The Life And Adventures of Iv...

By December_Jones

COMPLETED Ivykit, the daughter of a traitor and adopted by her cruel aunt, is determined to prove herself. Fo... More

Prologue
STAGE ONE - KIT
Chapter 1 - Moon 2
Chapter 2 - Moon 2
Chapter 3 - Moon 3
Chapter 4 - Moon 4
Chapter 5 - Moon 4
Chapter 6 - Moon 5
STAGE TWO - APPRENTICE
Chapter 7 - Moon 5
Chapter 8 - Moon 6
Chapter 9 - Moon 6
Chapter 10 - Moon 7
Chapter 11 - Moon 7
Chapter 13 - Moon 8
Chapter 14 - Moon 9
Chapter 15 - Moon 10
Chapter 16 - Moon 10
Chapter 17 - Moon 11
Chapter 18 - Moon 11
STAGE THREE - WARRIOR
Chapter 19, Moon 12
Chapter 20, Moon 12
Chapter 21, Moon 12
Chapter 22 - Moon 13
Chapter 23 - Moon 14
Chapter 24 - Moon 14
Chapter 25 - Moon 15
Chapter 26 - Moon 15
STAGE FOUR - MENTOR
Chapter 27 - Moon 16
Chapter 28 - Moon 16
Chapter 29 - Moon 17
Chapter 30 - Moon 17
THE CLAN OF FALLING ROCK
Chapter 31 - Moon 17
Chapter 32 - Moon 18
Chapter 33 - Moon 18
Chapter 34 - Moon 19
Chapter 35 - Moon 19
Chapter 36 - Moon 19
Chapter 37 - Moon 20
Chapter 38 - Moon 20
Chapter 39 - Moon 21
Chapter 40 - Moon 21
STAGE FIVE - THE END
Author's note
THE CLAN OF RISING STAR
CLAN OF SWAYING GRASS
CLAN OF FALLING ROCK
CLAN OF TALL TREES
FAN ART
Fanart (2)

Chapter 12 - Moon 8

204 44 185
By December_Jones

The next morning, Blackstripe woke her up bright and early as usual. "Battle practice," he whispered before shaking Redpaw with the same words.

Ivypaw stretched, eying her brother. She had been lucky enough so far to not train with him, and she didn't really know how she stood with him. Was he still the same cat he'd been as a kit? She doubted it. All he'd been was Violetkit's sidekick, and now he had to find his own path.

The two apprentices met their mentors in the middle of the camp. Branchfall, Larktail's mate, was Redpaw's mentor. He was the perfect match for Larktail; where she was fierce and strong-willed, he was steadfast and understanding.

"You ready?" Branchfall asked, his brown ears twitched, chasing a fly away.

Redpaw nodded, looking eager, and Ivypaw reluctantly echoed him. Fighting practice with Redpaw was feeling all too familiar.

Ivypaw walked alongside Blackstripe on the way up, who began teaching her the code again, "Code number 6: Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name. Do you know why this code is important?"

Ivypaw scrunched her nose, considering. "To teach them patience?"

"Good! It is also to give warriors a chance to consider where they are in life and helps them understand the significance of becoming a warrior."

Ivypaw nodded slowly. She supposed it made sense, but at the same time, she couldn't find much use in standing out in the cold all night.

"And Code number 7: A cat cannot be made deputy without having mentored at least one apprentice. This is to make sure that we only have experienced leaders in charge of the Clan."

This was another rule Ivypaw halfway agreed with. Was it really important enough to be part of the Code?

The four of them entered the now-familiar battle training clearing, the mentors entering first. "I was thinking we could do a bit of one on one," Branchfall said, "claws sheathed of course."

One on one?? Ivypaw glanced at her brother. He was much larger than her, and his kitten fat had given away to lean muscle in the moons he'd been out of the nursery. But I have more experience, she realized. Ivypaw flexed her claws in the dirt, determined to make up for all the times he'd tormented her as a kit.

"We will watch your technique and give you tips on how to improve," Blackstripe meowed, "this is a very helpful exercise as long as it stays an exercise." Blackstripe gave them both a serious look.

Ivypaw nodded, but she knew she would only stay respectful as long as he did. She saw Redpaw glance at her, but she couldn't read his expression.

The two cats faced each other, Ivypaw meeting Redpaw's green eyes for the first time in moons. "You won't win," he hissed, too quiet for the mentors to hear.

So he hadn't changed. Okay, even more reason for her to win. She narrowed her eyes, "Your leader isn't here now." Ivypaw hissed back.

"Okay, begin." Blackstripe said unceremoniously.

As Blackstripe's command hung in the air, Ivypaw and Redpaw launched into action. The clearing echoed with the rustle of leaves and the thud of paws as they circled each other. Redpaw lunged first, aiming to land a blow on Ivypaw's shoulder, but she deftly sidestepped him.

"You're slow," Ivypaw taunted, swiping at Redpaw's flank with unsheathed claws. He managed to dodge her attack, but just barely. Ivypaw felt a rush of satisfaction that almost scared her.

Redpaw countered with a swift move, attempting to catch Ivypaw off guard. However, she anticipated his maneuver, twisting away and delivering a calculated swipe to his hind leg. She was smaller and faster. He seemed like a blundering badger in front of her. The tension between them was palpable. This wasn't just a training exercise; it was a silent clash of sibling rivalry. Redpaw hissed at her, pacing back and forth.

The mentors observed closely, offering occasional guidance. Branchfall focused on Redpaw's stance, advising him to be more agile, while Blackstripe honed in on Ivypaw's timing, encouraging her to be more patient.

As the skirmish continued, the apprentices' moves became more calculated. Redpaw, fueled by determination, managed to land a few successful attacks, while Ivypaw showcased her agility and experience, avoiding most of his advances. The exhilaration and adrenaline was exciting, and despite everything, Ivypaw found herself enjoying it.

At one point, Redpaw pinned Ivypaw to the ground, a triumphant glint in his eyes. "Got you," he declared.

Ivypaw grunted, momentarily caught off guard. However, she quickly twisted beneath him, using her hind legs to push him away. "Not for long," she retorted, regaining her footing.

The mentors intervened before the tension escalated further. "Good effort, both of you," Branchfall praised. "Redpaw, in a couple seasons I can see you being a formidable warrior."

Blackstripe turned to Ivypaw, "It's crucial to understand your opponent's moves and anticipate their next actions. This exercise helps you hone those skills."

The sun was high by the time they left the clearing, Ivypaw already sore and bruised, but satisfied.

Blackstripe smiled down at her as they walked through the entrance, "Your confidence has improved so much."

Ivypaw glowed with pride. Ivypaw felt better than she ever had. Confident, satisfied, and going home to her friends. Life wasn't so bad, in fact, it was enjoyable.

"Ivykit. Long time no see." A familiar voice hissed.

Ivypaw's blood ran cold, and she feld Redpaw come to dead stop behind her. She slowly turned her head, her confidence melting away in a heartbeat. Violetkit.

"I hear you're an apprentice now," Violetkit hissed, stepping forward. She looked larger than Ivypaw remembered, and instead of being beaten down from the moons of living alone, her pelt glistened with health. "I suppose it's TraitorPAW now."

"There is no need for that," Blackstripe meowed sternly.

Violetkit smiled up at him with a sickly sweet smile, "I understand." It wasn't an apology.

Blackstripe frowned, but didn't say anything. He gave Ivypaw a nod before heading towards the nursery. Ivypaw watched him go, her paws rooted to the ground. Don't leave me, she whispered silently.

"Did you miss me, my dear sister?" Violetkit asked, sliding closer.

"I did!" Redpaw finally spoke, "What happened to you?!"

Ivypaw tried to shake the fear out of her head. It was just Violetkit. Violetkit was a bully, but she wasn't evil... was she? Ivypaw started to move out of her sister's gaze, but Violetkit stepped in front of her. "What's wrong? Don't you want to hear what I did while I was gone?" Violetkit asked, her voice like a viper.

Ivypaw pushed past her sister, "N-no. I don't." There was nothing she would like less then to stay near Violekit for one second more.

"You'll find out one way or another," Violetkit sneered after her.

Ivypaw took several steps blindly before finally scanning the camp. Snowpaw and Winterpaw were nowhere to be seen, but Bichpaw sat outside his den, sorting herbs. She hesitated for only second before padding up to him. "Hey," her voice sounded strange, even to her, "Violetkit's back."

Birchpaw glanced up, then his eyes flitted over to Violetkit. "Can you grab that Catmint and come in? I need to show you something."

Ivypaw picked up a bundle of herbs, thankful to be away from Violetkit's piercing gaze. His den was cluttered with moss and herbs, but it was nice to see how full it was. She set the leaves down on a shelf and sat down somewhere that was relatively clean.

Birchpaw was shuffling around in his stores. "This morning I was talking a walk to check out my marigold plants this morning," he began, "and a tree branch almost hit me."

"I'm... sorry about that?" Ivypaw said, confused.

"No, that's not the point. A rock was embedded in the branch. It was what made the branch fall." He turned to her, sliding a rock out of a shelf towards her, "this was the rock."

Ivypaw glanced down at it. "You think it could be a sign from the Clan of Rising Star? Maybe the Clan of Falling Rock is planning something?"

"Yes to the first question and no to the second." Birchpaw looked up at her, hesitating before he said, "flip the rock over."

Ivypaw was confused, but did as he said, flipping the rock over with her paw. The bottom of the rock was cracked open, revealing a deep violet crystal inside. Ivypaw gasped.

"The branch fell off the tallest tree in our borders." Birchpaw meowed.

Ivypaw opened her mouth to answer but was interrupted by Acornstar's yowl. "I call all cats of the Clan Of Tall Trees to gather for a clan meeting!"

Ivypaw jumped involuntarily. Her wide eyes met Birchpaw who's expression mirrored hers. "Keep an eye on your sister," he whispered.

"We have been blessed with the return of one of our kits," Acornstar meowed loudly.

Ivypaw settled down next to Snowpaw and Winterpaw, glad to see that Snowpaw looked uncomfortable by the news as well.

"Violetkit, step forward." Acornstar said.

Ivypaw whipped her head around to stare at Violetkit, Snowpaw equally shocked beside her. She was being apprenticed already? Riverflower stood beside Violetkit, sobbing and licking her daughter's forehead. Violetkit didn't seem to notice her mother and stepped up to the rock.

"Violetkit, you are well past the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Violetpaw. Your mentor will be myself. I hope to pass down all I know on to you."

Violetpaw looked pleased, leaning up to touch Acornstar's nose with her own.

"Violetpaw, Violetpaw, Violetpaw!"

Ivypaw, Snowpaw, and Winterpaw didn't join in with the cheering. It was a huge honor to be chosen to be the leader's apprentice. She doesn't deserve it, Ivypaw couldn't help but think as the gathering dispersed.

This is Violetpaw, recently returned from her banishment.

❤️Don't forget to vote or comment if you like the chapter! Thanks, I love you all!! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109 0 10
BEFORE U SAY ANYTHING FULL CREDS TO ERIN HUNTER Hey I wanted to post this book by Erin Hunter and full credits to her go read her books irl Ik scary...
16.7K 504 24
The owl calls again... Owlkit's birth was unexpected, and her life almost ended before it began but despite the odds, she survived to become a SunCla...
221 2 13
❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇɴᴛɪᴄᴇs, ᴏɴᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄʟᴀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴏᴏɴ... ❞ - - - - Brindlekit is a half-clan cat; her mother...
845 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...