[Shadow Sovereign's Second Tr...

By PyroSaiyan

A young Tarnished of no renown, (Y/n), succeeded in his journey. He was granted the opportunity to be the ne... More

The End
Limgrave - 1
Limgrave - 2
Limgrave - 3
Limgrave - 4
Godrick, the God of Grafting
Roundtable Hold - 1
Roundtable Hold - 2
Caelid - 1
Starscourge Radahn, the God of Gravity
Caelid - 2
Transitionary - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 1
Rykard, Godly Hydra Apophis - 2
Transitionary - 2
Transitionary - 3
Transitionary - 4
Malenia, the Blade of Miquella
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot
Malenia, the Sovereign of Rot - 2
Transitionary - 5
Home - 1
Mohg, Lord of Blood
Status of the Lands Between
Home - 2
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 1
St. Trina's Dreamworld - 2
Finale - 1
Finale - 3
Finale - 4

Finale - 2

1.2K 45 3
By PyroSaiyan

Here's the next chapter out of the finale chapters! I'm keeping myself on the move here because I'm really aiming to finish this out soon!

I don't have a question for this chapter, but I hope you all enjoy it.

-----

The weight of Godwyn, Eclipse, and the Gloam-Eyed Queen's power was unbearable, but (Y/n) still managed to keep his mind intact. If the full weight of his opponents' will fell on him, he doubted he'd be able to think at all.

Although the ability to think was far from the most reassuring ability to have, he managed to keep a somewhat level head and think about his main problem rather than everything that surrounded it. He was being forced down, and until that was solved, he couldn't do anything to help Malenia, Amon, and Zaki.

'This weight is ridiculous...! Are my own powers being used against me? Do these three have enough influence to use my own divinity like chains? Is... is this what it's like to be one of my Shadows? It's just a ridiculously immense will slammed against mine, and I have to follow the orders...! Is this... okay?' (Y/n) pushed the thoughts from his mind. 'No, I can't think about that! Whether or not I'm in the right isn't important right now, I have to survive this! If I'm being pushed like this because of my powers... then....'

A bolt of insight struck (Y/n), and his Umbral Robes suddenly slid from his back and into his palm. Power fled from his body, as the dagger form of Legacy appeared. However, as the power of the Shadow Sovereign left (Y/n)'s form, the weight and order imposed on him faded.

'I'll just give them up...!'

As a result, all the power of the Darkness was left in one hand, keeping (Y/n)'s hand connected to Legacy with the Umbral Robes as bandages. Without the immense weight pressing down on him, (Y/n) rose to see what was happening.

Malenia was bloodied beyond belief, as were Amon and Zaki, but they were all fighting all the same, fending (Y/n) off from all sides. It was a blessing that Eclipse or the Gloam-Eyed Queen didn't come for them directly, but for all (Y/n) knew, it was less of a choice and more of a restriction.

"Sorry you three, but I'll need you to keep it up," (Y/n) said, unsure whether they'd hear him or not. And then, he leapt into the fray.

If (Y/n) was compared to a regular Tarnished, he'd be at the very zenith of their abilities. Maxed Vigor, maxed Mind, maxed Endurance, maxed Strength, maxed Dexterity, maxed Intelligence, maxed Faith, and maxed Arcane. He might've well been a deity based around those abilities, but that only made him exceptional next to an average warrior.

In this battlefield, with a full-power Maliketh slashing towards his head, and a Shadow Sovereign Godwyn, Eclipse, and Gloam-Eyed Queen trio looking down on him, he wasn't special.

"Good," (Y/n) rolled right under Maliketh's blow, feeling the touch of Destined Death nick at his back. "Time to go back to the basics."

(Y/n) didn't weave through the army flawlessly. He was impressive, having conquered every challenge the Lands Between had to offer, but he wasn't perfect. Cuts built up on his thinly protected form, but he pushed onward all the same.

Malenia, Amon, and Zaki were his honor guards, keeping the strongest opponents off (Y/n) so he could continue advancing. They didn't speak or ask anything of one another, but they moved with an efficiency befitting their statuses.

Eclipse could see as the line of their army was slowly broken down by just four people. But rather than rage, they kept their head cool, their eyes landing entirely on (Y/n)'s hand, where the last 25% of the Shadow Sovereign abilities lay.

"Get the blade!" Eclipse ordered. They directed their attention to Melina's Other Half, barely holding back a scowl. "And you, why are your subjects being unhelpful?"

Just as Eclipse stated, the Gloam-Eyed Queen's followers weren't attacking Malenia, Amon, or Zaki with the same fervency as the followers of Godwyn or Eclipse were. The woman met Eclipse's gaze evenly. "If we both stay fixated on (Y/n)'s divinity, then any of them may perish. I don't care much for Miquella's shards or his sister, but (Y/n) brought them this far, so they will not become casualties due to incompetence."

Eclipse said nothing, still thoroughly annoyed by the woman's excuses. Her loyalty was in question, but at the moment, they didn't care to press her very far. If they retrieved the rest of the Darkness, they'd take her abilities easily whether she agreed to it.

With a sudden focus on Legacy, the battlefield shifted.

Hands groped and clawed at Legacy, but instead of fighting them, (Y/n) smiled and released his beloved weapon. The Shadows bubbled and shifted, with Eclipse appearing in the spot of the Shadow an instant later.

If such an easy and perfect opportunity appeared, they'd be a fool to watch from afar carefully. They needed to obtain the abilities, and they'd do it quickly and efficiently.

Without words or hesitation, Eclipse took the dagger and plunged it into their chest. They began to feel the power flow into them, and they let out a sigh of relief. Even amid the intense battlefield, their sole focus on the power they wished to gain pushed everything from their mind.

Perhaps that's why they fell for an incredibly simplistic trick.

The grip of Legacy was tethered to (Y/n)'s hand by the Umbral Robes, and as the divinity of the Shadow Sovereign flowed into their body, (Y/n)'s essence was also being strung along.

(Y/n) grinned, "If I can't face you all at once, then we'll try a one-on-one, eh? Let's see what you've got, Eclipse."

Eclipse tried to pull apart the Umbral Robes, forcing their quickly heightening power through the Umbral Robes to destroy them at their most basic level. However, in their frantic mindset, they thought the robes were just made up of Destined Death, missing the souls that gave the robes its sentience and regenerative abilities.

In turn, they only empowered the Umbral Robes and (Y/n) was pulled in faster. "D-Damn it! You...!"

Before Eclipse could finish their words, (Y/n) converged with Eclipse. As the Two Shadow Sovereigns clashed, their divinity came together, and a black hole of raw power swallowed them both up and left nothing behind.

A wave of confusion ran over the Shadow Army, with one of their figureheads gone. While the Gloam-Eyed Queen could easily step into the void left behind, she did no such thing.

Malenia watched as the Gloam-eyed Queen lightly bowed her head in acknowledgement. The Godskin Apostles and the Blackflame Monks suddenly began to attack their comrades. While the immortality-destroying powers of Destined Death didn't quite work on beings formed of Destined Death, they were effective enough combatants to immediately start shifting the tide of the battle, step by step.

Malenia scanned the scene, noting the extra layer of Fia had compared to even Godwyn's form. While the fallen demigod was covered in Destined Death, it wasn't being used for anything. Rather, it was all very clearly being funneled towards Fia.

'Godwyn is a quarter of the power, but Fia is the one who directs it all to Eclipse. If we remove Fia from the picture, Eclipse won't have as much power to draw from. If there's even a slight chance that'll help (Y/n) out, we need to go for it,' Malenia noted as she cut a Shadow Golem into ribbons. She glanced at Amon and Zaki, but the two were preoccupied with Devin and Darian, respectively.

Then she looked to the Gloam-Eyed Queen, her own sister, just as much as Amon, Zaki, and Eclipse were her brother, and she felt a connection. The Gloam-eyed Queen grinned, and her Godslayer Greatsword was wreathed in a dense guard of Black Flames.

She leapt into the fray, towards Maliketh, and clashed with him with such force that a shockwave slammed into the bodies of everyone around them. "Hey, Marika's Dog, I think it's about time for that rematch you owe me. You won't get so lucky again."

Maliketh growled as he was pushed back. His voice cut through the army's confusion like a gunshot. "Protect Lady Fia until our Liege returns...!" And then, he was launched away by the Gloam-Eyed Queen and began his desperate scuffle with her.

Maliketh's words brought order to the disoriented army like it'd never gone anywhere, but even with some semblance of order, they were innately at a disadvantage. One third of their core power was gone, one third had turned against them, and the last third wasn't being utilized at all.

If Fia directed Godwyn's power to the right Shadow, it could completely shift the tide of battle.

'I need to take her out before she funnels the power to anyone else!'

On her own, Malenia shot through the discombobulated army.She advanced about half the distance before she was blocked by a Shadow Wraith and a slew of Skeletal Shadows. She slashed through them and advanced with each step without hesitation.

'Whoever comes back will be the True Shadow Sovereign. I trust that (Y/n) will succeed, but if there's anyway Godwyn will be strengthening Eclipse with Fia as a conduit, then we need to stop her to help (Y/n),' Malenia swiped her blade at a Shadow Wraith, cutting it in half. 'Come on, (Y/n), we won't hold out for much longer!'

So, with a new objective urging her forward, Malenia faced down the immortal Iron Fist Alexander and Lionel the Lionhearted. Her goal was to stop Fia, no matter what the cost would be.

She would succeed, for she was the Blade of Miquella, and she would awaken her brother.

-----

Melina and Sellen reappeared in their Home, more specifically, in their base of operations. It was a proper replica of the Roundtable Hold's main room, but a projection of (Y/n)'s Scythe, Legacy, sat in the center of the table.

The room was filled with a few valued allies. Roderika, Hewg, Millicent, Salem, and Igris all sat at a round table. Three were empty. One was for Melina, another for Sellen, and the last was for (Y/n). Although he wasn't one for theatrics, he wasn't the one who built the room, and it was created in a matter of minutes under Igris' impressive leadership.

Sellen and Melina appeared in a shimmer of stars, panting heavily.

Salem, Igris, Millicent, and Roderika rushed to help them, but they waved off the help and quickly sat down. Keeping a cool head, Hewg kept his eyes on the prize. "How was she?"

Melina grimaced. "On our way over, I focused everything on one hyper-condensed attack, and we successfully ambushed them. However, despite landing the blow on Queen Marika at point-blank range, she walked through it unscathed and looking more annoyed than worried."

Hewg nodded solemnly.

Millicent glanced between Melina and Sellen, now standing at their sides. She said, "So, our information gathering confirmed that she's not a pushover. That's nothing we didn't expect. Blacksmith Hewg, you've seen Queen Marika in combat, right?"

Hewg nodded. "Yes, but it was such a long time ago I hoped we wouldn't need to trust my knowledge in a situation like this. Radagon has done most of the fighting after Placidusax was taken from the throne, but there was one fight I still remember, against the Fire Giants. To be succinct, she was invulnerable."

Millicent frowned. "What do you mean by that? She can't be invulnerable, can she?"

Before Hewg responded, Melina scowled. "Well, it certainly did seem like that was the case. (Y/n) managed to defeat her in our past lives, but... that was just a fraction of her total power. Now, she'll be far closer to the zenith of her capabilities. However, I doubt she's truly invulnerable to all phenomena."

Sellen nodded, "Yeah, and we haven't brought out our absolute best just yet. This is far from over."

Out of Sellen's body, the black-haired form of Moony, the Outer God of the Moon and the source of Sellen's divinity, emerged. She made no big deal to introduce herself, focusing on the issue at hand. "If the Greater Will's power is still split among the Golden Army to subjugate them, then we still have a chance, fortunately."

Out of Melina's body, flames rose and took the form of a towering man, made entirely of different colored flames. The Outer God of Flames revealed himself, offering guidance. "Just like any of the Outer Gods, the Greater Will is not omnipotent. Marika's power may be connected to her army, or it could simply be a momentary yet massive increase in her durability. Either way, she will not be truly invulnerable."

Hewg was unphased by the sudden astral forms of two Outer Gods appearing in the meeting. He nodded, "Yes, there may be some high costs for such an ability. After all, Radagon defeated Placidusax, and Maliketh defeated the Gloam-Eyed Queen. Queen Marika doesn't often fight, and if she was truly invulnerable, I can't imagine why she wouldn't."

Igris spoke up, her voice clear and focused. "Queen Marika isn't as Eternal as she seems. The Golden Order deems her eternal nature as a core concept, but it is only a farce. The only question we must face is how we learn the true nature of her ability, before her army overruns us."

With their goal aligned, the group looked over to Salem, who was silent during the whole conversation. Beyond Melina, Salem was there for (Y/n)'s journey the most, as his very first Shadow, and perhaps the closest thing to his true Maiden. She knew how he thought, and she formulated a plan in his absence.

She stood, her eyes glowing with passion. "If we need to decipher the origins of Marika's invulnerability while keeping our odds high, we need to know what we've got to work with. What are your Beasts, Outer Gods?"

The Outer God of Flames spoke first. "The Flame Beast is a Dragon with fire-capabilities that can burn as long as there's magic to feed on. His name is Kamish, the Undying Flame."

Salem nodded slowly. "Is it strong enough to fight Placidusax on its own?"

The Outer God of Flames chuffed. "Easily. The only individual threats that'll be able to face him is the Elden Beast or Marika herself."

"What about the Beast of the Moon?"

The Outer God of the Moon nodded. "The Moon's Beast is... well, a True Mimic."

Salem's eyes suddenly began to shine. "Like a Mimic Tear?"

The Outer God nodded. "Yes, however, it cannot replicate any divinity beyond its original. So, replicating Marika is out of the question, and none of the Shadows can be replicated accurately, because they're spawned through Destined Death."

Sellen smirked, underneath the spectral form of the Outer God. "That's fine. We'll just have it mimic me. I'm the most skilled sorceress out of our ranks, so it seems like the obvious choice." The Outer God of the Moon nodded, and the matter was considered settled.

Salem suddenly experienced a thrum that ran through her like a chill. She clicked her tongue. "Well, now I'm willing to bet that Marika's invulnerability is connected to the strongest members of her army."

Hewg squinted. "Why do you think that?"

Salem made a face. She had no idea why, but she was momentarily experiencing the feeling that (Y/n) had.

[There are currently five remaining pillars strengthening Queen Marika's divinity.]

'If her divinity is connected to her ability, then those five pillars need to be killed to finish this,' Salem thought.

She looked at Hewg confidently. "It's just a feeling."

Hewg shrugged, sighing. "Fine, fine. That look reminds me of him, so I'll trust it."

Salem continued, "We need to separate Marika from her army and take down her five generals. This is probably Radagon, Placidusax, the Elden Beast, Morgott, and Gransax. We also need to gather our other allies, from Nepheli Loux to Rogier."

Salem continued to bark orders like a commander of an army. She may've failed to claim the title of the strongest, but she was still the Shadow everyone looked towards in times of need.

"Roderika, you'll be the main healer. If anyone needs healing, I plan on sending them your way with Raphael. We need our more fragile allies to be kept alive. If they die and their souls don't persist, there'll be no reviving them."

Roderika nodded, her once meek nature as a Spirit Tuner completely gone. The Spiritual God that blessed her kept her protected in a swath of protective souls, and as such, the Shadows would be empowered through her sheer presence alone.

"Millicent, the Shadow Army follows your lead. If they need to fight, they fight. If they must die, they die. Your words are an extension of our liege's, as his Blade. They will follow you. I'll trust you to handle Radagon and the army."

Millicent grinned, her blade of Destined Death glittering with her power. She held a new confidence in her gaze compared to when (Y/n) found her originally, assaulted and scarred by the Scarlet Rot. Her addition to the Shadow Army as a Vice-Leader was game-changing, with a stunning focus for where Shadows would be placed most effectively.

"Sellen, I need you to isolate Marika as soon as possible. If she's leading the Golden Army, we'll get nowhere. If you and your Beast can keep her isolated, we'll have a chance."

Sellen nodded, her gaze confident with magic crackling around her. She was (Y/n)'s mentor, and much of his confidence was built around her teachings, no matter how much he used them. Her confidence was only reinforced by how far (Y/n) had gone, and now, she was prepared to go far enough to keep up with him.

"Melina, my lady, I trust you as our heaviest hitter. With Kamish, I trust you to handle Morgott, Placidusax, the Elden Beast, and Gransax. If you can control Kamish's flames, annihilate whoever is in your way. Beru and the strongest Shadows will be with you."

Melina nodded, keeping her eyes on the prize. She was (Y/n)'s closest confidant, as his original companion. She immediately began to gather energy, preparing to summon Kamish to unleash him at the most optimal time.

Salem looked to Hewg, bowing her head lightly. "I can only ask you to man the fortress, Hewg. Beyond that, I can't recommend anything more."

Hewg scoffed. "In a time like this, there's one thing I can do: smith. I will smith a weapon capable of killing a god, just as I always have. Make sure I have a steady flow of weapons and materials, and I'll offer a weapon when it's most needed."

Salem nodded with a small smile. "Understood." Salem looked around the room, everyone having an objective, except... "Igris."

Igris bowed her head attentively.

"Our squishy friends may be empowered by some blessings, but that doesn't mean they're prepared to fight in a war. Lead them, and make sure they're placed strategically. Melina may be strong, but she isn't immortal. Keep her well assisted and prepare to jump to help her at the first sign of trouble."

Igris nodded, prepared for anything.

With everyone given some kind of duty, Salem nodded once more. "I can resurrect souls like my liege, so I'll be traveling wherever possible to bring more allies into the fray. I'll return here if I hear anything from any Shadows. Is there anything anyone has to say before we disperse?" Salem waited a moment, but when there was no response, she grinned. "Then let's move out!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.9K 15
Girlfriend Scenarios included!!! Steven Universe x Male Reader Reader x Harem Coal Reader + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— + ร— Coals, A lowly...
131K 1.8K 10
"๐‘ฐ๐’๐’ ๐’…๐’ ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ , ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ , ๐’‚๐’๐’š๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’๐’†๐’†๐’… ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’ ๐’…๐’...๐‘จ๐‘ฉ๐‘บ๐‘ถ๐‘ณ๐‘ผ๐‘ป๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ๐’€ ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐’€๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ ๏ฟฝ...
77.4K 2.5K 31
It was just a regular day for you, after an exhausting day of work, you got home and get your well-deserved day off. The only difference is that you'...
1.8K 33 18
(y/n) was an (age) years old, who had a decent life and an loving family, however a tragic incident took their family from them. After years of fight...