The Pretended Couple

By taetaefictionworld

Kim Taehyung and Jun YN, two childhood best friends, born into wealthy families and raised side by side. They... More

Prologue
1. Deal
2. Moving in
3. Friends
5. Fight
6. Resolved
7. Project
8. Vacation
9. Business Award
10. Reunion
11. Business Party
12. Time to Let go
13. Aftermath
14. Love

4. Confession

60 2 0
By taetaefictionworld

As the sun rose on the following day, you slowly opened your eyes, greeted by a pounding headache and the lingering effects of a wild night. Your memory of the previous evening was hazy, fading into darkness after you had danced recklessly and obliviously. You couldn't recall anything beyond that moment.

Still feeling the exhaustion from the aftermath of drinking, you and taehyung decided for a quiet breakfast in the comfort of your room.

As you both prepared to leave, you joined the others, only to discover that Jimin had vanished without a trace. No one knew where he had gone, and his sudden departure raised concerns among those who were aware of the events of the previous night.

You, oblivious to the gravity of the situation, brushed off the news, considering it a minor issue.

However, the other friends, Jungkook and Hoseok, who were aware of the happenings of the reunion night were filled with worry and apprehension about Jimin's well-being and the state of his friendship with Taehyung.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

Days turned into a week, and still, no word was heard from Jimin, leaving everyone in a state of uncertainty.

In this one week taehyung tried to take out time to reach jimin and talk with him but his busy schedule didn't let him.

Taehyung has always been protective of you. If that night, instead of jimin, someone else tried to do that, taehyung would probably have beaten him to death considering that you were drunk.

He never wanted to hurt jimin nor did he felt any jealousy watching you and jimin kissed but first you and jimin both were drunk to the greatest extent and second you and taehyung just announced your relationship even though fake but to others it was real and taehyung couldn't understand why jimin being aware of you in a relationship still take that step.

Though taehyung didn't punch him hard, he just wanted to show jimin that what he has done was wrong.

Taehyung decided to visit jimin at his house on weekend so he will be available.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

Taehyung was standing in the kitchen after being welcomed by a maid and was waiting for jimin.

Soon jimin appeared in his casual clothes unaware of who was waiting for him.

As soon as jimin noticed taehyung he stood still at his place, forgetting to greet him, flashback of the night events surrounding him, a guilt sinking in his heart.

Taehyung noticed jimin's silence and guilty expression and decided to took a step forward and hug him.

"How have you been?"

Taehyung asked after breaking the hug. Jimin forcefully smile while replying.

"I m fine. How come you here?"

Jimin signal him to sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen and himself sat beside taehyung turning towards him.

"I wanted to meet you. You left without telling anyone."

Jimin's gaze lower and said.

"Some work just came up."

"Jimin.... what's the problem. Share it with me. What's bothering you?"

Taehyung asked concern while having his hand on jimin's shoulder.

"Taehyung......"

Jimin look towards taehyung and continue after taking a deep breath.

"I m really sorry for what happened. I m embarrassed and ashamed of myself. I couldn't muster the courage to confront you. Instead, I couldn't even meet my gaze in the mirror. I don't know what possessed me that night. I was completely intoxicated, and I had no command over myself."

Jimin's voice was shaking and he gulp trying to control himself from breaking down into tears.

Taehyung pat jimin's shoulder in a comforting manner and said in a calm voice.

"Hey.... it's fine. I also wanted to apologize for punching you. I was also drunk and couldn't control myself. I should have acted maturely and should have talk about this instead of punching you. I also feel sorry for hurting you. Our years long friendship and i didn't even think for a second before hitting you."

Jimin lightly smile and said.

"You don't have to apologize taehyung. You were angry because you love yn. Just like you said our years long friendship still i....."

Jimin again look down and continue after taking a pause.

"Still i kissed your girlfriend. I didn't know what possessed me which make me stoop this low, kissing my bestfriend's girlfriend."

"That's what i wanted to know. I m not here to make you feel guilty or take my anger at you but i wanted to know that after being aware of mine and yn's relationship why you still kiss her?"

Jimin pressed his lips together and turn his stool towards the marble counter top resting his arms on the kitchen counter, but remained silent.

"Jimin... don't be like this. Please share it with me."

Jimin sigh hanging his head low.

"I m really really sorry taehyung. I m such a pathetic friend. I know you and yn are in a relationship and i was happy for both of you. If you both are happy then what else i want but....."

Tears started to fall from his eyes as he continue.

"but what should i do with my heart. I have always loved yn from long ago. My crush was yn all this long. I was happy for both of you but i couldn't bare the pain i felt in my heart and in order to ignore the pain i started drinking non stop and when i found myself close to yn i couldn't help but to kiss her. I m really sorry taehyung."

Jimin let out a sob. His head still hung low while he silently cried.

Taehyung felt sorry for jimin. Cause he is not in a real relationship with you therefore he felt guilty of stealing his best friend's one and only crush.

Everyone including you knew how much jimin was in love with a particular one and how even without her knowing about his dedication and affection, he always remain loyal to his crush, not giving a damn about all those girls who tried to steal his attention.

Taehyung was fighting with himself whether to tell jimin about this fake thing or not. He can't see jimin in pain. But he can't even enlighten him with truth. You both decided not to tell anyone about your fake relationship.

Even though jimin is his closest friend and he will never spill a single detail to anyone but still these things could unintentionally be blurted out and will spread like a wind and it will take no time when this news will reach their families.

Furthermore he didn't want to give false hope to jimin. What if you won't love jimin. What if after this whole relationship thing end you don't want to be in any kind of relationship cause you always wanted to give proper attention and time to your work. What if jimin will keep on living in a false hope that when yours and taehyung's relationship ended he will have a chance, but if it won't turn out like this he will be completely heart broken.

In order to not give him more pain and helped him move on, he decided not to tell him the truth.

Taehyung wrapped his arm around jimin's shoulder and rub his arms trying to comfort him.

"I m sorry here. Sorry for stealing your love. I didn't knew it was yn. I swear if i would have known i would never had started my relationship with her. We all know your dedication towards your crush. And i would be happy and satisfied if yn got a partner like you. I m sorry."

Jimin didn't said anything and silently cried while taehyung keep on comforting him. After a few minutes jimin collected himself and said.

"I am really happy for both of you. Don't think that i love yn so i will be against your relationship. You guys look perfect and made for each other. Though my love for yn will take time to go away or (sigh) will never, who knows, but i wanted you both to be happy."

Jimin gulp and said.

"Don't ever hurt her taehyung."

Taehyung said in a low voice being hurt by seeing jimin who was always smiling and laughing, always comforting him, being there for him, is now in this condition, completely broken and hurt because of him.

"I promise i won't."

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

You, settled into the study room of your apartment, engrossed in your laptop lost in your work. This week had been a whirlwind of productivity and busyness due to a new project, leaving you with little to no time for yourself.

Suddenly, your concentration was broken by the sight of a steaming mug of coffee placed delicately on your desk. You looked up to see taehyung holding his own cup of coffee smiling lightly.

You also smile in return at his small yet sweet gesture as he took a seat beside you.

Despite being busy and occupied with work, you both always make sure to at least have a cup of coffee together and have some little chitchat to freshen yourself. But today, consumed by the demands of your work, you forgot. So taehyung decided to took the responsibility to brew the perfect blend for both of you.

"You always make coffee for both of us so i thought why shouldn't i do the same."

You chuckle lightly holding your cup and said.

"Thank you so much. I was in desperate need of this."

"What are you into nowadays. You seems so busy lately."

You sigh and said.

"Yeah it's this new project i m working on and if it got successful I'll be able to sign a deal with American company spreading my company to foreign world. (excitedly) Amazing right."

Taehyung chuckle and said.

"Brilliant. And i know you can do it. Fighting."

You both giggle and got lost in your little chitchats while sipping on the freshly prepared coffee by taehyung.

"Uhm.... yn..... I wanted to talk about something."

You nodded and he asked.

"Do you remember everything after getting drunk that night?"

You frown and answer.

"Not everything. I remembered till me dancing. Nothing after that."

Taehyung nodded and you asked.

"Why are you asking though. Did i do something embarrassing. I remember you telling me to stop."

Taehyung sigh and told you everything what happened in the party and also his conversation with jimin.

"Though i wanted to tell jimin that it's all fake in order to comfort him but didn't wanted to give him false hope unaware of your feelings."

You was staring at an empty space being lost in thoughts and said.

"I don't know...... i don't know how should i react, what i want, whom i love. I only know that i wanted to succeed in my business. I never think out of this."

You look towards taehyung not sure what should you do and how should you react in this situation.

"I can understand you yn that's why i didn't tell jimin anything. But i thought you should know about this too."

You nodded again staring at nowhere. Taehyung noticed your sudden silence and being lost so said.

"Hey, it's already late at night and you've been working since morning. Take a break and get some rest. And don't stress about the situation. Jimin said he's happy for us, but he's also going through some pain. He's resilient and will overcome it. Don't blame yourself for any of this. Let's get some sleep now."

You nodded.

You don't know why you couldn't stop thinking about jimin. Though taehyung told you not to blame yourself but still somewhere inside your heart felt a little guilty for breaking someone's heart and specially jimin. You have also known him from long ago and aware of him being in love with someone. You decided to meet jimin and at least talk things out to calm yourself.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

The air is filled with the sweet scent of blooming flowers, carried by a gentle breeze that caresses your skin. As you make your way to the designated meeting spot, you can't help but feel something weird.

The park is alive with the joyful laughter of children playing and the sound of birds chirping in the trees.

You spot jimin waiting patiently under the shade of a towering cherry blossom tree, his eyes lighting up as he catches sight of you.

As you approached him you both greet each other which felt a little awkward as you both were aware of the situation.

You started the conversation while looking at him.

"Jimin.... Taehyung told me about that party night and his conversation with you. I don't know what to do now. I don't know how to react. I just wanted to meet you once, didn't know why.... (shrugging shoulder) maybe to apologize."

Jimin smile lightly which pains your heart cause this was the first time when his smile didn't reach his eyes.

"Why do you want to apologize yn. You didn't do anything wrong."

"But what about you. You------"

"I m fine yn. And happy for both of you."

He hesitatingly hold your hands and said.

"As long as you are happy, i m happy. Taehyung and you look perfect together. And you are happy right?"

What else could you do instead of nodding as yes.

"Then i m also happy."

You smile lightly. Jimin retrieve his hands putting them in his pocket releasing a shaky breath.

"Jimin... i m sorry for what I've done to you though unintentionally but i hurted you. But you are a really nice man jimin. You are young and handsome, caring and loving, if you could try any girl will fall in love with you, anyone will be lucky to have you."

"But not the girl i want."

You shut your mouth hearing this. You have known taehyung friends group for really long. Park Jimin, who was always the happy one, who always try to be optimistic in every situation and cheer others when they are at the lowest is now being broken and hurt.

Your expression also saddens hearing him. Jimin notice and chuckle to lighten up the mood and said.

"Sorry sorry, it just came out of my mouth. I didn't want to blame you or anything. Sorry for that."

You slightly nodded and said softly.

"It's alright. I know you are hurt. I won't mind even if you lash out at me."

Jimin chuckle.

"To make it up for you, to make you feel better, we could hang out together, lunch or coffee."

You suggested and jimin again chuckle and said.

"I am actually going to Paris tomorrow morning so i am actually busy with packing and stuffs."

You asked confused.

"Why are you going?"

"Don't misunderstood me. I am happy for you and taehyung but i also need space and time to calm my heart and to move on. Being here witnessing you and taehyung together won't help me. Therefore i decided to move to Paris for some time."

You lightly smile and said.

"Please take care of yourself."

Jimin smile while saying.

"I will. Don't worry about me."

"Did you met others?"

Jimin nodded.

"Yeah i have met jungkook and Hoseok too."

You nodded not knowing what to say.

"I know it's too much to ask but can i get a hug. A good bye hug, if you don't mind."

You smile nodding as yes and he pulls you in his embrace.

You all 5 are really close that hugging and teasing each other was a daily dose before but as everyone started getting busy in work life your meet ups decreases but your bond with each other remains intact. But as you and taehyung are now a couple in others eyes therefore jimin first ask not wanting to make you uncomfortable.

✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛɪɴᴜᴇᴅ

♡♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 7.8K 133
"𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒐𝒇 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒅𝒖𝒎𝒃 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒅𝒆."
6.5K 296 36
this is a story between a rich business man and an ordinary girl . How there threads will connect with each other to know more just jump into the s...
5K 293 25
this story is on a clumsy girl and her cold boss. she always irritates him by her dead jocks. he used to scold and shout at her but she always irrita...
5.6K 112 18
A HEARTLESS PSYCHO HAS FALLEN FOR YOU!!!!! WILL HE LOVE YOU DEARLY AND WONT HURT YOU?!?! WILL YOU BE ABLE TO LOVE HIM AS MUCH AS HE DOES?!?! READ MO...