You're my safe haven || Jerem...

By Im_a_ghost_one

He never thought Jeremiah would ever love him back. Sure he had his wishful thinking, but his father's words... More

Information
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen

Chapter One

737 12 4
By Im_a_ghost_one

<You're my safe haven<3 >

-Chapter One: Pristine Love

Every summer, since before Beau was even born, the Conklins have been going to Cousins beach with the Fishers. It has always been that way and Beau hopes it continues to stay that way. It has been his safe haven, just his mom, Susannah, the Fisher brothers, and Beau and his siblings. No dad's. Not that feeling of constant dread that he potentially has done something to disappoint his father.

Since Beau came out as gay to his family. John Conklin, his father, has started treating him worse, it's not so bad when they are around people but he still does it, and it still hurts Beau to think his father, someone who is supposed to love him unconditionally, doesn't. Lucky that isn't the case for Laurel, his mother, she hugged him and laughed, said she has known for a while and that she was proud of him for telling them.

Steven, his twin brother, didn't care, instead of talking about girls with Beau, he jokes and teases him about boys. Not in the bully way, but the 'I love you for you, so I am gonna tease you' kind of way. Sadly that wasn't the case for Belly, this just added another thing for her to make fun of Beau for, she has always been against LGBTQ+. When Jeremiah came out, she denied it and she still does, she doesn't do it to his face but when she is around Beau she either ignores him completely or shoots him looks of disgust.

Last year Laurel divorced John, using the 'I just fell out of love with him' but that was just not the case, the real reason was that she saw the way John treated Beau, and she was not happy about it. So she took matters into her own hands. Whenever Beau came crying to her she comforted him, he never told him what it was about, so he assumes that she didn't know.

Beau would do anything for his mother. When she divorced John, men tried to flirt with her many times, they usually stopped whenever they saw Steven and Beau's glare directed at them. If looks could kill, they would be farther than the earth's core. Then they weren't seen near Laurel ever.

Beau woke up from his alarm at 5:00 am, sitting up slowly while he rubbed his eyes to prevent himself from falling back asleep before someone softly knocked on his door. "Come in." He told the person, sleep evident in his voice as he yawned. Laurel soon came into her son's room with a smile, "Today's the day!" She said excitedly as she walked over to Beau. He smiled "yay! I can't wait!"

Laurel smiled before she seemed to remember why she came in here, "Oh right, I wanted to let you know that we leave in an hour. And heads up, Taylor is over she said she wanted to "help Belly pack" or whatever" Laurel told Beau. He groaned, Taylor flirts with him every chance she gets despite knowing his sexuality, making Beau uncomfortable, lucky he has his own bathroom so he wouldn't have to walk by Belly's room to take a shower.

"I know sweetie, that's why I am telling you and Steven, which reminds me I have to go wake him up." His mom gave him a hug and kiss on the top of his head. "Get ready and we can leave faster." Giving his mother a quick squeeze before letting go, he got up and walked over to his bathroom. "Alright mama, I love you" He smiled and closed his door, getting ready to take his shower. Laurel walked out of his room, closing the door, and went to wake up Beau's twin.

About 30 minutes later, Beau got out of his shower, his bleached hair dripping with water as he put his clothes on and brushed his teeth. Finally he dried his hair, and stepped out of his bathroom, this was about the same time his baby duck, Mr. Quakers, woke up hungry for his food."Morning Mr. Quakers, ready for breakfast?" Beau asked his companion, getting a quick in return.

Beau set up his food and set him down so he could eat, then he went over to prepare Mr. Quaker's things for the trip to the beach. 10 minutes later Mr. Quakers finished eating and he had hopped onto Beaus' shoulder. "Now Mr. Quakers. You must be quiet so that I can get past Taylor and Belly, promise me Mr. Quakers." Beau told his pet duck who stared at him. Then he quacked.

"Good. Now let's go!" He grabbed his suitcase and Mr. Quakers stuff before he silently opened his door and quietly walked past Belly's room. While he was walking past the room he heard Taylor talking about him making him shiver in uncomfortability. When Mr.Quakers and him made it to the end of the hallway he let go of a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

Carefully he made his way downstairs and into the kitchen, placing his stuff down next to the couch while he walked past it. "Hey mama, I got everything ready for me and Mr. Quakers, if you need me to do anything let me know." He said as he placed a kiss on her cheek and grabbed a poptart. Laurel smiled at her son. "After you're done eating can you start putting stuff in the car, please?" She asked him for a nod in return.

After he had finished eating he was putting stuff into the car when he saw his twin walk out the door, "Morning Steven!" He called out as Mr.Quakers sat down in the front passenger seat. Steven walked over "Morning Beau." He yawned as he placed his stuff in the trunk of the car. "Is that everything?" He asked his younger twin. "Everything but Belly's stuff, I'm not gonna go get it, I'll just wait for her." He responded

"Yeah I don't blame you," Steven said with a shudder "I heard Taylor earlier." As soon as Beau was going to respond they heard their mother call out to Belly that we had less than 10 minutes left and to hurry up. Beau took that as his signal to get in the car. He got in the car and put Mr. Quakers in his travel cage.

A while into the drive 'Can't Do Better' by Kim Petras had come on and Belly was belting the song, successfully giving Beau a headache as he was trying to read. "Uh, can you guys turn it down a little, please?" Laurel asked and Beau sighed in relief reaching to turn the radio down. "Yes, please."

Both Steven and Beau looked at their mother in the mirror, Steven more so glance as he was driving. "Thank you. I want you to be better about helping out this summer." She told her kids, mainly seaking to Steven and Belly. "Like, don't just leave your dishes in the sink. Load them into the dishwasher. And not just your own dish, either, Steven." She looked at her eldest son pointedly.

Steven looked at her offended "I want you to be good houseguests." Their mother said, looking out the window. "Mom, Susannah has people who clean, doesn't she?" Steven genuinely asked, Beau shook his head "I...don't think that's the point." Laurel smacked that back of Steven's head as she said his name. "OW! Alright Alright! Sorry."

"Just be considerate and act like I raised you right. Steven, that means don't stay out too late." Laurel shook her head "Mom, I'm too old for a curfew! And what about Beau?" Steven protested, Beau gasped in fake offense while Belly looked up, "I cant believe I've been forgotten, and by my own mother! The pain!" Beau dramatically clutched his chest.

Laurel and Steven smiled at him before Steven cheered at him. "Whoo!" Beau faked a bow. "Thank you ! Thank you!" Laurel shook her head fondly before responding to Steven "Beau's almost always home before 11:00 pm so don't really have to worry about him."

"Wait, what about me? I don't have a curfew either, right?" Belly spoke up looking at her mother and Steven laughed "What do you need a curfew for? You don't go anywhere." Belly scoffed and rolled her eyes as Laurel sighed "Don't be a jackass, Steven." Steven chuckled "What?"

Laurel shook her head and directed her body towards Belly. "Belly, we'll talk about it when something comes up." SHe told her daughter, who scoffed and looked at Steven. "Oh, and don't forget, you promised you'd take me driving." Steven looked at her confused "What? No I didn't."

Laurel looked at her daughter "Belly, I told you I'd take you." Belly side eyed her "Yeah but you're too judgy" Beau scoffed "No she isn't" He mumbled loud enough for Laurel to hear, which she smiled at him gratefully. Soon Steven pulled up to a gas station so they could get their snacks, Mr. Quakers could go to the bathroom, and Steven could refill on gas.

Beau made sure Mr. Quaker's was set before he walked into the gas station to get two bags of hot cheetos, a zero sugar pepsi, and a Dr.Pepper for Steven. He walked up to the counter to see Laurel talking to Belly about something. "Here." Beau put his stuff on the counter and paid for his stuff. "Ready to go mama?" Beau asked his mother after he nodded a thank you to the cashier.

"Yep, let's go Belly." Laurel said and walked out the store.And they all got in the car. Beau handed Steven one bag of cheetos and his Dr. Pepper as Belly took her hair down and put on chapstick that made her lips brighter. "Here Stevie" Steven smiled at his brother, "Oh my goddd, thank you Beau!" He gratefully took his items before driving off again.

Beau put his stuff in his bag and dozed off, waiting until they finally made it to his safe haven, where a certain blonde boy was waiting.

-----------------
Hey author here! So how are we feeling about the first chapter?? If you have any suggestions or requests let me know!! Don't be a ghost reader!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 571 18
"๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐จ ๐ข ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ฒ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐ข ๐ฐ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ž ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž" ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–œ๐–๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–... fake dating her ex best frie...
4.9K 123 13
*๊œฐษชส€๊œฑแด› ษชษด๊œฑแด›แด€สŸสŸแดแด‡ษดแด› แด๊œฐ แด›สœแด‡ 'ส™แดœส™ส™สŸแด‡ ษขแดœแด' ๊œฑแด‡ส€ษชแด‡๊œฑ* ๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ๐“†ž ๐“† ๐“†Ÿ ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ ษดแด€สŸแด€ ๊œฑแด€สสแดส€แด€, แดŠแด‡ส€แด‡แดษชแด€สœ'๊œฑ แด„แดสŸสŸแด‡ษขแด‡ ส™แด‡๊œฑแด› ๊œฐส€ษชแด‡ษดแด…, ๊œฐษชษดแด…๊œฑ สœแด‡ส€๊œฑแด‡สŸ๊œฐ ๊œฐแด€สŸสŸษชษดษข ๊œฐแดส€ สœษชแด...
170K 6.6K 18
Never knew my life would be more worse after my mom's marriage . Though I thought my new life would be different from my old one . No bullying , no i...
119K 1K 28
Karysn Conklin looks forward to summer because of one thing, and one thing only... going to cousins to spend her summer with the fishers! The Fishers...