The Outlands (Sequel to Elven...

By larkdarkchild

Attn: This book has male on male activity, abuse, and graphic scenes. If any of this is triggering for you, t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 25

17 3 2
By larkdarkchild

Makay Pov

I groaned and wiped the blood from my nose. "Again," Gran shouted.

I groaned again. "Gran, I can't do this."

"Yes, you can."

"Why do I have to do this anyway?"

"Because I won't be around forever. Someone has to take over. You're the strongest female on this planet and you have invoked the spirit with blood and still live. The Goddess has favored my decision."

I walked to her and grabbed her hand. "You're not going anywhere are you Gran."

She looked sad. "No one lives forever, muffin."

I couldn't help but feel that she wasn't telling me something. "I love you, Gran."

She kissed me on the forehead. "I love you too. Always remember that. And I'll always be here for you, watching over you all."

I was going to say something else, but she got the grandma face. That face that says she's done talking.

"Again. Your nose is bleeding because you are still seeing yourself as an elf. You need to rethink your mind set. Don't reject it. Let it take over you. It might feel overwhelming at first. It's foreign, so your instinct is to fight. But don't."

Gran and I have been going at this for a while now and I'm tired. I'm not like her. I can't do this job. My personal opinions will always get in the way. People are idiots and I have no problem telling them so. My patience is terrible, and I don't suffer fools. I've asked granny over and over if she had the right person for this. I'm trying. I really am, but I don't think I'm cut out for this. It's hard. Granny said not to tell anyone anything. So Declan is super angry with me right now. He's doubting me and the whole relationship and a pissed off Declan doesn't bode well for anyone, especially if his warlock comes out. I've told him over and over that I'm doing something with Gran and the fact that he doesn't believe me after all this time of knowing me hurts.

Once again, I tried to be one with everything. Feel all the beings around me. I tried to draw in all the powers of the Goddess. This is where it gets painful for me. My head feels like it's about to crack open. I stopped and wiped blood from my nose. "Can we take a break, granny? Please. I want to see Declan."

"Sure, but I'll let you go with this. Don't give up. You are trying to mimic me. You're trying to do what you think I would do, and you can't do that. This planet has evolved since I've been the messenger of the Goddess. Time has changed. This planet needs you and your modern ways of handling things. Do not doubt that. Do you remember how it felt when you saved those people in The Outlands? You felt like you really made a difference. Being a messenger of the Goddess is the same way. Your main objective is to leave any and everything better than how you found it and that can happen with small changes. It doesn't have to be on a global scale. You can do it sweetheart. You've been doubting yourself, but please don't doubt me. I know what I'm doing."

I giggled. "No doubt. Thanks for that granny. I won't let you down."

"I know puddin. Now off you go."

I disappeared then reappeared in The Outlands. I made my way to the front of the castle that Declan is residing in. When I made it to the front, I saw him talking to a female. My first instinct was to become possessive. But granny's voice came to me.

"Oh Goddess, I will be saying old people's words soon and being understanding," I mumbled to myself.

Declan heard me and turned his head. When he saw me his eyes turned black. He rushed me.

"Damn it."

He grabbed me. My world went black. We reappeared in the middle of a clearing.

"Where the fuck have you been," he growled.

"Declan stop. I told you I've been with Gran."

"Some place where I can't sense you," he snarled.

I got quiet. Granny has me practicing somewhere on an astral plane. I don't know where it is. I do know how to get there. I just couldn't show or tell anyone if I tried.

He picked me up and slammed me on the ground. I know I should be mad. But I'm more hurt than anything.

Declan's eyes cleared when he saw my tears. He let me go and stepped back.

"Do you even care about me? Do you care at all that I've been without you," he asked.

"Of course, Declan. I've loved you my whole life. I don't want to ever hurt you. I just have one small thing that I have to do on my own. My father said we each have our own path and we have to go at it alone. I can't fulfill your destiny, just like you can't fulfill mine."

Oh hell. I will be quoting old people's words soon.

I walked up to him. "Declan, please stop doubting me. It hurts."

"I'm insecure as fuck. I know I don't deserve you."

"It doesn't matter what you deserve, Declan. I love you. I will never want another...."

He slammed me against a tree. He kissed me. "Makay, I love you."

"Love you more. Make love to me, Declan." My world went black. We appeared in his bedroom. "I want you in The Outlands with me."

I groaned as he tongued my neck. He laid me on the bed. He removed our clothes. "Ok, Declan. I will be wherever you are. I just ask that you trust me."

His answer was to dive into my sex with his mouth. I arched and gasped. My breath left me several times. My legs started to jerk soon after. My nipples became hard and sensitive. I grabbed them and squeezed while he devoured me. In no time at all I was orgasming. He raised up. He moved his hand under my ass then lifted it up. He lined his penis at my entrance then slammed into me. His thrusts were slow and deep. He sucked on my nipple with hard pulls then rubbed his teeth over it.

"Declan." I moaned. It's been too long.

He growled. He was breathing hard against my neck. I grabbed his ass and started fucking him back. "Oh, oh, yes!" I spread my legs wider.

"Fuck, Kay, fuck."

I rolled him over. I bounced up and down fast. I gyrated back and forth. "Yes!"

He sat up, grabbed my nipples with his teeth and bit hard. He fingered my clit until I was clenching around him. He was seconds after me with a loud roar.

Afterwards. We laid in bed.

"Kay, I want you here because Shine wants to quit. He wants to inaugurate me as king of the North and Traja as King of the South, and I don't know what to do. You've always kept me on a straight arrow. I need you."

"That's wonderful, but Declan, you don't need me. This is something that you will have to go at alone. Clean up your kingdom, bring structure to The Outlands."

"What are you and Gran doing?"

"To be honest. I'm afraid she's not telling me everything and it makes me nervous. It's like she knows something is coming. It was her and my dad's idea to make sure that we can handle the kingdom if anything happens to them. I can't help but feel that this isn't a test any longer."

I gasped. "What if something horrible happens to one of them? I can't take it. And what's worse there's a war that might be coming with a powerful species. What if we fail and Fleekopolis falls."

"Shh, hey. This planet will never fall as long as it has you."

"Thank you," I said and placed my head on his chest. Afterwards we made love again then I had to go. I kissed him good-bye and left. I'm so fed up with this. Why can't we just live happily ever after.

******************************************

Declan Pov

When Makay left I got in the foam sprayer and washed. When I came out. Gran was there.

"Gran," I hurriedly grabbed a towel and covered myself up.

She laughed. "Impressive."

I blushed.

She walked into my face. She had a serious expression on her face. "How much do you love Makay?"

"More than anything."

"Enough to let her go and live without her."

"What do you mean?"

"It means that Makay needs to do this alone. She must walk this path alone and she can't do that if she always needs to come here to check on you."

"But we are mates. We need each other."

"I can fix that." She walked up to me and put her hand on my temple.

*********************

Declan Pov

I don't know what Gran did to me, but I don't feel any different. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Yeah."

The castle speaker came into my chamber.

"Sir, we have the last of Jergan's crew pinned down in the mountains. They are on the run."

Suddenly, I felt off. Down. I missed my family. I miss Mickey. He's my best friend. It feels like everyone is growing apart. I miss my sister.

"Let them run. They won't come back here."

When he hesitated, I realized that wasn't the best thing to say. But I'm not in the fucking mood. But being a leader doesn't have the luxury of convenient moods, however.

"Wait, I'll get Traja and handle it." He nodded and left. I disappeared then reappeared in front of the old South king's castle where Traja is staying. He said when he's king he's going to tear it all down and start over. I felt the same with my castle. It's too impersonal. I'm used to a nice warm loving place. My warlock scoffed and I smiled. Good. The last time he took over a whole neighboring clan was mutilated.

When I walked into Traja's dining hall he and Mencini had a line of females. It looks like they were inspecting them.

"What the hell is this," I asked.

Traja looked embarrassed while Mencini looked delighted.

"My mate wants a baby eventually so we're trying to pick the best candidate. Can you scan them and help us out?"

"Scan them, how."

"Vampires don't always have to mate to have a baby, like in my father's case with Areasume's mom. You just have to have a trait."

"What's the trait?"

"How the hell should I know, Declan. For Goddess sakes." He rubbed his hand down his face.

He glared at his mate. "Traja, please don't deny me this. You know you want one just as much as I do."

"I do. I want to give you whatever you desire, but not now when we have a global wide threat."

Mencini walked to him. He ran his hand through his hair. "Silly, silly man. There will always be problems and threats. We can't put our life on hold because we may or may not have peace one day. No one knows that."

Traja looked torn. I decided to just try. I walked past female after female. Trying to sense something different about them. Traja could smell them so I'm guessing whatever he's searching for is something he himself couldn't pick up.

There were a lot of women. Every available female so it took me a while. I refused to bring up that there are traitors heading for the hills. This seems more important.

By the time I was done I had ten women. I sent the other ones away. I touched each one on their shoulders and closed my eyes. I called for my warlock. He's the animal. The most basic instinct part of me. He can sniff out things like this.

I wasn't surprised when it was the dark one that was chosen. The dark ones are from Areasume's village. It seems they possess all the necessary traits for every mating species. I will remain silent on the matter for now. I'm sure if word got out that you can have sex with them and procreate it will mean trouble for them.

"Now that I've picked out your baby maker, can we get down to business," I growled. My patience just ran out with this shit.

"What got you growling? Is it Makay?"

"I don't know. The priestess just put a whammy on me and I'm afraid that I will forget Makay or something."

He put his hand on my shoulder. "If it's truly meant to be. Nothing she does will change that. She did the same with the king and even my father. You and Makay will get through this."

"Can you stop being a pussy and let's go handle business."

He threw his head back and laughed. "Sure. Let's go." He went and kissed Mencini.

"Where we going?"

"Jergan supporters have fled to the mountains," I replied.

"What's the plan," he asked.

"Find them and kill them."

"Wanna get Shine."

I nodded. We appeared at Shine's castle. My uncle is getting old and tired. He is rarely surprised, and all out just doesn't give a damn about anything anymore.

When we found him. He was in his comm room. He was watching holograms of my mom, Aerasume. Shine has been obsessed with my adoptive mom since I can remember. When we were young and lived with him, he talked about how honorable and noble she was. About all of her accomplishments. When it became too dangerous in The Outlands for us, he sent us away. He said Aerasume will take care of us. That she would treat us like one of her own. And that was no doubt to be true. I love Aerasume like a real mother. She's a fusser. She fusses over us all the time. Made sure I had all the love and support I needed. I've never felt like an outsider. It was confirmed when citizens started calling me prince Declan. I love her and I would die for her. Seems like I'm not the only one.

I cleared my throat.

He turned it off. He turned to us. "Jergan's crew is running. In the mountains. We're going to flush them out. Wanna come," I asked.

"Yeah, but before we do. Hold on." He sent out a comm call to all the council members. When all were on screen, he turned to us.

"I think it's time to officially announce the new kings of The Outlands. War is coming and we don't know what will happen. We want our wishes made clear. Not only us, but The Outlands have spoken. Council members, please help me appoint the king of the North and South. Congrats gentlemen and congrats to the council members. We can finally retire."

They all bowed.

"Wait, what. Retire."

"Yes, we are only council members. Once a hierarchy is chosen, we're done. We're from the previous king's choices. Go find your own council members."

I looked at Traja. Damn. It felt like we're being thrown to the wolves.

"Listen. The kings before you all had to figure it out and you will too. Take it slow. You both are from royal families so no one will question your legitimacy. You'll get there. It'll take time. Learn as you grow."

"Why does everyone keep telling us to figure shit out. What kind of bullshit is that?"

The council members went off screen. Aware of my temper by now.

"Let's go," my uncle Shine said and walked off.

I'm still a little blown by the turn of events. It's all so much and on top of that I don't know if I'll ever be with Makay. They way her gran talks, it's like she will go away. But don't they know that if Makay is taken from me what I'll do. I'd do anything and everything to bring her back to me. My warlock is itching. He's uneasy, why, I don't know. I have to constantly rein him in. He's itchy, angry and wants to kill. He wants to separate from me and come out, why I don't know.

We teleported to the bottom of the mountains. That's why I wasn't in a rush. By teleporting, we probably got here before they did. Not all in Jergan's group are magical and they especially don't have teleportation. That is mainly witches and vampire powers. Even teleporting, I don't remember this mountain being here. At least not this close to the city.

We were making our way up the mountains when Jergan's right hand came from one of the caves.

He smirked and said, "I knew you would come. You can't resist the urge to torture and wreak havoc. The Outland is ours and it's time you leave."

The mountain started to rumble. "What the hell," I stated as we were jolted and tried to catch our balance.

We were thrown backwards as the mountains turned into a beastallion. After he stood, we heard another rumble and the earth quaked. It was two of them.

"Shit," Taja cursed.

But I was ready for this fight. I've been itching for one. I turned to my uncle. "Kill those fuckers and any other of Jergan followers you can find."

He nodded and pulled out his weapon. My uncle doesn't have powers, but he's very good with fighting and weapons. I can't let him help with this. He will likely die from one blow from these creatures.

I levitated one in the air. He went up several hundred leagues before I slammed him down to the ground. He was still for the moment. I went to help Traja. It was very important that you don't let one grab you. They are huge, but very slow. Taja grabbed its arm and pulled it off. I grabbed his other arm and snatched it off. I levitated high above his head and landed on his shoulders. I wrapped my hand around his large head and squeezed until I crushed his skull.

When the other one got up, Traja turned into a thin film and projected into the beastallion's body. He blew him up from the inside. Rock pieces went everywhere.

I blew out a breath. I needed that.

Traja whistled. He looked at the one head I crushed. "You didn't come to play didn't you, nephew."

"I needed that."

"Well, what do you plan to do about them?" He pointed to somewhere behind me.

About 15 beastallions were bounding towards us. "How the fuck did they get here."

"Don't know, but maybe we're staring down the beginning of their army. We might need to call this in."

I nodded and tapped buttons on my wrist comm. When I was done, I wanted to charge in, but Uncle Traja put his hand on my chest.

"You will die. Let's create a diversion until help comes." 

Sorry you guys. I had death in the family. A sibling. I had to mourn and be there for my mom. 
Thanks for not cursing me out. I will upload 2 more chapters after this one. So. Read on. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 669 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
206K 8.2K 34
THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK IN A DARK PARANORMAL REVERSE HAREM SERIES. DARK= TRIGGER WARNINGS (LIST AT BOTTOM). REVERSE HAREM= ONE FEMALE AND MULTIPLE MAL...
16.4K 459 34
The Lycans came to earth for only one thing .. MATES. One wrong decision from Lycan king changes everything in the Lycans planet. Moon goddess Durga...
112K 4.2K 30
keaton is adopted by his big sister Luna cassie and her mate alpha kane. there father jude white was abusive towards them but mainly luna cassie as s...