Devils and Demons

By Zelegen

It's not like I wanted to be born, yet here I was. At least I had someone. That was better than most people... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 2

303 7 0
By Zelegen

I pick up my skateboard and hold it by the wheels. It shrinks so that it's a stick. Something Eyes made. Everyone thought it was a tube of sorts, but once it hit the ground it was a skateboard.

I was so dead.

I walk silently into the house and hurry to my 'room'. It wasn't a room. It was a closet. I put the skateboard into my backpack. I owned four things. A backpack, a set of clothes and a skateboard. I didn't count my knife since I hid that.

I was already struggling to walk and breathe. They were among the worst foster monsters I had ever had. I so much as breathe wrong in their presence and they would beat me.

I don't know what time it was, but I was supposed to be back a while ago. A long while ago. I lay the backpack on the wall against the door. If it was in the way, they would destroy it.

As if I summoned them with my thoughts, I hear them storm down the hall. Never a good sign since there was nothing down the hall except an empty room and my closet.

So dead. I would be so dead. The door opens and in front of me is who should be my foster mother. Truly are monsters. I would run away if I had a chance to get away.

They all made sure to beat me to the point that if I did run, they could catch me. As long as I could remember it had been that way, so as soon as the door opened, I curled up. There was no avoiding it.

The familiar feelings beg me to come. I pull on it and the next thing I know, I'm waking up. Everything burned. Everything screamed saying that it was broken.

Probably was actually.

I try to sit up so I can stand up and eventually, hopefully, leave; but it fails. My body refuses to move. It refuses to breathe properly. The feeling begs me to pull it and since I don't have anything else to do, I pull on it.

The pain becomes a numb tingling sensation. I force myself to stand. Just walk away. Walk away because otherwise they'll come back. I grab my backpack and walk out. The longer I move the less numb I get.

The pain comes up but with it the  feeling comes back. I pull on it. It wasn't the pills was it. It wasn't the pills that took away the pain. If they didn't take away the pain, what did they do?

Somehow I end up at the building. Our hide out. Hiding from life. Maybe I should tell Eyes 'n' Ears. Maybe they could kill them all. Kill them all. Kill the monsters and Devil. Devils and monsters. Shouldn't there be Demons?

Someone is snapping in my face. It takes them almost touching me so that they get my attention. I look up and see that it's Ears.  He was the assassin of the group. He could teach me. We could kill them. Live away from everyone.

"Are you okay buddy?" I hear it but it sounds so far away.
"Silent?... Silencer... Cade?"

I flinch so hard at my name. My real name. Only the monsters called me that. Most of the time they didn't actually. They called me freak or some variation. Eyes and Ears called me Silencer or something like that. Silent, Silencer, no one called me Cade.

The pain comes back in an instant and there's no feeling to take it back. Ears is right in front of me. When did he get there?

"Cade? Come on. You need to get to a hospital. Somewhere. How did you get here?"

Ears kneels down next to me. I'm leaning against a wall, and I push myself into it because he's trying to pick me up. He can't pick me up. He can't touch me. No one can.  They always hurt me.

The second he touches me the pain flares. I want to scream but my throat hurt so much. He runs with me in his arms. I can barely tell what's going on. It hurts so much. Where was the feeling? The pills didn't bring it. It just came. But it wasn't coming.

It hurt so much. Tears begin to occupy my face. It hurt so much. Where was that feeling. Why wouldn't it come and numb it all again? It always came to numb it. 

The next thing I know, I'm on a bed with things out of my arms. It hurt but not like it ever had before. Not the burning pain before and not the numb sensation from the feeling. It still hurt to move though.

I push myself to sit up. I pull the things out of my arm. It stings a little but I barely feel it. I try to move my legs, but one of them was so heavy. I move the blankets. One of them was being held down. I touch it. 
Stupid Eyes. It had his engraving.

I was stuck here until Eyes of Ears came. It takes forever, but eventually the door opens and Eyes comes in. I mean, nurses came and made me lay back down and put the things back in my arm but no one of importance came until Eyes.

"Get this stupid thing off Iver" I growl at him.

He chuckles. It wasn't the first time I had called him by his name. He knew better than to call me by my name though.

"Do you know how terrible you looked Silent?" He asks

I don't care. Get the stupid thing off me before I decide to break your camera

I sign it so fast I wonder if he knows what I said. That is until he frowns. He mutters something I can't hear and pulls out a set of keys. He knows I would break his camera.

He takes it off and I start to take the things out of my arms. This makes him stop me.
"What are you doing?"

Getting the things out of my arms Idiot.

He shakes his head. "Keep it in Silent. You were almost dead when Ears brought you in."

That would make sense. Eyes was annoying like that. Like this is the first time. I sign. Eyes shakes his head. I almost sign something else, but a nurse comes in. I stop because I didn't like signing in front of people.

Eyes and Ears were different. I had known them for years, and they shared their food with me. Which was the only time I could eat.

The nurse goes on and on about how I can no longer stay with the foster monsters I was, so the Devil was searching for a new place. That is, until they ask my name since my parents might have made a legal guardian for me.

Eyes asks her that since I was in the system if I could have a legal guardian and she said yes since they could have been overlooked. I just shake my head. I didn't want someone who should have been my parent.

Parents were literal tormentors.

When the nurse leaves I debate asking if I can go with Eyes or Ears. I could go with them for like two days and then leave. Maybe they will let me. Forget the nurse, if I went with Eyes or Ears they wouldn't let me leave. 

Before I can ask Eyes, the door opens again and the nurse comes back in with the results. I almost smile at my thoughts. I sounded so cheesy. Results.

Eyes had given her my name, so guess what she starts the conversation with.
"Cade right. Well, I just wanted to let you know that Carie won't need to find a new home me for you since you do have a legal guardian. The reason you didn't go with him  before was because it was still being processed."

I want to roll my eyes at that. Fancy words nurse lady. Fancy, meaningless, words. Now I had to go with yet another stranger.  I should've asked Eyes while I had the choice.

()

After a few days the hospital discharged me and I get to go with the stranger. I hated strangers and Carie made me move every few months. In the system, it looked like I had only moved 3 times.

I hated Carie. She looked all innocent when she was with other people. I mean, she was a social worker, but she was the devil.

Either way, now we were walking up the step of a mansion because apparently my legal guardian lived here. Must have been a maid or something because there was no way that my mother or father had friends like this.

I barely remember them. Actually, Ai only remembered my mother. She only talked about my father and a few siblings I was supposed to have.

The door opens and a very intimidating man stands there. I look down. There was no way that the devil would explain to them that I was mute. Not even she knew it was selective.

He asks her what she wants and I shiver. He could hurt me a lot more than anyone. I mean, he was huge.

The Devil tells him that I was legally his and he could send me back into the system if he wanted. I want to slap my face because she could have just called him and avoided this whole thing.

I space out so after a second we all walk in and the man calls a bunch of names. I flinch when he calls them. He was loud.

Two teenagers come out of a nearby door while two come down the giant staircase I didn't see.

I'm guessing I have 4 new siblings. I hope not. Siblings in the foster homes were torture and I'm guessing this one will be like the foster homes because this guy looks very intimidating along with most of the kids.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 159 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...
205 2 2
The leaving. It was hard, tragic , painful, yet it had to be done, I needed to save my life. I didn't want to start again, this would be the story of...
379K 8.7K 33
"What did you say?" Asher asked calmly. "I-I don't wa-" I was cut off by his loud laugh. He came behind me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Look...