As if | Max Verstappen

By ricciellen

Belle Russell is the sister of racing driver George Russell and when she becomes the first female driver in F... More

introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50

10

1.3K 24 6
By ricciellen

it was morning and i woke up but an arm around me. Lando was very hard to wake and I didn't understand how he could sleep so well in a tent. I had had a very hard time sleeping during the night partly because it was uncomfortable but also because I couldn't stop thinking about Max. of course I didn't think of him in any romantic way but the fact that he had been unusually kind to me.

I climbed out of the tent as quietly as possible so as not to wake my friend. I sat down in the camping chair and looked out at the water. I was still wearing Max's shirt as I couldn't bring myself to change yesterday. the water was still and I admired the view. Danny had chosen a good camping spot.

a chair was placed next to me and Mick sat down. I gave him a friendly smile as he handed me a blanket. we sat in silence for a while just enjoying the view until Mick broke the silence.

"do you want to come up with something tomorrow"

"absolutely, what kind of thing"

"can you surf?"

"no but I've always wanted to learn"

"then we'll surf tomorrow"

I enjoyed Mick's company and doing something with him myself gave me a good opportunity to get to know him better. The other guys start to wake up and climb out of the tents. we or yes them had breakfast and shortly after that we started packing up our things. i climbed into my tent and threw out our bags and just as i was about to go out the whole tent collapsed.

"Lando! I'm still in the tent you muppet" I yelled out and I heard Lando giggling outside

"can't I have fun anymore"

I climbed out and helped him fold it up. Lando is terrible at putting together a tent so I had to start over which meant we were the last to finish. I jumped into the passing seat and Lando and George jumped in behind us. Daniel started the car and rolled out onto the forest road to make sure that those in the other car followed.

I leaned against the window and looked out at the trees and it didn't take long before I fell asleep. the whole evening yesterday had tired me out somewhat enormously. even though I was asleep I heard the guys mumbling, I managed to hear a few words but couldn't put sentences together. the words I heard were my name, Max and forest. I understood what they were talking about and soon after I went back to my deep sleep.

---

i was back in the hotel room and i felt dirty after the night in the woods so i took off my clothes and got into the shower. I turned the heat on and let them run for a while before going inside. as soon as the water touched my skin I felt the dirt run off me. I stood petrified and just enjoyed the water that ran from my hair down my face. I took the soap and scrubbed the skin to remove the last dirt.

i turned off the shower and wrapped myself in the soft towel and went to bed and changed into comfortable clothes. I put on some music and put my hair up in a turban while I started doing my skin care.

Mickschumacher started following you

Mick: hey are you still  for surfing tomorrow?

Belle: absolutely, what time were you thinking?

Mick: how about around 1 o'clock?

Belle: perfect, see you then.

I put the phone away and smiled to myself. Mick was a nice guy in every way. I didn't know him well enough but he always managed to put a smile on my face and I enjoyed being around him.

I followed Mick back and looked through his pictures and I have to admit, he is very handsome. I heard knocks on the door and I sighed and forced myself out of bed. the knocking continued and I hurried to the door to open.

"food delivery" Lando said with a grin on his face. I felt the anxiety creeping up on seeing the bags of food. I hadn't told him about my problems but I welcomed him in and we made ourselves comfortable on the couch.

"okay I brought Sushi which I know you love, I don't understand how you can like fish myself. I brought Thai food"

"Lando can I tell you something"

"if it's about girl problems, I won't play girl again"

"no it's about something serious"

Lando sat up straight and looked at me confused. my nervousness and anxiety grew even more. i knew he would take care of me but the fear of him not understanding is never there. I never told him about my past food problems when I was younger.

"what is it belle"

"I can't eat the sushi"

"did I take the wrong pieces of sushi?"

"no, those are the ones I used to eat"

"what do you mean used to?"

"when I was younger I had an eating disorder and thanks to a lot of help from George I got rid of it even though the thoughts never left"

I looked up to see how Lando was on the information but he was sitting quietly thinking about what I just said.

"a week or so ago it came back because of a stupid comment and now I can't eat, that's why I fainted after the race"

I fell silent and could not meet his gaze. it was far too quiet and I just wanted to run and hide from it all. I felt a hand on my chin pulling my face towards Landos. I was greeted by a warm smile and I felt the anxiety disappear.

"I wish you could tell me about this sooner but I understand why you didn't. We're taking it one bite at a time and I'll be proud if you just get some. Now that I know about it I can help you get well again"

I felt warm in my body and I threw myself into his arms. How could I have such a good friend? we leaned towards the table and I slowly accepted the plate of sushi. Lando was quick to take the first bite of his food while I hesitated. I looked up at Lando and he saw my hesitation and gave me a nod.

I carefully picked up the first piece and brought it to my mouth. I took half a bite and chewed while having an internal fight with my brain. When I felt a hand on my thigh, all the voices in my head disappeared and I was able to eat it without a problem.

after an hour I had managed to get down almost all the pieces of sushi and I felt extremely proud of myself. I sat back on the sofa and enjoyed the win against my votes. it was now 1-0.

we talked about everything between heaven and earth. i told him i was meeting mick tomorrow and lando insisted it was a date but every time i said no he hit me loose with a pillow.

---

it was half past one and Mick was picking me up in 30 minutes. I didn't know what to wear or bring with me. I put on some beige colored bikini but knew I would regret it later. I packed a towel, sunscreen, a water bottle and sunglasses. over the bikini I wore a white maxi skirt and a tank top.

there was a knock on the door and I grabbed my bag and ran to the door. outside the door stood a happy Mick. I asked him to wait while I put on my shoes. he picked up my bag and gently held me as it was clear that I was about to fall several times. I finished and we took the elevator down.

 As usual, there were lots of fans outside the hotel in an attempt to get pictures of all the drivers.

we managed to get to the car without getting stuck too long among all the fans. we drove to the beach and Mick promised me he had already fixed everything so I didn't have to worry about the board. we listened to loud music and sang along.. or I sang and Mick laughed at me when I played that I had a Concert.

the beach was beautiful and the waves looked great. i was no expert but i assumed they were good waves to surf. we sat down a bit from the others who were there and while I smeared myself in the sunscreen, Mick went to get some boards. when he came back changed i chose to take a picture of him because he looked beautiful.

Bellerussell posted a picture

Mickshumacher, landonorris and 127,352 other liked

Bellerussell: he will try to teach me to surf..

User 1: new couple???

User 4: so nice

Landonorris: you are going to be near a fish...

Mick was very patient with me because I was a big question mark over everything. how can a board with a human be able to float on waves? after a while we headed towards the water and I would finally try to do as Mick taught me. the first few times I fell off when I tried to stand on the board.

after 7 tries I finally managed to get up and I saw that Mick was proud that I managed to get up. or was he relieved that I wasn't completely stupid. Me!? I managed to surf my first wave in my life.

"see, it's not that hard"

"I'm a natural," I said, sitting back on the board.

"okay now let's not overdo it young lady"

we continued to surf and my stomach hurt from how much I laughed at Mick and his jokes. I lay down on the board and closed my eyes to take in the sun dominating the sky. I hadn't heard Mick call me until it was too late. a small wave had come in and I was swept into it and for a brief second I was below the surface.

"omg i could have died"

"no, it wasn't a big wave. shall we go up, I'm getting hungry"

oh no.. food. we got up and sat on our towels and he brought out loads of fruit. I got the urge to eat but started to think he would think I was fat if I ate. Mick took some grapes and asked questions about my life. I tried to eat some myself while answering all his questions and was able to get the fruit down.

"you're kidding me" I said looking behind Mick.

Mick turned to see what I had seen and saw three guys walking. He didn't seem to see who it was at first but it was impossible to miss Lando's walking style and Danny's laugh.

"hello, what a coincidence you're here" said Daniel and greeted us. I looked at Lando and saw that he was struggling to hold back his laughter. of course he was the one who had convinced the others to go to the beach, just so he could see my so-called date.

"where was the invitation" Lando asked and I felt my anger forming inside me. Max was standing a few meters away from us and I did my best to ignore him but when he was sighing and whining about little things it was very difficult.

we talked to the guys for a while until Mick thanked us and we headed towards his car. I was eternally grateful that he saved me from the trio. we went back to the hotel and he was cute walking me to the door even though i said he didn't need to. we then said goodbye and i went into my hotel room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.2K 41
The first female driver since 1976. The only woman on the grid. All eyes are on her. Especially Charles Leclerc's. Charles Leclerc x FemaleOC #1 in...
279K 5.3K 50
The sister of Daniel Ricciardo, Olivia, brand owner and model, goes to her first Grand Prix weekend at there home race and has the time of her life...
19.8K 380 20
Princess Alice is the younger daughter of King and Queen of Belgium, the Grand Prix of Spa made her attend the race because she got invited by RedBul...
268K 3.2K 29
A woman in Formula 1 was something that everyone believed they didn't want. "Take part in the W series" is what always echoed, as though they wished...