The Life And Adventures of Iv...

By December_Jones

COMPLETED Ivykit, the daughter of a traitor and adopted by her cruel aunt, is determined to prove herself. Fo... More

Prologue
STAGE ONE - KIT
Chapter 1 - Moon 2
Chapter 2 - Moon 2
Chapter 3 - Moon 3
Chapter 4 - Moon 4
Chapter 5 - Moon 4
Chapter 6 - Moon 5
STAGE TWO - APPRENTICE
Chapter 7 - Moon 5
Chapter 8 - Moon 6
Chapter 9 - Moon 6
Chapter 10 - Moon 7
Chapter 11 - Moon 7
Chapter 12 - Moon 8
Chapter 13 - Moon 8
Chapter 14 - Moon 9
Chapter 15 - Moon 10
Chapter 17 - Moon 11
Chapter 18 - Moon 11
STAGE THREE - WARRIOR
Chapter 19, Moon 12
Chapter 20, Moon 12
Chapter 21, Moon 12
Chapter 22 - Moon 13
Chapter 23 - Moon 14
Chapter 24 - Moon 14
Chapter 25 - Moon 15
Chapter 26 - Moon 15
STAGE FOUR - MENTOR
Chapter 27 - Moon 16
Chapter 28 - Moon 16
Chapter 29 - Moon 17
Chapter 30 - Moon 17
THE CLAN OF FALLING ROCK
Chapter 31 - Moon 17
Chapter 32 - Moon 18
Chapter 33 - Moon 18
Chapter 34 - Moon 19
Chapter 35 - Moon 19
Chapter 36 - Moon 19
Chapter 37 - Moon 20
Chapter 38 - Moon 20
Chapter 39 - Moon 21
Chapter 40 - Moon 21
STAGE FIVE - THE END
Author's note
THE CLAN OF RISING STAR
CLAN OF SWAYING GRASS
CLAN OF FALLING ROCK
CLAN OF TALL TREES
FAN ART
Fanart (2)

Chapter 16 - Moon 10

366 35 181
By December_Jones

Ivypaw dodged, her battle training taking over. She planted her feet, hissing at the she-cat. Another cat approached from the side, and Ivypaw lunged toward him, managing to knock one of his paws off balance. She felt the she-cat's claws dig into her bad shoulder and she screeched with pain.

Suddenly the pressure was released, and Ivyapw rolled over, flinging droplets of blood onto the camp floor. Blackstripe fought the she-cat fearlessly, spitting and hissing. Ivypaw whirled her head around, looking just in time to dodge the tom. She darted towards him again, but her shoulder failed her and she didn't make contact. Seizing the opportunity, the tom jumped on her.

The tom was relentless, slashing her again and again, more blood joining the fray. Ivypaw leapt up blindly, clenching her jaw on the first thing that she came into contact with. "AHHHH!" the tom screeched in pain, letting her go.

Ivypaw spun, trying to survey the battle. It was absolutely chaos. Ivypaw couldn't tell friend from foe. As the tom she'd injured stumbled, Ivypaw zeroed in on a large tom pinning Snowpaw to the ground and without hesitation she leapt forward, knocking the large cat off her sister. Snowpaw rolled to her feet, her normally white fur brown and red, but her blue eyes just as bright. They exchanged a look of understanding before leaping in together, Ivypaw biting the tom's right leg and Snowpaw clawing up his ear.

The tom turned, hissing behind his shoulder, and jumped back into the fray. "Nursery!" Snowpaw yowled, "we have to protect the Nursery!"

Ivypaw leapt over a passed out apprentice, who she vaguely recognized as Earthpaw, around Branchfall and his opponent, finally reaching the nursery. She glanced back to check for Snowpaw, but the she-cat was already hurling herself at a Flalling Rock warrior that was pinning Winterthorn.

The chaos continued into the nursery, and Ivypaw realized with horror that the kits weren't inside the safety tunnel, but instead lay cowering behind Sunshine and Larktail. Ivypaw leapt forward, sinking her claws into one of the four enemy cats in the nursery. "Ivypaw!" Larktail screeched, "we can handle this! Get our kits and get out of here!"

Ivypaw only paused for a moment, staring doubtfully at the four cats they were fighting. Sunshine's normally cheery, peaceful personality was gone. The queen was a blur of rage, her claws moving so fast Ivypaw couldn't track them. Larktail was older, but her years of experience shone through as she deftly handled each cat.

Ivypaw gave the cat she'd been fighting one last slash before breaking away, hurrying towards the kits. How am I supposed to get them out of here?

Ivypaw grabbed one of the youngest kits first, which happened to be Forestkit. Nightkit leapt up from where his siblings were cowering, "Let me help! I'm five moons old!"

"No," Ivypaw snapped through her mouthful of kit, and didn't pause before pelting out of the den. She dodged past cats battling, heading towards the medicine Cat den. Branchfall spotted her, and he sent his opponent flying with a kick, turning to follow Ivypaw, fighting off any cat who tried to touch her.

Ivypaw entered the Medicine Cat den, which was surprisingly quiet. Birchpaw's herbs were scattered, but no cat was inside. Ivypaw placed the one moon old kit through the same tiny tunnel Redpaw had found all those moons ago. The kit tattered on his unstable feet, mewing. "Run," Ivypaw urged, "into the forest!"

The little kit seemed to understand, turning to hobble into the trees. Ivypaw couldn't stop and think what would happen to a lonely kit in the forest, but turned back into he battle. Branchfall was gone from outside the Medicine Cat den. Ivypaw scanned the battle, looking for an opening. She had to rescue the remaining kits.

A cat collided with Ivypaw's back, sending her sprawling. She rolled to her feet, ready for a fight. "Quartzpaw?" She meowed, shocked.

Quartzpaw slashed Ivypaw's muzzle, adding more blood to the ground. Ivypaw dodged her next attack, then rolled behind the she-cat before leaping onto her back in one fluid movement. Ivypaw bit her ear, pressed her teeth in as she tried to shake her off. Quartzpaw's legs buckled, and Ivypaw pinned her down, slashing the she-cat's face.

"Get off of her!" a tom leapt forward, knocking Ivypaw to the ground.

"Rockwhisker, I can handle this," Quartzpaw hissed.

Ivypaw got to her paws, winded.

"Clearly you can't." The older tom hissed back, before leaping at Ivypaw once again.

Ivypaw attempted to dodge,but the tom was too quick. His large paws pinned her down securely. "I'll teach you never to mess with my daughter," he snarled.

Ivypaw struggled, trying to bite and scratch him. Rockwhisker lifted one meaty paw, shoving Ivypaw's face to the side, exposing her vulnerable neck. Ivypaw began to panic, twisting and turning as the tom drew closer.

Then the tom was pushed off of her. Ivypaw tried to get back on her paws, coughing. Runningmouse had the tom pinned. Although he was smaller, he seemed to anticipate every move from the large tom.

"You would hurt your own kin?" the tom croaked.

Ivypaw didn't have time to listen to Runningmouse's answer, instead leaping up to intercept Quartzpaw from attacking her clanmate. She raised her paw to slash the enemy apprentice when a yowl echoed across the battle. "Falling Rock, retreat! Boulderstar has lost a life!"

Quartzpaw spat at Ivypaw before turning tail to flee after her clanmates. Ivypaw's legs shook, then collapsed under her. She lay, finally letting her unsealed body relax. The pain she hadn't felt during the battle rushed in all at once, and her fur felt like it was on fire.

"Are you okay?" Runningmouse's hazy figure appeared above her, "don't fall asleep just yet, okay?"

Ivypaw nodded, trying to keep her eyes open. But if only she could close them, the pain would disappear.

Runningmouse leaned down, nudging her into a sitting position. "Hey, don't die, okay? I'm going to go get Dreamwalker."

Ivypaw shook the tiredness out of her eyes. She was fine. She had to be fine. "I won't."

Runningmouse turned and ran towards the camp entrance. Ivypaw watched him go, respect for him building inside her. He had been through the same battle as everyone else, yet while his clanmates struggled to stand, he took action.

A frantic Larktail stumbled out of the Nursery, looking frantic. "Where's my kits?"

Ivypaw stood up, taking a deep breath. She was fine. "I let Forestkit out of the Medicine Cat den, I haven't seen Goldkit."

Branchfall, who was right behind his mate, stepped forward, "Whay do you mean you don't know where Goldkit is?? I saw you can Forestkit out, and when I went back to get Goldkit she was gone, so I assumed you took her." His voice cracked with fear. Ivypaw had never seen the calm tomcat so agitated.

"I only had the chance to grab Forestkit." Ivypaw turned towards the Medicine Cat den "I'll go get him!"

She half ran and half hobbled into the den, finding Birchpaw scrambling to find herbs. She passed him without wasting a second l, squeezing through the small exit. "Forestkit!" She called.

"Over here!" Morningkit and Daykit crawled out of a bush, carrying the tiny Forestkit with them. "Branchfall said we had to stay here and be really quiet," Morningkit meowed.

"Where's Goldkit?"

Morningkit blinked in confusion, "Goldkit was never out here with us."

"Oh great Rising Star please," Ivypaw prayed. Where was the little kit? She couldn't even walk!

"Have you seen Nightkit?" Daykit asked worriedly.

Ivypaw froze, her mind rushing back to the battle. Nightkit had wanted to help. The pieces began to fall together. Nightkit had tried to take Goldkit to safety. But there was no way the two kits had made it though the battle unharmed. "You three - go back in the camp."

Ivypaw ran around to use the real entrance, her tiredness forgotten. The kits had beat her there, and both Sunshine and Larktail were sobbing, licking Ivypaw and Branchfall's dried blood off the kits' fur.

Blackstripe looked up as Ivypaw approached. "Where's Nightkit?" Her usually calm mentor nearly yelled the words.

"I don't know, I-"

"Over here!" Ivypaw turned to see Pebbleclaw crouched over the brush that surrounded the Warrior's den. He was halfway treated by Brichpaw, who was trying to apply poultice to the deputy's ear.

Ivypaw ran alongside Blackstripe, Branchfall, Sunshine and Larktail, but her paws slid to a stop. Nightkit lay curled up in a sleeping position, unbreathing. Ivypaw's heart stuttered.

The yowl that came from Sunshine was unbearable. Her legs gave out as the sound of pure grief ripped out of her body. And still, Nightkit didn't move. The happy, loud, cheerful kit would never move again.

"He is with the Clan Of Rising Star now," Acornstar murmured, coming up beside the grieving queen.

Sunshine ignored the leader, moving forward to lick her kit. As she licked his fur, the nearly apprenticed kit rolled slightly open, his lifeless eyes turning towards the sky. And curled up beneath him, Goldkit's head moved up, her eyes blinking, her gold fur shining out against his black coat. Nightkit had given his life to shield the little kit from harm.

Ivypaw choked on a sob in her throat, watching Larktail bring the gold-furred kit close to her, Goldkit yawning as if waking up from a nap.

"I will kill," Sunshine whispered, "every last Falling Stone cat left in this world."

○○○

Over the next few days, Dreamwalker stayed with them to help them recover. The whole clan was shaken by Nightkit's death, and the hatred for the Clan of Falling Rock was at an all time high. Although they had won the battle, the clan was not satisfied.

Ivypaw, along with the rest of the clan, was also healing from major to minor injuries. Riverflower was suffering from a gash along her flank, and Redpaw was missing a chunk from his ear, a trait he would now carry forever. It was strange what a battle did to Ivypaw's views of her adopted mother and brother. Despite any differences they had, they all fought just as hard to protect the Clan.

Ivypaw was laying next to Snowpaw, basking in the sun and trying not to think of the battle, when Birchpaw and Dreamwalker approached them. "Um, Ivypaw? Can I have a word?" Birchpaw asked.

Ivypaw exchanged a glance with Snowpaw, who shrugged. "Yeah, sure." She replied, getting to her paws.

"You are 12 moons old," Dreamwalker began,

"I'm actually not, I'm only te-"

"you are on the verge of warriorhood." Dreamwalker cast a disapproving glance at Birchpaw, "Birchpaw should have guided you and Winterthorn to the Moonstone long ago."

"Maybe if you, Clayfeather, or Songbird had actually decided to mention it -"

"We will make up for it by bringing you now." Dreamwalker continued. Birchpaw was right, he did remind her a little of Winterthorn.

"Now? Like right now?" Ivypaw flexed her paws, glad that her shoulder seemed to be a little better.

"Yes." Dreamwalker meowed.

"Well, we can give you a little time to-"

"Time to do what? Nothing. We leave now." Dreamwalker turned towards the entrance.

Ivypaw stated after his retreting tail for only a second before following, Birchpaw muttering behind her, "Me Dreamwalker. Me leave now." In his best imitation of what a dog would sould like if it spoke cat.

Ivypaw muffled a laugh, the first laugh she'd had since the battle. As they began to travel through the forest, heading for the Clan of Swaying Grass territory, Birchpaw and Ivypaw quickly caught up to Dreamwalker, then passed him, then were forced to wait as he picked his way through the branches. "It ridiculous that you cats live in a place so... cluttered." Dreamwalker meowed irritability as he tripped over a branch.

Ivypaw had never thought of the beautiful forest floor being cluttered, nor hard to travel through. It was second nature for her to leap from long to lock and step around sticks so they didn't snap.

After many complaints, they passed across the border. Ivypaw's shoulder was beginning to ache, and she wished she was sleeping back home. Dreamwalker stretched as soon as he left the forest, looking delighted. Soon, it was Birchpaw and Ivypaw struggling to keep up with the tomcat loping strides. Ivypaw was sure his legs weren't even touching the ground, and Dreamwalker did not wait for them to catch up, only leaving Ivypaw's shoulder hurting more.

Finally the tom stopped at the top of a hill, and Ivypaw struggled after him, her shoulder sending sparks of pain through her body.

As Ivypaw reached the top of the hill, her panting breath caught at the sight before her. A tall, glistening waterfall cascaded down with a thunderous roar, its crystalline waters crashing into the river below-the very river that marked the boundary between their clans. The scene was breathtaking, a powerful natural spectacle that momentarily diverted her thoughts from the recent battle.

"Cool, huh?" Birchpaw asked, padding up beside her.

Ivypaw nodded. She'd never seen a Clan of Rising Star cat or felt one, but she could now. It was almost as if they were whispering though the crash and thunder of the water.

The three of them walked down the hill, heading straight for the base of the waterfall. Ivypaw hesitated, the memories of nearly dying from this same river coming back to her. "Hey," Birchpaw meowed, as if guessing her worries, "If you fall, I'll rescue you again. Don't worry too much."

"I won't fall," Ivypaw said with fiend confidence, but his words did help a little. She trusted that Birchpaw would do his best to save her if she fell in.

They followed Dreamwalker onto a ledge that entered just behind the waterfall. As soon as Ivypaw stepped behind the crashing falls, the atmosphere changed. The outside world was muffled, all the scents, noise and sight were affected by the waterfall. Ivypaw realized Dreamwalker was Birchpaw hadn't stopped, but when she turned to look at them, her breath caught.

There was only a small bowl shaped cave cut out behind the waterfall, revealing a spike of glistening stone, smaller clusters surrounding it. Dreamwalker and Birchpaw didn't speak, instead laying down, pressing thier noses into the gem. Ivypaw copied them, a little dubiously, and as soon as she did everything went dark.

She was on a lush mountainside. A few trees scattered around her, and rich green plants grew all the way to the top. Ivypaw glanced around and realized this was the Clan of Falling Rock territory, but instead of empty rock it was bustling with life.

"Apprentice."

Ivypaw turned to see a pretty white she-cat with strange light blue eyes padding towards her. She was glowing slightly on the edges of her fur, almost like a trick of the light. Her belly was plump and healthy. "Who are you?" Ivypaw demanded, then remember this was probably someone she had to be respectful too, added, "Um, you look lovely."

The she-cat chortled with amusement. "Thank you. I am Crystalpelt of the Clan of Falling Rock. I have some news to deliver to you."

Ivypaw felt her fur stand on end and took a step back, glancing towards the safety of her forest. "Stay away from my clan," She hissed.

"I am not here to hurt you, little Tall Trees apprentice. I died recently; from the attack of a wolf. So I know what is going on in my clan." Crystalpelt took a step closer, "my clan is starving. You must give us that land, we need it to survive."

"Not our problem," Ivypaw hissed.

"You don't understand! Kits are dying! We used to rely on the underground life, like mice, voles and bats that live in our caves, but our underground river dried up. The animals have all left," Crystalpelt took another step closer, "You must understand! We are dying!"

"You're clan's kits may be dying," Ivypaw straightened up determinedly, "but your Clan also killed our kit last night."

Crystalpelt stumbled back, momentarily confused, "No! That wasn't the plan, you're lying! We were only going to intimidate your clan."

"Go search the forest for a kit named Nightkit." Ivypaw snarled, "I'm sure he's here somewhere. Ask him how he died."

Ivylaw felt her surroundings begin to fade, and Crystalpelt panicked. "WAIT! One more thing! Stay..." the lush grass began to fade, "away from..." The faces of Birchpaw and Dreamwalker began to come into view, "Violetpaw!" Crystalpelt's yowl echoed in Ivypaw's head as the Clan of Rising Star faded completely from view.

This is Crystalpelt, a former warrior of the Clan of Falling Rock and now resides with the Clan of Rising Star.

❤️Don't forget to vote or comment if you like the chapter! Thanks, I love you all!! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 262 51
A fanfiction based of Warriors by Erin Hunter. What if... The dark forest WON?!? Join Ivypool, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather as they try to win back the...
348 38 27
This is VERY OLD! This isn't my best writing, check out my profile for better writing! Discontinued, but up for views and because I spent lots of tim...
7.4K 235 45
Moonsky, a Squirrelclan warrior, gets incredibly mad when her best friend Pebbleclaw becomes leader and doesn't choose her to be deputy. Moonsky runs...
845 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...