in.
Chapter Twenty-Five - Learning to Share.
Chapter Twenty-Six - What a Shame.
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Rest.
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Night Moves.
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Awkward Tension.
Chapter Thirty - Reckless.
Chapter Thirty-One - I Never Meant to be so...Cold!
Chapter Thirty-Two - Into Oblivion.
Chapter Thirty-Three - Something More.
Chapter Thirty-Four - Take Two!
Chapter Thirty-Five - One Down...
Chapter Thirty-Six - Comfortably Numb.
Chapter Thirty-Seven - When the Heartache is Over.

Chapter Five - Time to Debrief.

4 0 0
By star0119

Sage Prescott...

Meeting Eve yesterday had been an eye-opener. For the most part being a supernatural being can be hidden from the human world.

For example, Witches can blend in easily because we simply don't have any appendages that are uncharacteristic of human beings. When we wield our magic – yes, it is more noticeable that we aren't human, but we try not to flaunt our power to humans.

Shifters are a little harder to hide – even when they aren't in their alter-form, they hold tell-tale signs of what they shift into. For example – wolves tend to have that alpha-aura about them and at times they struggle to hide their eyes, especially when they become emotionally charged.

Vampires have the hardest time – when they become lost to the blood-lust, their eyes turn blood red and the veins around their eyes become much more pronounced and all of that is without their fangs. It is partly why they tend to remain isolated from the human world only venturing out when they need to feed. There is one other form of Vampire – popular human culture calls them succubus or incubus but for us they are simply Vampires. They feed on the arousal of humans, draining their energy to give them their beautiful, youthful looks. Some say those Vampires are the most dangerous. Usually because it is much harder to gage when a human is nearing critical levels of drainage.

With that being said, there was something about Eve that screamed other-worldly. I am unsure if it is the power that I witnessed coursing through her veins in a small display when that guy grabbed her arm or if it is because she is so beautiful, which tends to be a trait of all supernatural beings. There was just something more about her. More beautiful. More vibrant. More powerful.

A knock at my dorm room door pulled me from my thoughts and the paper that I am trying to write for our magical-history class which is due tomorrow. "Yeah?" I called out.

"Can I come in Sage?" Jensen's voice replied, clipped and tense, as if he didn't even want to be here.

If I could say something about the new witch in our dorm, it would be that he confuses me. One minute I think that he might be friendly and approachable and the next minute he is distant and closed off. I wish I could read him as easily as I read Nathan in the diner yesterday when he saw Eve for the first time.

"It's open!" I closed my notebook and placed it on top of the text-book that comes with the Magical-History class.

"Miss. Nightingale wants to see us-" he popped his head around the door frame and my breath caught in my lungs.

I can't and won't deny to myself that I find this man attractive. With his unruly dark hair that I swear he styles that way. The vibrant shine in his beautiful green eyes that I swear can see right through me. The freckles on his upper face only added to the beauty that was Jensen Jackson. Today he is wearing a V-neck t-shirt that clings to every single one of his toned muscles and shows off the abundance of ink that he has. The scent of earth and leather invades my space, mingling with my own scent and it makes my heart skitter excitedly.

I am not the best student, but I am a decent witch and I know that my reaction to this man is one that he seems less than thrilled about accepting.

Fated-mate.

If I am being honest, it is less than thrilling to me either. Being bequest to another person is not my idea of a good time. I guess in the grand scheme of things I am hoping that it simply means I am going to be one of the lucky ones and only has one fated-mate. In rare instances which seem to correlate with just how powerful a supernatural being is, some of us end up with more than one fated-mate. And more often than not, it is always the women who have more than one and a part of me is insulted by that – you see, a fated-mate isn't just about falling in love. No, a fated-mate is designed to amplify and compliment your power, to help you take control of your power and boost it, help you focus and reach your full potential. As if a woman can't do all of that alone. It's insulting when you think of it from the woman's perspective.

"Now?" I asked, trying to keep my tone even and without emotion because as much as I am attracted to this man, he is clearly not interested, and I am not the type of woman who will show how I feel when clearly the feelings are not reciprocated.

"I assume so, Nathan just told me to come and get you!"

"Ok. Give me two minutes?"

"Ok we'll be down in the common room!"

"Thank you!" I may not understand why he doesn't like me, and I may feel the need to hide my feelings, but I am not impolite.

Giving me a nod of his head, he closed the door behind him, leaving me alone for a few moments. My heart slowly began to return to its normal rhythm, and I could breathe easy once again. Getting up, I quickly move to my closet and push aside my school uniform and grab a long flowing dress that shimmers in the sun-light and a simple white vest that I know highlights my curves and assets. Jensen may not want me, and as much, as that hurts, I need to feel good about myself because knowing that my fated-mate doesn't want me in return is soul-crushing. I hate that feeling and I refuse to bow to it.

So, what if Jensen doesn't want me? There are plenty of guys around here that would gladly give me the attention that I crave.

By the time I make it down to the common room, I am on edge. Miss. Nightingale is an amazing Head-Mistress, but she can be somewhat intimidating. Rumoured to have her own harem of men – nine men who worship her, six of which are fated-mates, she makes it work for her and more power to her if you ask me because nine men – damn that is not an easy life. I would struggle with one, forget nine.

"Ready?" Nathan appears at my side and smiles down at me.

I always liked Nathan – he is one of those men who, regardless of how powerful he is, he doesn't change. He is the guy who stands up for anyone who needs it, regardless of whether or not he knows them, and I could see his reaction to Eve yesterday, when that guy grabbed her, he was desperate to intervene. It practically pulsed from him.

"Yeah, you?" I asked as he pushed the front door to our dorm house open and we stepped through into the warm Sunday air.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" He smiled down at me, he truly was an open book.

The three of us moved across the campus slowly, some students were taking advantage of the nice weather, even if it was beginning to get colder at night, the days still held a decent warmth and students littered the quad, sitting under trees and conjuring their magic, walking along the paths that could take you to different spots on the campus. Even some teachers were out strolling.

Some students resent having to come to school once again so soon after finishing human schooling but given that our powers don't tend to manifest until our late teens and early twenties, it makes the most sense and plus, by this age we are mostly mature enough to focus more acutely on what we have to master.

One thing is for certain – being given an order from the Head-Mistress, there was no option in turning it down and honestly, everyone seemed to love her and didn't even mind doing as she requested.

I am hoping that whatever happens next, maybe I have found a friend in Eve. God only knows I could use it because I have had a harder time adjusting to being away from home than I had envisioned having.

Jensen Jackson...

Coming to Never-More Academy was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make. Supernatural school is not compulsory as it is with human school, but it is highly recommended for a supe-being to develop their abilities to the best degree they can.

I had always known that I was a witch, or as some men prefer, wizard. Either way I don't care, I just know that I was magically gifted with the power of spirit – meaning that I can control the air around me, I can talk to the dead, and I can on rare occasions allow spirits to possess me. That last one hurts like a bitch though, so I don't tend to allow it to happen too often. I have only ever really done it for close family.

Anyway, I had struggled with my decision because I loved the life that I had back home in Dallas, Texas. I had my family and friends around me, I had my long-term girlfriend, Mary who I had been in love with since high school. Our plan to get married had been almost entirely set in stone until I got the letter for the academy. Like I said, I always knew that I was magically inclined, and I tried not to hide that from Mary, but something had held me back, I am not the type of person who enjoys hiding the truth from people and I can't explain why I held back from her. My mom believed it was because I knew that she wasn't my fated-mate. I am not so sure. All I know for sure is that the plan had been to forgo the academy and stay with my family and Mary, but when that letter came, when I held it in my hands, I felt this indescribable pull. Something tugged at my soul telling me that was exactly where I needed to be.

Telling Mary that I was leaving was the hardest damn thing I have ever done. I had to make up an excuse about finding a job in my expertise up here in Canada. At first, she scrambled trying to figure out if she could come with me, what she could do for work, where we could live but slowly, I began to influence her into believing that it was the wrong move for her. I hated myself for doing it but there is a reason that the supernatural world is a secret from humans.

The last time the humans knew of our existence there was something that we called the purge. Human on supe-being attacks were out of control and we lost a lot of good people since humans out number us ten to one. I know that there are factions within the Supernatural Legion that want to take control and reveal ourselves to the world once again, citing that we are stronger now and that humans seem to have reached a new level of acceptance. And at times I am torn between believing that and seeing such disgusting prejudice against anything that does not fit the status-quo that I know it would be an utter disaster to reveal ourselves.

Now, saying all of that it wasn't that I believed Mary would be anything like that. I guess I feared her telling her best friend whom she was incredibly close to, or her family who she was just as close to. And the fact that I had influenced her decision was not something that I took pleasure from. I hate mind control at the best of times but performing it on someone I loved so deeply was sickening to me. One thing that I did find solace in was that I managed to help her come to peace with her decision so that she wouldn't hurt so much when I was gone.

But who was going to do that for me?

I have kept myself to myself since arriving here and that is mainly because of the girl walking along next to me right now.

Sage Prescott.

Beautiful was not the word for this girl. In-fact, I am almost entirely convinced that there is no word to describe just how stunning she looks. As supe-beings we do tend to be more beautiful than mere humans. I believe it has something to do with having an advantage given that we live in the human realm. Humans don't tend to be suspicious of beautiful people. Who knows for sure.

All I know is that I feel that tug the professors claim is the fated-bond alerting us to our fated-mate and I feel it so damn hard every time I am around this girl. And a part of me resents her for that.

I don't want to feel this way. I have a girl waiting back in Dallas for me. Mary with her beautiful hazel and long beautiful locks of purple and brown hair, a body that I have spent almost my entire life so far mapping out so that I could pick her out with my damn eyes closed and only touch to guide me. Every time I look at Sage, I feel like I am betraying Mary, and it is eating away at my insides. I don't know what to do. I know that I have never felt this pull to Mary and I hate that. I hate that I have no option in this because my supernatural nature has taken over.

So, I do the only thing that I can. I stay away. And when I do have to be near her, I am short and snappy with her. I know I am being an asshole and that she doesn't deserve this, she has done nothing wrong.

With her hair so dark that it holds a blue tint to it, and it always looks so full and bouncy that I just want to wrap it around my fist and tug hard just to hear her gasp, I can imagine it would be all raspy and full of lust. The large crystal hazel eyes that remind me so much of Mary's, only brighter and swirl with the earth-magic she wields. The cute as a button nose that is pierced through the septum always draws my attention to her full pouty lips that can curl into the most mesmerising smile I have ever witnessed in my life. Tattoos litter her upper arms and the colour in them, in stark contrast to my own black and grey pieces, make the rest of her flesh glow healthily as if she spends all her spare time sitting in the sun. A body with curves that could give a blind man sight sets my pulse racing with need.

But I can't. I cannot let myself fall under the spell of the fated-bond. And from the moment I felt that first tug towards Sage, I have been researching for ways to sever the bond. Unfortunately, there is nothing. At least not yet but I am not giving up.

All I have to do in the meantime is ensure that I keep pushing Sage away. I don't want to hurt her any more than I have to. I am not that much of an asshole that I would purposely be cruel and nasty about it. I mean I don't even know if she realises this is what is happening between us.

For now, we have a meeting with our Head-Mistress and that has to be the focus. I could do that. Denying myself what I want is becoming almost like second-nature at this point anyway. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 1.5K 23
Reaching a decision that will forever change her life, not to mention the fate of the world, she seeks out the one person that can give her the stren...
115 15 9
Eve always knew she was different, as if her adoptive parents would ever let her forget it. She tried to fit into their cookie-cutter lives, but she...
1.1M 37.9K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
71K 3.8K 17
Eve's been through a lot, but prophecy isn't through with her yet. Not yet ready for what it asks of her, it drives a wedge between her and the love...