A long road to happy

De Discombobulate12

Winning a drunken bet with friends leads Harley down an unexpected road, one that she may live to regret... Mai multe

Chapter 1: Plus 1
Chapter 2: Pools of green
Chapter 3: Shots and game plans
Chapter 4: Reggie and regret
Chapter 5: Dancing and coffee
Chapter 6: Sacred rules and hospitals
Chapter 7: Dinner date
Chapter 8: Park drama
chapter 9: Unknown number
chapter 10: Lizzie to the rescue
Chapter 11: Morning coffee
Chapter 12: Friends and flirting
Chapter 13: Drunken calls
Chapter 14: Dinner date
Chapter 15: The morning after
chapter 16: Out, out part 1
Chapter 17: Out, out part 2
Chapter 19: Moving on
Chapter 20: Dynamic
Chapter 21: Scarlett's thoughts
Chapter 22: Flash back

Chapter 18: What are friends for?

181 4 0
De Discombobulate12

Morning after

Harley's POV:

I'm woken by a gentle rocking motion that seems to get more aggressive by the second, it kinda feels like I'm on a boat and the waters are getting choppier. This is not helping the seasickness I'm feeling.

“Har, for the love of God, move your fat ass!”

Wait, what? I slowly open my eyes and realise I'm in my room, not on a boat. There's also a body underneath me.

For a split second, my brain goes into overdrive. Fuck, what happened? Tell me I didn't take a random woman home with me.

“Oi, dickhead, get the hell off of me, you're a thousand degrees and I need to pee!”

I groan as I move my head up to lock eyes with Sky. My racing heart suddenly calming down and returned to a normal pace. I nuzzle the side of my head further into Sky “mmmm, but you're soooo squishy and comfortable, 5 minutes more?” I say, rubbing my head on her collarbone to get comfy again.

“Sure, if you want me to wet your bed?” I groan and begrudgingly roll off Sky. The movement doing nothing for my seasickness. . . Wait, no boat, means no seasickness, yay. This is a hangover. I groan some more and pull the pillow over my face. “Skyyyyyyyy, I'm dying! Bring me water please? Oh, and the strongest painkillers we have. It feels like someone is continually smashing me over the head with a sledgehammer”

I next awaken to Sky nudging me, showing me the water and painkillers much to my relief. “Thank God, I love you Sky.” I gulp the painkillers down greedily, when a thought comes to me. “Why aren't you dying Sky? You drank as much as me, if not more, and you were high!”

The corners of her mouth start to rug upwards and she's refusing to look at me. I know that look, that's her ‘I did something clever and you haven't worked it out yet’ look. God I hate that look, mostly because I haven't worked it out yet!

“Sky????”

“Did you not wonder why I insisted on going to the bar to get our drinks half way through the night?” She says, looking up at me. “Or why I always insisted that my shot was tequila regardless of what you and Danny got?”

I rub my head, it's far too early to be trying to engage my brain right now. “No Sky I didn't, I don't even remember that. . .I think. Maybe. Vaguely?”

“Yeah, I switched to fizzy pop and water shots. Sorry. . . . . Not really sorry.”

She sits staring at me as i rub my hands down my face. “Nooooo, Sky, why??”

“Also, why didn't you just switch mine to water? I doubt I would've realised!”

Swatting my arm she replies “I did! Like, three quarters of the way through the night. I'm pretty sure you'd be getting your stomach pumped right about now if I hadn't. You're welcome by the way.”

“Also” she pauses, kissing my head and getting up to leave, “You stink hunny. Just saying.”

At that, I throw my pillow at her. “if I wasn't dying, I'd kill you!” laying back down I groan. My pillow, noooo, I'm an idiot.

“Sky, gorgeous, beautiful person that you are. The light of my life. . .please give me my pillow back? I'm all but begging on my knees here.”

I look up to see Sky in the doorway, she walks over, handing me my pillow back. “You're lucky that I can't resist how pathetic you're being right now, makes me want to just snuggle you up and baby you all day.”

“Yes to all of it apart from the last bit. I'm not a baby.” I grumble out, smashing my head into my pillow like the mature adult I am.

“You're my baby” She says, ruffling my hair, causing me to groan some more.

“Go away.”

She sighs lightly, lifting the duvet to get back under. I look over to her to see her laying back with her arms open, motioning for me to snug in. I do the most ridiculous little squeak as I shuffle over to lay on top of her, finding the right spot on her chest for the side of my head to rest.

I can’t help it, some people are emotional when hungover, some are just hungry and angry, some are all pukey and gross. Me? I'm basically a child when hungover, a bratty little kid. And Sky, well, she’s very much a mummy, so she loves it when I'm hanging. “If you tell anyone about this, I'll kill you.” I say, looking up into her eyes to show her how serious I am.

She chuckles, running her fingers through my hair. “I wouldn't dream of it. You're a big brave lion, aren't you?” Yeah, she really likes to tease me, but it doesn't annoy me enough to make me move away from her, and If it did, she'd just pull me back and apologise. She loves it just as much as I do.

“How much of last night do you remember?” Her soft, soothing voice breaks the silence. “umm, more than I'd like to?” If I know Sky as well as I think I do, she's hinting at something specific. And I know Sky like the back of my hand. “Is there something specific you're referring to here?” I ask.

She plays with my hair a little more before sighing. “How about the part where I threw my drink all over Scarlett?”

My head tilts to the side as I raise it up to look at her eyes. “You did what now? Nah, you're lying.” I say. There is no way Sky would do that, she's so chill. You could ruin her favourite jacket and she'd be all ‘it's all right, I needed a new one anyway’. Nothing fazes her.

“Yeah hunny, I did.”

“What? But why?” I'm so confused right now.

“Well” She says, sitting up and bringing me to sit on her lap sideways so my side is against her body and I can still rest my head on her. “You saw her dancing with ‘a guy’. Being all smiley and laughing at him. You took great offence to this and decided to confront her, you may have used some choice words and you may have told her that…” “She should be careful that she doesn't make a habit out of cheating on her husband when his back is turned. Oh God.” I finish for her.

“Yeah. She seemed rather unfazed throughout, that smirk you hate plastered on her face. So, i decided to grab one of my friends, Stacey, and basicslly threw her st you with instructions to flirt hard with you and to make sure she kissed you where Scarlett could see. Let me tell you, she didn't disappoint. She wasn't happy when she decided to walk towards you two. Well, I may have fallen into her with my full drink. You're welcome.”

“Oh man. This is a mess, isn't it? For someone who hates drama, I sure am creating a lot of it.”

“Thank you.” I tell her.

She shrugs, “What are friends for? Just don't look at your phone, OK?”

“What?”

Grabbing my phone, I unlock it to see a number of messages. Obviously, I go to the one from Scarlett First.

Scarlett:
Are you doing this in front of me on purpose?

Scarlett:
Meet me in the bathroom now.

Scarlett:
Harley, meet me in the bathroom. We need to talk. Please.

Scarlett:
Why are you ignoring me? You know I didn't use you, don't you?

Scarlett:
I can't believe you just kissed that woman. Why would you do that?

"What the fuck?" I voice.

"I told you not to look."

"What the hell am I meant to say to those messages? Looks like your little rouse worked."

"Give me your phone." I hesitate for a second, then hand it over. Sky is in mummy mode. She won't do anything bad.

Harley:
Married women don't get a say in what I decide to do with my love life. How is the husband, by the way? Hopefully, he's a bit more satisfying in the bedroom department now? It would be awkward if you had to think of me to finish, wouldn't it?

She shows me whst she's written, waiting for my go ahead. I shrug, then hit the send button. "Too late to change my mind now."

"It'll work out, baby, I promise."

"How do you know?"

She readjusts her hold on me, making me look her right in the eye. "Have I ever lied to you?"

"No, you haven't."

"Then trust me, it'll work out. I know it."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

49.1K 1.8K 37
This is Book 2 of Next Door Lover~ This book continues off a few years later and will show where Katie is now and if anything happened with Scarlett...
482K 18.8K 66
• Rhea just finished her first year of college, but with a strained relationship with her parents... she has no home to come back to during summer br...
30.6K 1K 29
Y/N had always been in love with her costar, Scarlett, but something had always stopped her from pursuing it. Truthfully she was scared of losing her...
2.5K 85 10
Thrilling and romantic fanfiction. Natasha Romanoff finds herself unexpectedly vulnerable after a mission goes wrong, compelling her to seek refuge w...