A Deadly Bond

De Cora-the-explorer

Willow Ashen is a white wolf and never thought it was possible for her to get a mate as no one would be able... Mais

Chapter 1 - Glittering snow
Chapter 2 - Farewell
Chapter 3 - Departure
A/N: The characters
Chapter 4 - Mountains
Chapter 5 - Clothes
Chapter 6 - Creature
Chapter 7 - Delirium
Chapter 8 - Bittersweet arrival
A/N: Announcement!
Chapter 9 - Unfamiliar welcome
Chapter 10 - Silent solace
Chapter 11 - Remedy
A/N: Just a little update
Chapter 12 - Knocks
Chapter 13 - Trust
Chapter 14 - Tensions
A/N: Important update
Chapter 15 - Ceremony
Chapter 16 - Aftermath
A/N: An important update
Chapter 18 - Bitter
Chapter 19 - Enchanted
Chapter 20 - Deadly

Chapter 17 - Walls

564 26 26
De Cora-the-explorer

His question lingers loudly in the room despite having been spoken quite lowly.

His eyes glares into mine. The silver specs in his eyes overtaken by the darkness that I've seen so many times before.

My mouth feels dry as I speak. "I'd like to."

His grip around my wrist tightens and in a blink I'm pulled closer to Legion. I stagger a bit but Legion is quick to grab my other wrist to steady me.

A gasp escapes my lips. Legion leans in. "Not tonight." His breath tickles my ear and I shudder at the feeling of him being so close.

His answer feels almost dangerous, but something about it excites me. My eyes widen as he retreats again and I stare at him with a slightly parted mouth, waiting for words to come out.

When nothing does I close my mouth again. Legion stares at me for a couple more moments, his eyes darkening by the second. Then without warning he lets go of my wrists and I stumble backwards a bit.

Now with some distance between us, my mouth decides to start working again. "Why not?" I sound breathless. But I've barely been moving?

It looks like a slight smirk starts tugging on Legions lips before he answers. "You said it yourself. You're not ready." His smirk disappears faster than it appeared.

I completely ignore his answer and instead focus on his smirk. Something about it annoys me. Like he knows something I don't and isn't telling me.

"Fine." I mutter annoyed and turn around in a quick movement. "Then you can keep that from me too! Nothing new there." I walk away from him and go to the other side of the bed.

As I do this Legion begins to unbutton his shirt and I awkwardly glance back and forth, trying to avoid looking at him, but finding it hard not to... When he goes to undo his pants I hold a hand up. "Okay that's enough." The words leave my mouth before I even register them and my eyes meet his in panic.

Legion raises an eyebrow and stares at me for a couple of moments before dropping his hands. My eyes travel quickly down his body before breaking away from his figure. His body is like that of a marble statue. Hard and impressive. Hard muscles underneath his skin. I blush and lower my gaze to my feet.

Legion doesn't call me out on anything though, he simply throws back the covers and swiftly gets into the large bed. I stand still for a couple of seconds, waiting for him to say something, when he doesn't, I sigh and follow with frustrated movements. His silence is as always a mystery.

I make an effort to be as far away from him as I can possibly be but he's either ignoring me or simply doesn't care enough, because he remains silent.

I lay there frustrated and... disappointed.

Why am I disappointed again?

The feeling only fuels my frustration and suddenly an idea pops into my head. Hurriedly I begin to grab all the many plush pillows from the bed. This gains Legions attention as he glances at my rapid movements.

I lay all the pillows in a single line formation down the middle of the bed as to form a wall between us. When I begin to stack pillows on top of the first layer Legion speaks up. "What's this?"

He doesn't sound cold as usual, instead his voice has a hint of amusement in it. Something vague but noticeable to me.

"It's a wall." I simply state trying to sound as unbothered as possible. As I continue to build the wall high I speak again. "To separate your side of the bed," I place the last pillow I have on row two, "and mine."

Satisfied with my build I lean back down. The wall of pillows works wonders. I can't see Legions frame anymore. The pillow wall only does so much though as my frustration persist, along with something else I can't quite put my finger on...

Without warning all the pillows come crashing softly down on me as an arm shoots through my wall.

"Hey!" I sit up quickly. Legion doesn't appear to care one bit as he remains laying down with one arm behind his head and the other down along the side of himself.

"Why did you do that?" I press.

Legion doesn't respond, instead it almost looks like he's smirking. A very faint smirk, but a smirk nonetheless.

"Just... leave my wall alone okay?" I say after realizing that he wasn't going to respond.

"You mean my pillows?" He finally speaks up.

"We share the room now don't we?" I quickly shoot back.

Legion locks his eyes onto mine and furrow his brows, challenging me to say more. He doesn't look angry though. I don't know how but I can tell that he's enjoying my wit.

"Something got your tongue?" I continue, feeling as if Legions gaze on me is fueling my fire.

His silver eyes darken. He removes his arm from behind his head and prompts himself up slowly. Daringly coming closer. My heart speeds up the closer he gets but I don't break our eye contact.

He stops once he's an elbows length away. "I'd watch the next words out of my mouth if I were you." His voice is huskier than usual.

I let some silence settle between us. The air crackles with invisible electricity. It's a feeling I've come to really like, so I speak, hoping to provoke him further.

"You're not in charge of me."

As the words finish leaving my mouth I sense the shift. He knows that I want whatever is coming next and he's not holding it back anymore.

In seconds I've been pinned down by Legion. His hands around my wrists and with him on top of me. I can tell that he's not using his full weight by how closely his body is pressed against mine. Which oddly enough a part of me doesn't think is close enough.

His face is close to mine, with our nose tips practically touching and our breaths mixing together. My eyes flicker between his but his gaze is unwavering.

"It appears you are in charge of me." He states and my eyes go wide. What does that mean?

My breath deepens as I try to figure out his words. It's an impossible task with his face and body so close to mine. I can feel his hard granite muscles against my body, a body that is significantly softer compared to his.

Can he also feel that? Does he like it?

His eyes continue to glare into mine and my thoughts roam further. Should I try to break free?

I begin to lift my wrists off the bed but Legion tenses up and pins them back down. "Not that quickly." He leans a bit closer. "I know what you're doing."

"And what's that." My voice is frail and shaky.

"You know." He states lowly.

I want to tell him I don't know what he's talking about that I'm clueless, but it's not true. He's right. I'm purposely pushing his patience. Something about it excites me beyond anything I've ever felt before. I don't know why I'm doing it, but I can't deny it either.

His grip loosens on my wrists. "However, I told you we'd just be sleeping tonight." He begins to pull away.

The same disappointment I felt from before is starting to come back so I act without thinking. My lips crash into his lips.

Legion reacts instantly and moves his soft lips along with mine. Adrenaline fills my veins along with sparks and I lean more into the kiss, deepening it.

My actions is met with satisfaction as I feel his hands secure themselves around my wrists again. His lips taste just like I remember and I shiver at how addictive they really are.

Our lips move passionately against each other as if they're fighting for the upper hand. Who gets to kiss the other with more passion. So far I can't tell who's winning.

It's almost like we're both trying to convey our frustrations with one another through our lips. It feels euphoric but I want more. I try to deepen the kiss further by leaning even closer to Legion but I'm already as far as I can get.  My next action is a surprise, even to me, I bite his bottom lip slightly.

I hear a sharp inhale before Legion has pulled away. I wake up from my haze and I realize what I've done. I kissed him. Me. I started it. The embarrassment is beyond words and only worsens when I notice how puffy Legions lips looks. I just did that...

Legions has pulled back to his side of the bed and is breathing heavily while squeezing his eyes shut. I don't dare say anything anymore, in fact I'm frozen in place.

I just sit there silently, staring into the air while listening to both Legions and my heavy breath.

Time passes awkwardly like this for a couple of tense moments.

"You really shouldn't do that." Legion finally says.

I shut my eyes tightly as if his words sting. "I know." My voice is fragile and full of shame. "I'm sorry for... doing that." I admit and open my eyes again.

"That's not what I meant." He states this sternly like what I said couldn't have been more wrong. "You shouldn't tempt me." He corrects.

His words draw my instant attention to him as my eyes find his. "It's not fair." He adds. His voice is a husky whisper.

My mouth parts a bit. I want to respond but I'm speechless. Have I been unfair?

______________________________
A/N

Finally a chapter!!! It's not as long as usual but I figured a smaller chapter is better than none. Plus I've got an important A/N on the longer side that I really want you to read<3

I've run into a dilemma. As you have probably noticed the story is written in first person, apparently my younger self decided that this was a great stylistic choice, which it definitely can be! There are many great stories in first person but for the most part I prefer stories written in third person. Not only do I find it sounding more fluent and less awkward but it's also just a comfort thing (which would probably mean faster uploads too). I was wondering if it would be okay with you all if I instead tried to write/edit the story in third person.

This would simply mean that chapters henceforth will be in third person (it won't change the story) and that I one day will go back and edit the others to match if I decide it's better. They won't match instantly as my priority is to get you guys new chapters of course! When I go back to edit though you might see slight changes if you decide to reread but never anything too big obviously. Story will stay the same!

So would that be okay?

Adore you all and I hope you will continue to support the story with a comment or a vote:)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.5M 49.6K 54
❝He has a heart of stone. I have a heart of glass. I just have to pray mine won't shatter...❞ ******** The werewolf world is brutal. From the moment...
643 62 31
CURSED How far can a newly mated couple be pushed? Clearly not that far. When young Alpha Cole learns of his mate, Scarlett, they immediately hit it...
171K 3.4K 26
Wait he kissed me. What the hell was this? Who was this? And why did it feel so great? It took all my strength to push this guy off of me. He really...
410K 11.2K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...