Reborn to be a Tudor

By ZaraGreenshields

Janna Jones was a business entrepreneur who loved her life, her business designing clothes, and her hobby on... More

Summary
Chapter One: Reborn
Chapter Two: Growing up
Chapter Three: Angry Henry
Chapter Four: Thoughts & Regrets
Chapter Six: My Henry (M)
Chapter Seven: Plans
Chapter Eight: Emperor of Rome Empire
Chapter Nine: Leaving Court (M)
Chapter Ten: Duchy of Barnsley
Chapter Eleven: Time passed
Chapter Twelve: Sickness
Chapter Thirteen: The Beginning of the break
Chapter Fourteen: The Outcome (M)
Chapter Fifteen: Next Step
Chapter Sixteen: A Few Years....
Chapter Seveteen: Hampton Court
Chapter Eighteen: My King (M)
Chapter Nineteen: Saving Family
Chapter Twenty: Witch craft (M)
Chapter Twenty-One: An Act of Treason
Epilogue

Chapter Five: Party & Illusions

2.1K 109 20
By ZaraGreenshields

Henry was with Charles and Anthony looking at Addy drawing on one of the hills and joy looked at another waiting for the French to arrive.
Charles was captivated and spoke to Henry.

"Look gentlemen, 'The Valley of Gold'"

"What if the French don't show?"

"Oh they'll show."

"They'll just be fashionably late, like Addy said."

"Your Majesty, Look. There they are."

"Whats the Plan?"

"I was to ride down alone and meet the king."

"All of you. On pain of death.....stay. Actually Charles and Anthony please go make sure Addy is safe."

Charles and Anthony just sighed but agreed and left to find Addy.

*On the Hill*

I remember going to Calais when I was eleven on a school trip, and I enjoyed it, but Calais in the 1500s was very different.
It was a bit cold, windy, and muddy, but to actually see the Palace of illusion in person was a once in a lift time experience.
To be even able to witness 'The field of cloth of Gold' was amazing and so much better then anything she had ever seen and to have such different colours to paint it all with when I returned home thst I got from Asia.
There was running water fountains, silk tents, gold lace and foil with the large painted temporary castle.
I sat on top of a hill, pulled out my chalk as well as my self-made pencils, and started to draw the Palace in great detail.
I would draw the rooms when I got closer, but I wanted to capture the whole Palace with the camps around it before going into more detail and making copies for history sake.
After a few hours and a few copies later I was pulled out of my musing by a few horse approaching, I looked up and saw Charles riding towards me with Antony, once they got close they slowed them hoped down.

"What are you doing up here, Addy?"

Antony asked me with a teasing smile, which made me laugh. Then I looked at Charles, who had a soft smile on his face.

"I have been drawing this Palace to record for history."

"You and history."

"I want History to remember us, for who we are and not what others write."

They both smiled then, knowing i wanted to ensure that we are remembered and certain events truly recorded.

"Henry was worried about you, so he sent us to find you. We were going to anyway, but we suspected where you might be."

"Thank you both."

I turned back to pick everything up, but I turned, then saw both Charles and Anthony looking at me with a smile but got them to pose for a minute then started drawing them quickly, once I was done covered it then went to my horse.

"Show us, Addy."

"Nope, once I have done more, then you may see."

I said with a teasing smile, which caused them both to laugh loudly when I climbed onto my horse before turning to face them.

"Race you, last one there has to flirt with a French man."

I kicked my horse to run, I could hear them shouting 'what!' but carried on to our encampment with a laugh.
I could see others looking at me with a smile and just as I arrived I saw Charles and Anthony riding till Anthony lost which caused me to laugh.

"Do not worry, I will chose you a nice French man."

"Aye, don't pick an awful one."

He said with an annoyed huff which pulled a giggle from me as we all walked in to the Palace of Illustration with a slight look of awe.
The work looked very realistic and I knew I had to draw it all and maybe paint it as well.

A few days later a feast was held, with Henrys permission I wore one of the dresses I designed myself and hoped to set a less conservative trend like Catherine.
My dresses was a deep blue with a few pearls and crystals around the next line.
The sleeves were in the same colour but a lighter material, my hair was in a half up, half down do wih a simple pearl necklace with a silver A.

I dabbed my self made perfume on my wrists and just behind me ears then added slight colour my lips and eyes then used a khol stick pencil i had made to make my eyes pop.
Once I looked myself over i called Joanna my personal handmaiden, I could not risk  having too many because I knew most would only use me to get close to Henry or use me for power.
Joanna has been with me since we were childern, she is a barons daughter within our territory, I made sure her father gave me authority on who she married so I could ensure she had a good match and she was thrilled but she was also very loyal to me as I made sure her father was pulled out of his possible bankruptcy and I gave a loyal accountant for their household.
I made sure that all my loyal households had a personal trained account, I even had one to reign Henry in which he loved to an extent but Wolsey hated it and stopped him most of the time.

Once I made sure she was dressed in the light pink dress matching mine with almost pink crystals around the next line and matching shoes.
We left our rooms in the temporary Palace then saw Charles and Anthony waiting for us, I knew Catherine would love to see us walk in with people lesser then our station but they were our friends so we do not care.

Once we were announced and walked in, I saw Henry with his beard finally shaved and it made him look more handsome, king Francis of France was not the most handsome man, he had a long face with a long noise but his eyes were a really nice shade of blue that was captivating.
Their wives sitting by both of them, Catherine seemed upset to see my dress  but Claude who I knew was due to die in 1524 at twenty four years old which was upsetting but I was unsure of how she died, she looked at my dress with longing and was thankful that bought one for her in green her favourite colour.

I walked forward with Joanna before curtsey to both monarchs with a small smile.

"Your Majestys,I am happy to be here and to celebrate such a peace and I offer you and your Queens a gift."

Henry looked at me wih a mischievous smirk before looking seriously at me.

"A great subject you are, your grace what do you for us?"

I smiled at them all before indicating for my people to bring in two boxes.

"I present two hand made dresses for your Queens by myself, no dress is exactly the same. I have done them in their favourite colour."

Claude was out of her seat so fast that it made her husband look at her in shock as the woman in the room were whispering in jealousy when Claude pulled her dress from the box everyone was whispering more when they saw a dress similar but not the same as the dress I was currently in with a special neck line as she like more modest around her neck line then she looked at me with a large smile.

"This is the most enchanting dress, your grace. It suits me very much."

"I am humbled, your Majesty."

I gave her a sincere smile because she was a brilliant woman I saw Catherine had not moved from her seat, I indicated for my man to move before facing Catherine.

"I will have this taken to your quarters, your Majesty."

I said before turning to the kings again who both looked impatient for their gift but you could see Henry's annoyance with Catherine but grit his teeth as he did not want it all to be public knowledge.

"Presenting dancers from Sultan Süleyman the magnificent as a sign of friendship for your entertainment and special combat performance for your entertainment."

I said then moved with the others are the music started with the dancers coming in.
I looked and saw Catherine was disgusted wih the display and maybe two of her ladies but everyone was thrilled with the display, Henry was enjoying the fighting with vigor with Francis.
I could also see that Charles and Anthony were also enjoying themselves then I saw the Boleyn girls looking at the display with captivation, I looked away before they caught me looking but I knew I would have to keep an eye in them.
Once it was done, Henry cheered and then stood up before looking at me.

"Thank you, your grace. For such a wonderful and thoughtful gift."

I curtsey with a small smile then Henry looks to Francis with a small smirk.
They had their titles introduced and Henry made it look like he was more humble then they introduced the childern and I had to fight a laugh when Mary kicked the dauphin.

It was closing for the night and I went back to my room with Joanna as I saw Henry and Charlies walking off and knew that tonight Henry would be with Mistress Boleyn.

*Next Day*

I wake up to Joanna smiling at me before giving me another personalised dress.

"The king has summoned you my lady."

"Which one?"

I said with a teasing smile, Joanna laughed before answering.

"England, your grace."

"Good old Harry, let us not keep him waiting then."

Joanna helped me bath and get ready for the day, she was telling me the information that Catherine wanted on me, she thought she could buy my ladies because she was queen, that was not how it worked in my household, everyone was tested subtly and if they failed then they were asked or commanded to leave.
I made sure Henry knew this and that his spy was allowed in to report everything from my home, i wanted him to be sure of her loyality.

Everyone in my house hold was educated to a certain level at the very basic to read and write, which was unheard of in most of Europe and just having that basic skill encourged their loyality to me.
I walked towards Henry's room, the door opened for me and saw Henry up with a sweet little Mary Boleyn in his bed, Henry looked a little red faced but only had a smirk, I think sometimes he tries to make me jealous.

"Your Majesty, what can I do for you?"

"Many things, Your Grace but for now Mary is to be given a place in my house hold, could you let Charles know?"

"With the Queen as one of her ladies?"

Henrys eyes widened for a moment, I wanted to tease him with regards to his choice but he just cleared his throat.

"That will do."

"As you wish, does she need training or is she adequate?"

Because he takes a likely to some girls but can not keep it for long as he likes to be dominated sometimes for variety.

"She is adequate."

So he likes her but won't be keeping her permanently, understood.
I turned to Mary and she seemed to be looking at me in awe, I smiled at her because she was so painfully naive and once she had learned her lesson I would take her as a lady of my household to train her properly as Thomas Boleyn seems to be unable too.

"Lady Mary, thank you for keeping his Majesty company. You have been of great service and I will be here to help you."

"Thank you, your grace."

"Come to me when you are dressed."

I looked at Henry and I could see the desire when he looks at me but it was not the right time for us to be together and I would not risk us being found out.
I know he wanted to claim his sons then he would have to wait but until he married me I would not let him because I refuse for them to be called bastards especially by that prick Wolsey.

"Is that all your Majesty?"

"For now Addy."

He smirks at me and I smirk back before leaving the room, I see Catherine walking towards Henrys room, I give a quick curtsey before leaving them as I was almost away I heard her swearing in Spanish was mistress Boleyn comes out of the bedroom, I had to admit I couldn't wait to tell Charles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

819K 32K 45
I will be the first to say that I'm not sure why I happened to seemingly be reincarnated into one Caroline Forbes? I don't do cheerleading, sure I'm...
56.7K 1.1K 20
(OUAT Universe) When Henry's family had deduced that it was Neverland he had been taken to, Lily volunteered herself to come and save him. She vol...
7.4K 155 34
!!!Undergoing Editing!!! *previously known as The Red Queen Effect* "It's strange what desires could make foolish people do. I'd never dreamed that I...
49.7K 1.7K 49
She lead a rather tragic life. The black sheep of her family due to her lack of affinity for fire. Her affinity was quite the opposite. Water in fac...