My Brother's Quarterback {SLO...

By ZaMahj

"jalen we cant" I breathe out as I unattach my lips from his. His thick eyebrows furrow in confusion at my st... More

Prolouge/ Character Introduction
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
NOT AN UPDATE! BUT ITS A THANK YOU
Chapter thirteen

Chapter seven

811 35 10
By ZaMahj

Imani pov

My hands are becoming sweatier and clamier the longer Jalen and I wait to see Howie. I've never offically met the man but he seems to be a nice person. Small white men typically are.

My fear is at an all time high when I hear the door creak open. Looking over at Jalen,he seems calm. Too calm if you ask me. He's been in worse situations tho.

"Hey guys cmon in." Howie says gesturing us into his office. I release a big breath before getting up and walking into the space. When I walk in I see various eagles related things, which makes sense,he is the general manager after all.

my manager is sittin in a chair next to his wooden brown desk. She gives a sweet smile. Im very confused right now. I'm getting happy,your not in trouble vibes,so if thats the case then why are we here.

"have a seat  guys." Howie says walking over to take a seat in his large chair. Jalen and I trade glances at each other before take a seat.

"how are you guys this morning?" He asks looking at both of us. I go to open my mouth before Jalen speaks up,

"good and confused." Howie glances at me and I nod my head in agreence with him. He sighs sadly before looking down at his desk and back at my manager.

Her name is grace. She's really sweet,always willing to answer questions and always texts back. I rarely see her at pracitces. I mainly see her at games and events.

"Now let me prephase this by saying,we don't care what you guys do in your personal and private lives outside of being here." I look out the side of my eye at Jalen whos face looks just as confused as me.

"we also don't care if you guys are in a relationship. We just ask that you inform us before were blindsided like we were this morning." This time I completly turn my head in jalens direction. He lifts an eyebrows super confused.

"blindsided by what exactly?" I ask my manager. She grabs her phone and hands it to me. My eyes widen at what I'm seeing. I cover my mouth in complete shock at what I'm seeing. Jalen leans over to see what I'm seeing.

#TSR Baewatch!:

It seems Eagles QB Jalen Hurts sadly isn't single. On Saturday night a bombshell beauty who's name is Imani Smith let the world know with a mirror selfie of the two with the words "Pregame dinner with this one".

If that last night sounds familer it's probably because she's the younger sister to wide-reciver Devonta Smith,who also plays for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Speaking of the Eagles, Imani is a member of the teams social team. Fans have pointed out that the only videos Jalen participates in are when Imani is behind the camera.

This isn't the first time the two have been spotted together. If you all recall Jalen and a mystery girl we seen at the King of Prussia mall walking around shopping. Jalens arm was seen around the girl shoulder multiple times.

We never got a clear look at the girls face but her body and skin complexion match Imani's to a T!

Were not entirely sure how they met but we put together 3 possible situations.

1) Both are Alabama Alums. Jalen was there from 2016-2019 before transferring to Oklahoma for his final year. Imani being there 2018-2022. Graduating earlier this year with a degree in communications and minor in Computer Science.

2) they met this year when she became a member of the Eagles social team.

3) Met through Devonta. He is a common factor in this. His college quarterback and his little sister. Now his NFL Quarterback and his little sister.

Neither Jalen or Imani have commented on the situation as of yet but we will keep you guys posted as updates happen.

I click on the comments to see what people have to say. Not that I should care but my curiosity is getting the best of me.

user: at least she black. Thats all that matters tbh

user2:She's pretty, educated, and a fan of the birds? Shes ok in my eyes.

User3:Since no one will say it I will. I find it strange that she didn't post anything about him until he signed that contract 👀. Now she wants to post him convienet.

user4: I wonder how his ex- girlfriend of 6 years feels about this.

user5:they haven't offically confimed anything. Has anyone thought that maybe the two are just really good friends!!

User6:she kinda fat

User7:she not that pretty. She looks a man lol

user8:seems like she only works with the Eagles because of her last name.

User9:she wore that to a team dinner? Ugh she's such a slut

"what da'hell?" He mutters grabbing the phone from my hand to get a better look. I run my hands through my hair and let out a large groan while staring at my shoes. Tears swell up in my eyes as I think about the comments on the post and what the girls were saying about me a few weeks ago.

I get out and storm out the room fumming. I don't understand why people believe they can say what the hell they want about me . From a fucking photo! and to make matters worse Jalen and I arent technically dating. whatever were doing is fresh too. From what I observed from celeb couples, the press finding out about a relationship too early can ruin their relationship before it starts.

I don't want to lose Jalen. He's the best thing that has ever entered my life. I'm falling for him more and more everyday and I don't want this to ruin anything.

"there you are." I turn and see jalen walking down hall to me. I cross my arms and sniffle some tears away. Once he's close enough he wraps me in his arms and presses a kiss to the top of my head. I melt into the hug,enjoying the moment.

"i didn't mean to storm out..."

"shh" He says pulling back slightly to look down at me. I look up and he presses a quick kiss to my nose making me giggle. He smiles brightly at my laugh.

"its fine. I explained to them that were not exactly dating....yet." My ears perk up at the word Yet. I decide to have a little bit of fun.

"yet huh?" I ask untangling myself from his hold. He squints his eyes down at me before wrapping his arms around my neck.

"yup."

---------

The day is here.

The Eagles vs Cowgirls game.

I said what  I said.

I see both Jalen and Devtona walking into the stadium. I grab my phone and video the both of them walking. I quickly tag the two before posting it on the eagles ig story.

"yo!" I hear someone shout. I turn around and see Devonta and Jalen both walking towards me instead of into the faclitly.  I get a closer look at their outfits as they make their way in my direction.

Devonta is wearing a black suit with a pin that says DS. I got him that last year. I'm glad he's finally wearing it because that shit wasn't cheap.

Jalen is wearing a white graphic T-shirt of Micheal Jordan. With a pair of tan jeans and red shoes. He's wearing his Breed of 1 chain and gold watch as asserories.

damn he looks fine.

When they get closerJalen looks uncomfortable and nervous.

"whats up?" I ask looking around to make sure no other player is walking in.

"you two." Devtona says causing me to look in his direction. I peek over at Jalen who pretends to crack his neck before shaking it no. That lets me know devonta doesn't any thing.

"nigga what you talkin' bout?" I ask focusing my attention back on my job. De rolls his eyes.

"tell me the truth striaght up. Are yall two dating?" Devonta ask the question to both of us but looks at me. Meaning he expects me to answer.  I slightly bite the inside of my bottom lip. I don't want to lie to my brother at all. But I also know  how he is when it comes to my boyfriends. Now imagine that but with his best friend. I can't have them having an problems.

"no were not." I say looking him dead in the eyes. He looks back,silent before opening his mouth to speak.

"so the stuff on the shade room....explain that shit" He asks looking at Jalen this time.

"we need outfits for the dinner so we went to the mall. I made a joke,she acted like I hurt her lil' feelins' so I put my arm around her saying sorry n shit." Jalen says. I shocked at his response. It's like he rehersed what he'd say if he was ask. Should I be concerned at how  believele that was?

well come back to it.

"and the ig post?" he asks looking at the both of us.

"it was just a photo. Red heart for out clothes and eagles cause well duh." I say explaining.

"and I already explained to you why we went together man." Jalen adds on. Devonta looks between us before sighing.

"ight guys. I'm sorry for coming at yall necks like that. I just don't my lil sister dating one of my teammate and best friends. I'm coo' with yall living together because I know you wouldn't make a move on her without telling me about it first. I trust yall." He says dapping Jalen and hugging me before walking into the building.

Guilt starts to fill my body.

"jay..."  I say pouting up at him.

"stop pouting look,we technically didn't entirely lie." he says looking at me. I kiss my teeth and roll my eyes.

"if he would've asked us if we kissed what would you have said?" I ask him quietly so no unwanted ears can hear us.

"I don't know man. Lets just be happy he didn't ask ight'?" I slowly nod my head still feeling bad.

"he said he trust us! He said he doesn't want us together." Jalen wraps me into a hug holding me tight before letting go and putting some space between us. He puts his hands on each of my shoulder.

"look this is out bussiness ight'? Ours not his. If it comes down to having to tell him the truth then we will. But right now were...." He trails off trying to think of something to say.

"talking?" I suggest.

"nah that sounds too college and we too grown for that." I giggle.

"chillin?"

"nah that sounds sexual." I can't help but laugh at his goofy ass. He knows how to make me laugh even when I don't want to.

"were seeing if there is something there to explore." He says brining his left hand to the side of my face,rubbing his thumb across my cheek.

"there is and you know it." I say avoiding his eyes.

"I know and thats scary." He sighs before dropping his hands from my body. He's right. Falling for someone is scary. You never know how it's going to end.

"meet me on the field after we win?" He says pulling me into his arms for one more hug.

"confident are we?" I ask into his chest.

"i prefer cocky." He says unwrapping his arms from around me and walking into the building.

--------

I'm on the field getting some pre-game content of the team for socials. I got a few videos of them warming up and them meeting some fans.

"Hey mani!" I see grace running up to me. I smile at her when she's close enough to see it.

"can you take the speech video?" I nod my head and walk over to Jalen. He tilts his head in confusion.

"I said after we win." He says holding his helment and twisting his mouth up at me. I roll my eyes playfully.

"I have to get the speech." he nods his head. I hit record and take a few steps back to get a good angle. He sends me a wink before scaring the shit outta me.

"aye yall check me out! Check me out!" I jump slightly hoping it wasn't entirely noticeable on video. "dont nothing nun else matter than this shit!" great now I gotta edit his cussin out. He such a sailor. " We not gone let these niggas come in our house and beat us! Other teams might but not us." A few players yell 'yea' in agreence to what to what jalen was saying. "lets whoop they ass and go home." He says holding his hand up. I laugh quietly at him.I always like when you can see jalens personality. He doesn't show it as often anymore but when he does it's adorable.  "Birds on 3...1..2..3!"

"BIRDS" The whole group yells before breaking apart. I stop recording and open capcut to quickly edit the video before uploading it on instagram.

"Remember what I told you mama." Jalen whispers in my ear before walking away to go do this entrence. That sent chills down my entire body. I fight the smile making it's way to my face to avoid anyone saying anything to me. The power this man has over me is insane.

--------

The Eagles end up winning 26-17 Meaning the eagles are now 6-0. A close game but not really. As I was told I need meet on the field. I give him my phone

"Hey yall. We got dub and home feels good and it feels good. 5-0 was great but 6-0 got a better ring to it. Go birds." He hands me my phone back and I end the recording. I run to the tunnel the guys into to get some videos of them.

I see devonta and Jalen talk about something before running full speed into the tunnel and jumping while screaming with smiles on they face. I smile at the two. They are always silly and goofy with each other and it's adorable. I'm happy my brother has someone like that in his life.

"best win so far!" Devonta says ruffling my hair as he walks past me. I laugh at him and fix my hair so it's not that insane.

"told you we was gonna win!"

I smile when I see Jalen walking towards me. His eye black is stained going down his face. He smiles brightly walking towards me. He wraps his arms around my small frame. Before  I know it he lifts me off my feet and spins me around.

"Jalen put me down." I giggle out. He places me down and kisses my forehead. I smile up at him before relazing that were the tunnel and fans can see us. I take a step back from him and nod my head in the direction of the tunnel entrance. He turns his head to look in that direction.

"scary..." He mutters causing me to hit his shoulder which he didn't feel because of his pads. "um...ow?" He says biting his lip to stop himself from laughing.

"it's not funny." I say fake pouting and crossing my arms. "your going to get us in trouble." He opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted before he can. Coach sirriani comes up behind Jalen and slaps his shoulders and hugs him tightly.

Jalen and him have a great relationship. Reminds me of a father son type. I know Jalens dad was his coach in highschool and although it was benifital it had to have been hard. Imagine having to ride home with the man who just screamed and cursed you out. Must've been rough. Although Jalen doesn't mind getting yelled at,he doesn't love it either.

"great job kid! Thats what  I'm talking about!" He says before noticing I was standing there.

"I'm sorry were yall have a moment? Did I ruin it?" I laugh at his sillyness. One thing I've always liked about him as a coach is how fun and easy going he is. He's serious when he needs to be but always allows his team to feel safe around him.

"nah we was just talking." Jalen says looking down at his feet. Siranni gives him a "yeah bullshit." Look before saying,

"if yall don't want people to know your together then don't do cute shit where people can see you!"

--------

Unedited💕

I think I'm getting sick or it's my allergies 🤷🏽‍♀️

I didn't update cuz I was kinda sad how the season ended😭

Since no one else will say it I will

FUCK THE CHIEFS!

They always in the damn Super Bowl and it's so annoying bruh. The nfl think Patrick Mahones  is gonna like tom Brady and that's why they never get flags n shit. But when they do he wanna cry like a baby🙄 fuck outta here with that.

Anyways back to the book lol

Any Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote, comment n share🤎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
2.1K 98 24
"I hate you so much! why are you even like this? ughh, I just can't stand you!" he yelled, it actually hurt me. for the first time, he was rude -as a...
73.8K 1.6K 46
❝𝙎𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣'𝙩 𝙚𝙭𝙞𝙨𝙩.❞ I finally snap, this whole time I thought it was in my head but I was wrong. Eve...
150 12 14
Mature, fifteen year old Carmen receives an unexpected surprise when she finds out her close friend - tall, grey-eyed, Josh - likes her. Despite the...