A Friend of Another Friend

بواسطة bb2410

Misty Louise Paul has lived most of her childhood immersed in her studies and her favorite pass time...puzzle... المزيد

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Ten

836 46 9
بواسطة bb2410

Chrishell's P.O.V.-

"Um...Alex where did all these people come from?" I scratched my head watching girls of all different kinds laughing, talking, and walking around our booth checking it out.

Alex shrugged. "We needed at least 12 girls I got 30." She said reasonably.

Okay, Alex was amazing. When she wanted to get something done she got it done. She was a go-getter and besides the fact that she got all these girls to come look at us was perfect. Not to mention the booth and all the decorations she got for us on short notice. Sometimes I wondered how she did it. I knew she's been working her ass off taking she had bags in her eyes from the lack of sleep she got at night, but thats why Misty, Tess, and I have been working alongside her to make this work. The more she wanted this to happen the more we all wanted this to happen. So when it was a little bit slow here at the Zeta Theta Nu booth all she said was, "I'll be back in a moment." and when she came back it was a parade of girls.

Alex smiled. "Hope you girls come to the meet and greet this Saturday." She said brightly. Would you imagine how much energy she put out to all these girls she was like a girl with no care in the world. But I knew something was up with Alex. We all did we just didn't know how to go about it with her yet but it was coming for sure.

Misty was still at school being an overachiever as usual so it was just Alex, Tess and I handing out flyers, cute little buttons, and smiles. Some of this really wasn't me but had I really figured myself out yet. All I knew was that I wanted to dance, be free, and travel.

"What sorority is this?" A voice popped into my thought bubble of a head.

My eyes snapped instantly to the voice and I was met by a cute Asian girl with a short bob, and green eyes. I turned to her and put on my best smile.

"Zeta Theta Nu." I responded nicely.

She furrowed her brow. "I haven't heard of you guys." She responded honestly.

I still kept the smile on my face. "You can say we've been hiding for a bit." I replied.

She nodded. I took the opportunity to hand her some goodies and she took them politely.

"I'm still not too sure about you guys." She said pouting a little.

Be nice Chris. Be nice.

"Then just come to our meet and greet on Saturday I'm positive you'll be sure by then." I said. She nodded and I handed her the invitation to the meet and great and she left. I released a huge breath I've been meaning to get out. Alex tossed me a smile and I smiled back.

For real this time.

-

About an hour or two went into the booth before I decided I was going to take a break for the time being. Tess and Alex took over for me as I strolled across the Sorority and Fraternities booths. I always wondered why people got hyped up for these kinds of things. Maybe for the parties and popularity, but I wasn't in the Greek life before and I've never heard of some of these people.

Maybe I needed to get out more.

I continued on my stroll minding my own business and I "casually" slipped over to the Delta Sigma Phi table and over to Rondall. I was lying though I wasn't casually slipping into the booth I was purposely there to see Rondall. Wes and Chase waved over at me and I did the same before punching Ron in the shoulder.

He turned around abruptly. "Is that how you greet people?" he asked sarcastically rubbing his arm.

I smiled. "No, just you." I said.

He smiled. "Well, if its just for me then I feel honored." He joked.

I rolled my eyes. "You and the other jerks I've punched in the arm." I said.

He pouted. "Whats up?" he asked me.

I shrugged. "Nothing, just took a break and thought about coming here." I said.

He furrowed his brow. "A break from what?" He asked.

I leaned against one of the tables near me. "Running the booth." I said.

"A booth...as in a sorority booth?" He asked.

"Yea." I responded.

He smirked. "So you're in a sorority?" he asked.

This time I rolled my eyes. "I'm doing it for Alex, okay don't get the wrong idea." I stated.

He nodded. "So what is your name?" He asked curiously.

"Zeta Theta Nu." I said.

"Ohh..Zetasss." he said over emphasizing the "s".

"Shut up." I pushed him playfully. Ron smirked and took a look at my outfit that I carefully selected out today. It was simple black tank top, some faded ripped blue jeans, and beige type beaded cardigan that was really flowing down to my hips. I wasn't going to lie I liked the way he was staring at me right now. Like he wanted it.

He licked his lips. "So when are you going to have have a party?" He asked.

"Not in which you are going to be invited...unfortunately there are no room for losers." I laughed and watched his face turn into a fake frown which made me laugh even more.

"That hurts right here." He said touching his nipple.

"Fool, that ain't your heart." I slapped away his hand and placed it approximately at his chest where his heart should be. I stood there showing him where it was and when I looked up he was just staring at me intensely and I instantly backed away face heating up in the process.

"Trying to feel on my chest, girl?" He asked.

"Not even." I flipped my hair and made my way back to my future-to-be sorority sisters.

-

-Misty's P.O.V.-

"Woah! Woah! Wait up Misty!" Jayden called behind me relentlessly.

I continued to speed up my pace and pretended to be focused on something before him and his long legs caught up to me like nothing. Darn sport players. I acted like I was seeing him for first time.

"Oh hey." I said innocently.

He frowned. "I know you heard me." He said.

This time I frowned. "I'm kind of busy right now." I said flatly.

A little hurt flashed across his face and I almost regretted it because his emotions really played on his face. I continued to walk holding my books across my chest to protect me from whatever I thought was coming for me in the real world.

And that busy thing. Yeah, I was just lying I wasn't going to do anything when I got home because I was free and just going to work on some sorority things. So I felt like a double bad person. I squeezed my eyes shut trying to erase some of the guilty feelings crawling up inside me. And why the hell was I being so stingy towards him for? I didn't even know him like that.

"Are you going to work today?" He asked after what seemed like the most uncomfortable silences we've had since we've met.

I shook my head. "No and don't offer me a ride because I'm walking home today." I said.

"I wasn't going to." He said plainly.

I looked away embarrassingly. "Oh." Was all I said.

Even though all of that was said he continued to walk alongside me as I made it to my house.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked.

I huffed. "No." I said.

He frowned. "It doesn't seem like it." he said.

"How do you know?" I asked him.

He walked a couple more steps before he said it. "You're ignoring me, pretending you can't even hear me...it hurts you know." he said truthfully.

I turned to look at him but his eyes weren't focused on mine, they were focused on the ground covered with tiny little frost bites from what could possibly be a little flurry from snow. This cold weather needed to go immediately.

I sighed heavily watching as the smoke of my breath carried into the frost. "I'm sorry, I guess I get like this sometimes when I feel somebody should have done something." I said.

"With Jenna right?" he asked.

I nodded. "Sorry about that too but she's my girlfriend." he said.

"Well no offense but she's kind of bitchy." I said holding the books tighter to my chest. He didn't say much about that comment anyway, besides we were at the house and I unlocked the door and stepped in letting Jayden pass since he didn't seem to be going anywhere either. The house was empty of course as soon as we took on the responsibility of a sorority all of us have been M.I.A. from the house a lot. I slipped off my coat and hung it on the rack as well as taking Jayden's and doing the same. I headed into the kitchen and started snooping through the fridge.

"Do you want anything to drink?" I asked him.

"Do you have any soda?" He asked.

"Coke or Sprite?" I asked.

"Sprite." He responded.

My kind of guy. I grabbed two cans of it and walked back into the living room where he was situated looking around curiously.

"Nice place, here." he mentioned as he cracked open the top of the can and took a sip.

"Thanks, but Alex is the real designer the girl has some great taste." I praised my friend.

He nodded.

We stood there silently sipping our drink.

"So do you want to work on the rest of our project?" He asked suddenly.

I peeked an eye over at him his hair was kind of tousled wildly on his head and it looked kind of cute. I shook my thoughts away.

"Sure..come to my room though I don't want the girls asking questions." I said pulling him into my room which was how I left it this morning. Neat and clean. I put my Sprite on the desk near my computer and began looking for my notebook in my bag. I could sense Jayden looking around even though I wasn't physically looking at him.

"You really do like puzzles." He said somewhere far over in my room.

"They really pass time for me." I commented as I rummaged through my bag for my social book. Dang it! I think I lent it to Tess or something yesterday, I was going to have to get it back from her when I could. I quickly just grabbed my favorite notebook and decided to write in that instead for the time being.

I plopped onto my bed casually. Jayden was still bending over looking at my puzzles with amusement. "I think you didn't finish one." He said.

I rolled my eyes, I didn't need a reminder. "I know, I can't find the last piece." I said.

He turned to look at me and noticed I was sitting and waiting for him and he quickly took a spot on the bed next to me not too close but not to far either. We began talking for about an hour or two about stuff in our lives and things that seemed relevant. He was a comedian I could tell that about him. He had a way about making me laugh so easily I found myself smiling way more times than I have in a lifetime.

Finally Jayden came up with an idea that we take a really good look at each other and write down what we saw, and I thought it was pretty cool so I grabbed my notebook and I started first.

*dark smooth silky hair

*buff but calm eyebrows

*perfectly straight nose (like the roman statues)

I looked up for the fourth time my eyes stopping at the next feature his lips. I took a really good look at them since they were one of the things I didn't look at the most and I watched it. The way it was shaped perfectly around his mouth, the way his bottom lip looked pinker than the top, the way he sometimes licked his lips or rubbed them against each other when he was thinking. Everything was washing away and it was like I felt electricity running through my body. I haven't felt like this since-.

Woah! Was he leaning into me right now. I took a pause at his lips for a second and stared into his eyes trying to get a feel for what he was getting at. His eyes now that I stared at them were seriously gorgeous. Like sea-glass at the ends and intensely green in the middle, like nature and running into a forest getting lost in between the branches....

We were like inches apart now. Nobody was saying anything but I could feel my heart pounding out of my chest like I was going to have a heart attack or something. Could he hear it? God this was really happening. And so many things were running through my mind I couldn't control it.

Then I heard a loud boom that shook us both out of it and further away from each other.

"MISTY ARE YOU HOME BOO!" I hear Chrishell's voice yell from the door.

"Maybe she went to work or something?" I heard Tess's voice say.

"No, she doesn't have work today." Alex said I heard shuffling and I knew they were coming for my room. I quickly got up and pulled Jayden into my closet so fast he didn't even see me coming and shutting the door just as Tess, Alex, and Chrishell entered I tried to pretend I was doing homework or something.

"Oh, there you are we were calling for you didn't you hear us?" Chrishell asked.

"Sorry..working." I said pointing to my book.

"The scholar." Tess laughed.

I laughed along with her.

"Well hurry up we got stuff to work on later for the sorority." Alex chimed.

"Sure, I got you." I said watching as they all got out of my room and went into their own to change. I took this chance to grab Jayden out of the closet and push him towards the door. He was having a hard time keeping up.

I grabbed his jacket for him and threw him out before the girls came out of their rooms.

"Wait!" He called out.

"SHUSHH!" I shushed him.

"Sorry...here." He said handing me something.

I scrunched my eyebrows and took the thing. "What is this?" I asked.

"I found it." And when I looked down thats when I noticed it was a puzzle piece.

My missing piece.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

146K 1.5K 21
Ashley is a normal high schooler, trying to get through her last year of high school as fast as she can. She has a boyfriend and best friends. She st...
The New Kid بواسطة sebastianmoats

قصص المراهقين

283 0 33
The day Scott Wynter's dad brought home another woman, life began to fall apart. Scott is in the process of healing from the loss of his brother and...
528K 24.9K 58
Rose and Jayden are very much different yet very much alike. They've always disliked each other, ever since they were kids. After years of fighting a...
29.8K 1.3K 18
Everyone knew Luca Novak: he was the school's bad boy. He was a drug dealer for a living, who sold drugs in both parts of town: the suburbs and the h...