Radio Tales

~Your POV~

After telling them our plan, Mitsuba, Hanako, Yashiro, and I made our way down to the school's recording studio, where the infamous radio hosts Sakura and Natsuhiko spent most of their mornings.

We slowly opened the door, where Sakura  was sitting, watching the door. 

"You group are definitely loud enough. Good to see your friends are always the same, Hanako, no matter who they are." She sighed, "What do you all want?"

"We have a song request!" Hanako hummed.

"Song request?" Natsuhiko asked as he walked into the room. 

"Well, not really. We want you to tell a story. Mitsuba's story." Hanako gestured to Mitsuba, who was floating behind him. 

"Would you pleaseee?" Mitsuba made his puppy eyes at Sakura.

She splayed her hands in annoyed resignation, sighing, "Fine, why don't you tell it? The broadcast room is right over there." She pointed to a room clearly labeled Broadcast Room. 

As soon as Mitsuba entered the room, the sign above the door reading On Air lit up. The radio crackled on, and Mitsuba's voice wafted through the air. 

Is this thing working? Oh, yes, there we go. Do you remember my voice? How about my clothes? My face? My name? Probably not. But I am here to make you remember.

Mitsuba began to talk about his childhood, about his feminine interests and clothing, and how he was bullied for this. How he didn't have any friends, and how he eventually found his love of photography, and eventually, his death. He ended his story with few words.

Do you remember me now? Do you remember Mitsuba, the boy in pink? 

The radio clicked off, and Mitsuba walked out of the broadcast room, wiping his face. 

"That felt good to talk about," He sighed, "You should try it sometime, Y/N!"

"I might. I liked hearing your story though," I said, "I didn't know you like photography."

"Yeah, I could show you some of my pictures sometime, if you want!"

"That would be great, I'd love to see them."

Sakura glared at Hanako. "Hey Hanako, get your weirdo friends out of here. You guys are done."

Hanako nodded, gesturing everyone to follow him out of the room. 

We all went back to the bathroom. 

"So, do you feel better now, Mitsuba?" Yashiro asked.

"Yeah! I think everyone should feel better after being able to tell everyone how you feel. And everyone should remember me now!" He smiled and laughed and looked happy. 

I sighed. Maybe someday I could share my story and be as happy as Mitsuba. But today was for his happiness, not my own. Hanako slipped his hand in mine, lacing his fingers tightly with mine.

"Someday, it will be your turn, I promise. Someday, people will know who you are, I'll make sure of it."

He turned to me, and his bright eyes stared deeply into mine. He pressed his forehead to mine. "I will make sure people know you, okay?"

I nodded, and he gave me a kiss on the cheek. My face heated up and I couldn't help but smile. It felt nice.