Beyond All Rules ✔️

By LyssahTraicey

Kennedy's parents transfer her from a prestigious private high school and to a school in The Bronx as punishm... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty One

219 25 5
By LyssahTraicey

KENNEDY

Switzerland is gorgeous especially during the holidays. From the beautiful views, to the snow-capped mountains and the Christmas markets. All Astrid and I have done since we arrived is ski, go ice-skating, lots of tours and of course lots of shopping. I have had so much fun hanging out with my sister but it doesn't take the pinch of being away from my boyfriend. He's my first boyfriend and we are having to celebrate the holidays apart because of my over bearing parents. To make matters worse we've been here more than a week and I've only see them twice. I wish they would have left me back in New York but at least Astrid is here otherwise I'd have walked back to New York to get away from them.

"Kenny." Astrid calls out to get my attention.

I look up from my phone to give her my attention.

"What do you think?" She asks twirling around to show me the beautiful winter coat she has picked out.

"I like it but you should get it in white, it brings out your eyes." I reply.

"You're right." She concurs and waves the sales lady over.

My phone pings with another text and it's of Isaiah at Frosty Dream holding up a plate with the words "Miss you" written in frosting. It nearly brings tears to my eyes.

"That's cute." Astrid whispers peeping over my shoulder at the picture.

"He is cute isn't he." I reply sending those exact words back to him and a lot of kissy face emojis.

"I'm sorry Kenny. I know us being here isn't the ideal holiday we were both hoping for." Astrid apologizes.

I turn to her with a sad smile. "It's not your fault Astrid."

"I know but still I am sorry." She says pulling me in for a hug.

I slack in her arms and let her hold me before I break down.

"And to make matters worse tomorrow is new year's eve. I won't be there to kiss him after the count down." I pout recalling the whole gang has plans to hang out at Wesley's for the fireworks show the boys have put together.

"There will be lots of other new year's." Astrid consoles.

"Will there? We are going off to college in a few months. I'll be in Yale and he'll be in Princeton three hours away. Maybe it was stupid getting into a relationship knowing there's no future." I mumble sadly.

Astrid cups my face and brings my eyes up to meet hers. "Hey, no. Do not say that. Kennedy I have not seen you this happy in a long time. This boy brings out the best in you and I have seen how he is around you. He adores you. Do not let this relationship go. You two are perfect for each other and long distance relationships do work you know. Give your relationship a chance to work and you will not be disappointed."

"Since when did you become such a relationship guru." I ask with a chuckle as I swipe away my tears.

"It comes with the big sister title. No more sadness now, okay?" She demands.

I nod and manage a quick smile. "Okay."

"Good, now let's keep shopping. I saw this really cute store next door that has the snow globes you wanted to buy your friends." She informs me.

"Okay I'm down for that." I agree even though I am feeling a bit down.

My relationship with Isaiah is fairly new so if we were to break up now, it would be easier as compared to months or years down the road but just the thought of losing him makes me feel sick. Isaiah is the best thing to happen to me in a long time and I am not going to let my fears and insecurities rob me of such love and happiness. We'll be fine even if we go to different colleges.

We have to be.

Astrid pays for the coat and we move on to the shop she was talking about where I end up purchasing a lot of souvenirs for all my friends. They would have loved Switzerland, especially Wesley who is always goofing around. Maybe in the future we can all plan a group hang to come here together. Now that will be much more fun that this trip.

"What if you fake a work emergency?" I ask Astrid as our chauffer drives us back to our vacation home.

"Dad has the Governor on speed dial, he'll call my bluff in seconds." She replies.

The fact that she is right dampens my mood even more. There really is no getting out of here until my parents say so.

Our chauffer drops us at the villa and I drag my feet all the way to the front door. We really have no use for the six bedroom, five bath villa that is only used once a year but my parents saw a need for it. It's their money anyway so if they want to own a mansion in every country in the world, that is their choice.

We walk in to find mother and father dearest cuddled in a sofa by the fireplace. I would find the sight cute were in not for the fact that they are the last people I want to see.

"Mother, father." I greet a little too icily dropping onto an empty sofa.

Astrid gives me a disapproving look as she joins me.

"Hello my darlings, did you have a fun time shopping?" Mother asks.

"Yes we did mom. Where have you guys been?" Astrid asks.

"About, we met a couple of old friends and I honestly don't remember much after we opened that second bottle of wine." Mother giggles.

So she was out there having fun with her friends while I am stuck here unable to see mine.

"Sounds like fun." Astrid says giving me a warning look to behave.

"It was." Father agrees.

"Anyway I think we are going to wash up for dinner as we put these away." Astrid says as she ushers me to get up.

I begrudgingly pluck my ass off the sofa and get to my feet.

"Don't bother unpacking. We fly out in a few hours." Mother announces and that is enough to stop me in my tracks.

"Where are we going?" I ask with a hopeful tone crossing my fingers.

"Back home to New York. Your mother and I have been invited to a New Year's eve party with the first family so we'll stop over in DC and then the pilot will drop you off back home." Father explains.

"Yes!" I cheer out loudly before I can stop myself.

Astrid is smiling as well while my parents look confused so I clear my throat and put on a straight face. "I've just missed home is all."

"Oh, okay." Mother says still confused.

"I'm gonna go pack." I rush out as I run out of the room up the stairs with Astrid behind me.

Finally, my prayers have been answered. I will be spending new years with my friends and handsome boyfriend. I think about texting them in the group chat but I rethink that idea choosing to surprise them instead.

My room is kind of a mess from all the shopping bags so I start sorting everything out putting the gifts I bought everyone in individual gift bags. I can barely contain my excitement as I drag my suitcase from the closet and start packing.

"Slow down kiddo, you have all night to pack." Astrid tells me as she stands at the door of my room.

"Speak for yourself. I cannot wait to get out of here." I reply.

"Looks like someone out there heard your prayers." Astrid says.

"Yes." I grin doing a little happy dance.

"Okay, I will leave you to it. I have packing of my own to do." Astrid smiles before disappearing into her own room.

My parents are flying us back home for their own selfish reasons but as long as those reasons align with mine then I do not care. All I know is that I will be spending new years in New York.

Packing takes hours because of all the sorting that I have to do. Astrid manages me to drag me down for dinner but its just the two of us which I don't mind.

Sleep doesn't come easy from all the anticipation but before I know it we are on the air flying back home. Due to the time difference I will not be able to go home first to freshen up before I go to Wesley's but that's okay.

"When will you guys be back from DC?" I ask my parents.

"Why? Are you planning on throwing any parties when we are gone?" Mother retorts.

"Or sneak away." Father adds on.

"Yes to both." I reply with a sickeningly sweet smile.

"Kennedy." Mother growls out warningly.

"What? You started it. Even after a drama free semester at Pine View you still don't believe that I have changed so what is the point of trying to prove you wrong." I grit out.

No matter what I do all my parents will see is the unruly child who has been arrested three times. I tried my best the first few months to show them that I had changed but when we kept having the same fights over and over again I gave up. There is no point when they never appreciate me and the changes I am making to be better.

"It will take a whole lot more than a single semester to undo all the damage you have done Jane Kennedy." Mother decrees using both my names.

She knows I hate it when she calls me that which is exactly why I think she keeps doing it just to piss me off. I honestly cannot wait to go to college and away from them.

"Mom, dad, Kennedy is trying and you have to meet her halfway. She's top of her class, she is in a club and all her teachers speak highly of her. It's been months of good behavior from her. Don't you think it's time you drop the bitter feelings about what happened in the past and focus on the future." Astrid suggests coming to my defense.

I give her a grateful smile even though her words are met with nothing but silence. I have given up on rebuilding my relationship with my parents and so should she. It's not like they were winning any parents of the year awards to begin with.

"Let's just see how this last semester goes and then we can revisit this conversation." Father concludes ending that conversation promptly.

Astrid gives me an apologetic look but it's not her fault. She has done her best to come to my defense. To be honest I cannot even blame my parents for their behavior towards me. This is all on me for my rebellious ways.

"You'll be staying with Astrid until we come back which should be before your semester starts." Mother dictates.

"Yes mother." I agree done with all the fighting.

Astrid isn't strict at all so as long as I am responsible she does not care what I do. They think that making me stay with her is punishment but it's no different than if I were at the mansion alone. Astrid winks at me knowing exactly what I am thinking.

The rest of the flight is uneventful and I occupy myself watching a movie, listening to music, napping and playing games with Astrid. We even manage to rope our parents into playing monopoly with us which turns out to be much more fun than I expected.

We drop them off in DC a little bit after dusk. "We'll be back in a few days, behave yourself." Mother demands.

"I will." I assure them.

"Good, see you soon." Father says before ushering mother out of the plane.

Astrid and I go back to our game as we wait for take-off. For some reason we are stuck in the tarmac for about an hour before we are allowed to proceed to New York. By the time we get there its almost ten pm but thankfully Glynn is already waiting for us at the private airfield.

"Where to miss?" Glynn asks getting behind the wheel after putting our bags in the trunk.

"Drop me off at home and then take this little delinquent to The Bronx." Astrid replies.

"Have I told you lately that you are the best sister in the world?" I tease grinning at her.

"I better be." She chuckles.

"In all honesty thank you for always having my back Astrid, I couldn't have asked for a better big sister." I express my heart swelling up with love and gratitude for having Astrid in my life.

She pulls me in for a hug and kisses my temple. "What are big sisters for?"

I snuggle into her side and lay my head on her shoulder for the rest of the drive. There is no traffic on the road which means we make good time as I am already late for the party. From the updates I keep getting from the group chat they are having loads of fun and I am missing out but I will be with them soon.

We drop Astrid off at her building together will all the bags except for the gift bags I'm taking to my friends.

"How will you get home tomorrow?" Astrid asks me.

"I'll ask Iz to drop me off." I reply.

"Okay then, be safe and have fun." She says hugging me.

"I will." I smile.

She lets me go so I can get back into the car. I wave goodbye as Glynn drives off while her doorman comes to help her with all her bags.

My phone vibrates with a notification and Isaiah's grinning face lights up my screen. After more than a week I will be seeing him and I am so excited I am almost tempted to tell him that I am on my way to him. But I hold in my excitement because in less than half an hour we will be together.

Glynn shows off his impeccable driving skill and manages to get me to my destination fast and safe. He parks in front of Wesley's familiar apartment building and even though it's late the whole neighborhood is abuzz with activity as people look forward to ushering in the new year.

"Need help carrying those bags up?" Glynn asks as he helps me get the gift bags from the trunk.

"No I'm good. Thank you so much Glynn." I reply as he hands me the last bag.

"My pleasure miss." He smiles closing the trunk.

He holds the door open for me and I take the stairs to the top floor grateful that I chose to wear sneakers and not heels. I hear the sounds of my friends excited laughter and chatter before I enter the rooftop and it brings a smile to my face. I know it's just the four of them up there because Wesley's mom banned him from having full blown parties after his birthday. People made too much of a mess and the neighbors complained.

I push the door open with my shoulder and let myself in. They all turn to see who the intruder is only to be met with my grinning face.

"Surprise!" I yell excitedly.

"Princess!!!" Wesley shouts getting to his feet.

I am airborne a second later as the 6'5 giant twirls me around with my arms full of gifts hang over his shoulders.

"Wes I am happy to see you too but put me down before I drop my bags, I have delicate things in there." I demand.

"Sorry. It's just that I missed you. I didn't know you were coming back tonight. Iz did you know?" Wesley asks Isaiah who is still gazing at me in amazement.

"No I didn't know." He shakes his head.

"Hi boyfriend." I greet setting my bags down.

"Hi berry." He grins pulling me into his arms.

I grin as I bury my face in his neck and breath in deep. Oh God, did I miss this boy. Being in his arms encompassed in his addictive scent is what I have been craving from the day I landed in Switzerland.

"Missed me?" I whisper.

He doesn't reply, instead he pulls back, cups my face and kisses me so deeply my toes curl in my boots. I kiss him back just as fervently having missed the taste of his lips. Our friends disappear into the background for a moment as I hold onto his hoodie when my knees buckle for a moment. I hear someone cough but I ignore them as I concentrate on the kiss.

"Okay kids enough. Save the rest for the new year's kiss." Baron decrees and we are forced to pull apart.

Isaiah pulls me in for another hug and kisses the top of my head. "Yes berry, I did miss you."

"I think we all got that from the kiss." Wesley chuckles.

I laugh as well as Isaiah lets me go so I can hug Baron and Kristie.

"When did you get back from your vacation?" Kristie asks.

"I just landed actually and came straight here form the airport." I answer. "I couldn't miss crossing over to the new year with you guys."

"Awe but you must be exhausted." Wesley sympathizes.

"Not really. I had plenty of rest on the flight over." I assure him.

"Good, so what did you bring me?" He asks clapping excitedly as he eyes the bags at my feet.

I chuckle as I bend down to hand everyone their individual bag. "Goodies from Switzerland."

Most of the gifts are identical, chocolate, scarfs, gloves, snow globes and a few other trinkets but there is something unique for everyone.

"Kennedy this must have cost a fortune." Kristie exclaims as she tries on her scarf.

"I wanted to spoil my friends." I reply.

"But you already got us such awesome gifts for Christmas." Wesley reminds me.

This might be the right time to tell them that I am an heiress, I mean the opening is right there but I still find myself biting my tongue. What is wrong with me? Why is it so hard for me to tell them the truth? It's not like they will stop being my friends so what's stopping me from finally telling them the truth.

Isaiah notices the conflicted look on my face and gives me a hug. "Just say thank you guys."

"Thank you Kennedy."

"Thank you Princess."

"You are all welcome." I reply with a smile.

I give Isaiah a grateful look and he kisses my forehead in response.

"You came just on time for our fireworks show." Wesley decrees excitedly.

"I know. I did not want to miss it." I reply.

"Then take a seat and enjoy the show." He says.

Isiah pulls me back before I can walk away and turns me to face him. "Is everything okay?" He asks looking concerned.

"Yeah why?"

"I was not expecting you back for another few days. Not to say that I am not happy to see you because I am but why the impromptu trip back?" He asks.

"My parents were invited to a new year's party by the president." I answer.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Well then I thank the president and his invite because I get to cross over to the new year with you. I really missed you Berry." He confesses.

"I missed you too Iz." I reply and kiss him again.

Wesley whistles before we can go too far forcing us to pull apart. We join them and Isaiah pulls me onto his lap instead of ushering me onto my own seat.

"Hot chocolate?" Wesley asks.

"Yes please." I nod.

He pours me a cup and adds a couple of marshmallows before passing it onto me. It's a chilly night but we are all bundles up pretty warmly and there is a fireplace inbuilt into the rooftop so we are all pretty warm. I relax in Isaiah's arms as I am exactly where I want to be, with my boyfriend and our closest friends.

As we wait for midnight I tell everyone of everything my sister and I did while in Switzerland while they share stories of Christmas with their families.

Finally, when it's ten seconds to midnight we begin the countdown.

Ten

Nine

Eight

Seven

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two

One

Happy new year!!!

The fireworks go off with a loud boom and soon the sky is filled with lights from our rooftop and other neighboring ones.

"Happy new year Berry." Isaiah whispers.

"Happy new year Iz." I reply a second before I kiss him.

After the fireworks show, it gets too cold for us so we all go inside and spend the night watching movies until dawn when Isaiah drives me home.

It's going to be the perfect year ahead because it has already started on such a high note and I cannot wait to see what the new year has awaiting us all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 515 28
Chloe, the normal grade 9 girl. Everything went great in her first year of high school. Will it be the same this year? Or will everything change for...
49 0 21
Moses decides to move in with his Dad after his parents bitter divorce to avoid the venomous reactions of his Mom. His Dad Mario has made a deal with...
224 18 16
Katelyn has been in and out of the foster system since her mother died when she was young. After her father gets put in jail again, she gets sent to...
8.2K 663 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...