Hogsmeade Trip

(October 24th, 1998) Harry's POV

It's a week before Halloween. Today is the first Hogsmeade trip of the year. I'll be meeting Hermione at the three broomsticks. I've been trying to figure how to tell Hermione about Ron quitting Auror training. In way that she won't feel guilty. Maybe I'll do it after we go see the breeder about a puppy for Hagrid. Andromeda is looking after Teddy today.

Hermione's POV

Things have been going well so far. I'm staying on top of my studies, even with my responsibilities as head girl. Which just got harder as McGonagall asked us to do a ball for Christmas. Neville and I are in charge along with the prefects. Draco has been really helpful surprisingly. We settled on a Masquerade Ball, it'll be announced next week. All ages are invited.

We have the first official quidditch match of the season in two weeks. Ginny and the other captains have been training their teams hard. And have been having friendly matches with each others teams. Allowing them all to improve and train in every weather. It's been getting wetter each passing week.

Anyway, today is the first day of the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year. It feels good to get out of the castle for a while. And I won't lie. I am excited to see Harry. I've missed him and Ron. I wonder how their training it going?

Ginny and I are walking down with Blaise and Luna. Blaise wanted to meet and thank Harry. Luna is meeting Rolf at the Shrieking Shack, they were going to explore the forest together. We reach Hogsmeade and Luna said good bye before heading for the Shrieking Shack.

"Where are we meeting Potter again?" Blaise asks. He refuses to call Harry by his first name until Harry gives him permission.

"The three broomsticks, right Hermione?" Ginny asks.

"Yes, that's right" I tell her. Then lead the way. We arrive to see Harry already at a table with four butter beers. "Harry!" I cheer and run to him. He catches me and we hug each other tight.

"Missed you to Hermione" he states with a chuckle.

"Hi" I say blushing faintly and he kisses my cheek. Before looking at Ginny and Blaise.

"Ginny, how's the team going?" he asks.

"They're great, we have our first match in two weeks" she tells him.

"I'll try to make it" he states. "Blaise" he says.

"Hi, Potter. I just wanted to thank you for saving me during the battle of Hogwarts" Blaise states.

"Water under the bridge, I'm willing to start over" Harry tells him. "Hi, I'm Harry. Harry Potter" he says offering Blaise his hand.

"Blaise Zabini" Blaise says shaking it.

"I got us a round of butte beers" Harry states and we sit down. "I hear you are the Slytherin captain" he says.

"Yes, and I won't tolerate any cheating. I made it clear to my team, if anyone cheats. They are off the team" Blaise states.

"So far they've played fair in the friendly matches" Ginny adds.

"True, but the stakes will be higher in an official match. That'll be the true test" Blaise states. "Draco backs me a hundred percent on my decision to kick off any member who cheats" he adds.

"That's good to hear" Harry says with a smile.

"He and Draco have been working really hard to improve Slytherins image since the year began" Ginny tells him proudly.

"A tall order" Harry states.

"We're determined, besides gotta dream big right?" Blaise asks him. "Besides, the true test is to end the feud between Gryffindor and Slytherin. Ginny and I weren't the only pairs from both houses. We want the school to be free of the bad blood by the time our kids start" he states.

"Gryffindors are doing their part also" Ginny adds.

"I hope you all succeed, and I want you to know I support this cause to end the feud. I myself won't care what house my future children are in, even if it is Slytherin" Harry tells us.

"I feel the same way" I state. We finish our butter beers and the other two leave. "So what now?" I ask Harry.

"I thought we could go see the breeder, I got permission from McGonagall" he states. "Unless there is something you need to buy" he says.

"No, I'm good" I assure him. We go outside and link arms. He apparates us to the breeder. Who is a muggle-born witch.

"Mr Potter, welcome and it's a pleasure to meet you Miss Granger" she says. "I'm Anna" she states.

"Pleasure" I say shaking her hand. She takes us out back where we find a heavily pregnant English Mastiff. "She's gorgeous" I state.

"Thanks, she has gotten best in show since she was a pup. This is her first litter" Anna tells us.

"Will the pups be her colour?" Harry asks her.

"Not sure, you see her parents with apricot and fawn. But she has been bred to a brindle male. Who is a fully trained guard dog. So her pups could be any colour, we won't know until they are born" Anna explains.

"Which is when?" I ask.

"Her due date is next week" Anna states. "You want a boy, right?" she asks.

"Yes, if possible" Harry tells her.

"Well we can only guess the amount of pups she is having. Not gender or colour. We believe she is pregnant with six or seven pups" Anna tells us. "But I will owl you as soon as the pups are born" she states. We thank her and apparate back to Hogsmeade.

We walked around Hogsmeade for a while. Before Harry had to leave as he has a training session. Before he left, he showed me that he had gotten his drivers license. He swore, no magic was involved. I congratulated him before he disapperated. I then walked back to Hogwarts alone.

A/N

Picture above of the expectant mother.