Tiptoeing towards love

By Hummin--Bird--love

Completed story✓♥️ Back in the day, Maternal uncle-niece marriages were widely practiced in Southern India, e... More

Introduction (Important, don't skip)
Character Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40

26

18.5K 1.6K 159
By Hummin--Bird--love

Parthiban

"So you came here to escape from your wife?" Dhruv laughs and I look at him warily as I lean back on the chair. He is my close friend and we've known each other since our college days. After passing out, he took upon his father's business legacy in Bangalore and is the CEO of Raj group of companies.

"Not exactly. I came here to save her from myself," I say calmly and Dhruv nods his head, understanding the meaning beneath my words.

"And also to discuss about our establishment of a historical library in Chennai," he sits upright in the chair and comes forward. "I told my father about this and he was not supportive. But he had a point. Unfortunately, many people don't prefer reading Indian history and the advanced knowledge our ancestors possessed back in the day," I nod my head slightly before responding.

"...and that is the core reason why I want us to start a library primarily focusing on ancient Indian science and history. The people of our country need to know how prosperous we were before the invasion and this will definitely motivate them to be proud of our country and work for the betterment of our society as a whole," At my statement, Dhruv looks at me thoughtfully.

I sigh as I speak again, "I get it. From the perspective of a businessman, it is pointless and earns no immediate profit. But we should do this for the development of our nation," He drags a long breath in and speaks, "Well, I've never thought about doing a business for a social purpose without earning profit but I guess I'll start from here," I smile slightly at his words.

And after a bit of chatting, I leave the place and drive back to my guest house in Bangalore. Shrugging off my formals, I dip myself in the warm water filled within the bathtub and tilt my head back, picturizing my Mozhi's angry pout that must have appeared on her face when she had disconnected the call.

If I had been there now, I wouldn't have been capable of handling myself. She is extremely attractive to my eyes now that I started to see her as my wife and all I want to do is ravish her till she becomes a mess in my arms.

I hope these fourteen days are enough to cool down myself. I just have to get a hold of my thoughts and everything will be settled. Then I can wait patiently till she turns twenty-two.

A while later, I put on my comfort clothes and had the dinner that I had ordered online, and eased myself to slumber.

The subsequent days went a little lonelier. Before my Mozhi, I was used to this and never had felt this deserted. But after her arrival and being with her for a month, I couldn't help but want to go back to her...

Tolerating the overwhelming feelings by speaking with her on the phone, I successfully spent a week in Bangalore. I would visit my business friends and work from home and sometimes I stop by the famous spots to divert my mind from continuously thinking about Mozhi.

Another day went by and I bought some clothes for Mozhi from a textile store. After being done with all the duties of the day, I retired to bed and was checking in on my phone when I witnessed a beautiful image of my Mozhi in her status.

She was in a temple along with her friend. I smile as I take in her cute grin but the moment I swipe to the next picture, I quickly sit up on the bed and squint my eyes, displeased.

They were in a restaurant with her guy friend Sam. He was the one taking the selfie and my Mozhi was close to him and her other friend was beside Mozhi.

My stomach churn as my eyes again rake over how close she was to him. Is she doing this deliberately? Or am I just being too paranoid?

Angered, I contact Mozhi and she attends within the first ring itself. "Hi, mama!" She excitedly says while I crankily reply. "Should you be this close to him?" The words roll out of my mouth before I could pause it. I didn't want to be obvious...argh!

"Oh sorry mama. Next time, I will be even more closer to him If it makes you this furious," I grimace at her response. Hence it's apparent that she did it purposely. "There won't be a next time Mozhi. You aren't permitted to step out of that home except for attending college," I grit out irritatedly whereas she chuckles on the other end.

"And...how will you do that? Huh? How will you stop me?"She demands, mockingly. My jaw tightens and I heave a breath out, frustratingly.

"...you know what mama, we are planning to go to a club tomorrow. I'm so excited mama! I've never been to one before. Will people be dancing in an intoxicated state as they show in movies mama? Will there be music and smoke and handsome billionaires with a glass of liquor in their hands?" I groan, horrified at what she had said.

She wants to go to a freaking club? I've been there and it is not a good place at all, especially when you don't have someone trustworthy enough to accompany you. I had gone to clubs often to meet up with some of my business friends who insisted on sharing a conversation there.

Apart from that, I've never preferred going over there.

"Mozhi, it's not a place you are prepared to visit. If you're so curious, I will take you there on my own, but do not ever enter there with your friends or someone else," I explain as calmly as I can but Mozhi huffs.

"Mama, Sam is very protective. He gives me the vibes of an elder brother. He will have my back," The amount of anger I feel in my body is indescribable. I just want to smash this phone and smack some needed senses into her head.

This is why I wanted her to grow up. She is fucking immature. How could she even think of going to a club with a guy she just knew for barely a month? I don't trust any guys with her. Besides that, I don't want my wife to go to a club with some random guy friend of hers. She would've realized it herself If she were a woman, assumably.

"I said no Mozhi. You are not going there," she puffs out some disapproving breath. "...you are being too controlling. It's not good," I hit my own forehead as I continue to answer her.

"When you're this stupid, how else do you expect me to behave? You are frequently putting me in a position to guide you," I lash out fiercely and Mozhi remains silent on the other side.

"Is going with someone I trust to a club a wrong thing?" She whispers, sounding genuinely confused.

"It is Mozhi ma. Don't make me repeat myself. People are not as pleasant as they portray themselves as, sometimes," she lowly replies to my words, "...but Sam is really a nice person mama," I clutch the phone tighter, failing to manage my anger that is on the verge of break out.

"Listen Mozhi ma. This is the last time I'm warning you, don't go..." She mumbles a soft okay but I am not convinced.

I'm packing up today.

"Have you had dinner?" She hums in response. "...I know you're probably indignant over me. But smile Mozhi ma. I miss you," she doesn't for approximately one minute and I call her, unable to interpret her reaction.

"Me too mama," her voice comes out hoarse and I could picture her puffed face as a result of silently wailing. The fact that she loves me to this depth forms a warm feeling to float on my heart but it frightens me at the same time. She is so in love with me and it's the same case with me. Yet I couldn't say it as smoothly as she does or emotionally as she shows it. I am used to curtailing my sentimental side...as most guys do.

It doesn't mean we don't feel pain. It doesn't mean we don't feel hurt. But it's easier to smile or shrug it off than cry and bear the name of a man child or less of a man from the so-called society.

The only time I've ever cried is for my sister. It was an excruciating anguish that needed to be let out of my chest.

I believe these pent-up emotions are the reason for my immense anger. Sometimes, when I get wrathful, I feel like going on a killing spree. But I've learned to control it pretty well...

"Seekram vaanga mama," (Come back soon mama) she trails off, sniveling.

"I will, don't cry..." She instead begins to weep louder. It really pains me and I could only frown as I search for the right words to console her. "...please," I ended up saying the one word that arrived from deep within my heart.

Just halt crying...

"Sorry mama," she takes deep breaths and mutters gently, "You go to bed mama, good night," she disconnected the call after I reciprocated the good night greeting and I swiftly began packing my stuff.

Unfortunately, I received a message from Dhruv that an important business gathering is being held in Bangalore the next day and I must attend it. Several foreign entrepreneurs will also be attending it and it would be of great benefit to our companies If we could create a good bond with them...

I calculated the things in my head and eventually finally decided to take off from here after the meeting.

The night skipped by quickly and on the consequent day, I attended the meeting at sharp 9 'o' clock and was professionally speaking with the various business personalities.

I was desperately waiting for all this to end so that I could meet my Mozhi as soon as I could. But then I pacified myself with the thought that I could surprise her when she returns from college in the evening.

Kanimozhi

Do I really have to do this? Is it okay If I go against my mama's words?

I miss him and my mom so much and it is making me go crazy.

Grandparents are there but they are there out of compulsion and the care they show towards me is too artificial to ignore.

I want him.

My Parthi mama.

I was the one who insisted Sam to take me to the club when he described that his brother often goes there to reduce his stress. I don't know what happens there exactly but If it could just take my mind off from my mama and my mom for a few hours or so, I could be sane...

Without Parthi mama, my mother's thoughts were disturbing me enormously and I had retired to sleep for the past days while sobbing quietly.

With my mama, I don't get affected by my mother's memories much but it's always there, like a water drop hanging off a roof ready to become a puddle as soon as it gets heavier...

Now the situation has gotten out of hand and I could hardly maintain myself. My eyes have gotten dark circles and I have visibly lost a bit of weight within the short span of a week. I couldn't even concentrate on the class or indulge in any active and fun conversation with my friends.

Which is why, seeing my pathetic state, Sam agreed to take me to the club, and at present, I was in a textile shop looking for some modern clothes in the company of Priya. All the clothes I've are plain tops and churidar and I didn't want to be the odd one out in the club. I've seen enough movies to understand that they wear only Western attire.

I gulp when Priya hands me a knee-length black frock with an off-shoulder. I liked it. It was modest, stylish, and beautiful. But the reason I was sulking was due to the fear of my mama ever getting to know about my visit to the club when he had pressed extremely that I shouldn't go unless he tags along with me.

But it's his fault too. How can he leave me alone when he clearly knows the deprivation of love and the depth of emotional turmoil I would undergo in his absence? He should've stayed with me...

I understand that his business is crucial but I wish it wasn't as important as me. Perhaps he was right. I really lack maturity. But I don't know how to get mature mentally. What should I do?

I asked my friend Priya the same question back in college and she answered that it is something people gather through their life experiences. She said some people mature earlier due to the struggles they were exposed to while some take a while to understand the world. And then she mentioned the last type who never gets matured.

I was scared. I didn't want to be that last kind and I told her my worry. She smiled and explained that never becoming mature is not a sign of immaturity alone. She further detailed that it depends on the person and some are just naive by nature while few choose to be ignorant.

Honestly, I couldn't comprehend her words completely neither could I give an insight into those statements. But I understood one thing. She is intelligent for her age...

We are of the same age yet she seems more sorted out than me. I told her the same too and she was again calm as she elucidated that it was due to the obstacles her family had undergone. Meanwhile, I have experienced nothing but love and comfort.

My mother's love.

I couldn't care less about my father who eloped away due to her immense love. She was there for me all the time and I never went anywhere without her except to school. I haven't even gone on a school trip because of my mother's fear. I was greatly adored by my mother.

She was my everything. We are each other's world and losing her, I was left to face this world in a very new light...

It was only because of my mama that I haven't lost my sanity yet.

"Hey," I snap out of my daze and nod toward Priya before excusing to the trial room. I planned to straightly go to the club as I didn't want my grandparents to know this either. I lied to them in the morning that I had extra classes and it would be a bit delayed when I return home.

Sighing a breath out, I watch my changed reflection in the mirror. The dress looked rather cute. I really liked it.

I let my hair down and used the comb from my backpack to straighten my wavy hair. Satisfied with my image in the mirror, I come out of the trial room and was met with several curious gazes. I raise the shoulder up, feeling quite exposed.

"Adorable," Priya comments with a smile. "Thank you," I say in a timid voice.

After a while, she left in an auto to her hostel while I waited in the textile shop for Sam who was to pick me up from here.

He came by shortly in a car and I got in when I made sure that it was Sam who was driving the car. He was in a white T-shirt and jeans and looked cool.

"...wait, who are you? Where is Kani?" I blink at him, perplexed while shutting the car door as I hop in.

"Did you suddenly develop short-term memory loss?" He chuckles at my words and starts to drive off with a shake of his head.

"You look good," he comments and I say 'thank you' while leaning back on the seat. "You know, I like Priya..." He trails off and I nod absentmindedly, feeling an unknown fear rise within my stomach.

Why am I being terrified as If my mama would find out about my visit to the club? He is in Bangalore...he can't possibly know where I am.

"Are you here?" I dejectedly look towards Sam. "Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" He frowns mildly.

"Mama told me not to go. Yet I disobeyed him. He said it's not safe. But I told him that you are there..." He smiles.

"He really loves you," he states and a small smile appears on my lips.

"You don't have to be scared though Kani. Just don't leave my side when we go there and no drinking alcohol and finally no talking to creepy strangers okay?" I nod my head at him, feeling nervous again.

"...then what are we going to do there?" He laughs at my query. "You dance to the music crazily. Forget about your burdens and let your body release the stress," that sounds good.

Nodding, I slant back again.

"So, when are you going to propose to her?" I quirk my eyebrows playfully. "I don't know, I was about to ask you for suggestions," I nod as I go ahead.

"I think you should wait. She needs to warm up to you more before you say your feelings. And you know, I'm sure she's aware of your feelings by now. Let the time fly and eventually, she will reveal her love herself If she falls for you," a boyish smile decorates his lips and I smile silently seeing his almost blushing self.

The long-spread sky turns dark as we reach the club. I was truly apprehensive now...

Two big men stand outside and let us in after checking a pass offered by Sam. There were many people, dressed in Western clothes, talking with each other with a glass of liquor in their hands just as I imagined.

It was actually worse.

People were dancing...wildly. I felt uncomfortable and stay low behind Sam as he settles himself on a couch alongside the dance aisle.

The club has a dark environment and only a few disco lights and yellow lights were turned on. And the music was being played by the DJ with people around cheering him up and dancing crazily...

Will I fit in here?

"Go and dance," Sam urges and I give him a look of disbelief. "Amidst these people? They would devour me If I got in there. It's bustling and they are dancing like they're out of their mind," he smiles.

"Some came to have fun while some came here to relieve their distress. So what's wrong in dancing like they're out of their mind?" I squint my eyes at him and stay rooted in my place.

"...should I help you fit in?" He asks and I gulp. This is no new and I'm very anxious. "Come," he gets my hand and guides me through the dancing crowd.

He urges me to dance and I stand there with my heart thudding. But then he begins to dance and I eventually pick up the rhythm and start to sway my body and hands too.

Initially, it was awkward.

But as time went by, I was delighted and danced freely. The people around were really sweet. They smile at each other and some even come forward to dance a duet. I stayed away from guys as much as I could but everyone seemed to be drowned in great pleasure as they danced without a care in this world.

After a few minutes of dancing, I felt good. My mind eased itself and focused solely on dancing and listening to the music. It was overwhelming and soothing at the same time.

Another couple of minutes later, I was tired and looked around and got a glimpse of Sam vibing to the music with his eyes closed.

My throat was parched and I needed water. I knew how in movies few bad guys would drug girls so I mindfully slid out of the crowd and walk up to the bar counter.

The bartender was doing a great job in entertaining people with his skills of pouring the liquor in classes elegantly and lowering it on the tray effortlessly.

It was mesmerizing to watch.

When the waiter took away the tray, I approach the bartender and whisper slowly. "May I get some water?" He was amused, to say the least. "New here?" I nod my head and he smiles before pouring some liquor on a tiny glass.

I glare at him. Is he crazy?

"It's less alcoholic and keeps you levelheaded and fresh," I hesitate but he urges with an encouraging smile.

"You aren't lying, are you? If you're planning on drugging me because I don't know about liquors...then you are in danger. My husband is a police officer!" I lie, so that he would back off If he did try to deceive me.

However, he just widens his smile. "I do have a mother and sister at home. And If any, I would try to help any girl then put them at possible risk," I melt at his words. "Thanks, brother," I grin and have the liquor in one sip. It is tasty unlike what I presumed the liquor to taste like. "Can I get one more?" I ask and he smirks.

"It's enough for the whole day," confused, I back off into the crowd and began to dance again yet after a little bit of time, my head began buzzing.

That brother said it is not alcoholic but why is everything around me blurring?

Then I felt it, a hand around my waist and instinctively, I turn back quickly and was stunned to see that bartender. He is not wearing the work clothes but a simple T-shirt now.

I realized my stupidity and was frozen for a while before I drag my leg back and dash my knee harshly between his private spot.

He was least expecting that. I could say it by the scream he let out and the way he fell to the floor. The music stopped playing and I was feeling insane with the influence of alcohol...

I just wanted to kill him. How dare he touch me! "...you scoundrel," I lash out before using my foot to kick on his private spot again but Sam comes to me and holds me back as the guy is already rolling in pain.

Few people helped the guy up and that's when my foggy eyes lands on a person who moves through the crowd that surrounds me and stands still upon seeing my state.

My body went chill even though I was sweating a while ago. However, seeing him made me tear up instantly and I rush towards him and jump on him.

He catches me as I balance myself over his body and cling to him. No one said anything and it's as If everyone knew what happened. I heard the bartender being slapped by Sam who was cursing simultaneously.

For a moment, everything else disappeared to me except him and his warm embrace. I require this man to feel alive.

Placing my cheeks on his shoulder, I close my eyelids, feeling at peace.

I didn't know what actually transpired after that. Everything was vague. I remember seeing Sam and my mama speaking and then I was placed inside a car.

After that, when I open my eyes, I was on the couch of our room. Mama was standing right in front of me and I tilt my head to look up at his infuriated eyes.

He is angry.

I feel him leaning down to face me and I shudder at the sensation of his hand resting against my bare shoulder. But it lasts only for a few seconds before he adjusts the dress properly.

I want him...

My body is tingling. Without much thought, I grab at his collar and press my lips against his. Mama tried to back off but I pulled him closer.

I whine in disapproval when he separates our lips. "Do you know what I want to do now? I just have this impulse to slap you," his words enter my head but I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Come, slap me wherever you want," I smile with my eyes shut.

"Come on, you should take a shower to reduce this booze," I shake my head at his words. "You shower me.." I smile again and slid the shoulder down my arm.

"Mozhi!" I see a hazy image of him shutting his eyes and turning around.

"I'm your wife," I drag, standing up unsteadily and approaching him. I hug him from behind and sigh as I feel at home...

Then he swirls around in my hold and nuzzles his head in my neck. He wasn't doing anything but all my being shivered with the graze of his eyelashes, nose, lips, mustache, and beard.

He cuddles me more tightly and he moves us to the bed where he lets me lay on his chest.

This is what I needed.

__________________________

Because people are only intend on reading but neither are voting or commenting, I've finally decided to do this. It's unfamiliar to me but I am not planning to update till the chapter gets it's deserved votes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.5K 9.1K 57
Love story between a secret agent and a cute college girl.......Village concept....... Maama and murai ponnu love
1M 50.8K 33
𝘽𝙮 𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆 # 01 Get ready to immerse yourself in the enthralling world of "Ayesha," a story about a 19-year-old college gi...
87.1K 3.9K 26
This is the story of a comman Housewife.who struggles in her in law's house whose torcher her like no end. But she never leave the hope of her life. ...
280K 31.7K 44
Completed story✓♥️ Vishwa is an unfriendly and depressed divorcee who comes to despise women upon the mental cruelty, more precisely, cheating, his e...