Met Her Through The Media

By SapphireeVixenn

Nadalia Saint An ambitious, outgoing, persuading and level-heded girl attending her first years of universit... More

Meet Nadalia
Meet Dakota
*Authors Note*
~Prologue~
❦Night before
❦ Small world
❦Why are you laughing
❦Dads will be dads
❦Spark one up for friends
❦ Fox Chapter For The Books
❦That was unexpected
❦Long Saturday
❦Stomach of..Frogs?
❦No time for denial
❦Niylah the Hair-apist
❦You like Ambré?
❦So much going on
❦It was needed
❦She knows
❦Truth or Drink
❦Held Convos
❦What will this mean?
❦Just admit it
❦Pretty girls mope too
❦Bestie Time
❦Satisfaction brought it back
❦Kickback not so kick-backed?
❦One thing to another
❦Problem Solved
❦Not a Date
❦Miss Taurus
❦Avoidance
❦Standing on what?
❦In the Midst
❦Actions have Consequences
❦What a feeling

❦Miss Scorpio

507 23 9
By SapphireeVixenn

N.S

"What's up doll," Dakota greeted me with a smile and a small hug. When we pulled back from each other. I took this time to look over at her outfit.

She was dressed real casual but if anyone was to wear it, they wouldn't wear it half as good as she was.

She had on a sage green zipper fleece over a white ribbed knit sweater that was actually kind of see through since I can that her bra is black with laced cups.

As I became aware of my obvious and unneeded focus on that area of her body, I became to grow a warmth over my skin and muscles.

Don't be a creep Nadalia

I reprimanded myself as I was also thinking how so— queer that was of me. I think that's one of the first things I've done to show my attraction to women and more so Dakota. Well besides kissing her, buy you know what I mean.

Moving along and continuing my scanning, my eyes landed on the oversized beige cargos with a brown belt she had on her legs and waist and I the grey UGGs on her feet. Moving my eyes back up her body. I lastly took notice of the greenish brown trucker hat over her long and moisturized curls.

A laugh coming from the person I was discreetly admiring brought my attention down to her face with a quickness as I felt my fear of being caught morphing into embarrassment from being caught.

"You fucking with it?" She said as she began to do a small turn and bring her hands to her to do a swipe motion over the fabrics.

Most definitely was not slick in my ogling

I cleared my throat to prepare myself to speak, "yeah, yeah um— warm like that's a warm outfit," I said in response. Tripping over my words slightly as I pointed to her clothing as if she didn't know what she had put on.

Really dolly? Warm outfit?

She laughed again in more humor, "you straight?" She then questioned with a playful glint in her eyes.

"Yeah let me just— you just reminded me to get a small jacket real fast, it's kind of nippy," I giggled in nervousness as I opened the door more, "you can come in."

"Oh yeah. Real nippy," her tone oozing with sarcasm as she stepped through the threshold of my home and making her way to the living room.

I rolled my eyes from behind her as the teasing atmosphere she was slowly trying to create started to make my nerves drop.

I really can't understand how she makes me still so nervous and giddy! I never had this problem when we should answers here and there back in high school and I also never had this problem when we were first making acquaintances in college. Or did I? I don't know but it's been over a month since we've been vibing and I'm still like this. I've only seen her be nervous around me a total of three times! It's really unfair.

"Your parents not here?" She asked while looking around the living room.

Oh shit!

This is the second time I've had Dakota in the house without my parent's knowledge or even meeting her. Hopefully they're back by the time I am so I can introduce all of them to each other.

To make things worse I didn't even tell them I would even be with Dakota today, I just told them that Indiah would be stopping by and I was going to get my nails done.

"Uh no. At work but they should be here by the time we come back," I answered as I went to the kitchen to grab a water.

After I retrieved the water bottle, I began to make my way over to the sectional couch in the living room that she was sitting on.

I stood in front of her as I extended my hand that held the clear bottle out to her, "So am I meeting the parents?" Dakota questioned with her hand on the bottom of the bottle, not yet taking it from within my hold like I expected her to until I seemingly provide her with an answer.

Is this teasing or what she like to say 'fucking with you'

Ignoring the spike in heart rate I was having from her eye contact— I released my hold and stepped back a bit.

"Well they want to know who you are so I mean yeah but if you don't want to right now then like that's okay too—"

"Chill doll, I don't mind," Dakota laughed out after cutting me off.

I slightly chuckled in return as I watched her open the bottle and then decided to make my descent to my room to finally retrieve the article of clothing so we can leave.

"You're just so awkward dolly," Indiah said soon as I opened the door to my room, flinching in fear as I wasn't expecting her to literally be right up on the door.

"You fucking scared me Diah! Nosey self," I breathed out as I removed my hand from my chest and closed the door behind me.

She laughed out as she pulled at my hand to pull me away from the door, "I gotta make sure my best friend is in safe hands.

I rolled my eyes as I went to my closet to grab my black cropped puffer jacket to place over my sleeveless racerback halter tank top that I paired with a pair of black stacked lace leather pants that I paired with purple fur frenzy slides for a splash of color.

"Are you going to come down and say hi?" I turned around to question Diah who was sat on my bed looking super comfortable.

"Nah. I'll see her at school, I'll leave after you guys take off."

I frowned in confusion not understanding that but decided to leave it alone especially since I didn't want to keep Dakota waiting too long.

"Make sure to lock the door. You have the spare with you right?" I questioned as I walked over to my dresser to freshen up my kind of fading perfume.

"Duhh Dolly! You know you didn't need to ask that," Indian stated with a roll of her eyes as I small playful tugged on the corner of her lips.

I rolled my eyes at her sarcastic like tone. Me and Indian gave each other a spare house key during the third year of our friendship when both of our parents talked to each other about the trust we all share being perfect enough to ensure each of our safety.

"I know I know I'm just making sure you never know," I twirled my hand in the air as I spoke before making my way to her.

We shared a quick hug as I promised to text her when we are there as well as call her when I'm back home or if it's too late, to text her.

After that I hurriedly made my way back down and towards the living room where Dakota was sitting in the same place as the last time I saw her, but this time tapping rapidly on her phone with a furrow of focused brows plastered on her face.

She was so deeply pulled into the illuminating device that she surely didn't hear my footsteps. If she did, I for sure wouldn't be able to tell since she didn't turn to look at me or show any sign of awareness to my presence.

Feeling a bit playful after my few seconds of observation. I creeped behind the couch and towards her placement, walking very light and slow until I reached my destination right behind her head. I brought my hand from the side of my torso and brung them up and out, inching slowly towards her shoulders.

"I can feel you behind me doll," The teasing tone and tone and the unexpectedness of her voice boomed through the previous quietness of the living room caused me to flinch as my heart played catch up to my body at the sudden scare.

Dakota turned to face me with a big bubbly smile at my reaction.

"How'd you know!" I exclaimed with hand clutching my chains and fabric over my chest. Settling myself.

I'm really jumpy today my God

She started to bust out laughing as she stood from the dark brown furniture, making her tower over me by only five inches before she bent down to grab her water— owning it to take a sip to get rid of the small cough that was starting to bubble up in her throat.

"Mann Dalia I could deadass feel you behind me as well as hearing you stifling your laughter," she replied. Her smile minimizing but still holding its brightening playfulness.

I like when she smiles

I walked around the couch and stood in front of her. The coffee table in the middle, seperating us.

"You were so in your phone you didn't even hear me come down. How would I know?" I threw my arms up and let them fall back down to leather clad thighs. The light clap sound from the action could be heard.

Dakota shook her head lightly as she released an airy chuckle before walking around the table with the empty bottle— throwing it in the trash and walking by the door.

"You so silly. It's adorable," this the second time she said I'm adorable for something, "you ready?" I blinked my eye lids a few short times before nodding quickly and following her throughout the door, locking it behind me.

We made it to her car that was parked parallel on the street close by my garage's driveway in silence. She unlocked the door and we both got in our designated seats at the same time. The vehicle was warm in contrast to outside.

Good thing I did bring the puffer

She started the car and connected her phone to the radio before buckling herself in with me following suit. Not too long after that— the beginning of Brent Faiyaz new album 'Larger Than Life' began to come through the speakers. I automatically began making small movements in my seat to the beat. I haven't played the album yet due to not having time to get to it.

Dakota took notice of my little movements as she released a small laugh "this your first listen?"

I felt embarrassed that she caught me dancing so instead of verbally replying I just nodded my head in answering.

"Yea me too. We finna see what this about together then," she answered with a small smirk as she started to pull out. A small smirk playing on her lips as she started to nod her head along to the beat.

During the first ten minutes of the ride we had went through six of the songs already. We laughed and shared opinions about them each through as well as dancing as much as we can to them. I began to feel more and more comfortable as the songs were being played and our conversations were flowing. So far I decided that Forever Yours was my favorite while Dakota said that Best Time was hers.

When the sixth song was ending I stopped my movements as i wanted to talk about something else right now.

"Hey kota," I called out lightly as I turned to her a bit. She hummed and casted me a quick glance before looking back at the road.

I started rubbing my fingers up and down the fabric of my pants in a way to gather myself "how are you and Tiana anyway— i mean as in what happened after the kickback," I changed up my format of questioning after realizing that if the two close friends weren't exactly on good terms right now then she wouldn't be doing our nails.

Dakota glanced at me again for a few moments longer than the last glance.

"We good. We talked on our way back and she apologized and shit, explaining how she was just going off on me cause it was easier too. I apologized for throwing shit at her in a time like that in front of y'all and that was that," she shrugged her left shoulder.

I nodded in response to her words and said nothing more.

"Indiah good?" She questioned.

"Oh yeah she wasn't feeling him all that much anyway. She was more so upset how he tried to play her and proceeding to not leave her alone after the fact."

Okay I think I spilled too much

Dakota hummed "damn he one weirdo ass nigga," she chuckled and shook her head.

Okay maybe she don't care about that

"Yeah," I didn't know what else to say so I left it there and continued to listen to the songs on the album transition over to the next ones. The silence for the rest of the drive wasn't awkward but to me it was enough for me to realize how good I've been so far in her vicinity that I started to make myself feel awkward. Don't ask me why my brain is like this because I wouldn't even be able to tell you. I never was like this before Dak-

"What's up with you and that business class? I remember you was stressing about it and your career choice," Dakota ended up questioning. Breaking the silence and my internal thoughts abruptly.

I didn't answer right away as I was shocked at her questioning me that. It felt so long ago and for her to even have that wondering around her head made me warm a bit. Especially when I looked towards her to see a scrunch in her brows. Displaying her concern and actual care about it. The time in my silence and lack of word was used up with me appreciating and taking in Dakota and her question as well as coming up with an answer to fit best.

"Thank you for asking Dakota. It's been so long since that conversation it feels like— but I decided to not give up on it. As you said nothing comes easy so I'm going to keep high spirits and work hard, even though the homework and exams are a bitch!" I groaned out, running my hands my cheeks. Just thinking about the class caused me immense stress knowing that I have a presentation due next Monday.

"You don't gotta thank me for wondering about you doll. I'm glad you not giving up though, it seems like it's really serious for you and it'd be fucked up if you put in all this work to not follow all the way through," she spared me another glance. This one being longer than the other two combined that I was worried that her lack of attention on the road may be dangerous.

I think she sensed my unspoken words on my face as she turned back towards the road ahead "if you need me to take an exam for you I got you but you gonna have to pay me a fee."

Her voice went from serious to lightness as I watched her hold back a grin with her top teeth holding her bottom lip before letting it loose. The glossy flesh bouncing a bit as it was released.

Noticing my all too well observation of her lips, I snapped my head to look straight ahead as I began to play with my piercing. Hearing my picked up heart rate in my ears.

I cleared my throat as I realized I haven't replied yet to her last words "and what fee is that?" I asked as well as scolding myself for tripping over my words.

She sucked her teeth slow and drawn out as she rubbed at her chin. She was definitely playing like was in deep thought.

"Maybe another one of those little Miss Scorpio kisses."

Soon as the words escaped those lips I was just focused on not so long— I thought I was going to throw my heart and stomach up at how fast it was beating and how hard them frogs were jumping in it.

I heard Dakota small chuckle at my reaction to her words as she awaited if I would say anything. If this was any other time I would've been as quiet as the touching of my top and bottom eyelashes, but I felt if I kept silent then maybe Dakota would think I was uncomfortable and I wasn't. Just nervous and wasn't expecting that, I wasn't use to this type of more I guess intimate boldness. I almost forget how we both actually like each other.

"We'll see," I muttered in response as I turned to look out at my window. My hands were shaking so bad I had to put them under my thighs to suppress the nerves spiraling in them. I didn't want to see the facial expression she was carrying with that and I didn't want her to see my flustered one.

"I'll hold you on that," she said lowly with another chuckle. Before I could say more or change the subject, we were pulling into a neighborhood that I could pinpoint to be Tiana's.

Thank God I don't how longer I could've handled being in this car with her!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 1.2K 19
TROPES~ • Friends To Lovers • • Slow Burn Romance • • Love Triangle • • He fell first, she fell harder • A Teenage girl, Vinaya loves reading books...
165K 8.3K 33
**Book 2 Is now out! Title: The Wolf Without! Check out our profile to find it!** This story is told in two perspectives; Dakota was a normal woman...
258K 8.5K 16
Two girls, two different walks of life, one love story. Dakota Springson was a princess. Not an actual princess, but you know the type. Rich parents...
251K 10K 47
• English • half/closer - Hilary and Khloe ❝ Everything you've ever wanted is on the other side of your own fear, under the sea of your limitation an...