Short Story Competition 2024...

Von SallyWriter123

If anyone wants to have a fun challenge, they can join this competition! A prompt and minimum word amount wil... Mehr

Entries
Prizes
Prize Examples
Rules
Prompts
List of Contestants
Entry 1 ~๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜’๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ฉ๐˜ต ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜š๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ท๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต~
Entry 1 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 2 ~๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜—๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข ๐˜๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ~
Entry 2 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 3 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 4 ~๐˜‹๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ˆ๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜จ๐˜ฐ~
Entry 5 ~๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ช๐˜ด ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฑ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ~
Entry 5 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 6 ~๐˜ˆ ๐˜Š๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜›๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ~
Entry 6 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 7 ~๐˜”๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ป๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ข ๐˜›๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ (๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜Œ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ˆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ)~
Entry 7 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 8 ~๐˜ ๐˜Š๐˜ข๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜›๐˜ฐ ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ~
Entry 8 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 9 ~๐˜Œ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜›๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜™๐˜ฐ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ~
Entry 10 ~๐˜๐˜ท๐˜บ'๐˜ด ๐˜Ž๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ~
Entry 10 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
Entry 11 ~๐˜›๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฌ๐˜ด ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ...~
Entry 11 - ๐‘ช๐’“๐’Š๐’•๐’Š๐’„๐’Š๐’”๐’Ž
โ™ก ๐•Ž๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•Ÿ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•ค โ™ก

Entry 3 ~๐˜ˆ ๐˜Ž๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ญ ๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ ๐˜“๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜บ~

12 1 2
Von SallyWriter123

Author: Leonessa (Quotev)

Genres: Historical fiction, Romance, Psychological Thriller

Word Count: 2515

Trigger warning: Death, minor mention of murder; minor swearing, minor act of possession

Disclaimer: This story is written for ENTERTAINMENT purposes ONLY. Although this work explains the thought process of the assassin, this story DOESN'T SUGGEST anyone to do the following. The author will not hold up responsible to any of your actions.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Gilbert's heart pounds as he spots Ella laying on the bright sand of Sugar Beach. She's perfect for him, an absolute sight. Although Ella typically wears her red full suit, Gilbert couldn't help imagining what's like to feel her pale,flawless skin melting at the warmth of his hands. The love that Gilbert feels for Ella wasn't just physical, it was also mental. There wasn't a minute that passed,where Gilbert couldn't think of her head. What is she thinking when she's with him? Is she only being polite or does she like him back? The way she isn't like the others, who are too fast to judge him for his looks & social behaviors, only intrigues him more. She was rather smart & shares his dream of becoming a Forensic Pathologist. They are perfect together, if only Ella could see him as something more than just a friend.

Gilbert holds his breath in as he starts to walk up to Ella,anxious on finding an excuse just to lay down next to her. Just a few meters away though,Gilbert spots Ella talking to a man that appears to be in his late 20's. Of course,Gideon, has to be with her! Always so sweet and so protective for his little sibiling. What Gilbert doesn't get is why Gideon hates him so much,to not let Ella go with him alone. Gilbert loves her and Gideon needs to understand that Ella is his,he'll garentee that.

Patience. Gilbert knows better than just walking up to Ella right in front of her older brother. He learned his lesson before. In the matter of fact, it was Gideon's fault if his face was uglier than before. Unlike Gideon, Gilbert is a good christian and never raised a hand on someone. But he absorbs at school, outside, and even at home. Gilbert doesn't care though. He doesn't care if he gets mistreated by his family members or by the hottest girls that live on his street. All Gilbert needs is Ella.

At last, when Gideon left to head to the snack shack a few meters away, Gideon saw his opportunity. Netherless of his trembling legs,shortening breaths and nerves churning inside of him, Gideon manages to push up his black squared glasses at the bridge of his nose and say hi.

Ella smiles and sits up to make eye-contact with him. "Hey Gillbert, what's up?"

"I...I...wass wonddeering i-if I...c-could join you." Oh, curse his stuttering! Thankfully Ella didn't seem to notice but instead of responding, she glance at Gideon looming over him about 3ft, holding 2 strawberry icecream cones. Gilbert winces expecting a punch in the face.

"Is this man bothering you,Ellie?" Gideon asks in his deep masculine voice,obviously annoyed at the sudden intrusion.

Ella shakes her head. "No G,not at all," Ella says in her sweet,innocent voice. " Gilbert was just asking me if he can join us."

Gideon gives Gilbert the best glare he could muster, before narrowing his eyes challenging his sister's stalker. Not that Ella realizes it, since she sees the good in everyone, so it's up to Gideon to protect her. Eversince Ella started highschool, he knew that Gilbert was trouble. "No, leaves us alone."

Gilbert looks dumbfondly at Gideon, for a second, before heading off.

***

Anger burns the inside of Gilbert's organs as Gilbert heads into his room, with 'keep out' signs all over the place. How dare does Gideon treat him like that! Ella is 18 , she can decide for herself! Gilbert doesn't know how, but some day he'll make Gideon regret for all the things he done. So far though, he knows that the twenty-first of January was Ella's birthday date & he'll make sure to set a nice surprise for her...

***

Ella was having a nice family lunch until the house phone rang. "Well, I guess it's right to let the birthday girl answer the phone, since it's her special day. What do you say, dear?" Ella's father leans back in his chair, pats his stomach & winks at her.

Ella gets up from the table and smiles before answering the call. Ella's heart races as the caller gave her an appointment to meet up in front of the church. Ella knew the caller so it wasn't like she was talking to a complete stranger, but something about his voice this time made her insides tremble. Ella's family glance at her in anticipation.

"Who was on the phone,dear?" Ella's mom asks.

As Ella debates whether or not to tell her family the truth, Gideon makes a short eye contact with her. Damn, he knows.Ella attempts to beg him with her eyes to not say a word. "I need to meet a friend of mine in the square, outside of the church."

Gideon has had enough. Anger boils deep inside him and before Gideon could understand his actions, it was too late. The abruptness of him standing and slamming the table with his napkin caught everyone's attention. " I'm coming with her!"

Their father gives Gideon a scolding look. " No, you are not."

Gideon challenages his father with a look of his own. Face to face, you can tell that Gideon is a copy of his father. Besides the fact that the father's dark hair is slightly greying, Gideon's dark brown eyes and strong squared jaw is similar to his father. Gideon attempts to walk past the diner table & grab his coat, however his girlfriend grabbed his arm. " Gideon, your sister is old enough to have fun on her own! Sit down and eat your food. " Ella's mom put every ounce of command in her voice,which apparentely works since Gideon didn't protest.

But something was wrong about this situation, Ella was supposed to be celebrating with family & Gideon didn't like it one bit. "Ella," Ella turns to face him. " Return for the cake."

Ella smiles and kisses her older brother on the cheek. "I will." This isn't a promise.

***

Gilbert rubs his hands together as the chilly air surrounded him. He hopes that Ella will show up so he could give her the present,perfectly wrapped in hot pink wrapping paper . He can just imagine her face matching the same color as soon as he hand her the gift. As soon as he was starting to lose hope, she arrives in a beautiful long winter coat and jeans.Gilbert was speechless, here she was,the woman he's been crushing on for 3 years & now he has her all to himself. Gilbert felt his excitement , at the same time anxiety rising, as she gotten closer. To him, Ella was like a godness from heaven, so unreal and pure. "Hey." Gilbert opens his arms for an embrace. Being Ella, she fell into his arms without any hesistation. Gideon inhales her sweet,feminine almond scent before letting her go.

A moment of awkward silence passed before Ella spoke up. "So what do you want to tell me, that you coudn't say on the phone?"

Damn, she's so cute and innocent. All he wants to do is have her in his forever and stay like that. But from experience, he knew to take it slow. Gideon shrugs his shoulders. "I got a sur-surprise for you." Gideon holds out the present.

Ella smiles and reaches for the present. Gilbert's breath halts as she opens the box. Ella's eyes widen in surprise. It was exactly the same golden sunflower pendant she lost a few months ago and Gilbert has bought it. That thing most have cost fortune! "Gilbert, How did you..."

"Shh,there." Gilbert interrupts by holding out his hand. "Just enjoy the gift. Do you want help with putting it on?" Ella nods and pulls her long, silky, light brown, straight hair to one side. Boh- yeah, mr.smooth! Now that's how to get close to a girl! Gilbert continues mentally celebrating his sucess while sneaking behind her and inhaling her sweet shampoo. He let his gaze linger on her back for a few seconds, appreciating her view from behind. 'Later,my lamb. Later.' Gilbert thought of the long night he has planned for Ella, but they ought to commit any sins. Espically when he came from a very strict catholic family.

Ella looks behind her , in anticipation for Gilbert to put the neckalace on her. Lately he has been acting strange but it's not over the limit. Perhaps she is just over exaggerating the situation. When Ella first met Gilbert, she noticed that he didn't quite fit in with the society. However, everyone is so mean to him , also at home, therefore she decided to be that one person who gives him the love he never recieved. Gilbert finally placed the neckalace on her and hugs her from behind,pulling her closer to him. Ella is taken by surprise & her heart beats accelerates. Is it normal to fear but at the same time love a person?

"You're beautiful, Ella." Gilbert whispers. Ella feels her stomache cramp, she loses track of what surrounds her,nor she doesn't really care. Ella never has been called beautiful from a guy outside of her family & to be honest, she liked the small attention. Gilbert starts placing small kisses on the back of her neck. When Ella turns to face him, he leans fowards and kisses her. She did it . She had her first kiss, with a guy who she never thought of him as something more than her friend. But his gestures and the love he gave her demonstrates her maybe they were destined to be more . Everything is perfectly romantic & Ella couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate. The kiss was short, but sweet. Instinctly Ella wraps her arms around his neck and leans foward pressing for more, until the coldness around them heats up. A minute passes of just looking into each other's eyes in silence,before Ella spoke.

"Wow, I never imagined my birthday to be like this." Ella offers Gilbert a smile.

Gilbert couldn't believe in his luck. At first he was unnoticed, then Ella starts being his friend and now he actually kissed her. Now is the moment of the truth, now it's time to see if Ella really loves him like he demonstrated to her. "Come, I'll take you to my favorite place." They walk hand and hand in the cementary before stopping infront of a picture of an ederly, well-dressed man with an a cigar in his mouth.

'Why on earth would he bring me to the cementary?' The nervousness in Ella's stomache increase, however this time she couldn't blame love. Perhaps this whole time, she knew that he was a creep and decided to ignore the little signs, for how genuine she is. This is a bad idea, kissing him was a bad idea. Now, she just needs to focus on how to get back home safely.

"This was my grandpa Joe," Gilbert glances at the tomb before continuing. " He was the only one who loved me until I was fifteen . He death, devastated me. I spent long afternoons crying alone on his tomb. Then you came." Gilbert searches in her beautiful hazel eyes for some type of emotion, yet he recieves nothing. "Joe would have been pleased to meet you. He would kill anyone just to have you on my side."

Ella shivers at the coldness of his tone and words. She doesn't recognize Gilbert anymore & she doesn't want to be here. A nervous laugh arose from her. Gilbert offers her his best hollywood smile he could muster. This time, there was nothing to joke about. Danger and hunger are written upon his features. Ella has to think fast . She knew yelling for help and trying to outrun him wasn't a good idea, since Gilbert was one of the fastest classmate in gym. She also knew better than just pulling her phone out infront of him to call the police. Playing along seems like the best option to her. "Haha, my father will literally kill me if I don't come home. " Ella wants to bite her tongue as soon as she said that.

She grimaces,seeing that Gilbert was satisfyed with her response."Your father doesn't have to kill you. Marry me."

"What?" Ella sputters,knowing that she didn't hear wrong,but she needs to find herself some more time.

Gilbert's grin widens, he loves seeing the fear of his victims before seeing them fall to his feet. Their feminine side is exactly what makes them satiable. "Marry me and I'll take you away from here. I love you and I'll protect you from everything. "

Panic arose from Ella. "No, you're crazy . I'm not going to marry you. I'm going home and you are going to let me go. I don't want to speak to you ever again. Please respect me. " Tears streamed on Ella's face. As soon as she starts to run and reaching out her phone,Gilbert grabs her arm.

Before Ella could let out a scream, Gilbert covers her mouth with a gag. He stares at her widen eyes enjoying the view of her fear."Shhh,I'm not going to hurt you. I just want a hug goodbye, then I'll let you go." Gilbert takes away the gag from her mouth and steps back,holding out his arms for a hug. She is left no choice but to comply.

That was the last of Ella, he seen. It was her fault for making him die every single day & tempting him into a game , just to refuse him like everyone else does! She hurt him, but at least he kept true to his christianity and let her free. Gilbert takes a whiff of Ella's sweet shampoo, wishing he could caress through her hair and care for her like nobody else. He grabs the ribbon of the birthday present and ties her small strands of hair together, so he could save her in his heart forever.

***

Gilbert has been arrested after 17 years, thanks to dectective Valdez and her crew, that has found actual proof to criminate him. Although after years of searching, various police stations told the family that Ella left home from her own will, Gideon and his family never stopped searching for her until the truth hits them.

Gideon stands infront of millions of faces supporting Ella at her funeral. He took a quick glance at the police officers, the family members and his girlfriend who gave him the strength to speak into the mic.

" Ella wasn't an ordinary girl. She loved everyone, even her enemy. If you saw her, you would know immediately what type of person she is. Fun,loving and kind. She brings out the postivity in all of us." Gideon's voice crack,as he quickely wipes the tears streaming down from his face. "For all of you here today, you guys weren't there when we told you Ella wouldn't have just dissappeared. But you are here now and I want to tell Ella infront of all of you, how much I love her. I miss you, Ella."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support the author on their official Quotev profile!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

205 5 16
This story will be a collection full of random stories inspired from writing prompts off the internet. I take no credit for the prompts I find, but I...
14.5K 705 38
A collection of short stories. (Some are better than others lol.) Some were written using prompts x
... Von skippingstone12

Kurzgeschichten

18 0 2
99 9 7
A Collection of seemingly unrelated Short Stories ยฉ All Rights Reserved