Another Ghost (Hanako x Gende...

By isimp4villains

You (Y/N) are part of the school's seven wonders, but your story is less known. You are a part of the story o... More

Introduction
Yashiro Nene
Fish Girls and Forever Contracts
Jealousy Blossoms
The Fourth Stair
Talk with Yako
Skyway Avenue
Yashiro's Anger
The Confession Tree
The Four O'clock Library
The Red Book
The Pink Boy
Radio Tales
Kissing and Telling
Kou and Mitsuba
Becoming Number 3
Making Memories and Matches
Mitsuba's Memories
Hanako's Revelation
Dates and Donuts
School Dance Dates
School Dance
Spider Lilies
Early Christmas Special!!
Yashiro and Aoi, Lovers or Not?
Guts
Little Things, Big Plans
6 Months
6 Months (Part 2)
Author's Note (helpppp)
Eclipse Lover
Strays
Wandering Storms
Authors Note (thx for 1k)

Eclipse Soul

6 2 0
By isimp4villains

~Your POV~

Deeper into the fall, I awoke one morning to the orange world that nature held for me. The soft sun giving no heat, only a light filtering through the windowpanes and into the dusty bathroom that never seemed to be fully cleaned, despite Yashiro's attempts. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and again stared out the window as the sun flared in my wake.

A draft blew through the room, most likely a more frigid one, but a ghost can't feel much of anything. Hanako appeared behind me, wrapping his arms around me. 

"Good morning, my love," He said.

"Good morning, Hanako." I let go of tension I didn't realize I was holding, relaxing into his embrace. "The world is beautiful today, isn't it?" I gestured out the window.

"Mhm, very orange. Seems fitting for today, I suppose." 

"What do you mean?" I looked at him, his eyes focused on the sky, and the golden sun.

"Today is going to be very special. There's going to be a solar eclipse this afternoon, and a lunar one tonight," He explained.

"Really? That's interesting, I can't wait to see it." I turn to face the sky again, and suddenly the sun seemed even more majestic to me. As if the moon and the sun were in a romantic dance, even though they could never touch. A forbidden romance, maybe, like Romeo and Juliet. I was glad that Hanako and I weren't that way. We could touch, we could dance, and we could love however we want to, and no one can stop us.

I sighed deeply, smiling to myself.

(Can you tell I was listening to a poetry reading while I was writing this? lol)

~Later that day, still your POV~

Sooner than I had expected, the moon was climbing the horizon, slowly making her way in front of the sun, covering his majesty. Hanako and I were sitting on the courtyard lawn, watching their stunning dance across the sky. 

We intertwined our fingers, palms touching the grass, not saying a word. Just staring. Staring as the moon became nothing more than a silhouette, and the sun's corona became like a crown, shining and flaring brightly.

Or maybe they seemed like a dimly lit circus, with a great ring of fire in the center of it all. I wasn't sure. There were certainly beautiful themes within the imagery, and I realized why people of ancient civilizations saw this as an omen, and I wished more heavily than ever that I was a poet, that I could write out those themes and imagery in comprehensible words.

But I wasn't a poet, and I couldn't write it out nearly as well as maybe Shakespeare or Poe could've. So instead I sat and watched as the sun returned to the sky, brightening the fiery orange and red leaves and the world was normal again.  

I was stunned by the beauty of it all, even though it had lasted all of ten minutes. I sat in a thoughtful silence before Hanako turned to look at me.

"So, what did you think?" He smiled.

"That was... beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it." 

(So I wrote this chapter just bc I was thinking of the time a few years ago -i was in 4th grade i think??- when I actually got to see a total solar eclipse and in my brain there was so many ideas and themes I knew I had to write it but I didn't know how. I think I've finally found the words to describe it, so I hope you enjoyed my impromptu poetry about the sun and the moon.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 363 16
They say the school is full of ghosts. I never believed any of the rumors when I was alive but now as a ghost myself I get to see the true harsh real...
11.7K 399 27
READ DESCRIPTION Y/n has a tragic backstory, and one day she had enough. She didn't go home from school and just sat on a bench. She was about to ha...
532 43 22
This is the Hanashiro fanfic (Hanako x Yashiro). It's a love story. And no smut and other inappropriate things. I don't own the manga and the anime...
9K 162 13
"Hey yashiro you sure this will work? I mean what if its just a lie" "Well if everyones talking about then im sure it will" Y/n is a tough girl with...