Kindred Spirits In Revenge |...

By RavisingMadness

When we're young, we're taught the distinction between a hero and a villain... good and evil. A savior and a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

207 14 1
By RavisingMadness

For the next following days, Josie felt like she was watching from the sidelines, while the new boy who appeared from the ashes named Landon got acquainted with Hope. The two of them, considered to be the 'outcasts' or simply abominations of nature, found comfort in each other, and naturally gravitated into trusting one another growing closer by the day. Landon couldn't remember anything past what happened that night, he didn't know why he wanted to harm those students, or how he turned into a monster, most importantly who was behind all this. And Hope felt nothing but alienated from the rest of the students because simply she held so much power that people were either scared of her or wanted nothing but to antagonize her. Landon was the only person who saw Hope for what she truly was, understood the length of her power but needed none of it and the last few days had proven that she wasn't in fact in danger from him but the opposite.

Hope Mikaelson finally looked like she was letting go, finally letting someone approach her without worrying that she's going to be betrayed, used or hurt. Even though she didn't know Landon's true intentions yet, or who was the one who turned the boy into a monster something urged her to take care of him, to make him feel he wasn't just another lost cause.

"So you're a hundred percent sure that you don't remember anything about turning into a monster? You don't remember anything, at all?"

Alaric sighed.

"I truly hope I could remember something, anything to help you. But it's all a blur in my head..."

Landon explained to Alaric. After accommodating the boy for a week they had to finalise the decision on whether they would let him stay in the boarding school or send him back.

"Ric, he has nowhere to go and no one has asked for him. You couldn't possibly think that sending him back is a good idea!"

"Hope, this is not your decision to make."

"I don't recall having any family."

"Foster parents?"

"No."

"Look, Landon. This place is designed for creatures that hold massively destructive powers. Nothing like you've ever seen before.
It's not safe for you here."

"I can protect him.
I will make sure no one gets near him-"

"Hope!"

"I understand that, but I also know what happened that night might happen again.
I might also pose great danger to them."

"That doesn't make your case any easier."

"It also means I'm not powerless."

"He has to stay.
This school is meant to be a safe space for people who don't belong anywhere else.
Do you see anywhere he can go?
Because I don't."

"I get that, but the responsibility falls on me. I can't risk anything happening to the students. They are above anything else."

"He is staying."

Hope said persistently and gave Alaric an ultimate look of desperation and plead. She wasn't going to let the one thing that kept her sane get taken away from her, to her this was becoming more of a personal matter.

"Landon, you are dismissed."

"Oh- okay, I guess I'll go now.."

The boy left the office without a clear answer, but he knew deep down inside him that he didn't belong to this school, but he also didn't know where to go if not there.

"Stop letting your feelings cloud your decision."

"I am not!
Feelings have nothing to do with this."

"You are getting emotional, Hope
It's fine to admit you've grown an attachment to that boy."

"I don't grow attachments.
He is simply not a threat anymore,
And if he becomes one..
I will make it my personal duty to terminate him."

"You would do that?"

"Let him stay."

"I will, if you keep your end of the bargain."

"Consider it done."

Hope stormed out of the office, a feeling of achievement taking over her. However, Alaric didn't look all that convinced but for now the boy was safe and that means she bought him time even if the headmaster ended up changing his mind later on. Landon followed after the girl who rushed to get back to her room, simply to avoid another emotional encounter with him. Alaric was right. She was starting to grow an attachment, and there's no way in hell that should happen right now.

"Hope!!"
"Will you please wait for a moment??"

"I'm kinda busy, I'll catch you later.."

Landon stopped the door from smashing with force into his face. Hope was growing cold after that meeting, he could tell as much.

"Wait.
"Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong.
You're staying for now, but I wouldn't make myself too comfortable if I were you."

"Do you think he will change his mind?"

"There's a possibility."

"And you're not okay with that."

"I...."

Hope paused, and for the first time after a long time she couldn't bring herself to admit what she was thinking.

"I didn't say that."

"Can I come in?"

"Like I said I'm busy..."

"It's Saturday, studying can wait?"

"Fine. Come in."

Saturday night found the two of them sitting on Hope's bed, discussing about their lives, occasionally laughing at each other and their awkward jokes until Landon felt the need to share something.

"You know I didn't..I didn't mean to bring all this into your life, Hope.
Any of it.
I'm sorry I even walked in the moment I did."

"Are you serious? You're literally the best thing that has happend this whole term."

"Your life here does kinda suck, to be honest. Good thing I showed up."

"Hey, shut up!"

Hope laughed wholeheartedly and playfully smacked Landon's arm.

"No wonder why you tried so hard to convince the headmaster today."

"He does tend to listen to me,
occasionally."

"Well, I must be pretty lucky then."

"Extremely lucky.."

Landon gazed into the blue eyes that were radiating nothing but happiness at this very moment, Hope's eyes were something else he thought.
They were simply magical.
He could swear they were flirting with him and if not, Hope was probably extremely skilled at charming others by using her irresistible gaze.

And one would be a fool not to fall for that girl in an instant. Especially, when she looked that fucking perfect, especially when he was the reason that she looked her happiest.

To his surprise, the auburn was thinking far ahead and before he realized she closed the distance between them by locking their lips in a sweet and mellow kiss.

That very moment, someone knocked and impatiently opened Hope's door, once again Josie was not prepared for what she was about to walk in to nor her heart shattering again.

"Damnit- couldn't you.."

"S-Sorry.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 264 30
When young heretic Michelle arrives at The Salvatore School For The Young And Gifted, she instantly realises that she starts doing something she hasn...
185K 4.1K 26
Hope figures she owes it to her father to find some peace for both of them. But first, she feelscompelled to help Josie find hers. Because that's wha...
1.4K 88 12
When we're young ...we're taught the distinction between ...a hero and a villian good and evil a savior and a lost cause but what if......the only r...
14.2K 381 31
This is a story about hosie. (thats all I'm saying because I want you read it find out what its about.) #1 Hosie 3/30/2022