M'Lady (On hold)

By bbogii_vok

~Marinette Dupain-Cheng/Ladybug x F!Reader~ Y/N Agreste, twin sister of Adrien Agreste. As the daughter of Ga... More

Some small information (A/N)
|Season 1|
Origins pt1: Stoneheart
Origins pt2: Stoneheart
Stormy Weather
The Bubbler
Timebreaker
Lady Wifi
Mr. Pigeon
The Evillustrator
Copycat
Dark Cupid
Horrificator
Gamer
Volpina
|Season 2|
The Collector
Despair Bear
Prime Queen
Befana
Riposte
Glaciator
Sapotis
Gorizilla
Captain Hardrock
Syren
Style Queen
Queen Wasp
Malediktator
Frozer
Catalyst (Heroes' day - pt1)
Mayura (Heroes' day - pt2)
Christmas special
|Season 3|
Reflekdoll
Weredad
Oblivio
Timetagger
Kitty Blanc
Félix and Stacy
Ladybug
Heart Hunter
Miracle Queen
A/N (deleted later)

Chameleon

506 22 4
By bbogii_vok

The new year has begun, and so is the first day of school. As usual, Marinette was late again, so she frantically ran towards the school.

She quickly ran through the door before Myléne's father could close it. She muttered a soft apology and then ran up to the classroom. When she opened the door, she was surprised to see that everyone was sitting in a completely different place compared to the previous year.

There were a few students who were sitting there, and there were also students who, although elsewhere, were still next to each other. The twins, for example, were sitting in the first pew and talking. Nino, on the other hand, was now sitting next to Alya on the bench behind them.

She walked over to Alya and was not necessarily bothered by the fact that she was interrupting their conversation. "Hey Alya. What's all this? Why is everyone sitting somewhere else?" She didn't necessarily mind that. She was actually quite happy about it.

Next to the twins, there was an empty seat, as the front benches were for three people. She mentally cheered that she could sit next to Y/N.

"Well, since it's a new year, that means new seating options." this sentence was somewhat similar to the statement Chloé had made to her earlier last year. In contrast, there was no ill-temper in this. "Your place is over there anyway." this time she pointed to the last bench in the row of benches by the window.

"At the back? Why? What's going on?" she inquired and leaned closer to her. "Well, since she's got a hearing issue, there's no way she could sit at the back of the class, right? Which means she needed a place up in the front." Nino explained to her.

"So, to make it work, Ivan sat next to Myléne, Nath sat next to Alix, besides she came up with the idea of ​​moving Nino here. So now we get to spend more time together!" continued Alya this time.

Marinette just looked at them confused. Who was she? Who could they be talking about? Maybe a new classmate has arrived? "Who is this 'she'?" This time she voiced her thoughts.

"Good morning students!" came the voice of Miss Bustier, who had just entered the room. "I'm sure you've all heard by now, but Lila's home from her trip to Atchoo and she's back in school with us again!" while Lila walked into the classroom next to her.

"Hi everyone!" she greeted them, and the class greeted her back enthusiastically. Everyone except Marinette because she looked a little lost. "Oh, a seat in the front row! You all remembered my hearing issue! You're such sweethearts, all of you."

She sat down next to the twins and looked at them happily. "You have a hearing problem, Lila?" Marinette asked suspiciously with crossed arms. She knew she was a liar. This is probably just one of her many lies.

"Yes, I suffer from tinnitus, a constant ringing in my left ear. I've had it ever since the sound of an airplane engine burst my eardrum on the runway when I was saving Jagged's kitten." she explained. It was too unimaginable to be true.

"Isn't Jagged Stone's pet a crocodile?" Marinette asked, hoping that would get the better of her. "Now it is, yes. But he had a kitten until he found out he was allergic to it." now she turned to the twins and crawled closer to them, though mainly to Y/N.

"The best part is, since you're such an excellent student, Y/N, you'll be able to help me catch up on all the schoolwork I messed up while I was traveling with my parents. Would you do that for me? "

Y/N looked at her slightly uneasily. Although she smiled innocently, she could almost feel that her eyes were staring into her soul and waiting for her desired answer. "Sure Lila." she mumbled and tried to lean into Adrien more.

Marinette watched this and didn't like it at all. She was disturbed by the many lies that flowed from her lips. Maybe she was a little jealous too. "Miss Bustier? Why do I have to sit in the back now?"

"Do you have any trouble hearing or seeing, Marinette?" she was a bit confused by the question. "Uh, um." Adrien then spoke. "My eyesight and hearing are good. Me and Y/N will sit in the back and you two can sit up front. I don't mind, and I don't think Y/N does either." He looked at her sister, who just nodded in agreement.

"No!" both Lila and Marinette shouted at the same time. Lila didn't want them to pass her by at all. This was the perfect opportunity for her. It seems that she had to use her more difficult, but always working, tactics.

Marinette didn't want them to sit in the back seat either. Yes, she wanted to sit next to them, though mainly Y/N, but she didn't want to have to sit next to Lila. Then she'd rather sit in the back alone.

"My return is causing so much trouble. Maybe I should've stayed on the other side of the world. If Marinette has an issue too, then I should be the one to go and sit in the back." She stood up slowly. "It's okay." She grabbed her bag as most of the class glared at Marinette.

Y/N just looked at her regretfully. She and Marinette knew very well that Lila was a liar. She was very good at this and at self-pity. Or maybe she was actually really bad at it, it was just that everyone else was a bit of a fool.

"I don't actually have any trouble seeing or hearing, I mean..." She glanced at Miss Bustier, next to whom Lila was now. "Good. So there's no problem, then! You sit here, Lila. Adrien, stay where you are and, Marinette, you sit in the back row."

Lila sat back contentedly while Marinette just watched her with angry eyes but then walked back. Y/N watched her walk over and then she made up her mind so she raised her hand.

"Miss Bustier, if you don't mind, I would like to sit next to Marinette." Lila's face turned shocked. Adrien was a little surprised, but in his head he could only support this idea. Although he wanted to sit next to his sister, he didn't want to oppose it. Sitting next to Lila probably wouldn't be the best, but she was more interested in Y/N, so maybe it would save him from more awkward situations.

Miss Bustier said nothing for a moment. "Well, I guess that's fine. Go ahead." Y/N smiled then picked up her bag and walked back.

For a moment she wondered why she had allowed her to sit next to her. After all, she didn't allow Adrien to do it first, even though she was speaking on behalf of both of them. Probably needed someone to stay by Lila's side.

While she was thinking, Marinette just looked at her with a wide open but admiring gaze. Did she really want to sit next to her? This is fantastic! Regardless, there was still something to worry about: attention. If she wanted to keep her grades up, she couldn't let her beauty distract her.

Y/N now walked over to her and sat next to her. Marinette could feel herself getting restless. She needed to calm down. If they're going to sit like this for the rest of the year, she's going to have to take it easy.

She hid her embarrassment with a smile, to which the other one also responded with a soft smile. This was enough to completely calm the anger she had felt earlier. She may have had to deal with Lila's lies, but at least she had her crush by her side. From both points of view. She was sitting next to her and she knew, she knew she was a liar.

"Open your books to page 32." Miss Bustier ordered as everyone took out their tablet.

--------------------------------------

It was currently a lunch break, so everyone was in the dining room now. Marinette and Y/N were talking to each other as they selected the appropriate food for them. Alya, Nino and Adrien were ahead of them, who did the same thing.

During their conversation, they overheard Lila talking about her sprained wrist. They knew it was just another lie. Their conversation was only interrupted when Kim reached between the two of them and took a dessert.

"Lila's totally lying. She made up her tinnitus so she could sit next to Y/N and Adrien. Although it didn't work out for her because Y/N sat in the back." She glanced at Y/n for a moment, who nodded in agreement. She was really very happy that she too knew that these were all lies. The others seemed to believe all of this. Except maybe Adrien. If it wasn't for Y/N, she might have already exploded a bit from all the lies.

"And her sprained wrist's bogus, too." she added. Ironically, her confidence grew when she knew Y/N was there, even though she often felt embarrassed around her.

"I don't get it, Marinette. You barely know Lila. Why all the hate?" Alya asked, not understanding the seemingly baseless hatred.

Marinette knew she legitimately didn't understand. After all, she didn't know the things about her that she did. She also knew that she essentially owed it to her Ladybug self to know that Lila was a liar. Although maybe she would have realized her lies without that, since just like Y/N, she doubted what she was saying from the very beginning.

"Fine. I'll tell you everything." Slightly pissed off, she subconsciously grabbed Y/N's hand, who followed without a word. Adrien followed them too, but it looked like Alya and Nino were about to walk to Lila. Adrien pulled them both back and directed them to another table.

Marinette put the tray down a little angrily. The two now gave her their full attention. "Remember when she first came to school right after the summer break? She was only here for one day, then she left on that round the world trip. Everyone was captivated by her. Something just felt off to me, so I... followed her!"

"What?!" the two were in disbelief. Even Y/N and Adrien were a bit shocked. Yes, they knew Marinette knew about her lies, but they didn't know from where. "She lies with every breath."

"Wait. You eavesdropped on Lila, Y/N and Adrien? That's not cool!" Nino said.

Y/N now turned to Marinette who felt her gaze. She was a little worried that this would change her opinion of her a little. Instead, she only felt a hand on hers. She looked up and was met with a soft look. She didn't seem angry. She felt the grip on her hand, making her face flush.

Y/N knew that eavesdropping wasn't a nice thing to do, but sometimes you had to. After all, if Marinette hadn't done it, she might not have known that Lila was a huge liar right now.

"A good reporter always verifies her sources. Can you prove she doesn't actually know Ladybug?" this time it was Alya who spoke.

Marinette now looked away from the Agreste girl and then looked towards her friend. "Well, I...um..." she couldn't tell her that she was Ladybug. "Okay! You want proof she's lying?" She grabbed a napkin and crumpled it up. "Hey, Lila! You forgot your napkin!"

She threw the napkin towards her, which she noticed out of the corner of her eye and immediately grabbed with her right hand. With the hand that is supposedly sprained. Marinette just grinned at that.

"Ha, ha! See that? It's obvious she doesn't have a sprained wrist!"

While Marinette was still happy that she had just taken her down, she didn't notice that Y/N was looking at her admiringly. Marinette...was fantastic. She was simply amazing.

Despite this, Lila suddenly moaned. "Ow!" She grabbed her wrist in 'pain'. "Once, I was in India, I-I witnessed someone getting their eye gouged out by a corner of a napkin. If I hadn't caught it, this napkin could have injured Max. I didn't have a choice."

"Lila, you saved my eye! You sacrificed yourself for me!"

"Why wouldn't I, Max? Ouch! You're my friend." Then Sabrina spoke up. "We'll take you to the nurse's office."

"Are you proud of yourself?" Mylene growled at Marinette. "Lila's in pain even more now, all because of you!" Kim also exclaimed.

"No, don't blame Marinette. She was just trying to give me a napkin. Right, Marinette?" This time she turned to the girl who was just stunned. Anger slowly overwhelmed her again, then she growled and angrily walked out of the dining room.

--------------------------------------

Y/N was now on her way to the bathroom. She wanted to make sure Marinette was okay. She had just opened the dressing room door when an angry Lila came out.

She immediately pulled her hand away to avoid being hit by the door. Lila stared at her for a moment, then her eyes softened a little. Still, she walked away.

Well, if Lila was angry, did that mean good or bad? More importantly, who pissed her off? If it was Marinette, she was only more impressed since it meant she couldn't break her.

On the other hand, if someone else did it, it couldn't have gone well. She could easily destroy that person with her lies. Hopefully that won't happen.

She went through the door, but then she saw a slightly confused Adrien. He was almost lost in thought. "Adrien? Everything okay?" The boy came out of his trance and looked towards his sister. "Y/N? Um, sorry, but what did you say? I was a little lost in my thoughts."

"I was just asking if everything was okay." she said as he nodded slowly. "Yeah, you know, Lila happened. She asked when we could help her, and then suddenly mentioned that we play the piano and that we could give her some lessons."

Y/N listened to him and felt that Lila was probably angry because of his answer.

"I told her we'd love to help her catch up on schoolwork, but we'd like her to stop lying to us. If something bothers her, she can tell us."

"I don't think anything hurts her. I think that's her nature. But why does she do this? I mean, lying." Adrien shrugged at that. He had no idea why she was behaving this way, but he would be glad to know. It would be easier to handle her.

"Maybe one day it will be clear. I'm going to the bathroom now, will you wait?" Y/N nodded in response as Adrien headed for the men's bathroom. While she waited, she leaned against one of the cupboards in boredom. Then the dressing room door suddenly opened and Lila's figure appeared.

"Hey, Y/N!" Lila shouted and immediately went to her. The girl now straightened up and opened her mouth to speak, but Lila interrupted her. "I want to apologize for all of this. I really want to be friends with you and Adrien, so I won't tell any more lies." she said, knowing every word was a lie again. Except for the friendly part.

Y/N looked at her a little suspiciously. She was glad to hear that, but a little suspicious. Why would she wants to change so suddenly? Why would she suddenly wants to stop lying? Something was wrong.

As if Lila could read her thoughts, she spoke quickly. "I know this is suddenly strange, but I promise it will be. Will you make peace with me?" without waiting for an answer, she leaned over and kissed her cheek.

Y/N immediately closed her eyes and fell to the ground. Standing in front of her, Lila now wore her form. She looked exactly like her. "Oops! I lied." she chuckled as she looked at her sleeping form. She went over and carefully placed her in a cupboard. SHe then walked out the door.

In the closet, Plagg flies to her face worried. "Y/N? Y/N!" he shouted and patted her face but got no reaction.

"Y/N?" a voice was now heard from outside. Plagg flew out of the closet and saw Adrien looking for her. He might have been able to help, but he couldn't, otherwise her identity would be compromised. He saw he look around in frustration and then walk out of the dressing room.

He flew back to the closet where Y/N was still sleeping peacefully. "If this is an enchanted sleep, what could possibly wake her up?" he wondered, then his eyes fixed on her lips. He suddenly realized something and winced at the thought.

"Oh, no! Not an enchanted kiss, please!" He continued to stare at her lips and became more and more confused. He had to wake her up somehow. "Nobody will ever know." he mumbled then flew closer to her lips as he closed his eyes.

Suddenly, Y/n slowly started to wake up and then saw Plagg flying towards her. "Plagg? What happened? And what are you doing?" The kwami ​​suddenly stopped coming towards her and his eyes widened. "Oh, me? Nothing. I...Your friend Lila put you to sleep with an evil kiss. You should be more careful picking your friends!"

"Okay, first of all I wouldn't necessarily call Lila my friend. She's actually the one who decided to choose me as her friend. And secondly she must have been re-akumatized! Plagg, claws out!"

She transformed and carefully opened the door. She looked around and luckily no one was around. She smiled and ran out of the dressing room.

--------------------------------------

Kitty Noir tried to search the city. She learned that earlier Ladybug and Lila, who was then in her form, were at the Eiffel Tower. She rushed there to look for clues, but found nothing.

She went to the people nearby and asked if they saw where they were going. People guided her in the direction of the Palais de Chaillot.

She hurried over and saw that there was Ladybug spinning the yo-yo at the park nearby. Suddenly, she saw a brown haired boy jump towards her and look like he wanted to kiss her.

She gasped in recognition and immediately jumped over. "Ladybug! Look out!" she shouted and jumped between the two. The little boy kissed her cheek and felt herself drifting off to sleep again. The little boy next to her now took on her appearance.

Now with her appearance, Chameleon took her hand and reached for her ring. Suddenly a yo-yo stopped her from doing so. She grunted and looked in Ladybug's direction.

"It's down to the two of us, Ladybug. Cataclysm!" she shouted. That was not good. She could also use her powers. This made things a bit difficult. "I'm gonna find out who you really are, Chameleon!"

"I'll find out who you are first, don't you worry!" She threw herself towards her and tried to touch her, but failed. "Too bad Kitty Noir's power is gonna destroy you!" Ladybug jumped away from her, but she ran after her and tried to kiss her.

"If you manage to touch me!" shouted Ladybug, then jumped towards the tower. The butterfly sign appeared in front of Chameleon's face. "Get me her Miraculous now!" She just grinned. "No! I wanna get her first!" she grabbed her staff and she jumped after her.

They both jumped to the top of the tower. "Nowhere to run now, Ladybug!" she grinned. "I don't intend to! Lucky Charm!" A T-shirt appeared from it. "The T-shirt?" Chameleon laughed mockingly. "That's your plan to defeat me, Ladybug? Make me dress like you? On second thoughts, such horrible fashion might actually do me in!"

Ladybug grunted and wrapped it around her hand. Chameleon charged at her and started attacking her. They jumped down and the blue haired wrapped the yo-yo around her staff and took it from her. She took it in two, but no akuma came out of it. "Failed again!" she continued to taunt her.

She continued to attack her until she suddenly pushed her back. "Cataclysm!" she shouted again and jumped on the heroine. She pinned her to the ground and immediately tried to kiss her, but she couldn't because Ladybug put her hand on her head and stopped her. She tried to swing her hand towards her, but she grabbed it with her other hand as well.

Ladybug grunted and tried to hold her back. She looked around frantically, then saw a bar below them. She saw a waitress, a clam cracker and a clam. She grinned, then suddenly removed her hand from her head. Chameleon was shocked as she did not expect such a move.

She now grabbed her hand with her other hand and pushed it to the floor. It rusted and broke under them. They fell screaming. Ladybug saw a clam near her and grabbed it with a smile.

Beside her, Chameleon scrambled up from the fall, then saw Ladybug lying on the counter. She immediately leaned in to kiss her, but instead she kissed a clam, which she now pressed to her lips.

She pulled away with wide eyes and looked at the clam that had just fallen into her hand. Her eyes widened, then she turned into a clam and fell to the ground.

In the park, Kitty Noir now got up and looked around worriedly. "Bagaboo!" she shouted, then hurried to the tower. She jumped onto the tower and saw her partner, who was now holding a clam.

"Wow, I'm impressed. You put this one perfectly, M'Lady. But we're not done yet. Where's the akumatized's object?" Ladybug smiled at the compliment and flicked her bell.

"Thanks, kitty. And I think I have an idea." she said referring to the object. "Waiter," the Waitress now stood up and cleared her throat. "if you wouldn't mind?" She handed her the clam and the T-shirt, and she took it. "Yes, Ladybug. At your service."

She cracked open the clam and handed it to her. "Mademoiselle!" Ladybug took the small black ball. "Thank you! We're about to find out what you really look like, Chameleon!"

"I have a feeling you're going to be a little disappointed." Kitty Noir said as Ladybug gave her a questioning look before smashing the little ball.

"No more evil doing for you little akuma. Time to de-evilize! Gotcha! Bye bye little butterfly!" She grabbed the T-shirt and threw it into the sky. "Miraculous Ladybug!" The damage was all fixed and the clam suddenly turned into Lila. Ladybug backed away in shock. "Lila?"

"Ladybug?" They both looked at each other as if they had seen the strangest thing. Kitty Noir found the situation funny. "At least now you can say I saved your life, for real. Truce?" she asked, then held out her hand to her.

Lila looked at her, then at her hand. She turned a little, then looked back at her with a smile. "Thanks, Ladybug." She also held out her hand and shook it. "I'd be honored to call you my friend." Ladybug was a little shocked at this. Yes, the truce was nice, but being her friend was a little over the top. Still, she didn't want it to be a problem again, so she simply answered.

"Yeah, I'm happy to hear that." She thought for a moment. "Hey, some advice? You don't have to lie and pretend to be something you're not. People will like you just for being yourself!" she said and hoped that maybe, like Ladybug, she could make her think.

"You have my world, Ladybug." she continued to smile, but her words reeked of lies. "Bug out!" they waved at her and then jumped away. Lila waved at them, but as soon as they left, her smile immediately turned into a wry expression.

--------------------------------------

At school, Marinette sat on the stairs nervously listening to Lila talk about what happened. Her words dripped with lies. It looks like she didn't succeed as Ladybug. Although, if she was honest with herself, she knew deep down that this would be the case.

Suddenly she heard Lila refer to her right ear. Now she finally caught her lie.

"Right ear? Did she say 'right ear'? This morning, she said that ringing was in her left ear! I've got her this time!" She starts to go down angrily, but a voice stops her.

"Are you gonna tell everyone?" Adrien asked, looking disappointed at the scene. Standing next to her was Y/N who was bored of all the lies.

"Course I am! Lila is-" Adrien interrupted her. "A liar? Yes, we know." He told. Marinette was glad that now it was completely confirmed that the three of them knew she was a liar. She was glad that Adrien didn't let her words sway him either.

"But will exposing her really make things better? If you humiliate her, she'll just be hurt more. Making a bad guy suffer has never turned them into a good guy." he explained.

"I think you're a bit wrong. Granted, making the bad guy worse doesn't solve the problem in most cases, but sometimes it's the only way to get her to think. Lila seems to be just like that. If only one of her lies were exposed, she would surely would think about it."

Marinette knew what Adrien was saying was true, but she agreed with Y/N's words. That's exactly what she thought. She wanted to cover Lila up so that she would finally stop. It really didn't have to be a big lie. A little is enough and people's trust is already destroy.

"I understand, but as long as we know the truth, does it really matter?" Adrien looked at both of them and waited for their answer.

"I don't think so for a while. But after a while it gets annoying. The more you hear it, the more frustrated you get and it just makes you want to cover it up. Let's just try not to ruin her first day by exposing it. But if this continues, then I will definitely support the idea of ​​exposing her." Y/N said, then looked at Marinette with a slight smile.

Marinette smiled softly at her. She was glad that they both thought the same. If not today, but one day her lies will be exposed. It was only a matter of time.

--------------------------------------

Everyone in the class now sat down in their new seats. Marinette was almost mesmerized as she looked at Y/N. She was just so charming. She could watch her all day and never get bored.

She was suddenly pulled out of her thoughts by the very girl she was admiring. "Marinette?" She raised her head and met her slightly worried face.

"Miss Bustier has called your name three times already." Marinette turned her head to her teacher in confusion. "Looks like you have trouble hearing, after all, Marinette. Why not come sit up here in the front, next to Lila and Adrien?"

Both Marinette and Lila were shocked at this. None of them wanted that. Disappointed, Marinette stood up and walked forward.

Lila watched her approach. She couldn't allow that. There is no amount of money to sit next to her. "Miss Bustier! This is incredible! My tinnitus! I don't feel it any more! It's gone! It's a miracle! It must be Ladybug's doing! I can sit in the back now."

She picked up her bag and walked back. Marinette was still disappointed. She didn't have to sit next to Lila, but then she couldn't sit next to Y/N either. She mentally cursed herself for not being able to wait for the roster to be read.

"Excuse me! Can I go and sit next to Marinette and Adrien? Nino and I can't stop chatting it up!" Alya spoke up. Miss Bustier nodded in agreement. Alya winked at Nino, who did the same, then walked over to Marinette.

"You didn't think I'd let my BFF sit all by herself, did you?" Adrien was slightly offended by this. "Um, sorry, but I'm here too." The two looked at each other and started giggling.

"Excuse me, Miss Bustier. Can I move too, please? I'd like to sit next to Nino and Adrien again." asked Y/N. Miss Bustier was a little surprised, but also nodded. Nino and Adrien looked at each other happily upon hearing this. Adrien quickly sat down next to Nino.

"Sorry, Lila. He's my brother and my best friend!" she told the girl and then walked over to the two boys.

Suddenly everyone started asking Miss Bustier if they could go back to their old place. She nodded to everyone, so after a few minutes everyone was sitting in their old places. Lila, who was looking bored, was now sitting on the side next to the door. Nathaniel sat next to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(A/N)

I don't have anything important to say, I just want to show you the Christmas drawing I made. To be honest, I haven't mastered background drawing yet, so it's pretty lame, but not that bad.

By the way, it was inspired by another drawing, so the positions are not my own idea.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19K 550 40
"The magazine that Adrien is currently modeling for, has asked that I provide them with a new medium to present Adrien in. They do not want a photosh...
204K 5.3K 26
PLEASE DO NOT REPOST MY STORY ANYWHERE. THANK YOU. Lila succeeded in taking everything Marinette held dear to her. She finally saw the class's true...
2.6K 119 11
𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗶 𝘀𝗲𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂? *ೃ༄ ❝ 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 and just like the last, and like the next...
3.1K 50 21
"No, no! Don't make me! Please!" *slap* "Listen here! I do as I please whether you like it or not, I wanna get my money's worth!" He spat *forcibl...