FINALLY FREE, grey's anatomy

By Boonannaxdd

Seattle, Washington. Ryan Joseph Grey lived there his whole life and when his and Meredith's mother had gott... More

Finally Free
⁴ˣ⁰¹. ⁿᵉʷ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿⁿⁱⁿᵍˢ
⁴ˣ⁰². ˡᵒᵛᵉ/ᵃᵈᵈⁱᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ
⁴ˣ⁰³. ˡᵉᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʳᵘᵗʰ ˢᵗⁱⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ⁰⁴. ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ
⁴ˣ⁰⁵. ʰᵃᵘⁿᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ᵈᵃʸ
⁴ˣ⁰⁶. ᵏᵘⁿᵍ ᶠᵘ ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗⁱⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ⁰⁷. ᵖʰʸˢⁱᶜᵃˡ ᵃᵗᵗʳᵃᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ.... ᶜʰᵉᵐⁱᶜᵃˡ ʳᵉᵃᶜᵗⁱᵒⁿ
⁴ˣ⁰⁸. ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ʸᵒᵘⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ⁰⁹. ᶜʳᵃˢʰ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ.¹ ᵒᶠ ²
⁴ˣ¹⁰. ᶜʳᵃˢʰ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵖᵗ.² ᵒᶠ ²
⁴ˣ¹¹. ˡᵃʸ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵃⁿᵈˢ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ
⁴ˣ¹². ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʷⁱˡᵈ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ᵃʳᵉ
⁴ˣ¹³. ᵖⁱᵉᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵐʸ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ
⁴ˣ¹⁴. ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᶜᵒᵐⁱⁿᵍ
⁴ˣ¹⁵. ˡᵒˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵐʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈ
⁴ˣ¹⁶. ᶠʳᵉᵉᵈᵒᵐ ᵖᵗ¹ ᵒᶠ ¹
⁴ˣ¹⁷. ᶠʳᵉᵉᵈᵒᵐ ᵖᵗ ² ᵒᶠ ²
⁵ˣ⁰¹. ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ. ¹ ᵒᶠ ²
⁵ˣ⁰². ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵃ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵈʳᵉᵃᵐ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵉ ᵖᵗ.² ᵒᶠ ²
⁵ˣ⁰³. ʰᵉʳᵉ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᶠˡᵒᵒᵈ
⁵ˣ⁰⁴. ᵇʳᵃᵛᵉ ⁿᵉʷ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ
⁵ˣ⁰⁵. ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'ˢ ⁿᵒ ⁱ ⁱⁿ ᵗᵉᵃᵐ
⁵ˣ⁰⁶. ˡⁱᶠᵉ ᵈᵘʳⁱⁿᵍ ʷᵃʳᵗⁱᵐᵉ
⁵ˣ⁰⁷. ʳⁱˢᵉ ᵘᵖ
⁵ˣ⁰⁸. ᵗʰᵉˢᵉ ᵗⁱᵉˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵇⁱⁿᵈ
⁵ˣ¹⁰. ᵃˡˡ ᵇʸ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ
⁵ˣ¹¹. ʷⁱˢʰ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉ
⁵ˣ¹². ˢʸᵐᵖᵃᵗʰʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰʳ ᵈᵉᵛⁱˡ
⁵ˣ¹⁴. ᵇᵉᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᵒᵘᵗ
⁵ˣ¹⁵. ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃᶠᵗᵉʳ
⁵ˣ¹⁶. ᵃⁿ ʰᵒⁿᵉˢᵗ ᵐⁱˢᵗᵃᵏᵉ
⁵ˣ¹⁷. ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ᶠᵒˡˡᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱⁿᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵈᵃʳᵏ
⁵ˣ¹⁸. ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈ ᵇʸ ᵐᵉ
⁵ˣ¹⁹. ᵉˡᵉᵛᵃᵗᵒʳ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ˡᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ
⁵ˣ²⁰. ˢʷᵉᵉᵗ ˢᵘʳʳᵉⁿᵈᵉʳ
⁵ˣ²¹. ⁿᵒ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵃᵗ ˢᵃʸⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵒʳʳʸ ⁽ᵒⁿᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᶜʰᵃⁿᶜᵉ⁾
⁵ˣ²². ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵃ ᵈⁱᶠᶠᵉʳᵉⁿᶜᵉ ᵃ ᵈᵃʸ ᵐᵃᵏᵉˢ
⁵ˣ²⁴. ⁿᵒʷ ᵒʳ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ
⁶ˣ⁰¹. ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵐᵒʳⁿⁱⁿᵍ
⁶ˣ⁰². ᵍᵒᵒᵈᵇʸᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰³. ⁽ⁱ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᶠᵉᵉˡ ˡⁱᵏᵉ⁾ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵇᵒᵈʸ'ˢ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰⁱⁿ' ᵐᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰⁴. ᵗᵃⁱⁿᵗᵉᵈ ᵒᵇˡⁱᵍᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ
⁶ˣ⁰⁵. ⁱⁿᵛᵃˢⁱᵒⁿ
⁶ˣ⁰⁶. ⁱ ˢᵃʷ ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ˢᵃʷ
⁶ˣ⁰⁷. ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ᵖᵉᵃᶜᵉ ᵃ ᶜʰᵃⁿᶜᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰⁸. ⁱⁿᵛᵉˢᵗ ⁱⁿ ˡᵒᵛᵉ
⁶ˣ⁰⁹. ⁿᵉʷ ʰⁱˢᵗᵒʳʸ
⁶ˣ¹⁰. ʰᵒˡⁱᵈᵃᶻᵉ
⁶ˣ¹¹. ᵇˡⁱⁿᵏ
⁶ˣ¹². ⁱ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ⁱᵗ ᵇᵉᵗᵗᵉʳ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ⁿᵃᵏᵉᵈ
⁶ˣ¹³. ˢᵗᵃᵗᵉ ᵒᶠ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʳᵘˢᵗ
⁶ˣ¹⁴. ᵛᵃˡᵉⁿᵗⁱⁿᵉ'ˢ ᵈᵃʸ ᵐᵃˢˢᵃᶜʳᵉ
⁶ˣ¹⁶. ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵃᶜᶜⁱᵈᵉⁿᵗ
⁶ˣ¹⁷. ᵖᵘˢʰ
⁶ˣ¹⁹. ˢʸᵐᵖᵃᵗʰʸ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃʳᵉⁿᵗˢ
⁶ˣ²⁰. ʰᵒᵒᵏ, ˡⁱⁿᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢⁱⁿⁿᵉʳ
⁶ˣ²¹. ʰᵒʷ ⁱⁿˢᵉⁿˢⁱᵗⁱᵛᵉ
⁶ˣ²². ˢʰⁱⁿʸ ʰᵃᵖᵖʸ ᵖᵉᵒᵖˡᵉ
⁶ˣ²³. ˢᵃⁿᶜᵗᵘᵃʳʸ ˣ ⁶ˣ²⁴. ᵈᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃˡˡ ʰⁱˢ ᶠʳⁱᵉⁿᵈˢ
⁷ˣ⁰¹. ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ ⁱ'ᵐ ᵇᵒʳⁿ ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿ
⁷ˣ⁰². ˢʰᵒᶜᵏ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐ
⁷ˣ⁰³. ˢᵘᵖᵉʳᶠʳᵉᵃᵏ
⁷ˣ⁰⁴. ᶜᵃⁿ'ᵗ ᶠⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵇⁱᵒˡᵒᵍʸ
⁷ˣ⁰⁷. ᵗʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵐᵉ ᵗʳʸⁱⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ⁰⁸. ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ'ˢ ᵍᵒᵗᵗᵃ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ
⁷ˣ⁰⁹. ˢˡᵒʷ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ, ˢᵒ ˡᵒⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ¹¹. ᵈⁱˢᵃʳᵐ
⁷ˣ¹². ˢᵗᵃʳᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵘᵖ
⁷ˣ¹³. ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵈᵉᶜᵉⁱᵛᵉ ᵐᵉ ⁽ ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵍᵒ⁾
⁷ˣ¹⁴. ᵖ.ʸ.ᵗ ⁽ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ ʸᵒᵘⁿᵍ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ⁾
⁷ˣ¹⁷. ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ʰᵒʷ ʷᵉ ᵈᵒ ⁱᵗ
⁷ˣ¹⁸. ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᵇᵉⁿᵉᵃᵗʰ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵒⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ¹⁹. ⁱᵗˢ ᵃ ˡᵒⁿᵍ ʷᵃʸ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ
⁷ˣ²⁰. ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ ʷᵉᵈᵈⁱⁿᵍ
⁷ˣ²¹. ⁱ ʷⁱˡˡ ˢᵘʳᵛⁱᵛᵉ
⁷ˣ²². ᵘⁿᵃᶜᶜᵒᵐᵖᵃⁱⁿᵉᵈ ᵐⁱⁿᵒʳ
ᵃᵈᵈⁱᵗⁱᵒⁿᵃˡ ᶜʰᵃʳᵃᶜᵗᵉʳˢ
⁸ˣ⁰¹. ᶠʳᵉᵉ ᶠᵃˡˡⁱⁿᵍ
⁸ˣ⁰². ˢʰᵉ'ˢ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ
⁸ˣ⁰⁴. ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱˢ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ᵐᵉⁿ
⁸ˣ⁰⁵. ˡᵒˢˢ, ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ˡᵉᵍᵃᶜʸ
⁸ˣ⁰⁶. ᵖᵒᵏᵉʳ ᶠᵃᶜᵉ
⁸ˣ⁰⁷. ᵖᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ ⁱⁿ, ᶜᵒᵃᶜʰ
⁸ˣ⁰⁸. ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ⁻ˢʰᵃᵖᵉᵈ ᵇᵒˣ
⁸ˣ⁰⁹.ᵈᵃʳᵏ ʷᵃˢ ᵗʰᵉ ⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ
⁸ˣ¹⁰. ˢᵘᵈᵈᵉⁿˡʸ
⁸ˣ¹¹. ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵐᵃᵍⁱᶜ ᵐᵒᵐᵉⁿᵗ

⁵ˣ⁰⁹. ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵐⁱᵈⁿⁱᵍʰᵗ ʰᵒᵘʳ

795 38 2
By Boonannaxdd

season five, episode nine

"I thought we hated your mother."

Sadie stated as Meredith looked at her friend, "I kind of think now, if me and Ryan weren't her kids, I would've liked her." Meredith admitted about her and Ryan's mother, "I mean, she was funny, and intense, a lot like Cristina."

Sadie scoffed chuckling, "Yeah, intense, I get that from Cristina. Funny, not so much." She replied about Ryan's resident, "Oh, she takes a while to warm up, but when she does, she's Cristina." Meredith said about her person, "Give her a chance, she's very loyal, and you need allies here."

Sadie looked at Meredith, "I have you and Ryan and besides, wasn't your mother kind of a bitch to your brother?" Meredith hummed, "She was, but that's just how she is." She replied about her mother, "and now look at Ryan, she made him hate her but now he's doing his internship becoming a doctor. He's gonna be a great doctor." She added about her brother.

"What do you think about..uh, what her name, your sister, Lexie?" Sadie questioned her friend about her half sister, "What do I think about her?"

Sadie nods her head, "Yea, as an ally for me. My new intern BFF." Sadie stated with a smirk, "No, I—No. I don't see that." Meredith admitted shaking her head, "Ryan is close to her compared to me. She was raised right with parents and rules. Ryan is very protective of her," Meredith added about her brother's protectiveness over Lexie, "He's always been the protective type." Sadie added, remembering when Ryan used to ask questions about where Sadie and Meredith were going, and who they were going out with, "Yeah." Meredith added with a smile about her brother.

____

Ryan came around the corner when seeing Lexie rushing away from where he was about to approach her, when hearing a man screaming coming towards the trauma room, "Male Grey, help!"

Ryan grabbed the man's arms to restrict him before his arm slipped from Ryan's hands and hit Callie in the face causing her to fall back, "Dr Torres!" Ryan said when he grabbed the man's arm again.

Mark got ahold of the patient as Ryan knelt down seeing blood come from Callie's nose, "Dr Torres," He shook her awake, "Hey, hey." Mark looked at Ryan, "Take her to a room. I'll be right there."

Ryan nods his head as he helped up the resident, his arm coming around Callie's waist as he lead the resident towards an empty room setting her down onto the patient bed putting a bandage on her nose until Dr Sloan came into the room.

"It wasn't a great nose, anyway," Mark told his friend, "Yes, it was." Callie told her best friend when moving Ryan's hand that held the ice pack to her injured nose, "It was a nice nose."

Ryan looked at Mark, "He was kidding, Cal, relax." He told her before Mark injected something into her nose, "It was a gorgeous nose and it will be again. Two weeks from now, you won't even tell what happened."

"Really?"

Mark hummed, "Three weeks, four tops." The plastic surgeon stated, as Ryan then smiled down at the resident, "I hate you." She said to both of them, "You love us." Mark them put an equipment up her nose, "a little pinch."

Callie cried out in pain, "Oh, come on." Ryan then held the resident's hand, "that didn't hurt." However, Callie squeezed Ryan's hand hard to what the intern didn't even flinch at, "Maybe if I was having a good year, it would feel like a little pinch. But it hurts, Mark, it hurts a lot!"

Ryan looked at the resident, "You know what? I was gonna do this with some local, but I think we'll use conscious sedation." He replied, "That way when you wake up, your nose will be fixed and it'll be a whole new day."

Mark told his best friend, "Ok, well, at least I have you two." Ryan looked at the resident, "You'll still be my friend and have sex with me when I want, right?"

Ryan hummed, "Any time." He spoke with a charming smile, as Mark agreed with that, making Callie smile at her two friends, "You know," Mark said when moving a piece of her hair back, "once your face heals."

Her smile falls from her face, "I hate the both of you." Ryan looked at her, "Hey! I didn't say anything, that was all Mark." Callie then looked at Ryan, "Will you still have sex with me?"

Ryan looked at Mark after Callie's question who shook his head subtly, "Not until your face heals." Callie then glares at him, "I hate you." Callie admitted as Ryan let's a smile come over his face, "Oh, you love us."

Mark went to walk out of the room as Ryan looked at Callie, "Let's lay down." He laid her back down against the tilted patient bed as Callie now held the ice pack to her bruised nose as Ryan looked at her, kissing her forehead, "It'll be good as new before we know it." Callie looked at Ryan with the same eyes she'd do to get him to sleep with her.

"Uh-huh," Ryan shook his head, "Not until your nose heals, Cal." Ryan admitted leaving the orthopaedic surgeon alone in the patient room.

____

The interns all stood around an OR room, "This is so cool." Ryan furrowed his eyebrows when coming into the room, "Can you guys believe we're actually doing this?"

"The epidural should be working."

Ryan looked at where Lexie poked at Sadie's numbed stomach, "Lexie, what are you doing?" He questioned his sister when taking her a few feet away from the numbed Sadie, "We want to learn. I want to learn, and we can't learn just by watching the residents—"

"Cause it's not our turn, Lexie. If someone died on your watch, I know how you'd be, you'd be depressed that you can't save that person." Lexie looked at Ryan, "It's not your problem to save me. You can't keep saving me from these type of things. It's gonna happen sooner or later, Ryan."

The Grey male shook his head disappointed in her, "Well, I'm not gonna be here to take the fall for you. Or to protect you when you're not letting me." He admitted as Lexie looked at her half brother, "I want to learn things, Ryan, we all do. Not all of us can be like you, the favourite intern who gets to go on special cases and scrub in." Ryan opened his mouth to disagree but he knew it was true, "Doing this isn't going to make you their favourite."

"It's my choice."

Ryan looked to Meredith's travelling friend, "I hope you know what you're getting yourself into." He replied as Sadie looked at Ryan seeing a sense of vulnerability, "Cause we are not surgeons, we are interns, the bottom of the surgical food chain. And if something happens, Sadie, you could die. Just think about that." He stated before he walked out of the OR room shaking his head.

____

"Lexie."

Ryan had heard how Lexie had tried finding him to help the interns out in helping Sadie out who almost died because of their stupidity.

He looked at the line of his fellow interns, who sat waiting to be spoken to by the chief of surgery, "What the hell happened?"

"I didn't—we didn't tell you because this—" She said motioning to Ryan's sour face, "You'd be like this," She repeated as Ryan looked at her, "Lexie, you could have came to me, I—"

Lexie stopped her half brother, "So what? You could've stopped me, you didn't, Ryan." Lexie told her half brother, who looked at her in confusion, "I should've stayed there convincing you that this was a bad idea. I should have done." Ryan admitted.

Lexie looked at her half brother, "Stop acting like you're my brother. You're only related to me because we have the same father, stop trying to protect me from things, Ryan. I can handle it!" She shouted at him when Ryan stepped back at Lexie shouting at him which she had never done before, "This was all me."

Ryan clenched his jaw, "You know what, maybe I do protect you from things because I know you can't handle it, Lexie," He admitted to her, "You can't." He related to her, "And one day, you're gonna see that, and you're gonna come telling me what a mistake you've made, you could be taken off this internship because of this and I won't be here to nurse you in what to do." He stated shaking his head, "Your mom—she wouldn't of liked this version of you, Lexie."

Ryan then walked away from his half sister keeping a cool head when turning the corner and walking further down, where he went into an on-call room hitting the wall.

____

"Dr Female Grey, present."

Ryan stood far away from Lexie, "Sadie Harris, 30, three hours posh appedectomy complicated by haemorrhaging." Lexie explained to their residents, "Death, what is this?" Sadie then asked her friend, "Dr Spalding."

Meredith said ignoring her travelling friend, "Vitals stable, antibiotic coverage, she should fully recover within two weeks." Ryan Spalding commented as Ryan leaned against the wall, not having any part in this, "And?"

"And we, as your surgeons," Lexie let out a breath, "made mistakes that compromised your care." Lexie added when she looked at Sadie, "Mistakes that referrer poorly on this hospital and they won't happen again."

Meredith then looked at all of the interns, "Effectively immediately, every intern here is on probation expect for Ryan Grey." Meredith said about her brother who stood behind his fellow interns, "So much as you sneeze, and you're done."

Dr Yang then looked at them, "None of you will see the inside of an OR until further notice." The intern loooed at one another, "You've lost the chiefs respect, which believe me, is not an easy thing to get back." George commented, "Speaking for myself," Alex said adding his opinion, "You've lost my respect and you won't get that back."

"But he still respects Izzie Stevens."

Pierce commented near to Ryan, "What did you say?" Alex asked his intern, "You seem to still respect Izzie Stevens and she killed a patient." Alex went towards the intern grabbing at his intern's white lab coat, and pushing him up against a wall, "She was trying to save a man's life. You almost killed a friend for fun. It's different."

Everyone turned their heads seeing Izzie Stevens standing outside of Sadie's hospital room, Ryan moved Alex away from Pierce, "Come on, man." He moved Pierce out of Sadie's hospital room along with the rest of the interns ignoring Lexie who tried saying something to him, however Ryan ignored her coming back into Sadie's hospital room.

Lexie looked at her half brother who spoke to his older sister hugging her in his arms, as he spoke to Sadie who laid in the hospital bed looking at the siblings' relationship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 8.5K 70
After the loss of her brothers, cutting off her mother and almost all of her sisters, and marrying the love of her life and becoming a mother herself...
52.8K 1.6K 21
"Oh, mirror in the sky What is love?" ⎯ grey's anatomy fic ⎯ season one - ongoing ⎯ oc x alex karev
49.8K 1.4K 15
"Chandelier's still flickering here 'Cause I can't pretend it's ok when it's not It's death by a thousand cuts" - Death By A Thousand Cuts, Taylor Sw...
136K 1.1K 72
greys anatomy imagines