WE'LL BE BY YOUR SIDE

Par _ThatSweaterGirl_

Just a book of one shots on our boys. Plus

Always There For You
The Tweet
The Big Brother
How Could You Not Realize?!?
I'll Be There For The Highs And Lows
Our Pride
The Heir Prince
101* - 101/10
The Simba to My Mufasa
Adopted Child
WTC RANT(I'm Pissed Sue Me)
The Failed Captain
I don't want to say goodbye
This Team of Clowns
Chaos, Chaos and More Chaos
Irreplaceable
Neighbors
Scaring the Children
The Operation
Perfectly Balanced
THE CELEBRATION
The Year That Should Have Been
Hugs are his love language
The Dream Quartet's Plan Gone Wrong
The Interview
Something about this Ground
Oh How the Night Changes
Just dropping a tweet link. Not an update
They're My Kids
Chaos, Chaos and More Chaos-II
Why Me?!?
I don't want to say goodbye- II
Ink Bois+Inkless Bois
When Did They Grow Up? -I
The Wait Pays Off
When Did They Grow Up? - II
This Team❤️
Forehead Kisses
MAXI
Got Your Back
This is how it ends
Just a Link not an update
NEW BOOK
First Date(s)?
Ink Bois + Inkless Bois -II (The CrossOver)
Together
A Blast from the Past
Come Back

Ice-creams and Healing

1.3K 70 94
Par _ThatSweaterGirl_

A/N: Exactly what the title says it is. Also this. Idk how many of y'all are aware of the whole WT20 squad drama that's going on but this is one of them. I adore Ishan but he's simply not cut out for the number 3 position. Even SKY at 3 or Tilak at 3 is fine but wanting Ishan in place of Virat cause they want aggressive intent when the guy strikes at 120 odd as compared to a guy striking at nearly 140 and carries our batting in WT20s is just plain bs.

imo either remove all the senior players from the team and go in with fresh faces or atleast trust in them to try and win it. Not that I care anymore cause ik for a fact they'll go and choke like they've been doing for the last 6 editions.(sorry)

That said I'd love for them to prove me wrong, easier for me to have 0 hopes instead of raising them and having it ripped into tiny little pieces like it did this year.

PS for this OS, Hardik's not injured and he's back with the team for the Proteas tour

It had become a tradition for the three of them. Bad day, good day it didn't matter. Virat had to break his diet for a day and grab ice cream with Ishan and Shubman. Now this was a tradition the rest of the team wasn't aware of. Until Rah found out about it.

A peaceful day, boys were watching a movie in the team room, Virat sitting next to a dozing Rohit and scrolling through his phone texting his friends while the kids oohed and ahhed at the TV. Life was going great. 

"Oye Shub. Ice cream day with bhaiyaa. Don't forget."

Ishan hadn't realized how loud he'd been till Rah nudged him, popcorn mid way to his mouth and asked him what he meant, sue him he was craving ice cream too, Ishan mindlessly answered munching on a cookie, 

"Oh we're getting ice cream with Virat bhaiyaa later tonight."

And that was it. Rah glared at Virat and not caring for his sleeping captain, decided to wreak havoc throwing a bottle at Virat's head which hit Ro in the end, who startled awake and stared blearily in the general direction from which the bottle flew his way.

"YOU'RE TAKING THEM OUT FOR ICE CREAM!!"

Vi stared wide eyed at Ishan who stared right back at him, eyes wide with guilt, TV got turned off, loud whines ensued from not just the kids, Jaddu joined them in loudly whining, Ro glared darkly at Vi for his sleep getting disturbed and for taking those 2 out for secret ice cream treats.

Shub whistled loudly grabbing their attention and with a puffed out chest proclaimed,

"It's only for me and Ishu. Rest are not allowed. It's our tradition. And he loves us more. Cope."

And would the rest keep quiet and hearing that, especially the ones who'd come into the team way before those two, Jassi turned to look at Virat incredulously,

"When was the last time you even took us out? Forget that. When was the last time you even gave us a treat?"

"Jassi kiddo-"

Kuldeep cut in, "You never let me eat ice cream!"

"You fall sick easily Kuliyaa so-"

Hardik, "You don't even let me tag along with you on walks! These two go out on ice cream dates with you?!?"

"You don't even like morning walks Hardik!"

Jaddu, "Remember when he used to bully us out of getting ice cream with Mahi bhai Ro?"

"YOU NEEDED TO FOLLOW THE DIET JADDU!"

Ro, "What happened to the diet now Virat? Just tell us we don't matter as much anymore to you!"

"AAAGHHHHHH"

Virat got up and made a move to leave but now why would any of them let him leave without getting answers, Jaddu made a mad lunge for the door, blocking it, Ro grabbed his legs and pulled him down back onto the bean bags, Hardik sat on Virat's back, Jassi grabbed Virat's hands and Kul flicked Virat's phone out of his back pocket, Siraj had his arms wrapped around Shubman's tall lanky frame holding him in place and Rah was pinning Ishan to his bean bag using his full body.

What a sight it was when Ash walked into the room, Jammy bhai and SKY in tow, they immediately swiveled on their feet and walked away not wanting to get involved in whatever those clowns got into. Virat looked at their retreating backs with a betrayed expression. Rutu on the other end was recording every bit of it, he was definitely sending it to Mahi bhai and Jaiswal the poor guy was petrified at the chaos. 

"LET ME GOOO"

"VIRAT BHAIYAA RAH BHAI IS NOT LETTING ME BREATHE HELP!!!"

"LET GO OF ISHU RAH BHAI!"

"TAKE ME OUT FOR ICE CREAM TODAY VIRAT!"

"US TOO"

"LET ME GOO YOU PANDA! HARDIK YOU ASS GET OFF!"

"HARDIK BHAIYAA HE'S GOT A BACK STRAIN GET OFF NOW!"

That halted them all as slowly Hardik got off and Jassi eased his grip on Virat's hands, Ro letting his legs go too. Groaning, he sat back up and stretched his back, cracking it in the process, with everyone now a lot calmer, Virat adjusted his shirt and said,

"For the record? All you had to do was just ask. I'd have taken you out for ice cream. I'm not captain anymore, not my job to take care of the diet regimens."

Ishan and Shub spluttered indignantly looking at him knowing fully well that was a load of bullshit. It had taken them a month of begging everyday for him to even agree to it. And clearly the other boys didn't believe it too given the side eyes they were giving him.

In the end, all of them did go out for ice cream, Virat ended up paying for all of them not that he minded, really, it felt like those little pieces of their hearts started to heal again, but Rah was still iffy about Virat having a secret tradition with those 2 lovebirds of the team.

While walking back to the hotel, Virat hung back and walked with Rah, shoulders brushing, hair tousling lightly in the light Protean breeze,

"It was after Ishu had a bad day. He was gorging on ice cream in his room and Shub couldn't get through to him either, Ro was at a meeting and the only way I could help that day was just sitting and eating a tub of ice cream of my own he offered."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know you Moi. Your little overthinking brain would be cooking up weird scenarios as to why I don't have a secret tradition with you."

Rah looked sideways at Virat who had a content little smile on his face. His first genuine smile Rah had seen since that horrific night at Ahmedabad. Feeling overcome with emotions, he stopped and tugged Virat back gently and hugged him. He hugged him till the warmth from Virat's jacket seeped into his skin, hugged him till every muscle in Virat's back loosened and he felt his own tension coil away.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too kiddo. And I love you okay? Nothing and nobody can change that."

"Not even Shub and Ishu?"

"Not even them. You're my first kid. You'll always be special to me. Even if I show it as much as you show your emotions."

Virat teased him and his grin widened when he saw Rah's lip quirk up in a slight grin. With a hand around Rah's shoulder they walked slowly back to their hotel and if they walked deliberately at an even slower pace than usual, neither pointed it out. Just enjoying the other's presence.

Later that night, Ro had crashed in Virat's room which was already occupied with Ishan and Shubman who'd been complaining at how unfair it was that they had to spend THEIR ice cream day with the rest. TV playing on low volume, all 4 just basked in that comfortable silence. 

Virat suddenly asked them,

"If you guys were ice creams what would you be?"

"I'd be black currant." Rohit answered without missing a beat 

"Vanilla" Ishan said proudly

"Vanilla? You basic bitch! I'd be pistachio" Shub mocked Ishan and Virat gasped at the kid sprawled out in his lap

"Cause no one likes you?" Ishan and Vi snorted, "Ain't nobody like pistachio"

They continued laughing at Shub, even Ro tried to stifle his laugh, Ro taking pity on his batting partner asked Virat,

"What about you Vi?"

"Oh mint chocolate chip."

This time all three said, "Ewww."

They teased him for liking a flavor that tasted like toothpaste and he bullied them right back saying they like old people flavors.

This was the most fun they all had in months. Ice cream really does solve every problem in life. 

A/N: No photo spam. Got my end sems going on now. Won't update for a while. Random OS that popped up into my head after this reel I watched on Insta, if I find the link I'll put it up here again.

Comments ppl. Comments make me happy. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.1K 1K 23
One shots on Ishqbaaaz.
19.5K 623 16
this is RohiRat one shot as couple but it can be read as them just best friend though it will contain Lots of Hugs , Possessiveness and Some ShubhIsh...
51.2K 4K 48
💌*A Bunch of one shots about Ro and his safe space (Mostly contains Rohirat, Mahiro, Rohika etc)💌
36.8K 1.3K 16
MahiRat and RohiRat story. This is my old book which was lost.