The High Priestess

By DreamerGal12

Eternity, that's how long she's been around. Created at the same time as the universe she wonders. Deciding t... More

Character Cards
The 40's
Why the World Needs Superheroes
Villain or Victim
The "First" Meeting
First Trial Day
House of Mystery
Sometimes the Truth Hurts
Everything Ends with a BANG!
I'm the High Priestess
Dreams and Nightmares
I need more than a drink
Read All About It
I have No Other Function
New Housemates
Stupid Games
It's not Stealing, It's Borrowing
There are More
New Story
I tried to Kill You & You tried to Kill Me

A Little Party Never Killed Nobody

546 26 1
By DreamerGal12

Leah's P.O.V. 

Today I had to get back to work. Looking over my files to see if I had all the right info. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in," I call out. It was Wanda who walked in. 

"Hey everyone is having breakfast," she announces. 

"Thanks I'll be down there in a bit." 

"Okay I'll let everyone know." She notices my clothes scattered all over my room. "It looks like a tornado hit this place." 

"There's a party tonight I have to attend. Gotta get back to work. I was trying to figure out what to wear tonight." 

"Did you figure it out?" 

"I have some options. I'll figure it out by tonight. Let's go join the others I've worked up an appetite." Entwining my arms with hers we make our to the common area. Everyone had made their plates, eating, and making small talk. I go up to Loki and steal his cup of coffee. 

"That was mine," he points out. 

"Oh I know, thanks for the coffee," I smirk. He sighs and lets me have the coffee. 

"You never change."

"With how long we've known each other you would have realized it by now. I've known you since you were a child." 

"How did you end up on Asgard anyway?" Bruce asks. 

"I believe Odin asked me for a favor," I rethink it for a moment, "it was either mad at him for something. It was so long ago I don't generally remember." 

"Oh it was definitely the later," Thor speaks up. "I remember all of Asgard shaking. When I asked  Mother she told me Father angered the wrong person and now must face the consequences."

"I remember that," Loki adds, "most people thought that I did something. I decided to take it upon myself to investigate who caused such chaos. To my surprise I found a young woman stomping out of the palace with a scowl on her face. Father refused to speak about the matter." 

"Then how did she become the nanny?" Sam asks. 

"Oh that, she was still angry at Father but he avoided her at all cost. Mother introduced Thor and I to her. We would spend time with her when we weren't busy. The title of nanny was just an easy way of explaining things." 

"I think I threatened to destroy everything in the palace once," I comment. 

"Why doesn't that surprise me," Steve speaks up. "I think I remember you calling many people idiots and threatening to bash their heads in. Peggy even encourages you at some points." 

"To be fair once you get as old as I am your tolerance for things becomes lower. I wouldn't be talking if I were you. I was there when Peggy tried to shoot you." 

"She didn't try to shoot me." 

"Then what do you call her pulling the trigger and pointing in your direction." 

"She shot the shield."

"Cause she was mad at you. Poor little Steve still clueless about women. It's quite adorable really." 

"You never told me this," Bucky speaks up, "and you tell me everything. Why did she shoot you anyway?"

"Well..." I started. 

"Don't you dare," Steve warns. I put my hands up in surrender. Finishing the coffee and handing the cup to Loki so I can get ready. 

"Well I have to start getting ready for work." 

"I thought you were taking a break," Clint speaks up. 

"Not entirely besides it's an easy job tonight. Just a little information gathering." Giving him a pat on the shoulder to signal I'll be fine. I make my way back to my room to get everything ready for tonight. 

A Few Hours Later

"Stark!!!!!" 

"What was that?" Bruce asks in alarm. 

"Nothing," Tony tries to brush off. Nobody believed him. I came stomping into the room covered in flour when I just finished getting dressed. 

"Anthony Edward Stark, you have some nerve to pull this prank!" 

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he tries to act dumb. 

"Don't act dumb, I know you did this. I got two hours to get ready for tonight which I wouldn't have to do if I didn't have flour all over me." 

"Well I think you look great. You should go looking the way you are." This man child is getting on my nerves. "You know what I think you've never looked better." My fist tightened as I wanted to punch his smug face. I took a deep breath and decided not to punch him. Two people can play this game. Immediately I remove my dress leaving me in my bra and underwear. Throwing it at his face once it was completely off. 

"You're replacing that," pointing at the dress. I then strut off to take a quick shower and get ready again. 

"Did that just happen?" Tony asks the others.

"You were kinda asking for it," Natasha points out. 

"Word of advice," Loki states, "when you think you won you actually didn't. She will do anything to have the last say. Most people learn that the hard way." 

"Good luck with that buddy," Sam squeezes Bucky's shoulder. 

"Shut up Sam," he snaps back. Bucky get up and takes off somewhere. 

Luckily I had another dress picked out. I was a one shoulder black dress with a high slit. Changing my hair to a dark red and my eyes a vibrant green. I should be okay to go out. 

Not taking any chances I teleport to the common area. Natasha whistles when she sees me. "Someone looks hot," she comments. 

"Why thank you, took me forever to zip up the back. Well I'm heading out don't wait up as I might be out late."

"Who's party is it anyway?"

"It's a charity event held by Mr. Martin Li." 

"How come I didn't hear of this?" Tony butts into our conversation. 

"Maybe because it's an invite only party and I guess you didn't make the list." With a smirk I walked away. Serves him right. 

I arrive at the party with no problems. "Invitation," the security guard asks. Holding up it as clear as day. "Have a good time." Confidently walking inside the venue to find most of the guests already here. I make my way to the snack table so I can blend in. 

"I didn't expect to see you here, Ms. Azure," greets a familiar voice. Turning my head to find my favorite lawyer. 

"Mr. Murdock, what a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect you to be into this kind of scene." 

"Yeah well one of my clients is interested in investing. Asked me to tag along to speak on the legality of things. What brings you here?"

"I was invited on the basis of...I have a lot of money."

"So what are you really here for?" He never misses a beat does he. 

"Walk with me." He holds an arm out for me. I lower my voice to keep unwanted listeners away. "I'm here for some information. I don't believe our Mr. Li is being very truthful about himself."

"What do you mean?" 

"Why would an ordinary man present with a high energy level unless he's no ordinary man. He also seems to not be entirely truthful of where all his money comes from." 

"I'm guessing you're trying to find where the true money is." 

"Somewhat, I think this whole charity thing is a front. I was doing research on some underground crime gangs I came across some interesting things." 

"What things?" 

"The development of synthetic drugs. One with varying effects that may lead to the creations of metahumans. Since then I have followed the trail." 

"And do you think Mr. Li had anything to do with it." 

"Maybe, it mostly led to dead ends. What do you think?" 

"I think you may be onto something; however, you're missing multiple parts. Your only problem now is that there are multiple guards on every floor." 

"You amuse me with your doubt as I have years of experience."

"Mr. Maddock," Mr. Li greets us, "and the famous High priestess. I'm your host for this evening. Thank you both for joining us. I hope everything is to your liking." 

"The venue is very beautiful," I compliment. "As honored to be invited may I ask why?" 

"Well Ms. Azure how could I resist not too. The woman who turned America on its head. I just had to meet you." 

"I'm flattered you think so highly of me. Well I let you two men talk as I have to go to the powder room." 

"Of course it was an honor to meet you." 

"Likewise," I was about to say something else when I noticed a familiar figure, "excuse me." Quickly  I make my way towards the figure, grabbing him by the elbow, and dragging him to a secluded hallway. "What in the world are you doing here?" I seethed through my teeth. 

"Do you really think I wouldn't know you're about to get yourself into a world of trouble," he retorts. 

"Last time I checked out of the two of us only one of us needed a babysitter. Which reminds me, why isn't Thor watching you?" That's right everybody I'm talking to the god of mischief. 

"I gave him some asgardian liquor," he admits. "He won't know I'm gone for hours." 

"That's beside the point. I have a job to do, so you better not get in my way." He grabs my arm before I can walk off. "What?" 

"And just how are you going to get past a whole bunch of guards?" 

"With my feminine charm? I'm not stupid I know how to break into places. I've done it a hundred times before. Now either be a good little god and help me or stay out of my way." We stared at each other but I was not backing down. He finally sighs, giving into my demands. 

"Fine, what do you want to do?"  

"We go outside and find a window." He looks at me like I'm crazy. "You'll see when we get there." We made our way outside to an area where there was no one in sight. Kicking off my heels and pushing them into his arms. "Stay here and make sure no one finds you." With a leap I grab onto a balcony and swing myself over. Looks like I found the office easily. With the wave a hand the balcony door unlocks letting me in. Carefully I look everywhere for the documents I need. Luckily I was able to sneak a camera disguised as a pen into the party. 

"No no no I told you not to send the money to those accounts," I hear Mr. Li's assistant say as he makes his way down the hall. Guess that's my cue to leave. I quickly place all the files back and bounce. When I made it back down Loki was still there holding my heels. 

"See nothing to worry about." 

"Yes because all your plans went swimmingly  in the past."

"Hey I wouldn't have gotten caught if your brother didn't rat me out. I could have gotten away with it," I say as I struggled to put on my heels. "Besides I was already scolded by your mother cause your father was too much of a coward to do it." Finally I get them on. Why did I choose to wear these again? Nevermind. "Come on we have a party to enjoy." 

"Are you serious?" 

"Free booze what more can you need." Smirking at him as I make my way back inside. Taking a glass of champagne from the nearest serving tray and joining the rest of the guests. Might as well enjoy the party. 

A little party never killed nobody

So we gon' dance until we drop

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189K 6.6K 81
"Did you forget, Ice Pick?" "I'm your trouble and your gladiator. A killer of the fire." "I'm your worst nightmare." ~~@ @ @ ~~ BOOK 3 People change...
21.1K 467 11
Y/n L/n was known for one thing. Death. She was hard to catch, hard to see. At first, she was a science experiment, no no for hydra for a small mafia...
11.1K 565 55
"𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" -𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 When Leora wakes up, the only thing she can remember is h...
1.3K 32 34
After 62 long years of serving Hydra, the dangerous female assassin had finally escaped their unforgiving grasp. She was left with nothing. No name...