The Outlands (Sequel to Elven...

By larkdarkchild

Attn: This book has male on male activity, abuse, and graphic scenes. If any of this is triggering for you, t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 26

19 3 5
By larkdarkchild

Shane Pov

I was in my shop working like a mad man. I haven't been out in days. Whenever someone would come to the door, I would simply tell them I'm working. I can tell I've hurt Ashford while closing myself off. I continue to think and work. Mickey showed us that diplomacy is hopeless unless he wants it. His powers are unmatched, and we still don't know what all he can do. I don't even think he knows. Nothing wounds your pride more than someone literally showing you that you have no free will. That you have whatever they give you.

I threw a piece of metal across the room in a fit of rage. What's even worse. I know I'm getting this reprieve because Mickey is busy with his dad about the impending threat. Otherwise, I would probably be bent over doing whatever he wants.

"Shane." It was Ashford.

I remained silent. I'm no good for her. She deserves someone who can protect her from him. She's strong though. She has put up with Mickey's shit for a long time and hasn't gone insane. Me on the other hand, is about to lose it. Probably because from the beginning Mickey controlled her. But I've had 33 planet cycles of free will.

"Shane, please don't do this."

A sharp pain hit my chest. It was very sharp and painful. I grabbed my chest and doubled over.

I ran to the door and threw it open. Ashford was there looking very hurt. She had tears in her eyes. I pulled her to me. She cried against my chest. I cursed. I've been selfish. I haven't thought about how she must feel.

"I'm sorry, Ashford. I'm an ass. A selfish ass."

"It's ok."

I grabbed her shoulders and stared hard at her. "It's not okay, Ashford. Stop letting people treat you like this. Even us, your loved ones. If you have a problem with something, you need to let your voice be heard."

"But that would hurt their feelings."

I know it would hurt. I felt her pain and it hurt like hell. Come to think of it. I've never felt pain or anything from Mickey. Does the demon even have feelings?

"The truth hurts, Ashford. Doesn't mean it doesn't need to be said."

"Now let me have it. Tell me how I made you feel."

She hesitated.

"Come on. Bring it all out."

"Well, you're a jerk."

"Ok," I nodded. "What else?"

"You left me alone for days. How could you? You-you said you would always be there for me, that you would be nice to me and not hurt me. And instead of keeping your word you hide in here like a coward." She gasped and covered her mouth.

"You're right, Ashford. I'm sorry. You deserved better. Instead of hiding like a coward I should have been there for you."

She raised her chin. "Yes, you should have."

I smiled. "I love you. You're perfect."

She beamed.

"Ashford, have you ever felt any feelings from Mickey? You seem to know when I'm in pain. I feel it when you're in pain. But I haven't felt anything from him. Does he even feel?"

"Oh, he definitely feels things. He's angry all the time. I don't feel it. I see it. But other than that, no, I haven't. Strange," she stated.

"But he definitely feels our feelings so you might want to brace yourself."

As soon as she said that Mickey appeared. His eyes held indifference with a tinge of anger.

He looked at Ashford. "Why are you in pain?"

"Are you referring to the pain now or all the pain that you've caused me for the past 157 planet cycles that I've known you."

I gasped and looked at her. Very proud of her. I grabbed her hand for strength, but she threw my hand away. She walked up to him. My eyes bucked as she brought fire to her fist. She reached back and punched him in the face. He fell against the wall and hit the ground.

She has so much anger surrounding her. So much suppressed anger that it has a color and it's outlining her body. "How dare you and after I've given you EVERYTHING!" She yelled.

She raised her hand and squeezed. Mickey grabbed his chest. He rolled over on his knees and coughed up blood.

"Mickey, Mickey, Mickey. Mickey this. Mickey that. Everything is always FUCKING MICKEY! What about me!"

She stopped squeezing. He got up with anger in his eyes.

Just then a guard came running. "Mickey! There are beastallions in the Outlands. Declan and Traja need your help!"

Mickey looked at Ashford. "We'll discuss this later. Go get dad. Tell him to gather everyone and prepare for war. They're coming. Protect the city."

She nodded. He disappeared. Ashford turned to me. "Gather all your weapons and bring them to the dining room," she said then disappeared.

I let out a deep breath. Shocked at the turn of events. Did Ashford use Mickey's powers and didn't know it? Are we all about to die when these big ass mountain animals come?

No use in harping on it. I grabbed a bag and tossed everything in. When I saw a guard, I instructed them to bring everything else from the shed to the dining hall. I turned and started walking fast. I was rushing towards the dining hall when I was suddenly there. I looked around at everyone. "Did you just learn how to teleport," asked Ashford, while smiling.

I smiled back. "I guess I did. I just really wanted to be in the dining hall. Then I was."

I went to her and kissed her hard. I dropped my forehead to hers. "Please forgive me, Ashford. I will strive to be the man you need. I promise."

"Stop it, Shane. Don't do that. I was angry. But I understood. This is all new to you. I was raised in this life, you weren't. Just know that you're doing an excellent job of adapting. You're made for this, Shane. But please don't shut yourself from me. It hurts. "

She kissed me again.

"If we don't die. I want to go away with you."

"No one is dying. I would love to go away with you, but first, let's rid our planet of this threat."

She turned to King Aeason. "Dad, I know a good way to keep everyone out of the line of fire with Shane's weapons. These things are very tall. As long as everyone shoots up, they should be fine. Firing needs to come from all angles. We need to get as many weapons and suits as we can to the North, South, East and West. Tell them to close in and start firing at their weak spots, like their eyes. The iron suit will protect anyone from getting mistakenly blasted with energy."

Then suddenly there was a rumble. An earth rumble. They were close. "Let's go. Try not to die," King Aeason growled. His voice sounded like it's changing.

Ashford grabbed my hand and ran from the dining hall. By the time we reached the front. The rumble was harder. Closer. Seconds later. The large gate received its first kick. It dented. I was a little surprised at how strong that gate was. I've fought these things. They are strong. But I see the gate is even stronger. I guess I can thank my vampire eyes for that. The gate is very far away and yet. I can see the dent. Everyone started calling out orders. I looked to the left at King Aeason and gasped. I've never seen the king's warlock and those that have only had one thing to say. Run!

His eyes were red. He looked snarly and angry. He looks about ready to kill any and everything. His eyes are very scary. As king, he's supposed to be giving the speeches and orders, but no. He's letting his captains and lords give the orders and speeches. He's impatiently waiting for the gate to be kicked open. I can tell he thrives off killing. I quickly turned my head the other way. He is a true demon and it's making me uncomfortable. His eyes are akin to the pits of hell.

Ashford tugged on my hand. I smiled at her. "Please don't die, Shane. Be careful. If-if anything happens to you, I will die from grief."

"I absolutely refuse to. I have a date with the most beautiful woman on the planet. I can't miss that."

Her eyes became misty. "You better not," she choked.

The earth shook and trembled as the gates were dismantled. By that time. Armond, the priestess, Talon and Rajesh arrived with several hundred vampires.

The iron suits were the first line of defense. They threw energy balls after energy balls at the beastallion's eyes, blinding them. We had several layers of defense. We were the last so the beastallions haven't made it to us yet. But even at this distance we heard the skies rumble. We looked over at King Aeason when it felt like the wind was about to uplift us. It was strong. His eyes were white as he commanded the skies. He brought down about 30 lightning bolts from the sky and struck them distinctly towards the gates. All 30 hit their mark. The beastallions roared. Some fell to the ground. Dead.

"What it is," Ashford asked me.

"Your father is a fucking god. It's magnificent to see."

She smiled. "I just call him dad."

We all walked to the clearing in the city. About 40 of them entered the clearing. I smirked. They have taken a beating. Aelasar is definitely something to be proud of. At a young age everyone is taught some form of fighting. Surprisingly, this order came from the queen. She said no one should ever feel vulnerable and helpless and can't protect themselves, so mostly everyone in Aelasar knows how to protect themselves.

I looked around at everyone. No one looks nervous so I dare not as well. These beings are old. They have been in several wars, I'm sure. Especially King Armond, King Aeason and the priestess. They teach their women to fight just as hard, all the while being the perfect lady.

I raised both my hands and called for my weapons. When they arrived, I hit the buttons on them.

"Nobody moves," the king rasped out. He raised his arms. All the beasts were raised into the air. All 40 of them.

"Now!" Humans and elves flew high in the sky in the iron suits and threw energy balls after energy balls at them. Half died; the other half died hitting the ground.

When the next 40 or so came in they charged, not giving the king time to levitate them. Armond took to the skies, dodging them when they tried to grab him. He blinded as many as he could with a white-hot energy blast to their faces.

I looked at Ashford. "I go low, you go high?"

"Sure."

I vampire sped to them. I cut them off at the knees. Five fell to the ground. One creature grabbed Ashford when he landed. I sliced his arm off. He dropped her.

She started shooting fireballs from her hand. I gasped. Does she even know that she's doing it?

I heard a loud roar. I looked over to see King Aeason. I pray I never get on his bad side. The queen is as blood thirsty as the king. I changed my mind. She doesn't look blood thirsty. She looks angry. She's using any and everyone's power to fight with. She's flying like her father. She's striking the animals down with lightning. She's turning her body into a misty thin film. She's entering them and blowing them up from the inside out. She's one helluva empath. Very powerful.

I was so caught up in the heat of battle that I've lost sight of Ashford.

When I saw her, she was helping her grandfather from the ground. She didn't see the huge feet coming down on them.

"No," I whispered then took off. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91K 3.9K 29
Sarauniya was an orphan since she can remember. Life was never easy in the system and only got harder out of it. Problems seems to follow her everywh...
145K 8.2K 47
Aerasume is from a small primitive village on the planet Fleekopolis. Many fled there after the fall of Earth. She's simple, humble and sweet but her...
581K 30.2K 57
Lucius thought his life was over when his parents married him to the notorious vampire crown prince Dorian. Worst of all, they married him under his...
205K 8.2K 34
THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK IN A DARK PARANORMAL REVERSE HAREM SERIES. DARK= TRIGGER WARNINGS (LIST AT BOTTOM). REVERSE HAREM= ONE FEMALE AND MULTIPLE MAL...