The Pink Boy

(ok so I just realized I never put Mitsuba in here so the only way to put him in here is to totally destroy canon but that's ok I do that in every fic I write)

~Your POV~

I nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard a knock on the stall door. I heard a voice outside, it was a boy, though he sounded oddly young, or maybe just overly feminine.

"What am I even doing here? It's such a stupid wish anyway. Maybe I should just leave?" He sighed, and I heard his feet scuff against the floor, like he was turning around.

Hanako nudged me, giving me a mischievous smile. I opened the stall door.

"What is your name, and why are you here?" I said, in a voice that came out much softer than I meant it to. I'm supposed to be scary when I'm around people, but that had never worked for me. 

"HUH?!" He fell backwards onto his butt, then scooted back against the wall. There, I got a good look at him. He seemed very feminine, wearing a pink uniform, and he had pink hair stuck up in a ponytail, with his bangs covering one eye. Even his eyes were pink.

"I asked you a question. What's your name and why are you here?" I repeated.

His eyes welled with tears. Clearly this boy was very emotional, "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" He shouted.

"Answer my question first." I knelt down to where he was on the floor, holding out a hand. 

"Fine, weirdo. I'm Mitsuba Sousuke, and I'm here to see Hanako, the bathroom ghost." He still didn't take my hand.

"Well, I'm Y/N L/N, and I guess you could call me the other bathroom ghost."

"I've never heard of another bathroom ghost here. Are you lying to me?"

"A lot of people haven't heard of me, but if you need proof of my validity then I can get Hanako to tell you all about it."

"No, thanks. Anyway, what's your job in this place?"

"I'm supposed to torture people who hesitate while summoning Hanako!" I smiled.

"What?! You're not gonna torture someone as cute as me are you?!" He gave me puppy eyes, and I laughed.

"Hah! I haven't got the heart to torture anybody yet, so I think you're safe. Now, do you need help getting up or not?" I held my arm out to him again. 

He shakily reached his arm out, and I expected him to pass through just as any other living being did. Instead, I felt the cool presence of a ghostly hand on mine. 

"Woah! You're dead?" I asked, shocked.

"Hey, that's a bit rude, isn't it? But yes, I'm dead, weirdo."

"....So why are you here then?" I was a bit more confused than before, but I pulled him up, and we were both standing. 

"I was gonna make a wish, obviously. Why else would I like to see Hanako?"

"What kind of wish?"

He glanced down to his shoes, and his form wavered. His eyes welled with tears again. He was a really emotional boy.

"I can help you a little. Maybe not as much as Hanako can, but I can try." I took his hands and he looked up at me.

"You won't think it's a stupid wish?"

"No wish is stupid. Now what is it?"

"I want people to remember me."

I didn't even try to hide my surprise, it was strange to hear about someone with such a similar experience to mine. 

"Hey, why do you look so surprised?" Mitsuba said, annoyed.

"Sorry it's just... I've never heard someone wish for that before. It's just interesting to hear about someone so similar to me."

"Similar how?"

"I want people to know who I am, but nobody has even given me a name other than my own. Your wish is so important because if we can figure out how to make your wish true then we can make my dream true too."

He nodded, also seeming suprised.

"Maybe you aren't as weird as I thought, Y/N."

That was the beginning of an unexpected friendship between two unlikely people.