Chemistry

By ChojisWife

This is a story about a plus sized senior in high school who falls for a guy she never thought would even giv... More

Characters
First Day of Senior Year
Group Date
Alphas
Skin
Promises
Your Past
Updated Charcters
Mistakes
Ease
Princess Tiana
Family Meeting
New Beginnings
Parents
Author's Note
Christmas Dinner
Custody Battle
Doctor Visits
Author's Note
Valentine's Day
Nice For What?!
Author's Note
Stallion
Author's Note
Family Time
Baby Fever
Party Time
Brewster
Honey Moon
Jealous and Jellyfish
Turkey Day
You Can Have Whatever You Like
Icey
Tis The Season
Cheers to Us
A Love Like Ours
Memories To Be Made

Birthday Girl

90 5 0
By ChojisWife

Dave's POV
I grab my towel and wrap it around my waist. I walk to the bedroom and grab my phone. I call Mimi on speaker and walk to the closet and look for an outfit. "Heyy baby, how was your shower?" I grab a white t shirt and my gray Gallery Dept shorts. "It was coo ma, so when you comin home?" She smacks her lips. "I just left Dave what are you talking about?" I slip on my shorts. "Girl I know, I miss you already." She starts laughin and I hear her blinker turn on. I put on my shirt and walk to the dresser and spray my cologne.

"I just wanted to see wassup with you since I was out the shower ma, my bad." I pick up my phone and walk out the room into the kitchen. "You good baby. We just got to my mom's house. We finally get to start planning for Kai's first birthday!" I sign loudly so she can hear me. "Don't start that sighing shit. You know I'm excited for my baby's birthday." Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to but Mimi CAN'T stop talkin about it. "Mi you been talkin about this all week. I'm just tired of you repeating the WHOLE plan to me like we ain't plan it together."

I warm up the breakfast she made before she left. "Okay well ima go talk to my mom about it. At least she won't mind hearing me." I look at my phone and rub my head. "Girl that's not what I said. But I love y'all and be safe. I'm excited too I can't wait to see everything you order." I hear her and Kai get out the car, walk to the front door, and open it. "We love you too baby. Ima call when I'm on my way home. Oh and I left the pictures on the table by the door." She blows me a kiss through the phone then hangs up the phone.

I start eating my food and texting Carter. Today I'm goin to see Marissa, her ass been in jail since what she did to Mimi. She been blow in my phone up and having her lawyer call me so I'm just finna go. I finish eating so I washed my plate and headed into the room. I grab my gray puffer vest and put it on then grab my wallet and keys off the dresser. I go to the living room and put on my Retros. Once I'm ready I grab the pictures and head out the door.

The drive was about 4 hours but I made it in 3. I'm suppose to be seeing her at 3:30, it's now 3. Once I parked, went through the security checkpoint and they took me to the visiting room. After waiting about 10 minutes, I impatiently check my watch and she walked through the door. She sits down at the table and folder her arms in front of her. "You didn't return my calls. I-I didn't think you'd show up." She pushed her hair out her face and looks up at me. She looks terrified.. and I don't feel bad. "I mean you been blowing my phone up then having yo lawyer do the same. I honestly didn't want to come but Misha suggested I should." She mumbled under her breath, "Tuhhh." She rolled her eyes then looked at me again.

"So you don't even care to check on me? To see what happened to me?" I scrunch my face and laugh. "Did you care what happened to my wife and our baby? No you didn't. You did this to yourself." I took the pictures out my puffer and tossed them on the table. "This what you been missing..."

She picked up the pictures. Tears went down her face as she looked through them. "Oh my gosh... my baby is getting so big. Her hair oh my gosh just like mine." I rolled my eyes and checked my watch. It's only been 5 minutes. Damn. "Yeahh her birthday comin up this week in a few days." She looks up at me surprised. "Wow already 1. Mamas getting big.." I check my watch again. She placed the pictures back down and slid them to me. I look at them then back at her. "Those are yours." She nods her head and looks around.

I'm glad this is just as awkward for her. "So what you been callin me for?" She picks up the pictures and holds them to her chest. "I wanted to talk to you about bringing Kairi. I want to see her." I look at her blankly. "You just did. You have your pictures. They're recent." She sighs and places one of her hands in the middle of the table. "Dave.." I look at her hand then back to her and she pulls her hand away. "I am sorry for what happened. I was in a dark place.. and angry. What I did was wrong... I want to be apart of her life and.."

At this point I'm not even listening. She's not going to be apart of Kai's life. She made her choice a long time ago. I'm only doing this for Misha. Kai doesn't deserve to have someone like Marissa in her life. "... so you see she needs to know me, her mother." I just look at her because I don't even know or care what she's talkin about. "Look it's not happening. I gave you chances before and look where you are. Kai doesn't even know you. When she gets older I will tell her about you but right now she is a kid. She doesn't need this in her life. You have your pictures. I can try to visit every few months if I can but I make no promises. I have a family to care for." She puts her head down and wipes her tears. "Okay.. I do love her, I do. And I still love you. We made something beautiful together. I will never forget that."

I close my eyes and count to 10. "Okay Marissa." She puts her hand back in the middle of the table. "Can you hold my hand please?" I don't even bother to look at her. "No. I'm married." She looks down and back at the pictures. "I'll always have us in these pictures." "Don't make me take those back." She looks up and put the pictures inside her jumpsuit. It stays quiet for moment. "What are you doing for her birthday?" I place both my hands in front of me in the table. "Misha is planning her birthday party. She ordering everything today so it'll be ready in a few days."

She nodded her head and looked around. "Are you going to bring back pictures from her party?" I thought about it and decided to give her pictures. "Yeah, I'll have your lawyer bring them up here to you." I check my watch and see Mimi texted me that she was on her way home. By now we'd already been talking for an hour. "Look I'm about to go. I gotta get back home to my girls." She looked down and nodded her head. "Thanks for the pictures, I can't wait for the next ones.." I stood up and looked at her one last time. She smiled at me and started walking towards me. I shook my head and turned around walking out to the door. "Dave!" I stop at the door and look back. "I really do love y'all." I turned around and made my ways out.

Once I got to the car I called Misha. "Hey I was just thinking about you." I smile at my phone and FaceTime her. She answers and shows me her and Kai laying down. "My two pretty girls! How y'all doin ma?" She shows Kai trynna get in the camera. "We're doing good. I just made sum chicken and dumplings. So we just finished eating. We gonna take a bath soon ain't we mama?" Kai claps and starts laughing loud as hell. "Baby to excited for that bath." I say while laughing at her. "So.. how was it with Marissa?" I sighed and drug my hand down my face. "To damn long. She just kept talking about being in Kai's life, how she loved us, I honestly don't even know most of what she said because I was ready to go."

I tell her what happened as I make my way home. From when I got there to when I left. "You weren't really gonna take her pictures right?" I look at her and she looks kinda upset. "No I really just wanted her to stop talkin about that shit. I didn't wanna hear it." She nodded her head and started playing with her hair. "At least she had her pictures. She probably gone be kissing you all in them pictures." She starts laughing hella loud making Kai start laughing. "I do not find that shit funny. Like at all Mi. That shit was annoying as hell." She just kept laughing. "Alright I'm about an hour away I'll see you in a bit." She just kept laughing so I hung up.

Misha's POV
The past few days have been hectic to say the least. Today is Kai's birthday and everything is here. Dave helped me decorate the backyard and make sure everything was perfect for my baby.

To say I went a little over board is an understatement. I just want this to be a beautiful experience. It's her 1ST birthday it has to be special. When Dave finished setting up the treats table I went inside to bring them out. We spent about 30 minutes sorting and placing everything.

"Everybody is showing up now ma. Go put Kai in her birthday outfit." I give him a kiss before heading inside. I get Kai from ball pit and start to get her dressed. Once she dressed I take a few pictures and pick her up to take her outside.

She looked so beautiful! I hear Dave announcing entrance. We walk out and all our family and friends are here. Kai sees everyone and starts smiling and waving. Together everyone says "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAIII!!" I set her down and she tries to run to Dave. He picks her up and kisses her cheek. She finally sees her play area and heads towards the bounce house.

While Kai and the kids were occupied with her bounce house, everyone else was eating and catching up. Tia, Kai and Alexander are in the play area while Dave, Don and I are talking to Gina and Kiana. As we're talking Ren comes over with a plate of food. "Dave you made these ribs?" I look over at him and he has bbq sauce all over his face. "Kiana help to lil boyfriend." Dave said shakin his head. She rolled here eyes and pulled Ren away.

We just laughed at her wiping his face and him dropping his plate. "I guess the ribs were that good." I laugh at Don, he's definitely right. "Oo I can't wait to bring out the cakes!!" Don looked over at me and laughed. "Cakessss? Like with an 's'?" I look at Dave and he already laughing. "Yes they were so cute I couldn't just get 1 so I got 2!" I smile sweetly and Dave wraps is arm around my shoulder.

A few hours later it, the sun starts to go down. "Baby can you and Don bring out the cakes?" They get up and head inside and I tell Tia to bring Kai to the ballon arch. Dave and Don come back with the cakes and sets them on the cake trays we have. "Okayy now it's time to sing Happy Birthday to the Birthdayy girlll!!!"

Once we are set up, we light the candle and everyone sings happy birthday to Kai.  "Happy birthday dear Kairi, Happy birthday to youuuu!" Everyone starts cheering waiting for her to blow out her candle. Once she blows it out with Dave's help, we cut the cakes and give everyone a slice. We finally sit down at the table to feed Kai her cake. Dave sits in front of me and talks to Kai. "You like your cake mama?" Kai nods her head and messily eats her cake. "Bae take a picture of us. I know she look crazyyy." I say laughing as he takes our pictures.

Luckily Kai didn't ruin her outfit. Once she was done I cleaned off her hands and face and sat her in front of the balloon arch and everyone took their pictures. After about 30 minutes of taking our pictures I asked my mom and Gina if they can set out the gift bags.

Once everyone got a gift bag they headed home. All the was left was for us to help Kai open all her gifts.

Dave's POV
When everything was finally opened, the back patio was filled with wrapping paper and gift bags. Our parents, Tia and Carter left once all Kai's gifts were open. I told Mimi to take Kai inside and get her ready for bed while I cleaned up the wrapping paper. Luckily we had a lil help taking down the party decorations before everyone left. I throw the last bag in the trash and take them to the front for trash day tomorrow. When I get back inside I wash my hands and lock up the house.

I go into our room and run Mimi a bubblebath. I put out her favorite pajama set and slippers. After I'm finished setting up the candles, I go to Kai's room and see Mimi tucking her in. She quietly comes out her room and closes the door. Once she sees me she smiles and give me a kiss. "Do you think she enjoyed herself today?" I smile and rub her cheek. "Of course she did. Her mommy planned it." She smiled and gave me another kiss. I led her to the bedroom then to the bathroom.

"You get in the bath I ran you and I'll go make us a snack to eat before we go to sleep. Alright ma?" Just as I was about to walk out the door, she pulls me back to her. "We both need to relax. Get in with me. She takes off her clothes and got in. She looks at me and smiles. "Are you gonna get in?" I grab the wine and 2 glasses and set them on the side of the tub. "Pour us sum."

She poured our glasses while I undressed and got in behind her. She handed me my glass and laid her head on my chest.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56 0 9
When a young Vanessa lives her life by a schedule so she had control of her life, it was easy. But, then she graduates from high school. Vanessa want...
222K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
345K 11.1K 22
Maya is a curvy, shy, funny and sweet girl who just turned eighteen and is wanting to finish her Senior year of high school off with her cousin, Erik...
3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...