What Life Holds

De Merzonalove

After Derek's death Meredith was a mess. After Arizona's Divorce she thought she'd never find love again. Bu... Mai multe

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
NOT AN UPDATE
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44

43

120 6 0
De Merzonalove

3 weeks later

Meredith was still in the hospital but was making significant progress she could sit up on her own and had started to regain some strength in her arms the fine motor skills still weren't there and she still struggled with the strength in her legs but she was getting there. Today was the day Kai was going to propose to Amelia. Meredith had asked Amelia to come to her room once her shift was over, the second Amelia's shift ended their plan started.
"Hey Mer, how are you feeling?" Amelia asked smiling as she entered her sister's hospital room.
"I'm great, but I think my bed is sitting a bit low could you possibly adjust it for me?" Meredith asked smiling,
"Of course," Amelia replied bending down next to Meredith's bed to fiddle with the controls, as she did a line of people silently made their way into Meredith room. First was Maggie who was holding both of the twins followed by Maggie and Winston who was holding scout. Richard followed closely behind along with Arizona and all four of their children. Amelia hadn't noticed them until she stood up looking at all her friends confused. Suddenly music started to play and Amelia looked at Meredith who smiled at her, winking.
The line of people parted revealing Kai standing in a suit with a bouquet of roses,
"Kai what's going on?" Amelia asked but instead of answering Kai stepped forwards passing the roses to Amelia.
"Amy my love, I love you more than words can describe. You are the most amazing partner anyone could ask for. You are the mother of our children, whom to you are the best mother in the world. So with our family here today although unconventional I want to ask you one question?" Kai said knelling in-front of Amelia as Ellis ran over passing a small box to Kai.
"Amelia Frances Shepherd, I love you so much, will you marry me?" Kai asked revealing a beautiful emerald ring.
Amelia looked at Kai for moment quickly glancing at Meredith who nodded her head, before Amelia turned back to Kai.
"Yes yes! Oh my god yes!" Amelia cheered pulling Kai into a kiss. " I love you so much," Amelia sighed hugging Kai. As the couple embraced the whole room cheered with excitement.
"Congratulations Amy, you deserve it." Addison said hugging her sister after she'd put the ring on.
"Thank you, Addie." Amelia replied beaming.
The other had began to congratulate Kai as well as Amelia and Addison talked, the hadn't really said much though when they were interrupted
"Excuse me could you please have that conversation over here," Meredith spoke, laughing "I can't exactly come join you."
"Sorry mer." Addison laughed walking over to Meredith who was sitting up in her bed.
"How long did you know Kai was going to propose?" Amelia asked sitting down on the edge of Meredith's bed as Addison sat in the chair.
"I only found out a few days ago when Kai told me the plan," Addison answered, honestly as Meredith smiled.
"Mer how long did you know?" Amelia asked
"You always said I couldn't keep a secret, but I did I've know for three weeks." Meredith replied smiling.
"What how?" Addison said,
"Well Kai first asked for my blessing but also wanted my help picking out the ring, I really hope you like it." Meredith answered.
"Kai asked your blessing?" Amelia asked smiling
"Yeah, they said they would normally ask a father figure but they couldn't do that and they said you had a falling out with your family while I was in the coma so they felt it right to ask me. I said yes of course." Meredith explained, "you'll need to fill me in on the falling out by the way" she added.
"Oh that's so sweet of Kai," Addison said, "Amy let me see the ring, I'm sure if Mer helped pick it out it's beautiful."
"It is beautiful look." Amelia replied, showing Addison the emerald ring that was in the shape of a diamond with small diamonds coming off one side. (Picture at the bottom).
"They even had it engraved look," Amelia added passing the ring to Addison, who saw the engraving inside nearly crying for her sister.
"Oi, show me what it says Kai didn't say anything about engravings," Addison moved the ring to show Meredith the letters engraved inside.
Inside the ring was engraved with four letters,
An S surrounded by a heart,
Then an F&H both enclosed the in same heart
And a C also encased in a heart but this heart had small wings.
"That is amazing Amy," Meredith said smiling.
"I know Kai is the most thoughtful person in the world." Amelia said slipping her ring back on.

Three Months Later
"Ugggh!" Amelia sighed hanging up the phone.
"What's wrong Amy?" Meredith asked, it was Amelia's day off she was trying to do some wedding planning with Meredith.
"That's the tenth venue I've called and tried to book." Amelia said flopping back in her chair.
"What's wrong with them why can't you book them?" Meredith asked, she knew Amelia's plan for the wedding she didn't want anything too big and flashy, and as fair as she knew her sister didn't have anything elaborate planned that venues wouldn't be able to accommodate.
"It's fine," Amelia answered looking back down at her list of wedding venues,
"No Amy tell me what wrong maybe I can help." Meredith said softly.
"It's fine Mer don't worry, I'll figure it out." Amelia replied again.
"Amy, I'm here and I'm definitely not doing anything let me help you, tell me what the issue is." Meredith pushed, looking at Amelia.
In the last few months Meredith muscle control had been steadily increasing she was now able to move her arms with little difficulty and she was completely able to sit up independently. The progress had brought both her and Arizona much joy as they celebrated Meredith's progress. It had been hard with Meredith still in the hospital but with still very little movement in her legs and still very little control over her fine motor movements it had been necessary although there had been more talk lately about her returning home.
Amelia looked at her sister sitting in the bed she was so proud of how far she'd come and what she'd managed to overcome. She didn't say anything but her face said it all.
"It's because of me?" Meredith asked, knowingly.
"You can't find a venue that is fully wheelchair accessible," Meredith continued, and Amelia looked at her,
"Well yes and no, it's not that the venue isn't wheel chair accessible some of them have been but the aisle isn't." Amelia explained looking at Meredith, Meredith thought for a moment before responding.
"Don't worry about that, I'll just sit in the back. I don't want to be a burden on your big day, it's your big day not mine." Meredith answered, smiling at Amelia. She'd been going to therapy regularly but she still struggled with the idea of being a burden in peoples lives.
"Meredith first of all your aren't a burden in anyway shape or form, and second I can't have sitting at the back, how could you be my maid of honour from the back?" Amelia asked smiling,
It took Meredith a moment to realise what Amelia had said but then her face lit up,
"You want me to be your maid of honour? What about Addie?" Meredith asked, knowing how strong the bond between Amelia and Addison was.
"Well I thought about it and it would be lovely to have Addie as my maid of honour but it's not what I want I want you to be. Addie is still going to be a bridesmaid." Amelia answered smiling,
"How could you want me up there on your big day. I'm not exactly what people would call attractive or nice to look at my hair is short and patchy I'm in a wheelchair for goodness sake, Amelia I promise I wouldn't feel bad if you wanted Addie to be your maid of honour don't feel you have to pick me because of what's happened." Meredith replied, unaware someone else had just entered the room
"You unattractive now why would you ever say that. You're the most attractive person I've ever met. And to talk about the points you made, your hair is lovely it's soft and a beautiful colour and I love running my hand through it," Arizona said smiling as she walked over to her wife, running her hand through Meredith hair.
"Meredith, Arizona's right plus even if she wasn't I don't care about that your my sister you supported me though everything. I want you up there by my said end of story. Ok?" Amelia said sternly but with her typical Amelia joking tone.
"Ok, thank you Amelia. I would be honoured to be your Maid of Honour." Meredith said smiling.
"Good now I'm going to try and find a wedding venue with a head on their shoulders." Amelia said smiling, before leaving the couple alone.
"I wasn't kidding about your hair I love running my hand through it." Arizona said smiling as she continued to brush out Meredith hair with her hand.
"Especially when my other hand is brushing over another.." Arizona started smirking at Meredith.
"Zona." Meredith laughed at her wife, "the door is open."
Arizona laughed before moving to sit next to her wife in the bed.
"How are you today my love?" She asked kissing Meredith forehead.
"I feel great, and I've got an idea, but I'm definitely going to need your help." Meredith said smiling.

(Photo of Ring)

(Imagine this as the engraving)

Authors Note
I really hope you enjoyed.
Sorry for the delay,
Please leave comments and idea.
Also as if you have any suggestions for future books please tell me I'm open to ideas and might possibly be starting a new story soon.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

29.1K 801 44
OC x Arizona Robbins Season 1 - ? Slow burn
4.5K 128 12
❝a broken heart is all that's left ❞...
108K 3K 130
You have a crush on the new pediatric surgeon. But you have a lot of challenges in your way. Let's see if you finally end up with Arizona. ( this is...
1.8K 48 17
Meredith and the kids move to Boston as she was offered a job to find a cure for Alzheimer's, meaning the kids have to move schools in the middle of...