Twins of Empire

By _AGHarper

Remember that story, Twins of Empire? Shes back! Meet, Mariah, a.k.a., Mercedes Lyon ⁣ The twin of Hakeem Ly... More

NOTE
COVER & CAST
Empire
Legend Carter
The Lioness Returns
Investor Brunch & Comfort Home
Healing Old Wounds
The Unthinkable Moment
Let The War Begin
The Outspoken King
Kid Fo-Fo
Death Washing Up
Prince vs Princess
No Apologies
Dont Walk Away From Me
Where Is Your Sister?
Whats Getting Into Her?
Family Dinner
False Imposition
A Favor For Titan
Buy A Heart
Promises
Thuggin Days
Dangerous Bonds
Mariah & Mercedes
Hidden Pain
Tears of a Lyon
Engagements & Twin Loyalty
The Carters Prayer
A Mothers Heart & Fathers Eyes
Who Are You Running From?
Our Dancing Days
A Lyons Secret
The Lyon's Roar
The Oath of a Lyon
Your Crossing a Line
The White Party & Its Demons

Bonds Over Anything

1.3K 84 34
By _AGHarper

Episode 7- Our Dancing Days

"Used to be thug say what?"

Mercedes stood in front of Lucious at the club with her arms folded and a look to him like he had lost his mind.

"First off, I'm still a thug."

"Oh that's a nice thing to say about yourself."

"Second, I don't care what's going on between us—watch who you rolling your eyes at. I'm still your damn father."

"Is that what you want to believe?"

"I'm not asking you to do this for me."

"It would never be done."

"Say something else, smart."

Mercedes closed her mouth and didn't speak.

"I ain't your little boyfriend, better talk to me with some sense."

"I could say so much to that."

"Well say nothing."

Mercedes held up her hands with a chuckle.

"Look, Jamal ain't handling this good with being a father." Mercedes opens her mouth, Lucious points. "Keep that smart ass comment about Olivia and this situation to yourself." A close of her mouth as she looked off. "Listen, Becky has some work to do for me. I want Lola to at least be with somebody in the family."

"What's wrong with you daddy day care?"

"I'm busy trying to make sure this party go somewhere tonight. Can you understand that? I'm not asking you to do a favor for Hakeem."

"Which would have received a curse word and then a no."

"Well it ain't for him, and you need to end all this with your brother."

"Give me one good reason."

"Want a reason?" Lucious asks her. "If anything happen to that boy, today or tomorrow, you'll be the first on that damn ground screaming and crying." He saw her brief glance. "Oh no smart ass comment this time? We silent. First time forever, Cook not going to believe this."

"Whatever." Mercedes rolls her eyes. "I'm only doing this because of Jamal."

"Thank you." Lucious nods. "I appreciate it."

"Mhm." Mercedes goes to leave. "I don't know why you couldn't get your soon to be wife to play mother dearest."

"That is because I trust you with this."

Mercedes stops at his shoulder. "More than Anika?"

"When it comes to our family? Yes. Believe it or not I trust you and your momma more than anybody."

"Fine. I'll go and get her."

Lucious smiled. "Thank you." He went to touch her shoulder.

"I'm doing it for Jamal," Mercedes moved her shoulder from his touch with a slight slap of his hand to the side. "Man don't touch me."

Lucious chuckles as she walked off. "Thank you baby girl."

"If you wasn't my father I'd tell you to go somewhere."

"You and your mother need anger management."

"Whatever dad."

Lucious looked at the photos on the media screen of the family and saw the photo of him and Mercedes with her first album that went platinum.

The first person she hugged off stage was him and he was the only person she wanted around him when working on it. That little girl continued to grow and nothing scared him more than her being out there.

But now he had to see if she could sink or swim on her own, just like she wanted. The world wasn't going to be kind to her and he had to prepare her for it before the world itself did.

Back at Empire....

"You can't color that one pink." Lola points.

"Why not?" Becky double takes.

"Blue is better."

"I like pink though."

"Mmm." Lola head tilts.

Mercedes walked in with her coat on.

"Hey, Becky."

"About time. Where you been?"

"Trying not to kill my family." Mercedes comes over. A look to the little girl who stares up at her curious. This caught her eye and made Mercedes smile. "Want to come with me?"

"Your my auntie?"

"Mhm." Becky hums. "Rude auntie."

"Shut up." Mercedes snaps a quick glare to Becky before smiling at Lola. "Yes I am your auntie. You know my name?"

"Mhm."

"What is it?"

"Aunt, Mercedes."

"Yes, but you can call me aunt Mariah or Riah."

"Uh-uh, you made me wait how many months before I got to call you Mariah?"

"I didn't like you then."

"See, see." Becky points. "You rude."

"I'm honest." Mercedes nods to the little girl. "Come on baby girl, let's go,"

Lola jumps down and got her coat.

Mercedes looks at the drawing. "Mmm, who made that pink? I don't like it."

"Told you." Lola says to Becky.

"You and your auntie got the same attitude." Becky smiles, Mercedes side eyed her with a smirk. "Pretty and mean."

Mercedes stooped down when Lola came over to her.

"You ready?"

"Not really."

Mercedes brows pull. "Why not?"

"Is my mommy really gone?"

Becky smile falls as she looks to Mercedes who shared a brief sad glance to her.

"Yeah, she is." Giving the best smile she could, she nods her head. "But she will be back."

"When?"

"I don't know when, Lola." Mercedes was honest—a head shake from Becky but she ignored it. "Your mother left for a bit so she could figure out some things. Once they are figured out, I'm pretty sure she is coming right back for you."

"How do you know?" Lola holds her stuffed animal close.

Mercedes ignored her own past for a moment. "I know because your mother is almost like mine, and they would never leave their child unless they had to. So when? I don't know, but until she does you got us. Okay?" Lola nods. "Nothing is going to happen to you. Especially not when you're with me, and if you give your daddy some time he will be the same way."

"Does he like me?"

"He will." Mercedes fixed the little girls hair, she smiles at Lola. "It's just new to him, so give him a little grace okay."

"Okay."

"Let's go beautiful."

Lola smiles when she picked her up.

Mercedes takes the suitcase. "Becky I got a performance during the red carpet and a show. So relieve me after a while please."

"I got you!"

Lola held onto her aunt. "Where are we going?"

"Going to see the club and meet some friends of mine. That cool with you?"

"Are they like Becky?"

"Child no." Mercedes scoffs.

Lola smiles making Mercedes share her own with a slight laugh.

Later that night....

Lucious sat at his desk. "What do you mean the chef bailed?" He questioned the other person on the phone.
"Then call Gordon Ramsay. I've been talking to him
about taking over the kitchen at Laviticus anyway."

Jamal walked in after waving to Becky.

"Yeah, get it done." Lucious hangs up and walks over to his son. "You know, your sister has been taking care of your daughter. You might want to thank her for that."

"What makes you so sure she's my daughter?"

"You were married to her mother."

"Our marriage was a sham. You know that."

"Quit being so dramatic." Lucious waves it off. "I did it to try and protect you." Jamal sighs. "You-you had a promising career, and it's the same thing you did
the other day on the radio. It's the smart thing to do, Jamal. I mean, you got a hot new single. A lot at stake and I respect you for that decision."

"Michael left."

"Yeah, I heard." Lucious nods with a careless shrug. "Sorry."

Jamal lets out a scoff. "Please." He sat down.

"Okay..." Lucious lets out a slight laugh. "I'm not sorry he's gone." He had a seat next to him. "I am sorry that you're not happy. Eventually, you're gonna meet somebody who really understands what it's like to be with an artist."

"This the same speech you gave Mariah?"

"Your sister walking a whole different road." Lucious waves it off. "I don't know what I'm gonna do with her."

"Thug raised a little hustler."

"Yeah and I see that damn hustler attracted to thugs like her mother." Lucious rubs his chin. "Even when I tried to keep her from it." Jamal laughs. "What?"

"How you mad that she went after the main guy who somewhat reminded her of you? Cause last time I remember, we weren't always rich. Girls who have their dad around usually go after the example they were given."

"So you on your sister side?"

"No, I'm saying it ain't all on her for her picks in men." Jamal points out. "That thug you keep mentioning is on his way to owning a billion dollar business project."

"How do you know that?"

"You think my sister around some guy and I don't know who he is?" Jamal asks. "Also it's not because I snoop like you, I actually talk to Riah and ask her things. Which as her father you should try doing. Maybe she won't be so damn angry at you."

Lucious thinks about it as he holds his hands together. A nod of his head as he looks down.

"I bring up that man and she will jump down my throat."

"Like Cookie with you?"

Lucious eyes him for that and breaks to chuckle. "Alright."

"You ain't the only successful hood boy, maybe you should try meeting him again." Jamal shrugs. "Get off on a better foot because I'm telling you from what I seen, she not letting him go. And you messing around with that will have her never speaking to you again or walking around with hate. Don't make her like that."

"I won't." Lucious promised. "I will work on things with your sister, if you can face this situation."

"It's hard."

"I know." Lucious says. "Jamal, do you think there's a possibility that this little girl might really be your daughter?"

"Yeah." He nods.

"Vernon's got people combing the street,
trying to find her mother." Lucious tells him. "In the interim, Anika and I can take her home. Mercedes took a liking to her too so she has another woman around her. Then we got Juanita over there. She'll get a kick out of looking after her." He saw his son worried look and rests a hand on his back. "You're not on your own here."

"Thank you,"

"It's what we do, Mal." Lucious lets his hand drop. "I don't care what we got, family comes first. You know that. Now get on down there at the club with your sister and your daughter. Got to get ready for the night."

"Will do."

Later that night at the Showcase....

Living back in the memories as 'Live In The Moment' played from the band and speakers behind them.
Wearing their coats, Hakeem, Jamal, and Mercedes performed for everyone arriving for the big showcase.

"Empire state of mind." Hakeem says into his mic.

Jamal looks back at his brother and sister with a smile as he sings. "La-da, da-da..."

"Let's go!"

Mercedes lets out, she hops down the rest of the way with Hakeem letting Jamal come through

Things are lookin' up. I'm ready for the night.

I feel good, real good.

Can't nobody hold me down.

Jamal sings

Gonna take advantage of, all these flashing lights.

Mercedes poses with Hakeem under the flashing lights that went off at the right moment. The two of them peep it and laugh as they back up Jamal and dance.

Cause it's the best time, the best time for it...

Mercedes hugs Jamal from behind.

"We can do it. " Jamal and Mercedes sing. "All right now."

"Can't nobody." Jamal sings.

"Tie me down." Mercedes finishes.

"If you want it I got it, tomorrow's not promised." Jamal points at her when she lets him go.

"So live inside the, mo-oh-oh-oh- ment,"

A few of the people pointing up to the three together

"Tell me, what are we waiting for? What the hell are waiting for?"

The paparazzi and reporters swimming down below along with their fans who watched the siblings together.

"I wanna live inside the, moment. Moment, moment."

"I wanna live inside the moment." Jamal sings as he takes over. "I wanna live inside the moment."

"Yo, Mal and Cede." Hakeem starts rapping.

'When I was five years old I realized there was a road at the end.

Pretty girls, cars, and bank rolls. Gold and platinum plaques, a couple million sold.

'Fans screaming they love me, selling out my shows.

Vernon watched with Anika as they performed.

"Would never think they were at each others throats." Anika says.

Vernon smirks. "They know when it come to performing to get the job done."

Me and my twin, put in hard work, if you don't give your all then it won't work.

We been waitin' on this day since Luscious gave us birth. Gotta believe in yourself and gotta know your worth.

Hakeem puts his arm around his sister who nods. "Me and my twin did it clean as a whistle, stayed away from dirt."

Mercedes dust off his shoulder a bit.

"Ah," Hakeem rapped a little lower.

I told you I'ma get it. Everybody they talkin, I dreamt about how I'm living.

Reality was written, I put effort in my vision..

Mercedes and Jamal start to get hyped with him.

'That's why I hustle so hard to be the best that ever did it!'

Three black suburbans pulled up to the club, cameras already flashing.

Stepping out once the driver opened the door, Kirk was first followed by Marquis and Legend being last.

He never had a reason to wear a button down shirt and dress pants but for the one night he decided to. All black with a few buttons undone and about to match with a large watch on his wrist.

"Nice to see you could make it Mr. Carter!" One of the men came over to greet him.

Legend eyes stay fixated on Mercedes up top performing with her brothers. Seeing that she spotted him for a second she had sent him a small wave that he caught. A knowing smile back to her as she went back the performance. Finally taking his eyes from her, they go back to the man who greeted them.

"I wouldn't miss it, thanks for having me." Legend shook his hands. "Has Sean Prayer arrived yet?

"Of course and oh yes he is inside!" They shook hands.

"Preciate you, Marvin." Legend pats his arm.

Walking ahead with his cousin and friend by his side—his security not too far behind.

Elle got out of the limo to a warm reception from so many people.

Vernon met her and helped her through, he stops to a board member.

"Marvin Menchel, Elle Dallas." Vernon introduced.

"Hi." He nervously shakes her hand. "It's, uh... Marvin Menchel! It's, uh... it-it's an honor."

"Oh, you sexy beast!" Elle kissed his cheek with a laugh. "Mwah!"

A hug to him as she continued making her rounds.

"Elle, you look amazing." Anika stops her, giving her a slight hug.

"Anika, you look beautiful."

Elle went to the steps.

Vernon nods to the security. "Take her upstairs, please."

"How's she doing?" Anika asked him.

"She's doing fine, I guess." Vernon looks around at the arrivals coming in. "Says she wants to go to an N.A. meeting with me, so..." He heads up the stairs.

"Good." Anika turns around. "We'll see about that."

Inside the club, later....

Mercedes talked on the phone making her way through people.

A black wide pants set with a strap over half fitted black top and pair of red bottom heels to match. Her hair pressed and in feathered layered curls; parted in the center.

"Thanks for watching her Destiny. Tell Porsha she can bring her out to me, I'm by the stage."

"Ms. Lyon?"

Mercedes hangs up the phone and was a bit surprised when she turned around to see Storm standing in front of her. She knew he would be there but not that he would find her so quick among all these people.

"Figured it was you." He says.

Mercedes puts away her phone in her clutch. "Now I never thought the good old Bishops son would be here. Nice to see you again, brother Sean."

A smirk from him. "Little cousin told you my name I see."

"Mhm." Mercedes head tilts. "So I'll be the first to ask. Why are you here?"

"I'm taking my investments different places. Thought I see what is so great about Empire that it has the streets talking."

"You sure?"

"Unless you have another reason." Storm shrugs.

Mercedes eyed him in his navy suit and didn't like something about him. He was smooth, clean, and not at all bad looking but to her it was like seeing Satan himself in a mask and suit. She seen that same Satan who called her his daughter so she knew it from a distance.

"I do actually."

Storm sips his drink. "Humor me. What's your reason?"

"Trust me. Not a lot of hard work went into thinking about it, especially after what I was told about you." Mercedes smiles but no kindness sat behind it. "You came here because you knew that Legend would see your name. Which would draw him out here so you could talk to him." Storm eyes her in silence, she raised a brow with now a genuine smile. "You humored yet?"

Storm stared until it breaks into a slight chuckle. "Okay, okay, not bad at all. I did hope to run into him."

"Hope is a crazy word to use."

Storm only smirked in return.

"I didn't come to cause any problems. Trust me."

"I don't."

"Smart girl." Storm nods. "You trust my cousin?"

"I do."

"How much?"

"Very much."

"That's cute."

"Look if there is nothing you would like to share, then I suggest you take that glass and walk that way." Mercedes points.

"Getting dismissed by the princess." A hurt hand over his chest. "My mom said you looked like you had fire in you."

"Who the hell is your mother?"

"Eve Prayer."

"Ah, hell." Mercedes rolls her eyes. "How did I forget that?"

"We look alike or something?"

"Yeah, yeah you do. Both got snake ass looks about you." Mercedes nods.

Storm bit on his laugh. "At least when I strike you see it coming, takes the joy away when you don't."

"Is that why you are here to see Legend?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head about that. Wouldn't want you to break a nail or something."

"I'll break it when I slap your ass." Mercedes says to a look for him. "Don't you ever tell me what to worry about when you mention him in front of me." Storm watched her take a step to him. "I got class so I'm not going to put your ass out of here and make a scene. Your mother was strike one, you strike two, strike three and both your asses will be out. Don't try me."

Storm looks down at her and soon nods. "At least I see why he likes you. Here I thought he got himself a little rich girl."

"A rich girl born from a hustler and a thug himself, so watch yourself." Mercedes warns him with a glare. "I can turn that 'sweet rich girl'off real quick."

"I'll be on my best behavior."

Mercedes took a step back when Lola ran over.

"Hey," That look from her changing instantly as she picked her up.

"I saw your performance."

"Really? What you think?" Mercedes asks her. "Your aunt got a voice?"

"Destiny said your pipes were low on one verse."

"I'm gonna beat her ass." Mercedes mumbles, she smiles it off. "Still glad you liked it."

Lola sees Storm. "Who's this?"

Mercedes lowers her hand. "Ain't nothing there important, come on."

Storm watched as Mercedes walked by and sent him a glare before taking Lola with her. He watched her over his shoulder before leaving into the crowd.

Becky walks with Lucious and their group to meet people. "Okay, Echo Partners invests in technology companies. They funded the Listen Up music sharing app." Lucious shakes their hands. "Right over here.
Young brother."

"A pleasure."

"Thank you so much for being here."

"This woman is a reporter for The Wall Street Journal."

Lucious greets her as they make their way through.

Becky sees him looking unwell.

"Hey, do you need a break?"

"No, no. I'm fine." Lucious says.

Becky was hesitant but had them continuing on.

Lucious looks up when he seen Legend talking to a few investors that he knew well close to the second bar.

"Oh that is-" Becky stops when she sees who it is.. "Uh, we don't have to got to him yet."

"No, no I do." Lucious walked over. "Fellas. Thank you so much for coming." A hand shakes to all of them. "If you don't mind I'd like to talk to this young brother here."

"Have at it." One throws his hand up, he gives a nod and handshake to Legend. "I'll see you at the opening for LEGENDARY."

"See yall then."

Lucious smiled watching the men leave, his look goes back to Legend.

"Got big investors like him interested in you?"

"You really think you are the only one from the streets to make it."

"I didn't say that at all."

"I didn't say you did, I said you think it." Legend corrects him to the slight waiver of Lucious smile. Suit jacket off—Legend sleeves now rolled up to expose those tattoos. He sat his cup down and leaned his arms on the table . "Mariah is not here so we don't have to do this fake smiling and back handed compliments."

"I'm just trying to figure you out."

"Not your job."

"Let me make something clear to you." Lucious tells a calm staring Legend. "The minute you took it upon yourself to take an interest in that girl." He points over his shoulder to a portrait up of Mercedes next to her brothers. "Figuring you out will be my job until I make sure you are not a threat to her in anyway."

"I'm looking at the threat to be honest with you."

"You think so huh?"

"I didn't think it, I said it."

Lucious chuckles a bit. "Man, you really are something. But I truly stand on what I said. You are with my child at the end of the day and you will always be watched."

"Like you watched and found yourself a snitch to put me behind bars for a bit?"

Lucious smirks. "Sounds like you slipped up and somebody caught you and decided to point a finger. Never have I personally snitched on a soul, never will."

That smile of Legend came and the chuckle followed but neither were in humor.

A hang of his head as he lifts it to stare back at Lucious.

"That was a good one." He admits. "You know what's an even bigger blow. All it takes is that one slip and I wonder how much would she like you after that?" Lucious glares at him. "Now I will keep it to myself because I see no need in furthering the cracks I already hear from her. See you like to have power and you throw it around when you want to get even. The smartest thing I learned is to only throw it around when I really need to. I checked my emotion at the door. You should try it."

"You playing a real dangerous game with me that I don't think you want to do." Lucious smile was completely gone as he glared at him. "Keep it up and I'll make sure she cry over your damn casket next and not a prison cell."

Legend chuckles in his face, he shakes his head. "I really get under that skin of yours don't I."

"Not a damn person does that."

"That's a lie." Legend nods. "If it wasn't then you wouldn't have felt the need to talk to me or make that threat."

"It is a promise."

"Oh I would one day love to see that." Legend smile was amused. "I really don't know who you think I am but I'm not dumb, or new to this game. I know you would pull the trigger on me if you had a chance and I damn sure would do the same for you. However I care about your daughter to the point I would never cause her that kind of pain. See because I know that no matter all those tears you cause, a little girl inside of her still looks for you. I had a father leave and I'd never do that to somebody I care about."

"But you would if you could."

"Without hesitation." Legend tells him. "I got the best deal for you and it is the only one I'm giving. You stay out of my way, and I will stay out of yours. That is the only way I can cope and it seems it will be the only way you can. For her sake I will tolerate you."

Lucious thinks it over before soon nodding. "Making a deal with a devil?"

"That's funny."

"What makes it funny?"

"Cause which one of us is really the devil." Legend says.

Lucious smirks as he couldn't give credit from the man's back bone for not backing down against him once. Not even when he threatened his life and while he meant it, Legend didn't budge or even look the slightest bit afraid.

"I guess we will find out." Lucious holds out his hand. "A truce then. For now."

Legend smirked at his hand and takes a sip of his drink. "I'll shake your hand when I know I can believe the man behind it."

"Okay." Lucious respects it.

"I will say this." Legend stopped him from leaving. "I will not be the one to sit around and watch you damage her either. You got one time to prove me right about you and see her broken over something you did, and I will make it very clear who my loyalty is with."

"I guess we agree on one thing then."

"Guess so." Legend takes his drink with him. "You war with her at any point, I'll go right to war with you to." Both of them shoulder to shoulder as they share a side look. "But if she is going to war for you, I got her. Don't ever worry about that, just worry when we ain't on your side."

Lucious glares back at Legend who gives him the same before smiling and leaving with his drink.

"Enjoy your night, Mr. Lyon." Legend nods to Becky and shakes her hand. "Nice seeing you again."

"You too!" Becky grins. "Are you going to become an investor?"

"Oh of course." Legend and his amusement looks back at Lucious who glared over his shoulders. "I can't wait to invest, just know I don't mind taking it all away. Any time I want."

"How much are you trying to drop over there?" Becky asks.

"I'm sure mine will be the biggest."

"Now how do you know that?"

"He can ask Mercedes that question himself." Legend leaves.

Lucious turned all the way around on that comment.

Becky comes over. "Sir,"

"Smug ass bastard." Lucious mumbled.

"Sir we have more to get to."

"Come on." Lucious lets her lead the way but still shot a glare back in the direction of Legend who smiled and raised his glass across the room.

Cookie came over to Mercedes.

"Hey, you got to get back there. Porsha will take her until Becky is done."

"I'm good with kids." Porsha came to grab her.

Mercedes brow raised. "Porsha you are a kid."

"Girl give her here!" Porsha takes her. "I got this."

"You sure that's a good idea?" Mercedes points to Porsha leaving.

"It's gonna have to be because I need you to focus and get ready for tonight." Cookie puts her hands on her shoulders. "Okay? This a big thing for everybody Mariah, and I really need you and Elle tonight."

"I got you, you know I do."

"Thank you." Cookie smiles.

"Is Elle excited?" Mercedes asks, her smile coming back. "Destiny recorded her rehearsal for me, she sounds so amazing."

"Oh you are going to love it." Cookie says excited. "Elle really came through for me. Her music just got me through so much and getting her this far just gives me hope to you know."

Mercedes nods. "I'm proud of you, ma."

"My baby girl." Cookie hugs her to Mercedes giggle. "I'm proud of you to for helping me do this with your brothers."

"I'm going go on back." Mercedes pulls back. "I have to find Mal to."

"Okay, I'll be back there to check on yall later!"

Mercedes walks pass the bar but slows down when she seen the familiar face.

"Camilla."

The slender woman with a model figure turned around from her drink. A not so kind smile to Mercedes but she forced it anyway.

"Mariah-"

"Mercedes."

"My apologies, Mercedes Lyon." Camilla corrected. "I thought I might run into you at some point."

"Which is why you did your best to avoid me." Mercedes nodded.

"You are no one for me to avoid sweetheart."

"You say that but I bet if I tell you take a step back you created a dent in the floor from your heels with how long your ass been standing here." Mercedes leans on the bar. "I know you being here isn't a coincidence."

"I'm supporting your brother, something his twin sister should pick up."

"Camila," Mercedes scratched her nose. "You speak on whatever brings you joy, don't matter none to me. But you speak on what I need to do for my brother and I'll throw that drink your face right before I lay your ass out."

"Oh that's real classy."

"I don't give a damn about class, bitch watch yourself." Mercedes glares at her.

"Seems I hit a nerve." Camilla says. "Like I told you, I'm here to support him."

"Mmm." Mercedes hummed. "You know I was wondering why Hakeem was acting this way. Now it makes sense." She threw up her hand. "He had you bending down to his level all in his ear."

"Don't blame your sibling issues on me, they existed before me."

"No, they start because of you." Mercedes rephrased. "I don't know what you find cute about being with Hakeem but he ain't your little young boy experiment. The only time he gets like this is when you come around."

"I help him see his image and full potential." Camilla leans on the bar. "I'll be managing him and making sure his career never sits backseat to you or your brother."

"Oh you got managing skills?" Mercedes finally smiled but found herself letting out a laugh. "My brother is under Lucious Lyon and you think he is going to let you have a say. Sad to point out but Hakeem barely has one."

"Which is where I come in."

"If my father finds out about you, I'll put the timer on before he sends you packing." Mercedes nods. "The only reason I never told him about you is because of Hakeem's feelings. Then he promised he was done with you but now you stand in my face."

"And did you miss me?"

"Under a car tire, maybe." Mercedes shrugs. "You about to make your own bed with this when my mother finds out who you are. I just can't wait to see it."

"I'm not letting go of your brother for anyone."

"Cute you think you got that choice." Mercedes nodded slow, a slight smile. "I told you a long time ago when I first ran into you that I don't care about much but if you hurt Hakeem, I will be the one knocking on your door. And Camilla I promise it won't be a conversation like this."

"You do not scare me, little girl."

"Never want to scare the elderly, I just like to give them a warning. And this is my last one to you ever."

"I'll drink some poison before I let a girl like you kill me."

Mercedes smirks. "And you know what, I'll always keep that in mind. Just in case that day ever presents herself."

"Hope you're still relevant enough to see it."

Camila goes to grab her drink but Mercedes simply pushed it behind the bar letting it crash.

An eye to Camilla as she left.

A scoff from Camilla who looked over the bar at the broken glass. "That is so childish." She looks to the bartender. "Can I have another please? I'm so sorry."

Camilla glared back in the direction Mercedes went.

Andre walked with Hakeem.

"You're not drinking?"

Hakeem stopped with him when he spotted Camilla at the bar.

"Nah, I ain't drinking tonight." He seen her leaned over the bar.

Andre was stopped from his drink when Hakeem took it and drowned what was inside. This made his older brother blink as he watched him. Hakeem went to put it back in his hand but Andre puts his hands in his pockets.

"You can keep it."

Hakeem pats his backs "I'm gonna holla at you later, B."

Andre nods. "Yup."

Lucious spots Camilla in his walk with Becky.

"Who is that Liberian girl over there?"

"Uh, Camilla Marks. Brittanica Holdings under the UK." Becky reads off her tablet. "Mercedes actually modeled a line for her brand during a Fashion Show. The one you sent Hakeem with her to watch her."

"I remember."

"She mainly invests in...advertising and marketing firms."

Lucious approached her. "Pleasure to have you here, Ms. Marks."

Camila shakes his hand. "Thank you." A look to his eyes and all she could see is his daughter that just left.

"Hope you're enjoying what you're seeing today."

"I expect I will." Camilla nodded. LI'm extremely interested  in Empire's exciting young talent roster."

"Do tell."

"Well, my people tell me  your son Hakeem is very talented  and is destined for superstardom."

Lucious chuckles. "I hope so."

"And I can see why he's so talented."

"You're gonna make me blush." He says as the two share a laugh. "I have to go. I hope to see you again.
Have a good night."

"You as well." Camilla says her goodbye.

Cookie walked in the bathroom as the show was starting soon and she had been looking for her number one act.

Elle sat on the cushion center slurring her words.

"I've been looking for you everywhere."

"I'm right here, man." Elle says.

"Are you okay?" Cookie asks. "Oh, no, no, no. No cigarettes. We need our voice. We need our voice.
I'll be with you..." She helps her up. "Come on, we're ready, we're ready to start."

Elle bumps her leg and slits her words again getting a confused look from Cookie.

"What?" Cookie looks at her face. "Are you high?"

"I feel weird, but I didn't take anything, Cookie, I'm fine." Elle tried to say.

Cookie felt her last straw break as she couldn't believe her night was blowing up like this.

"I'm just a little woozy."

"I vouched for you." Cookie points.

"I'm a little woozy...."

"To Lucious, damn it!" Cookie argued. "I got to go tell him that you cannot perform like this!" She throws up her hand. "Wasted my damn time!"

"I can sing... Cookie, I can sing your damn song!"

"Shut up talking!" Cookie shouts. "We got to start the show without you!"

Elle fell back on the floor trying to say she could go on.

Cookie seen Marquis.

"Quis," A wave of him over to her. "I need you take Elle and get her a cab out the back. Can you do that for me?"

"Yeah I got you Ms. Cookie." Marquis says. "But ain't she up first?"

"Not no more, just get her out of here quietly."

"I got you." Marquis nodded two of Legend guys with him and a security guard to go to the back.

In the back....

Anika was prepping Lucious.

"You are going to..."

A squawk sound came from Hakeem who had his headphones in.

Mercedes rolled her eyes and fixed her makeup for the night.

A sleeveless white fitted romper, she wore that with a pair of white heels with white fur knee highs to match. White gloves on her wrists and French tips to match as her hair was parted to the side and white designed makeup to go along with it. The white fabric was tucked in her rompers back pocket to hang by her side

Hakeem jumps. "Coo-coo!"

The movement close to her made Mercedes mess up her lash curling.

"Boy!" Mercedes points. "Get your brother, get him before I kill him."

"Rude ass." Jamal slaps his feet down and snatches his head phones out.

"Yo, man, quit playing." Hakeem stands up.

"Sit your ass down and stop being inconsiderate." Jamal warns him. "Weirdo."

Mercedes used mascara but slowly stops to cut her eye when she saw Hakeem move his hand to take her spray.

"No, no, absolutely not." Mercedes drops her mascara brush. "Put it down."

Hakeem kept her back. "Yo, chill. Yours hold better."

"I don't care about you and your brillo-pad ass head. Give it back."

"You call your nest done? Cause I know you lying."

"You bird ass-" Mercedes whacks him in his arms

"Yo, stop hitting somebody." Hakeem snapped.

Jamal got in the middle of it between them before him and Hakeem started fussing as he held Mercedes back.

"Lucious..." Cookie rushed in getting their attention. "Look, I'm sorry, man. I-I shouldn't have trusted a junkie to stay clean."

"What happened?" Lucious seen the disappointment in her and it hurt him for a brief moment. Especially knowing how important Elle became for Cookie.

"Elle." Cookie waves it off. "She's high-- she can't go on."

Anika shakes her head. "I knew this was gonna happen."

The arguing of their kids in the back got their attention as they looked at their only savors for the night and it didn't look good.

Mercedes was now in the middle of Hakeem and Jamal.

"And is that my chain?" Hakeem asked his sister. "Give it back."

"You going snatch it?" Mercedes eyes him up and down.

"You already living your best life little ATL."

"I will beat your ass, back up." Mercedes points.

Hakeem smacked her hand away.

"See you childish," Jamal argues.

"Hey, hey." Lucious tried to get their attention.

Cookie rubbed her temples.

"What is she?!" Hakeem retorts. "She just hit her full height."

"Shut your dumb ass up." Mercedes rolls her eyes.

"Hey, hey, come here!" Lucious calls to them making them come over. "I need to talk to y'all now." All three stood in front of him. "You need to get ready; y'all up next. You're in the star spot."

Mercedes brows pulled. "Wait, what about Elle?" A confused look to her mother and she seen her hurt for a brief moment.

"Forget Elle. That's the past." Lucious tells them getting Mercedes attention back. "These investors are here about the future of Empire, that future is my daughter and my son's. Whatever beef y'all got
going on between y'all, y'all gonna stop it." He warns them. "Get out there and make those billionaires open up their checkbooks."

Cookie stepped in when Lucious walked away with his last warning look to them.

"You heard your father. Come on." A snap of her fingers. "Come on, shake hands and hug it out. Tonight ain't about you, Hakeem."

Mercedes stood in between them both and unfolds her arms to hold her hands up with an eye roll.

Jamal and Hakeem give each other a look before both looking at their sister hands.

Andre and Ronda walked inside to see this.

Each brother slapped her hands and did it a few times as their smiles had made her crack her own finally.
Holding her hands her they hugged her in the middle of them making her laugh from inside the buried hug.

"My babies." Cookie smiles.

"Get out there yall." Lucious tells them with a smile.

Letting their sister go all of them head to the stage.

Meanwhile....

Legend waited for the first performance with everyone else.

"Got something for you." Kirk came over.

"What's up?"

"Marquis had to take Elle Dallas out back for Cookie."

"Their opening act?"

"Mhm."

"Why?"

"She high." Kirk says. Legend sighs, shaking his head. "Oh but it get even better." This made his friend look over at him. "One of the security men we had that went with Quis said that he seen Lucious girl put something in her drink when she looked away. He said he couldn't tell for sure but he could have sworn he seen it through the people passing."

"Can you find out for sure for me?"

"Want to tell Mariah?"

"Nah, not while she has to perform in a bit." Legend shakes his head. "Find out for sure for me first. Then I'll tell her tomorrow."

"Got you." Kirk nods for a guy to follow him as they head to the back.

"Now I hope you aren't causing a problem."

Legend looked to his side to see his cousin Storm.

"No more of a problem than you."

Storm smirks. "What you talking about Legend?"

"Why are you here?"

The crowd cheers when Lucious came on stage. Legend noticed how his cousin took his amusement back to the center stage to watch.

"Thank you so much for being here." Lucious tells them. "I hope you've all had a chance to learn a little bit about our company, and I hope you got a chance
to talk to some of the very talented heads  of our many different divisions.  But right now, before I come out here and highlight Empire's financial strengths. I'm gonna ask you to put down your Empire magazine,
you roll up your Empire jeans," the laughter from everybody. "kick back in your Empire footwear,
have another glass of Empire's best champagne,
and listen to a few of the Empire's beautifully badass, gifted musical artists and let them get you where you're supposed to be."

"I know you heard me ask you something." Legend says to him again.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to give it up
to three talented and wickedly gifted young stars,
who just happen to be my two sons and daughter. The future of the Empire..." Lucious motions to the stage. "Hakeem, Jamal, and Mercedes Lyon!"

Storm finally looked at Legend. "He just told you why I'm here..."

Storm is here and now admits the real reason he came to the showcase. What's going to happen when Lucious can't speak and needs one more performance to bring it in.
And what will be the reaction to his own secret.

See you soon!

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO FAV & COMMENT

It helps my story a lot and I love talking to you guys in the comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 105 9
Jasmine Rodriguez knew she was destined for greatness. She had the beauty, the talent and the best family to help her be the best. Plus she knew the...
82.5K 2.9K 69
𝗘𝗠𝗣𝗜𝗥𝗘 | ❝ 𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮, 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙙𝙤𝙢 ❞ 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 With Lucio...
91.6K 2.1K 30
Everyone knows that Lucious Lyon has 3 kids with Cookie Lyon. Hakeem, Jamal, & Andre, but no one in the public eye knows that Christina is actually L...
124K 3.1K 38
In this Cookie and Lucious story you will follow them in there journey to turn back time. The Question is can Cookie and Lucious rewrite their story...