.INDOMITUS. | Jacaerys Vel...

By Jammydodger213

Indomitus~ untamed, untamable, fierce ReWrite of my story "Queen of the Ashes" "In the year 114AC, Princess R... More

Character introductions
Prologue
Chapter One: Spools of Green, Spools of Black
Chapter Two: Endings and Beginnings
Chapter Three: Driftmark
Chapter Four: Driftmark II
Chapter Five: Velaryon Twins
Chapter Six: The old, the Brave, the true
Chapter Seven: To Kings Landing, then?
Dreams, Prophecies or Madness?
Chapter Eight: The Pearl of Driftmark
Chapter Ten: Family Reunion ||
Chapter Eleven: Lord of the Tides
dragon dreaming or dreaming of dragons?
Chapter Twelve: Warden of the North
Chapter Thirteen: Twin Talks
Dreaming or Hoping?
Chapter Fourteen: calm before the storm
Chapter Fifteen: A Dinner To Remember
Chapter Sixteen: Rise of the Greens
Chapter Seventeen: The Queen That Never Was
Chapter Eighteen: Traitors to the Realm
Chapter Nineteen: The Black Queen
Chapter Twenty: The Dragons

Chapter Nine: Family Reunion

1K 44 0
By Jammydodger213

{The next day}

"Are you sure you're ready for this sister?" Baela asked as she helped Rhae to dress. Despite the three women flying in to advocate for Jacaerys, Baela and Rhaenys the Younger wore dresses of Velaryon blue to support their house.  Baela had claimed her sister looked just like the Conquerer's sister. "I will be with you and Grandmother" Rhae replied, placing her father's ring on her finger. A simple black pearl wrapped in silver, but worn every day since losing Laenor. A gentle knock at the door snapped Rhaenys out of her trance and Baela called for the person to enter. "Rhaena" Baela gasped, running to her twin sister and embracing her tightly. The Dragon Twins reuniting warmed Rhae's heart, and she hoped her reunion with Jace would be as sweet. "Rhaenys, you look well" Rhaena said to her, unsure of how to approach.

Rhaenys and Rhaena had had less time to bond as the former with Baela, Rhaenys leaving for Driftmark as soon as her mother remarried. "No need to be so formal, come here sister" Rhae smiled and opened her arms for her younger cousin, closing her eyes as she felt Rhaena physically relax. Baela watched her sisters hug, and felt happier than ever. She and Rhaena had shared a womb, and a childhood, their bond was incomparable. And Rhae shared her adolescent years, and had been the sister she never knew she needed. Rhaena was the dawn of the day, Rhaenys was the dusk of the night.

"When did you arrive?" Rhae asked as they separated, leading Rhaena and Baela to sit on her bed. The three began to talk as though they had all grown up together, gossiping about Driftmark and Dragonstone smallfolk, discussing Rhaenyra's newest pregnancy, and dragons. "Where is grandmother? I wish to see her before the council" Rhaena asked. "The gardens, would you like us to accompany you sister?" Baela responded, standing to brush down her dress. The two women did the same and all began to walk to the door. "Thank you, but there is no need. However, Rhae, your mother wanted to see you" the woman in black said. Rhaenys groaned slightly and sighed. "Hopefully it is just she who wishes to see me" She pursed her lips, flashing an apologetic smile to the Dragon Twins afterwards. "I'll come with you to the Gardens, Rhaena, I could do with some fresh air" Baela decided as the three Valyrians left the chambers. "We'll catch up with you before the council, sister. Be nice" Baela warned Rhaenys just as they walked in opposite directions, Rhae towards the princess's chambers and the Twins to the Gardens.

~~~

Rhaenys was quiet as she walked through the Red Keep, deep in thought. What would she say to her mother once she saw her? Would Daemon be there? She shuddered at the thought of seeing her father's murderer.

She snapped out of her thoughts as she saw Helaena approaching from the other direction. Rhaenys always remembered her aunt fondly, if not just a bit weird. Her aunt had changed drastically however since her marriage to Aegon, she was paler and seemed like an echo of her younger self. "His name is death" Helaena whispered as she passed Rhae, causing the younger woman to turn around. "A name is but a cloud upon a summer wind, good aunt" Rhaenys called to the gold haired princess, and Helaena stopped to turn with a shocked smile on her face. She once again approached her niece and Rhaenys held out her hand for the woman, who took it tightly. "But the wind is felt most keenly in the dark" Helaena spoke more confidently as Rhaenys encouraged her. 'She may be weird, but even the weird need to be heard' Rhae thought.

"But what is the dark? Other than an omen of the sun" if Helaena felt the need to speak in riddles, then Rhaenys felt the least she could do was the same. Her aunt had a shine in her eyes, and squeezed her hand. "Every sun must set, good niece, and the son and the daughter of the father must rise" Helaena suddenly let go of Rhaenys's hand and walked off once more, not looking back. Rhaenys bit her lip and thought of her aunts words as she continued on to Maegor's Holdfast. 'The son and daughter of the father must rise?' She pondered on mostly.

~~~

Eventually the Pearl of Driftmark found herself stood outside her mother's chambers in Maegor's Holdfast, hesitant to open the door. She knocked thrice gently and waited for her mother's voice before entering and shutting the door quickly behind her. "Mother?" She called out, walking deeper into the room. "In the bedroom, sweet girl" Rhaenyras voice responded. Rhaenys made her way there and stopped by the door to observe the scene in front of her. There stood her mother, her brother Joffery, two handmaidens and two silver haired children.

Rhaenys walked over to Joffery first, greeting his wet nurse with a smile. She sat down next to him on the floor and the young Prince paused playing with his toy dragon. "Hello Joffery, I'm Rhaenys, your big sister. I don't expect you to remember me, you were just a babe when I left" Rhae gave the young boy a warm smile and tried her best not to look scary to him. She was shocked when Joffery launched himself into her arms and hugged her tightly. "I know, Jace and Luce talk about you all the time. You're really pretty" She hugged the boy back just as tight and felt a genuine smile on her face. To know that even though he didn't remember her but he knew about her was enough to bring a slight tear to the Princess's eyes. "Thank you, Joffery, you've grown into a handsome young Prince yourself" She said, ruffling his brunette curls.

"Rhaenys" Her mother called for her, and so Rhae stood with Joffery next to her. Her little brother grabbed her hand and looked up at her adoringly, bringing the woman such joy. Rhae turned to face Rhaenyra and gave her a curtsey. "Mother, pregnancy agrees with you" She said as she watched her mother caress her belly. Rhaenyra held her hand out to her daughter and gestured behind her. "There's someone who wants to meet you, my Pearl" Rhanys took her mother's hand and was led over to the two silver haired children. "This is Aegon" she stroked the toddler's hair and cooed at him. Rhaenys smiled and placed a kiss on the boy's head. "And this is Viserys" Rhaenyra handed the baby to Rhaenys and she immediately began to bounce and rock the child. "Hello Viserys, Aegon, I'm your older sister" Rhae spoke softly as to not alarm the younger children.

Rhaenyra stared at her daughter holding her youngest son and thought of herself. "You look just as I did when you were born. So young and yet motherhood comes naturally to us" She commented and Rhaenys looked from her brothers to her mother. "I knew you would be a good mother, from the moment you held Joffery in your arms as a babe" She continued stepping closer to her. She placed a warm hand on Rhae's cheek and watched her daughter relax her face into her hold. "I meant what I said, mother, that pregnancy agrees with you. You seem happy" Rhaenys murmured with her eyes shut. "I have missed you so, my sweet girl" Rhaenyra whispered and placed a gentle kiss on Rhae's forehead.

"I have a feeling you did not only summon me in order to reunite, mother" Rhae mused, placing baby Viserys back into his crib. Rhaenyra sighed and gestured for her heir to take a seat, slowly taking one herself. "There are a few matters I wish to discuss with you, dear girl, you're right" Rhaenys sat opposite her mother and began to fiddle with the Pearl ring on her finger. "The first is about today, the Driftwood Throne" Rhaenyra started but was cut off by her daughter. "You need worry not, mother. Grandmother, Baela and myself are here to advocate for Jacaerys. He will be a good Lord of the Tides" Rhaenyra slumped back into her chair with relief at the news causing Rhae to giggle. "I am glad for it, thank you Rhae. The second, however, I feel you will not be as confident".

Rhaenyra leaned forward and took Rhaenys's hands in hers. "You are of age now, and whilst you were taken to ward by your grandmother all letters of betrothal were sent to me. Your betrothal to your uncle, well, that obviously isn't happening" Rhaenyra's thumb rubbed Rhae's knuckles soothingly as Rhaenys attempted to keep a neutral face. "I never wanted to use you as a means for alliance, Rhaenys, you must know this" Rhaenys took her hands back and placed them on her lap. She remained stiff and neutral as she spoke to her mother. "I understand our need for allies, your Grace, and as a woman of age it is understandable I am to marry" She spoke carefully and tense. "There will be those who oppose your ascend to the throne, and subsequently mine, it is necessary"

"Who, may I ask, have you chosen for me?" Rhaenyra was torn between pride and shame. The pride of seeing how professional her Heiress had become and how well she was taking the news, and shame because of what she was doing. "Lord Cregan Stark, the Warden of Winterfell. He is the closest to your own age, and has recently lost his wife to illness" Rhaenys raised a brow. Her mother had clearly attempted to do right by her, and for that she was grateful, but a part of her had hoped she would wed her twin brother. "Thank you for your generosity, your grace. Will that be all?" Rhaenys stood from her chair and walked to kiss Joffery farewell.

Her brother hugged her tightly and made her promise to visit him. "Your stepfather and I have arranged for you to stay in Winterfell after this is over. To give you some time to get accustomed to the north and your betrothed" Rhaenyra stated, attempting to get out of her chair but struggling. Rhaenys walked over and gently helped her mother stand before striding to the doors. "That murderer is not, and will never be, my father" and with that, the Pearl of Driftmark stormed out of Maegor's Holdfast with the door slamming on her way.

~~~

{A/N: Merry Christmas to you all! I wanted to show some different sides to Rhae and other characters and how they interact this chapter :) also, the first mention of Cregan! I can't wait to share what's in store for the Pearl of Driftmark;) }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 265 7
✧・゚: ✧・゚: 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙤𝙣 | ❝ Anyone can be your worst enemy, even your own mother. ❝ In which Meriahnya Velaryon the eldest daughter of Rhaenyra Targ...
746K 36.4K 56
❝. Aemma Velaryon, the trueborn princess of Ser Laenor Velaryon and Rhaenyra Targaryen, rider of Seafyre, true lady of the tides. Her veins are of sa...
12.1K 341 11
Rhaella Targaryen was born in Pentos in 117AC. She is the youngest daughter of Daemon Targaryen and Lady Laena Velaryon. The strange one, they called...
392K 12.6K 81
𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐎𝐍 "𝑴𝒂𝒅𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒊𝒏. 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊...