Harmione Love Story: Marriage...

By BiancaEvans2

A new Harry Potter Marriage law story. This time Hermione and Harry are partnered. How will they react? How w... More

Ministry Check In
Couple Weeks Later
Return to Hogwarts
Hermione's Birthday
Hogsmeade Trip
First Quidditch Match
Choosing a Pup
Masquerade Ball
Harry Meet my Parents
Hagrid Meet Taurus
Valentine's Day Proposal
Exams and Graduation
Wedding
Pregnancy and Birth
Epilogue: 17 Years Later

The Letters

905 30 6
By BiancaEvans2

(July 16th, 1998: The Burrow) Third Persons POV

"This is ridiculous, what about existing couples?" Ginny demands. She is with her family and Harry. They had just read about a marriage law in the Daily Prophet.

"It doesn't say" Harry tells them looking at the Daily Prophet in his hands.

"Wish Hermione was here, she'd know what to do" Ron mutters.

"She's just been reunited with her parents" Harry reminds him. She had found them and returned their memories. "I'm sure she'll be over for my birthday" he adds. She had promised she would be there.

"Still can't believe she is going back to school" Ron states.

"This is Hermione we're talking about, it's not that surprising" Harry tells him. Ron nods his head grudgingly. He and Harry would be starting auror training after Harry's 18th birthday. Hermione had been offered a job at the ministry also.

But she refused, wanting to finish her education first and start things the right way. As she says. Ron can't imagine why she'd want to go back to school. But then again she is not the only one returning. The Weasleys and Harry all continue to talk about the new law that has been passed. While cleaning up after breakfast. Ginny got her Hogwarts letter.

(Granger house) Hermione's POV

"Hermione dear, are you ok?" mum asks concerned.

"You look pale" dad adds.

"A new law has been passed" I tell them not taking my eyes off of the Daily Prophet.

"In your world?" dad asks and I nod my head.

"What sort of law?" mum asks me curious.

"A marriage law" I answer and dad chokes on his morning coffee. While mum drops the plate she had been drying. It shattered on the floor. I sigh point my wand at it. "Reparo" I say and it fixed itself and flew onto the counter while mum rubs dad's back soothingly.

"Marriage law?" dad asks in a hoarse voice.

"Yes, listen to this" I tell them. "Good morning everyone, it was decided last night to implement an old marriage law. In the wake of the past wars and the lose of so much magical blood. It will only be in place until this time next year, but all marriages will be magically binding and unbreakable.

Now, this will not affect everyone. Couples will be assigned at random. Only witches and wizards that are currently between the ages 17 & 25 will be affected. Once matches have been made, letters will be sent out to those involved. This should be in a couple of weeks.

I know some of you will be returning to school to complete your NEWTs. I assure you, you may finish your education before marrying your partner. But you'll need to be expecting a baby within the first year of your marriage.

We will try to pair couples that know each other. But they will be paired by a non-biased and impartial selector. With no risk for human error. All matches are final and failure to comply with the new law, will be meet with appropriate punishment.

I am sorry about this law. But know the decision to implement it was not made lightly. It was argued at great length what would be best for the wizarding community. And would provide the quickest desired results. I wish you all a good day, said acting Minister of Magic Kingsley Shacklebolt" I finish reading the article. I fold up the paper and put it down.

"But you're eighteen. Nearly nineteen and you helped save the magical world. Surely it won't include you, right?" dad asks me.

"I don't know" I tell him.

"But you're dating that Weasley boy, surely they can't break you up" mum states.

"I don't know mum, it doesn't mention anything about existing relationships in the article. I doubt the impartial match-maker has any problems separating current couples. We can only wait and see" I state matter of factly.

"So we could be having a grand-baby in the coming year?" mum asks looking mildly excited I blush. I know she's always wanted a grand-baby.

"Year and half" I correct her. "I would like to finish my education first before marriage or trying for a baby" I state.

"This is all theoretical of course, you may not be paired" dad reminds us. "Weren't you going to the Burrow this summer?" he asks. Changing the subject.

"Yes, for Harry's birthday in 15 days. He's turning eighteen. No doubt the day after letters have been sent out" I state. "I actually have to go get him a present from Diagon Alley. I still haven't decided what I'm getting him yet" I admit.

"He'll love it anyway" mum states. "Personally I always thought you'd end up with him" she adds. "He was always there for you, unlike that Weasley boy. Remember your third year?" she asks me.

"Mum, we were kids. We're all more mature now. Besides Ron and I have been dating for over a month now" I remind her. "Harry is my best friend" I add.

"Your mother was my best friend in college before we fell in love" dad reminds me.

"Harry is also dating Ginny, Ron's little sister. They've been together nearly two years" I state. Just then a barn owl appears. "It's my Hogwarts letter" I declare happily. I pull out a pin and look at it in surprise. "I've been made head girl" I tell them shocked.

"Congratulations Hermione" mum says hugging me.

"This calls for a celebration, we're going out for dinner tonight" dad states. Mum agrees. We decide to go to our favourite restaurant. While I ate breakfast, I thought about many things. My relationship with Ron, what to get Harry, about what the school year will bring without Voldemort or his deatheaters, and the marriage law. To name a few.

(30th of July)

I look at the letter, I had gotten trying to decide if I should open it. It is from the ministry. It's been fourteen days since the marriage law was announced in the paper. "Hermione" I hear a voice call and I see Harry's head in the fire.

"Hi Harry" I say, glad his present is upstairs. So he won't see it or hear it.

"Did you get a letter to?" he asks me.

"Yes, I haven't opened it yet though" I tell him.

"Me neither, nor has Ginny or George or Percy opened theirs. I was thinking, why don't we all open them together tomorrow?" he suggests. I relax.

"That's brilliant Harry" I tell him glad I won't have to open it alone or with just my parents. "I'll see you tomorrow at lunch" I state. He says goodbye and his head disappears. I then put my letter in my beaded bag.

Before going to check on Harry's present in my room. "I hope he likes you" I say as I stroke the tawny owl, who hoots softly. I know it's only been a year since Hedwig passed, but I thought it'd be easier for us all to stay in contact and the tawny will be faster then Pigwidgeon. And be able to carry any presents easier.

(Next day)

Harry loved the owl I had gotten him and decided to name him Griffon. We all had lunch, song happy birthday to Harry and he opened his presents. But now it's time to open the ministry letters. "Where's yours Hermione?" Harry asks me.

"What do you mean hers?" Ron asks shocked. As I grab my beaded bag.

"She got one to" Harry tells him.

"Impossible, I didn't get one" he retorts. I take out my letter. "Must be a mistake" he states. Eyeing the letter.

"Who wants to go first?" Ginny asks.

"I will" Percy offers and opens his. He reads it and nods. "I've been paired with a girl named Audrey Hemlock" he states. "I'm gonna go owl her" he adds and heads upstairs.

"Guess I'll go next" George says and open his. He frowns when he reads his. "I've been paired with Angelina" he states. He then left the house. Harry, Ginny and I all look at each other. Which of us should open ours next?

"Together?" I suggest and they nods their heads. I open mine and unfold the letter. As they do the same. I read my latter to myself:

Dear Miss Hermione Jean Granger, you have been paired with Harry Potter. We understand you are currently in a relationship with Ronald Weasley. But that must be ended today, otherwise you will have to face the consequences. I am sorry to break you up, but it was decided you and Harry were a better match.

A ministry official will be popping in a few days. To make sure you are following the new law. Also to ensure there are no complications. 

Hope you are well, 

Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"I've been paired with Zabini/Hermione/Harry" Ginny, Harry and I say together.

"What!?" Ron exclaims jumping out his chair. Turning red with anger. "You've been cheating on me with him? You've been cheating on my sister?!" he demands. Glaring at us.

"Of course not you idiot!" I snap.

"Ron mate, we are as surprised as you" Harry tells him. Ron scoffs and glares at us both.

"Don't talk to me ever again, we're through" he states and left. We hear his door slam upstairs.

"Honestly, you'd think he'd be more upset with me being paired with a snake" Ginny grumbles. Reading her letter again.

"I'm sorry Ginny" I tell her.

"Not your fault Hermione" she assures. "I don't blame you or Harry" she assures us.

"Will you talk to Zabini?" Harry asks.

"Not yet, I'll talk to him on the train or something. I'm sure he's returning to school" she states. "I hope you both have a long and happy life together" she tells us before leaving the room.

"Harry, how about a walk?" I ask him. He nods and we go outside. "Guess it's good I got you Griffon, we'll be able to stay in contact while I'm at school and you're training to become an auror. You also won't have to ask Ron to borrow his owl" I state.

"Yeah" he says. "This is weird right?" he asks me. While scratching the back of his head.

"Yes, a little" I agree. "But I'm sure we'll figure it out, we've been best friends for years" I state. "Would you come to my house for Christmas? So that you can meet my parents properly" I ask. He nods his head.

We then just make small talk before returning the burrow. Where we're congratulated on our pairing and I told everyone about making head girl. "Congrats Hermione" Harry says with a proud smile. I then said my goodbyes and go home. Where I tell my parents about Harry and I being paired up. Needless to say, they were very happy with the news and can't wait to meet him properly at Christmas.

A/N

Picture above of the burrow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.1K 23
{Sequel to She's Mine} Now that Draco and Hermione are married and happily married at that, a rumor has started concerning Draco and another woman. P...
18.6K 356 24
It has been a year since the downfall of Voldemort by the hands of Harry Potter. Hermione had returned to Hogwarts and completed her final year at Ho...
9.3K 106 26
Whats in store for James and Lily this year at Hogwarts? How will their relationship grow? Please read the other 3 books before reading this one, i...
82.5K 2.1K 21
Two years after the demise of Voldemort, the lives of those who had survived the Second Wizarding War become changed forever when Minister for Magic...