A Friend of Another Friend

By bb2410

Misty Louise Paul has lived most of her childhood immersed in her studies and her favorite pass time...puzzle... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Eleven

841 40 6
By bb2410

-Misty's P.O.V.-

Friday afternoon came and It was my chore day so that meant it was time to clean. After I came back from school I tied up my hair, threw on some ripped jeans and a semi clean t-shirt and began scrubbing down everything. As I cleaned my mind kept switching off to different topics. School, my family, work, Jayden. I stopped scrubbing for a second. What happened two days ago was pretty weird. As far as I was concerned we were about to kiss. I shook my head, but didn't he have a girlfriend? That was really sketchy.

As far as you're concerned you were putting in as much effort as he was. My thoughts said. I frowned deeply and scrubbed harder on the counter.

"Ohh...any harder and it might break." Tess said giving me a concerned look. I gave her a small smile and watched as she grabbed a can of soda before she headed back into her room.

I calmed down on my scrubbing and finished washing the dishes and wiping everything else down. I went into the living room and began vacuuming the carpet around the chairs and tables. It was loud enough to drown my thoughts about Jayden for the time being. But my mind couldn't stop flashing images of his lips drawing closer to mine, it couldn't stop the feeling that passed through me like it was happening all over again.

I was so into it that I didn't even notice Alex screaming at me to stop.

"WHAT?" I called out to her.

All I saw was her mouth moving but no words were coming out.

"WHAT?" I repeated.

She shook her head and turned off the vacuum.

"What?" I said more quietly.

"We're going out." She said.

I furrowed my brow. "Where?" I asked.

She smiled. "Shopping." She said excitedly. I scratched my head.

"Why?" I asked.

She frowned. "Did you forget we're having the meet and greet tomorrow night?" She said. "And that we decided to wear black?" Alex added.

I stared at her, I remembered it too clearly. I just didn't want to go shopping.

"Oh yeah." I said. I pointed to the vacuum. "Go on without me, chore day." I said blaming the cleaning.

She rolled her eyes and grabbed the vacuum from me. "You're going what are you suppose to wear?" She asked me.

I thought. "A nice top and pants." I said.

"We are wearing dresses." Alex said.

"It's cold outside." I said.

"That doesn't stop style." She responded.

I sighed heavily and then went into my room to change. I slipped on something comfortable and when I stepped out the girls were already done and changed. Alex grabbed onto my hand so I didn't "dissappear" or something and we headed off.

Downtown Indiana was a buzzing area, I couldn't even lie. There were tons of stores with mannequins wearing the latest trends. Big tvs displaying commercials and products. We all walked together arms linked with one another touring the area. I am so glad I brought my money.

Alex dragged us to a store called MONICA's and the place was nice buzzing with a couple of people browsing and store representatives waiting to help anyone in need of assistance. A brunette haired lady walked up to us with a big smile on her face.

"Welcome to Monica's I'm Daurine do you need any help?" She asked us.

Alex nodded. "We are looking for sexy black dresses for a sorority gathering." She replied. The lady nodded and ushered us to a viewing area for trying on outfits. She told us to wait and when she came back she had an arm load of black dresses for us to try on. We all hopped into the dressing room two at a time seeing what fit best. It was a couple of trys before we got anything we liked. Alex finally agreed on a black fitted short dress with a see through neckline which looked fantastic on her. Chrishell focused on a fitted-short, black wrap around type dress with silver diamonds around the waists and strap of the dress, Tessly got a simple black dress with a sheer single strap, it looked perfect on her. Finally it was my turn and I hadn't found anything I liked that gave me the cover-up image I was looking for. So Daurine found me something that she thought I would like and I thought it was either this one or I was going home. As I slipped it on, I had a feeling I was going to like it. In the viewing room I appeared the girls mouth dropped. I gave them a serious look. "Does it look bad?" I asked them.

"No way." Tess said.

I turned to look in the mirror and looked at the dress. It was short like it was suppose to be, it was strapless and on top of the whole thing was lace. The arms, and up to the throat. It was sophisticated and classy. Like me.

"Check out the back, girl." Chrishell mentioned.

I turned around and took a look over my shoulder. The back was amazing the lace stopped around the top of my back and the back remained bare then mid- lower back it continued in the black lace. I was sold.

"You have to get it Misty." Alex commented.

I turned to her and gave her a smile. "Don't worry I'm buying it." I said.

Daurine took that as a confirmation and rang me up. After I finished paying we were browsing some stores for shoes and stuff but Alex again had her on idea about that. She dragged us a couple of stores down and we stopped at some big glass doors.

"The Louboutin store!" Chrishell and Tess gushed.

"Yep, nothing but class comes with a little black dress." Alex said pushing us into the store. This store wasn't as crowded as the others and it had more classy and clean look to it. There were ladies waiting with their professional looks going on and they immediately sat us down for shoes.

I was happy but secretly crying inside about how I was going to afford these shoes.

When we all found matching pairs that we all liked simple black with the red on the bottom thats when one of the ladies asked. "How will you be paying?"

I'll be paying with broke bitch.

"Credit card, and can can you box these separately please." Alex said.

The lady nodded and went to go ring them up.

"Alex..for real?" I asked her.

She turned to look at us giving us dumbfounded looks. "You guys are the closet things I got to sisters, why not?" She said.

I felt tears in my eyes. And we all attacked her in a group hug.

"Aww guys don't be getting all soft on me and shit." She laughed.

-

Saturday came and we were off to the Zeta Theta Nu house decorating and making sure everything was perfect for the day. Alex was on the phone with the caterers discussing some appetizers and drinks for the guests.

Before we knew it, it was the evening and it was time to get dressed. We hopped into one of the bedrooms and threw on our dresses and heels. We did our makeup all applying devil red lipstick, popping eyeliner and mascara to give us the dark look.

We were done and thats when we heard the doorbell ring. Alex was on it making it to the door before any of us could finish getting down the stairs. Crowds of girls came swimming in and we got straight to work to whatever Alex assigned us to do.

I was in charge of showing the rooms and amenities if they chose Zeta as their sorority. It was fun meeting different girls and it was even more exciting when they complimented me on my shoes and that I looked amazing in them. Hours passed and I'd like to say it was a success. Lots of girls said they were making Zeta their number one choice and that made me beam. The only thing that stood out for me was that a couple of the girls that were in here didn't seem to be looking for a sorority. They were standing in corners pointing and whispering to each other. As a matter of fact they looked pretty familiar.

A light bulb flashed. Wasn't that Jenna's crew or something?

What the hell did they want?

I came downstairs and plopped on the couch along with Tess, Alex, and Chrishell.

"That was exhausting." I said kicking off my heels to give my feet a break.

The girls did the same and agreed.

"I think we're getting a lot of bids." Tess noted.

We all nodded. Alex beamed.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yea, a lot of girls said they were putting Zeta as first choice." Chrishell said.

Alex jumped up on the couch and began dancing and we laughed.

"Well this place must have been the seller or something because its great." I said leaning back against the couch.

Alex stopped jumping and looked at us seriously. "Do you guys want to move in?" She asked us. We all looked up at her to see if she was joking or something.

"Really?" We all said.

She nodded and stepped off the couch. "I mean its not a forced thing but it would be appropriate for the beginning members to be living here." She said.

That made sense. And who was I to refuse we had a pool!

"I'm already in." I said.

"Me too." Chrishell said.

"Me three." Tess pipped in.

Alex smiled. "One more thing." She said.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We never picked a president and vice president of Zeta Theta Nu." Alex said.

We looked over at Chrishell. She shook her head. "I might fight a bitch too risky." She said.

We turned to Tess she shook her head as well. "I'm not the leader type and creeps are attracted to me." She noted.

Now Alex and I looked at each other.

I spoke up. "It's only natural that you do it, you've been doing almost everything for us." I said.

Everyone agreed.

"But you'd be a better leader, you're smart, and you can get anything figured out." She said.

Again everyone agreed.

We stood there in silence for a moment. "Rock paper scissors it?" I said.

"Best two out of three." She responded.

We pulled out our hands.

"Loser becomes President." Chrishell said.

We began. Rock! Paper! Scissors says shoot!

I had a rock and Alex had paper. Shit.

We did it again. Rock! Paper! Scissors says shoot!

This time I had scissors and...Alex had rock.

"DAMN!" I yelled.

Tess raised my hand, "And the new president of Zeta Theta Nu is...Misty!" She screamed. Alex and Chrishell were laughing and I looked so sad.

"Best four out five?" I suggested.

"Uh-uh..you lost Prez." She leaned back satisfied with herself.

"Well that just means your VP, Alexandra." I said.

She huffed.

Chrishell rolled her eyes and stood up bringing the subject back in. "Since we got all of that done...when do we move in?" She asked us.

We thought.

"How about next Friday?" I suggested.

Everyone seemed content with the idea and we left it at that. Chrishell tugged on my arm and I looked up at her. "What?" I asked.

"Come with me to the Delta Sigma house." she said.

"Why?" I asked curiously.

She pulled at me again. "Cause, I heard they were having a meet and greet and I wanted to see what was up." She said.

I gave her a look. "You just want to see Rondall." I said.

"What? No...way." She said.

I sighed put on my shoes and went with Chrishell telling the girls we'd be back. It was a short walk to the Frat house but we made it there never the less. As soon as we stepped in guys whistled at us.

"Check those girls out." I heard one of the guy say.

I sort of blushed at all the attention we were getting. Chrishell didn't seem partially amused and she went on searching for Ron and I followed closely behind her. The place although seemed to be finished were roaming with Frat guys who I assumed belong to this fraternity. As we walked guys whistled and hollered at us and I just kept focus.

Finally we found Ron around the kitchen with Chase and Wes.

Chase's eyes widened. "Wow ladies you look amazing." he complimented us.

We smiled and thanked him.

Ron nodded heading straight for Chrishell as soon as she came and decided to seclude the rest of us.

"Where's the rest of you guys?" Chase asked looking behind me like they would show up. I shook my head. "We kind of left them at the sorority house." I said.

Chase nodded. "So you guys are really doing that?" he asked.

"As ever." I responded.

"You guys think you could just leave and we wouldn't know were you went." I heard Tess's voice behind me say.

I turned and smiled nicely. "It was all Chrishell's idea." I said pointing to her flirting over there with Ron. Alex rolled her eyes and greeted Wes and Chase.

"Hey guys." She said.

They nodded. "Smoking, Alex." Chase commented.

"Thanks." She responded.

"What about me, Chase?" Tess batted her eyelashes and Chase's face reddened.

"Beautiful." he managed to choke out.

These two....needed a little privacy. Alex and I pushed them towards each other than out to another room before we snacked on some food in the kitchen.

About an hour or two passed we were hanging out in the frat house and I realized I hadn't seen Jayden that whole time. I turned to Wes who was sitting on the couch with Alex and I. He seemed focused on whatever the television was saying or maybe he was trying really hard not to look at Alex idle twirling her hair and crossing her legs back and forth. I smirked.

"Hey Wes, were is Jayden?" I asked him.

"Oh..Jayden." He turned and looked over somewhere like he was looking at someone then he looked back down on me.

"He's hiding from you." Wes said abruptly.

I gave him a confused look. "Hiding?" I asked.

Chase and Tess who were walking in front of us stopped and agreed. "He's been hiding ever since you came in here." Chase said grabbing a seat with Tess .

Ron showed up with Chrishell as well and they plopped down next to us.

"Why?" I asked them.

"He's freaking immobilized by your sexiness." Ron commented.

Chrishell laughed at his comment.

My cheeks flamed up and I didn't even know why.

Ron nudged me from the side and smirked. "He gets really shy sometimes, don't mind him." He winked.

"Thanks." I said.

I stood for a moment playing with my thumbs debating what I should do when Wes opened his mouth and said something again.

"He's over there if you're wondering." He said pointing a room off the side of the kitchen. I got up and walked to where he pointed. As soon as I turned the corner I found Jayden leaning against the bookcase idle.

He looked at me at like he was casually seeing one his buddies then he noticed it was me and his eyes bugged out.

"Why are you hiding from me?" I asked.

He stood there staring at me and my outfit and just stared.

I waited for his answer. He stood there...staring.

"Are you like really shy or something?" I asked him.

He cleared his throat for a second. "Sorry, yeah I get like that sometimes." he finally said. I gave him a confused look.

"Why is that?" I asked.

He didn't get to answer because guess who came stepping out in the hallway.

Everybody's favorite princess, Jenna.

We turned and looked at her frowning as we watched her walk over in a tight, way-too short pink strapless dress.

"Caught together again, huh?" She said eyeing me down like she was better or something.

She turned to Jayden. "Hey, babe." And then she smacked down her lips on Jayden right in front of me. I didn't want to look at this so I tried to tip-toe away but Jenna's voice brought me back.

"I heard you guys are Zeta's." She smacked her lips as she said that over emphasizing that kiss. Jayden looked really embarrassed sending me apology looks and pity looks at Jenna. I shook my head. "I'm leaving." I said.

I started walking towards the room where everyone was situated at and they turned up and looked at me heading towards the door Jenna tagging alongside me.

As soon as the girls saw Jenna they immediately got up and were by my side in less than a second.

"You think you girls can just up and make a sorority and think you can be better than me?" She glared at us.

"We saw your goons, bitch." Chrishell said.

"Well you must be because you little friend over here doesn't know how to stay away from my man." She said getting way to close to me.

"BACK THE FUCK AWAY BITCH!" I said nudging her away from my presence.

She smirked. "Ohhh what you gonna do?" She cooed.

Tess grabbed Chrishell before she punched her.

"Chris." Tess warned.

"Let's go." Alex said sternly. We all turned to leave and then Jenna walked up closer behind me and spoke.

"Better stay the fuck away from my man you whore he doesn't like chocolate." She said.

I know Chrishell, Tess, and Alex heard that. I was even sure Wes who was standing by the chair the closest to all of us heard that.

"OHHHHHH LET GO OF ME TESS I'M GONNA BEAT HER ASS!" Chrishell tried to shove off Tessly so Alex had to come and help her down and away as well. I didn't say anything, I just turned around made my way down the stairs. I didn't want anything to do with Jenna.

As a matter of fact I'm going to stay far far away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 37 58
Louise owns a cafe with her college best friend Art. She loves coffee, sports, making money and making more money. Art is a vocalist of a very well-k...
2.3K 229 50
Misty Gates - she's smart, nice, and a goody-two-shoes. Constantly treated as an outsider, she struggles to fit in. Then there's Rick Hastings - a f...
7.3K 873 69
"I won't leave" I whisper, and he smiles, "I know, baby" he says softly, and my lips tug upwards into a smile. "You're the exception" he continued...
273K 12.9K 44
(Sequel to NAKED) She's a high school graduate and she's heading to college! Camari has already had a rough year, and through the Summer she made it...