Thaw out a Second Life

Af Ein-Usagi

A month after the incident with Victorious META, Tirpitz lives her second chance in life free of another ego... Mere

Prologue: Start of an Obstacle
Start of Atonement
Struggle to Lie
Lingering Inner Conflict
A Sister's Concern
Doubting a Life
Day of Festivity
The Other Bismarck
Heart of the Beast
Distorted Blizzard
Weighing a Choice
Trust and Distrust
Black King, Red Fox
Raging Blizzard
Calm after the Storm
What Comes after the Blizzard
Choices in Life
Hunter and Prey
Uneasiness
Ice and Flame Once Again
An Older Sister's Promise
Pinpointing a Bait
Beginning to Unravel
To Set in Motion
Nothing to Hide
To Face the Truth
Weight of the Deception
Once and For All
Life Goes On

Even Deceit Must End

51 3 1
Af Ein-Usagi

A daydream in the midst of uneasiness.

The sound of fading waves as it reaches the sandy beachy is a soothing sound Tirpitz often imagines. The clear blue sky and the sunlight on the horizon - just thinking about the endless freedom.

"........"

Thinking about in her best moment of peace, Tirpitz might find herself standing by the beach and facing the deep blue sea.

".........."

She removes her cap and let and combs her hair with her hand as the breeze passes by her and cools her even for a few seconds.

To have this kind of dream. Ah, I see......"

In the end, it's all but an ideal dream. The kind of peace she desires the most but will never achieve due to her nature and her situation.

"........." Tirpitz opens her eyes

Doubt and guilt both weigh over that it's gradually clouding her judgment. Tirpitz's thoughts are so disorganized that even in the silence of her room, a ringing in her ears also reminds her of losing almost immediately to Bismarck META. Even if it's a serious fight without risking Victorious - it frustrates her how she's bound to lose against one of the strongest METAs.

"What are you going to do now, Tirpitz?"

Due to Tirpitz's thoughts being lost and her growing anxiety, she begins to see and hear Victorious META outside her mind. The deceased figure stands in front of her and slowly backs away until she leans on the wall behind her.

"......." Tirpitz looks around while she sits at the side of her bed
"Even if you learn the whereabouts, fighting your sister head-on is suicidal. More importantly, it's a trap. You don't even know what she's truly after" Victorious META wags her index finger
"How do you know this? You're not even real" Tirpitz doesn't even look at her
"You're still hung up on what happened. A part of you lamented that I had to die and you couldn't accept how I chose to die"

Victorious moves away from the wall and bends her back forward, her face a meter close to Tirpitz. Tirpitz firmly believes the figure in front of her is a hallucination yet her presence and voice is no different from an actual person.

"My only goal was to keep our mistake from repeating in this timeline. I didn't want to lie and bear the responsibility......" Tirpitz grits her teeth
"See? That's how you truly feel" Victorious proudly smiles
"I got the peaceful life I've been longing for, but even I would know this isn't right the slightest. How can anyone accept the person in front of them is a corpse possessed a formerly disembodied META?"

Tirpitz squeezes her hands, constantly remembering the empty shell she reluctantly accepts to occupy. She only feels repulsed at her current state whenever she's alone with her thoughts.

"You appreciated your second chance in life, but guilt weighed on you. It's difficult having a conscience"
".....When you attempted to revive me, I didn't think or even care about what was right and wrong. I was poisoned by anger until I became a walking corpse that can't even be called Tirpitz anymore"

Tirpitz slowly closes her eyes and willingly accepts the memories flowing in. As far as she can remember, after her revival, her emotions are heightened that she's consumed by instincts. It's as if her anger stems from her feeling lost and utterly confused at the world.

"I felt betrayed when you didn't let me stay dead. You wanted to revive me because you couldn't accept my death and I abandoned you"
"If you had relied on me like I told you, none of this would have happened. Well, it's too late to blame anyone anyway" Victorious META straightens her back
"You're right, but it's still frustrating that I have to leave everything behind once I deal with my sister"

The thought of Bismarck META further puts Tirpitz in confusion since her motives remain vague. Tirpitz is aware her sister has another plan in mind after unexpectedly taking Victorious with her as bait.

"Are you going on a suicide mission again? You know no matter what you do, you cannot defeat your older sister" Victorious META tilts her head
"I know....."
"You haven't learned your lesson....."
"Why am I even discussing this with you? You're not even real"

Tirpitz grunts and crosses her arms, annoyed and somewhat dumbfounded how her hallucination is aware of her thoughts and troubles.

Bismarck's office.....

The aroma of black coffee and tea lingers in the air with King George V gently stirring and taking a whiff. It's supposed to be a private meeting, but the knight spends a whole minute cherishing her favorite beverage while Bismarck is unbothered and patiently waiting for them to begin.

"I suppose my purpose here is obvious" King George V clears her throat
"Victorious was kidnapped by Bismarck META after Tirpitz revealed the flames you saw belonged to her"
"It's unacceptable how someone can intrude in our base with little effort"

Despite her involvement and indirect fault in sparking the incident, King George V frowns as she's genuinely upset at Bismarck META's unexpected action.

"She was after Tirpitz, yet she only took Victorious. It was puzzling because Tirpitz was wounded and unconscious"  Bismarck takes a slight sip of her coffee
"You're right. Taking Tirpitz would be an easy task, so there's no need for a bait" King George V is actually clueless
"What I don't get it is why she's still after my sister. Right now, Tirpitz's METAmorphosis progressed"
"The fight must have triggered it. The wisdom cube must have been pushed to the limit and tried to ensure its survival......"

King George V sweats a bit, careful at her words as she's somewhat glad Bismarck concludes that Tirpitz's METAmorphosis started rather than reverting.

"Since part of the old META counterpart is with her, Bismarck META may be after the wisdom cube. Maybe, just maybe, the vengeful ghost still lingers within Tirpitz" King George V rubs her chin
"It still doesn't explain why she didn't take Tirpitz when she had the chance" Bismarck lightly slams her desk
"What is she waiting for?" King George V mutters to herself

While Bismarck is occupied with her frustrations, King George V thinks about the item handed over by Neumark. Bismarck META has the perfect chance, but she lets it pass and resorts to using Victorious as bait.

"How's Tirpitz doing?" King George V remembers
"Still upset. I know she wants to go after Bismarck META, but she's reluctant for some reason. Tirpitz is anxious and frustrated"
"She was defeated in mere minutes. I'm certain she doesn't want to lose like that again" King George V shakes her head
"I will take on Bismarck META. If Tirpitz fights her again, it will accelerate her METAmorphosis. I don't want to lose my sister in any way....."

When thinking of being a META, Bismarck can never get rid of the deceased Tirpitz META - someone who's original personality was twisted by revenge. METAs can either retain their personalities added with more tragedy while there are others who are hostile to anyone.

"Hmm. I sense doubt in you. Is there something else bothering you?" King George V generally guesses
"It's been....a while since I've been concerned for my sister, I hate to think I have doubts on my own sister" Bismarck sighs
"What happened this time?"
"My sister is still hiding something from me. There's a piece of information she's omitting"
"Like what?" King George V narrows her eyes
"Her METAmorphosis is unusual, and she barely reacted at the thought she could be like the other dead META"
"Do you think she realized it sooner but hid the fact out of worry for your sake?" King George V snaps her fingers
"I thought of that when she asked whether I still viewed her as a normal kansen or a META"
"In my opinion, she was considered on how you viewed her because there might be a chance you might view her as a threat"
"That would never happen!"
"Right....."

King George V slowly turns her head to the side, slightly nervous and awkward in a conversation where one is clueless while the other directly involved.

"What's worse is how she told me she's not the sister that I know......" Bismarck takes a large sip of her coffee
"That.....I don't know how to explain"
"I think the whole situation with Bismarck META kept leading me to see my own sister as her META counterpart. I kept seeing the META in her place as if - all this stress isn't helping right now"
".........."

Rather than respond this time, King George V chooses to stay silent when her mood somewhat becomes serious.

"If a part of the deceased META latched on to her, then it's like she's transforming into the same kind of META as her deceased counterpart" Bismarck massages her forehead
"Do you believe that or is that what you wish to believe?" King George V questions her
"What?"
"We fought alongside for a long time, Bismarck. I could tell whether you're troubled or certain. Right now, you're plagued by doubt"
"Hood would say the same....."

Instead of diverting Bismarck's attention or calmly assuring her, King George V follows her principles after seeing Bismarck uneasy and restless when thinking about her sister.

"I would sometimes have a terrible thought of the possibility that the one in front of me is no longer my sister. At some point, she stopped being herself and gradually became Tirpitz META"
"So that's what you think....." King George V is mildly surprised
"I don't want to have my sister as my enemy again. Having another Bismarck as an enemy is frustrating enough"

Bismarck swipes her hand in the air. She can fight her META counterpart with little to no hesitation, but she refuses to imagine at the possibility she might eventually cut down her sister.

"This is between them......"

King George V whispers to remind herself how she must only involve herself unless it becomes apparent the two sisters need to settle it between themselves.

"But still......"

As much as King George V wishes to not further involve herself, her conscience is stinging her chest. King George V sneaks a glance at Bismarck in deep thought, noticing the doubt and worry.

Forty minutes later.......

While strolling at the beach, Tirpitz lazily kicks a pebble and sends bits of sand flying as well. Even in the serenity of her surroundings isn't enough to ease her worries, especially that she only perceives eerie silence.

"......."
"Is the truth troubling you?" King George V interrupts her silence
"You came here yourself....."
"I figured you'd be looking for your sister and I'd be one of the first people you're looking for" King George V walks towards her
"........"

Tirpitz falls into a moment of silence again, staring at the sky with a few clouds blocking the sunlight.

"Why did you bring my sister that night?" Tirpitz directly asks
"......." King George V widens her eyes for a second
"It's because you carelessly helped her that Victorious is bait and I'd probably die fighting my sister"
(I can't tell her that.....)

King George V lowers her head, recalling relaying Neumark's incomplete creation to Bismarck META. The latter is unhappy at the sight of the object, but she reluctantly takes it from King George V's hand.

"It's true that I helped her intrude on the base, but she actually hid her true intentions. She said there would be no excessive force. I realized something was wrong when I saw fire in the distance"

Even if Tirpitz refuses to believe her, King George V wants to be honest at least. It's the truth how King George V is genuinely shocked at seeing bright flames near the wharf and immediately realizing who's the culprit.

"That night, I decided to confess and even showed the letter to her. I actually felt glad I didn't need to hide it anymore, but my dear sister showed up and nearly grilled me" Tirpitz sighs
"No wonder you're incredibly upset"
"I want to confess everything to Bismarck and be done"
"What are you going to do?"
"After I tell her everything, I'm going to find my sister and leave for good. That is if I survive against my sister"

Tirpitz can't find the slightest optimism or hope that she can overpower her older sister in a serious fight after the harsh reminder how much Bismarck META is holding back against her.

"Is that fine even if Bismarck hates you for the rest of your life? You did try to kill her a few times in the past....."

King George V pulls out the envelope from her pocket and returns it to Tirpitz albeit slightly crumpled and folded.

"Even if I don't die in the end, giving up on this life and being forced into solitude is perhaps my fate. I'm a ship infamously known for being lonely and distant after all" Tirpitz carefully holds the envelope
"To lament but subjecting yourself into something you strongly hate is just like you" King George V shakes her head
"I don't blame my sister for persuading me into going through this plan. It's my fault for thinking the lies won't catch up to me sooner than I expected"
"You owed the truth and now it's asking for payback. The lies you kept telling yourself and others are punishing you for it"

It may sound like King George V is lecturing Tirpitz about the consequences of lying and deceiving others, she laments the inevitable outcome too.

"I wish I could have a real fresh start. One that needs no lie or deception. It's all I ask for....."

Tirpitz moves away from King George V and stares at the sky again, lamenting how wishing for a miracle is either being naive or desperate. She's not the type to believe in miracles after everything she has to endure in her timeline.

"........."

King George V gently closes her eyes, unable to say anything about what awaits Tirpitz in the near future.

"Your sister has a way to fulfill your wish....."

After a moment of thinking, King George V grunts and succumbs to her conscience. It's annoying her recently and she lets out a quick sigh of relief when starts speaking.

"She's going to kill you" King George V sternly informs her
"What?" Tirpitz blinks in mild surprise
"No, wait. That's not the right term. It's more of you'd hate her for it"
"........"
"It's either freedom of punishment for you, but it's better than you disappearing for who knows how long"

King George V looks at her straight in the eyes, determined to at least have Tirpitz be prepared for what's to come or at least come to terms early on.

"Is that.....?"

Bismarck turns left to right and stops in her tracks at the brief glance of the knight clad in red regal attire and her sister in her usual white uniform.

"......"

Somewhat curious because of King George V's deep stern expression and Tirpitz lowering her head with sorrowful eyes, Bismarck changes direction and heads towards the two.

"Tirpitz, is there something the matter?"

Bismarck couldn't interpret their conversation, but she sees King George V lifting her hands and even waving them while Tirpitz is quietly listening. The two both turn their head at Bismarck's direction and they quickly put up their usual composure.

"Tirpitz have been keeping something important, but I will leave that to you two"

King George V clears her throat and quickly leaves the two sisters to handle their own issues.

"What happened? What is it you want to tell me?"
"I've been keeping this all this time. I should have given it to you before everything ended that day......"

Instead of answering the question, Tirpitz wastes no time and stretches out her hand carefully holding the letter between her fingers.

"A letter?" Bismarck curiously accepts
"It was written by your sister hours before she decided to go down fighting"
"Huh?"

Bismarck is naturally confused since they are sisters, but Tirpitz is stating someone who isn't her.

"........."

Shortly after unfolding the letter, Bismarck feels her heart sting and stops a beat. The words are in a handwriting different from Tirpitz's current handwriting which baffles her slightly.

To my sister, I have to apologize because I made a selfish decision on my own
I've seen and believed your desire for us to reconcile and start all over again
There is still a part of me that refuses to forgive you, but I no longer hate you
Both my old and current life are full of regrets, I haven't lost my faith in my life
If there's anything I regret, is that my selfish decision may hurt you like it hurt me
I don't intend for you to suffer and leave with the consequences of my actions
I don't have any choice left as I chose to let go rather than prolong my suffering
Don't blame yourself for being unable to save me like what you initially wished
The procedure stagnated my wisdom cube's degradation, but it gave me enough time
I came to see the devotion of a dear friend and you choosing to listen to your emotions
Due to my wisdom cube inevitably breaking, I chose to embrace my end on my terms
Don't blame yourself or my META counterpart. It was her power who extended my life
My META counterpart wished to eternally rest, I persuaded her to continue my existence
It was me who chose having her live on as me but in a life filled with lies and deception
I wanted to live a little longer but life can be unfair sometimes and I've come to accept it
Bismarck, my sister, don't blame her for lies and deception as she's a victim like you
My biggest regret right now would be unable to even properly say my goodbyes
I don't know what awaits in the future, but I hope you can understand my decision
You don't have to forgive me knowing lying and deceiving you doesn't deserve it
It pains me our time is cut short when I wanted to get to know you better
Bismarck, I wanted the two of us to be sisters because we couldn't in our old lives
Perhaps, if by chance a miracle does exist, we can properly start all over again
It's only unfortunate, I won't live long enough to witness another life of mine

Bismarck couldn't proceed with the last few sentences as her hands and lips begin to tremble. The intense emotions drowning her thoughts and heart would have crumpled the letter, but she doesn't want to destroy the last memory of her sister.

"All this time....." Bismarck's voice trembles
"Your sister.....has been dead for three months" Tirpitz calmly reveals
"Y.....You.....!" Bismarck grits her teeth
"The one in front of you is the same META who tried to kill you before......incarnated in this body"
"You knew all this time and lied to me!"

For the first time, Bismarck rebukes Tirpitz, shouting at the top of her lungs with a voice filled with resentment.

"You were deceiving me while I blindly believed I haven't lost my sister!" Bismarck's glare sharpens
"......but you knew deep in your heart earlier on unlike Victorious"
"W-what are you....."
"Bismarck, were you lying to yourself as much as I was lying to you?"
".........."

In mere moments, Bismarck's memories flood her, starting with the very moment Akagi warns her that something is amiss until the occasions she constantly thinks to herself that something is wrong.

"Did you hope that you were wrong? That your intuition is misguiding you" Tirpitz questions her
"I knew something was wrong but I refused to think that all this time......" Bismarck clenches her fist
"The one you loved as your sister is gone. What's left is her body I'm occupying. There won't be anything left of her once I revert to my original state"

Tirpitz has yet to regain her full strength, but cold air envelops her body for a few seconds, revealing from the normal Zwei form to a darkened and battle-worn Zwei form which an aesthetic METAs tend to share.

"Bismarck META is my real older sister. That's why she won't stop targeting me"
....Older sister
".........!"

The mention of her META counterpart triggers Bismarck's memory of her last encounter with the META. Bismarck. META is visibly upset when Tirpitz refers to Bismarck as sister and seemingly pity her too.

No matter how cruel this is, I just.....want to protect my sister. I won't ask for forgiveness, but I'm truly sorry.....
She never wanted all of this, so I persuaded her. That's why if you must resent and curse someone, I'm all to blame.....
You sensed it after some time, but you can't bring yourself to accept it. You, of all people, would have known first....

That's right. To you, she's your older sister right now....

During that battle, Bismarck completely ignores Bismarck META's words, unaware that the latter is warning and hinting her out of pity for what she views as "herself".

"Why didn't you tell me before? If you had known this was Tirpitz's intention, why did you deceive me and make a fool out of all of us!"

In the letter, the original Tirpitz admits it's her plan and merely involves the META whether she likes it or not. She also specifies how her META counterpart is not to blame as she willingly chooses to let go knowing she will eventually die anyway. Bismarck couldn't view the META as evil, but she was naturally frustrated and enraged by the lies and deception.

"This was your sister's wish. She wanted to give a second life by leaving this body to me. All she asked was to live as her, so no one could know she died" Tirpitz sighs
"For what reason?"
"We both feared you would make the same mistake. You nearly did when you tried to save her. I feared that possibility too, so, I used what little power I had back then to slow down her wisdom cube's degradation"

During the process, Tirpitz can faintly recall being barely conscious as if she's on the verge of waking up. The only vivid memories of her surroundings are the echoing voices and two people arguing near her. She senses the spreading cracks and even though her sentient thoughts have yet to fully awake, her instincts act on their own and allow her remaining piece to integrate with Tirpitz.

"You lived and pretended to be her while here I thought.....I could mend our strained relationship. That I can be an older sister for her this time....."

Bismarck grabs her sword's handle and draws it, growing frustrated at how the Tirpitz in front of her can stare at her with a calm and unmoving expression.

"That wish will never come true. The sister you once knew will never come back. It's only me that's left......" Tirpitz lightly shakes her head
"You......!"
"I know I have to repay all the lies I caused everyone. That's why I don't want to hurt you any further by seeing a selfish and pathetic side of me"
"......!"

Tirpitz lifts her right hand and with a simple swing of her arm, cold sir sweeps through Bismarck and the sand below her is immediately transformed to quickly spreading ice.

"Ggh!"

Bismarck shields her eyes with her forearm due to the snow and wind hindering her vision. She tries to move forward, but the force of the gust lifts her off her feet and sends her flying back and stumbling down.

"Bismarck!"

Seeing the unexpected turn of events, King George V rushes to Bismarck. What she expects is the two arguing and even escalating into a physical fight, but the moment Tirpitz unleashes blizzard wind, the latter calmly walks away.

"Where is she?!" Bismarck immediately stands up
"She's probably fleeing" King George V points at a direction
"That META! After telling me how my sister is actually dead, she's just going to run away?" Bismarck turns away
"Bismarck, wait!"

Bismarck hurriedly drags her feet away, ignoring King George V repeatedly calling her and warning her until her voice fades away.

Meanwhile......

Tirpitz leaves Bismarck to retrieve her stored rigging after it is recently maintained and repaired. The enormous two-headed beast quietly hovers behind her as Tirpitz herself flees to the open waters without much thought.

"I don't want to burden Bismarck any further, so I hope this is the last time we see each other"

The animated rigging slowly bends down its head to her level and weakly growls. Tirpitz accepts the fact her rigging doesn't even understand much of her words, so she faintly smiles and rubs its jaw.

"Here I thought she hid somewhere else. To think my sister still stayed at the same place......"

Tirpitz stares at the horizon, seeing no land and just the vast ocean. She hesitates to move forward and hopefully disappear from Iron Blood for good.

"Grrr?" The rigging growls again
"I just want to etch this in my memory. The sea is vast and brings a sense of freedom. I may not have the luxury of a beautiful sight once I deal with my sister" Tirpitz fondly smiles
"Grr....."
"I never thought I'd feel this lonely again......"

Tirpitz only focuses on the calm sea before her. On how the clear blue sky reflects on the water's surface. She's mesmerized at the vast mirror of freedom around her and even gently closes her eyes, cherishing a moment of true peace for once.

".........."

Not even a minute has passed, the sound of large caliber shells whistling in the air destroys what she views as her last moment of peace. Tirpitz doesn't even react or shift her gaze while her rigging stretches its wings and shades her from the incoming shells.

"You have a lot to answer!"

Bismarck manages to find her just in time while Tirpitz is still within Iron Blood territory.

"I had the choice to refuse back then, Bismarck" Tirpitz faintly sighs
"Then why didn't you.....?"
"I thought this was for the best. This is what I wanted, but it's far from the life I imagined"
"........."

Bismarck is still upset about the entire deception, but she sees genuine regret and sorrow in Tirpitz's downcast gaze.

"After everything, I knew you wouldn't make the same mistake as the other one. This timeline was spared from that trouble. I've gone attached....but I knew I didn't deserve any of it or any of this. I'm someone who should have stayed dead after all"

Knowing Bismarck wouldn't let her easily leave even after confessing everything, Tirpitz raises her hand and Orthrus spreads its wings in response.

"Feuer!" Bismarck quickly reacts

Geryon lets out a deafening roar and opens fire with explosive firepower. Bismarck is conflicted whether she restrains herself or unleashes her full power due to facing a META who took over her sister's body.

"This is pointless......"

Tirpitz is initially reluctant, but she immediately remembers her opponent is the normal version of the sister she knows, so she doesn't budge from right where she stands. She lifts her head, staring at the shells directed to her, but still refuses to move in the last moment.

"......!"

To Bismarck's surprise, all of the shells freeze and shatter before they can even reach Tirpitz. Even Orthrus shields Tirpitz with one wing to protect her from the scattering pieces.

"Tch!"

Bismarck opens fire again and knowing the result, the shells freeze in mere seconds again, but Bismarck quickly follows with her charging straight to Tirpitz.

"I don't want......to fight you. Give it up, Bismarck" Tirpitz groans in frustration

Bismarck swings down her sword at her, but Tirpitz still refuses to defend herself and let the sword strike her shoulder. Unlike the battle with Bismarck META, the normal counterpart can't even scratch her skin since Tirpitz can use it to defend herself in a form of thin armor.

"Like cutting through a rock" Bismarck mutters to herself
"You're not my enemy, so I don't want to fight you" Tirpitz squeezes her blade
"Then who is?!"
"The other you. The one I call my sister"

Tirpitz slowly squeezes the sword and ice quickly spreads from her palm to the sharp steel. Its sturdiness becomes futile and breaks apart with a little force.

"Dying won't atone for the truth I owed you because I died before. Facing death again won't count as punishment but freedom from this whole ordeal"
"Yet you didn't pass on" Bismarck clicks her tongue as she moves back
"I couldn't break my promise to your sister no matter how much I'm against lying and deceiving"
"Why did you keep it then?"
"I got my revenge. It's all what I wanted, but this world still found a way to have me stay. In the end, the one who should be dead continued to exist while the other one who deserved to live, was robbed of a future"

Tirpitz doesn't think highly of herself especially when rethinking about when she lost control after being reanimated and lost herself in the process.

"There may be a time in the future that I'll lose myself again due to the nature of a META like that short maniac - ah, now that I think about it,  I think I saw her before......"
........

It's a vague memory that's either a hallucination or long lost one, but in the brief moment she becomes lucid, Tirpitz sees a short figure maniacally laughing at her. It's too vague that the laughter becomes a distorted echo to her senses.

"I don't remember what's real and what's not anymore....." Tirpitz shakes her head

To her, the past is long gone much like how her timeline no longer exists.

"It doesn't matter if I was a pawn against Bismarck. We're all just trivial cogs in the grand scheme of things. As for me, I just want to be punished, because I truly deserved it for not letting this body rest and for deceiving everyone"
"........."

Bismarck, somewhat annoyed at the pity and self-loathing, opens fire with no effort as if she's confused and upset at the same time.

"........"

The result is still the same. The difference between normal kansens and META is obvious. Not a single shell lands on her because they all shatter to specs of ice before impact.

"I find it annoying that I can only win against you when you're the normal one" Tirpitz wryly laughs at herself

She finds it annoying and a bit ironic that her only chance against Bismarck is when facing the normal counterpart. There's a clear difference in might when she faces a serious Bismarck META.

"If I had the same pride and ambition as her, would I have been the same?"

Tirpitz plans on freezing Bismarck without killing her so she can finally leave. She strengthens the cold air she emits to damage Geryon and freeze Bismarck's limbs.

"Geryon!" Bismarck swings her arm
"Hmm?"

Tirpitz frowns and turns her head to the right two seconds before harmless torpedoes explode right by her feet. The same harmless attack strikes Bismarck shortly after.

"It's you....."

She's more upset at being splashed by seawater than the actual surprise attack on her.

"P-plesse don't fight anymore!"

U-556 META surfaces and flails her arms while shouting at the two. She's shaking but she's not the one to interfere in conflict between the two sister and never once she thought of harming Bismarck but interrupting them is necessary.

"U-556? No, you must be a META too" Bismarck recognizes the darker attire and gloomy change in appearance
"What are you doing here? Did my sister sent you?"
"No-No! I came here on my own will. After the brief conflict the other day, I got worried for you two" U-556 META raises both hands
"........"
"I was warned beforehand that you'd confess, so I rushed here but you two already fought....." U-556 META sobs
"........" Tirpitz remains silent
"What are you planning now, Lady Tirpitz?"
"......I want to settle things with my sister. It's time I face what's coming for me"
"You already know.....?" U-556 META blinks in genuine surprise
"Yes. That's why......I have to leave everything behind"

Tirpitz turns to face an utterly confused Bismarck and couldn't smile at her anymore, knowing how much difficult her deception is for Bismarck.

"Can I leave her to you, U-556?" Tirpitz turns away
"Do what you must, Lady Tirpitz......"
"You're running away again?!"
"I'm running towards my main problem. I will take responsibility for my fate. That's why you don't have to be burdened by my problems anymore" Tirpitz couldn't look back
"What.....?"
"There are other ways, but this is the least painful and perhaps a fitting punishment for me" Tirpitz clenches her fists
".........."
"Farewell, Bismarck. I hope......you'll never forgive me. I am at fault too......and you did nothing to deserve this deception"
"Wait-!"

As soon as Tirpitz moves away, Bismarck takes a step forward in an attempt to pursue after her, but a weak torpedo strikes Bismarck which doesn't even scratch her.

"I'm truly sorry, but this is something Lady Tirpitz must face and decide for herself. It's up to her whether she defies it or accepts it" U-556 META drops her shoulders
"What do you mean?"
"I-I'm not allowed to tell. You're Lord Bismarck too but not my Lord Bismarck. Timelines are confusing!"

Bismarck lowers her hand holding her broken speed and stares at its broken end with still ice sticking on the surface. Even if it's a META, Bismarck doesn't want to think or resort to forcing her way through U-556 META no matter how much she wants to chase after the other META.

"Damn it......"

Bismarck tightens her grip on her broken sword and can only curse at herself when she still couldn't find the courage to engage the META counterpart of her faithful U-boat. By now, Tirpitz has disappeared from her line of sight and gradually disappears into the horizon to pursue Bismarck META somewhere.

_____________________________________________________________________

Chapter 29: Once and for All

Bismarck META makes preparations, expecting her sister to arrive and face her. Meanwhile, Bismarck has difficulty processing the recent revelation but makes a decision after reading the rest of the letter.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

6K 128 10
This story about a young boy got accidentally hit by a truck Kun but a God reincarnate him in azur lane as(Arpeggio Yamato)
15.1K 140 11
Former Ranger and Marine Y/N L/N was transferred to Mobile Task Force Epsilon 11 of the SCP foundation but when a containment breach happens he accid...
92.3K 1.2K 32
Disclaimer:I don't own fallout or azur lane.Fallout belongs to Bethesda softworks.Azur lane belongs to yostar limited. When the great war of 2077 occ...
800 41 7
Book 1 of 3 The official report was that he was shot down over Zhytomyr, but that isn't the case. The main part of our story takes place in the far a...