The Sun Shines Bright

By Millie_Kalypso

School Is Bad, but maybe it can get better for the both of them or worse. This book goes through the lives of... More

Last Day of Summer
First Day of School
School
Lunch
The Other Last Day of Summer
The Other First Day of School
Back to your regularly scheduled lunch
Blaze's Music Class
Amy's Art Class
Together Again
All Together Now
The Way Home
Home Again, Home Again
At the End of the Day, the Sun Hides.
A New Day
Everything is fine
A Total Nervous Wreck of a Day
A total nervous wreck of an Art Class
The End of The (school) day
Another Day Finished
Before You Start Your Day
Today is a good day?
An F in Art makes Fart
Pass the Day Away
It didn't go well.
Today is a Day
A Good Day?
Wait a Minute
On a Hill Together
A Sunny Day
Monday again
Three is a Trio, Four is a Team
Obvious
Girl(s)
Two pairs
First, Second, and Last
Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday Everyday
Block It Out
Walk me through it
Luxury Loneliness
Pretender
Together
Morning
Teasing For Two
Boo
Something Halloweeny
It's Halloween
Haunted House
Novemberish
A Silver Focused Chapter
Quitter
Surfaces
Another Word For Repetitive
TIMES
Your Favorite Color
Sharing is Caring
Mental Strength isn't the same as Physical Strength
The Perfect Day
We're back here again
There's a reason for the Thanksgiving Season
Americ anThanksgiving
Parents
Simple Questions
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Noel
I Miss Her.
How can you deal with this
Why did you have to go and mess up everything?

What Do We Do Now?

0 0 0
By Millie_Kalypso

                  Cream and Marine continue to hold hands throughout the entire rest of the period. Not letting go until that bell rings and still not wanting to. They separate again for their fourth period. But after that, they get back to the same place for lunch. They meet each other in the hallway and go into the cafeteria and then the lunch line. They do their usual, with the occasional attempt or success at holding hands. Cream has to tell Marine to let go of her hand on one occasion. Which Marine sighs at but does.

                  Once they're out of the line they hold hands and walk to their table. They're not there first so they disconnect their hands until they sit in their seat where they connect them again once their hands are under the table and out of view. Silver is already sitting there and of course he won't notice. Eventually Amy and Blaze join them, too distracted by each other to even consider to notice anything. All they do is talk to each other. So Cream and Marine aren't even caring that they won't notice. Even if they did, all that does will make Blaze panic as now she has no one up on them and Amy probably won't react except for a congratulations of some kind. But nobody notices so Cream and Marine continue on doing what they're doing. Eventually they finish and go to the tray washing place and give their trays in. Nobody notices them holding hands when they get out of their chairs, when they're walking with each other or when they come back. Lunch ends and they also go their own separate ways. Cream and Marine decide to push their luck and hold hands while walking with Blaze. Blaze unsurprisingly doesn't notice. Marine and Cream silently agree it's because of Amy. They laugh amongst themselves at Blaze's expense. Then they seperate. Going to their classes, then their next class. Then reuniting again for their eighth period. Where they hold hands again. They forget one thing. Tails.

                  "Why are you holding hands?" The girl asks the other two. Taking them aback before they realize that they messed up.

                  "No reason."

                  "Yeah, what Cream said, just felt like it"

                  "Sure....."

                 Thankfully nobody else hears and Tails drops it, but not before giving a knowing look. Confirming she knows what's going on with the other two. But at least she'll keep it secret and that the other two are happy for. Eventually the period ends again, they go out to the buses holding hands. Tails is the only one who notices. She smiles at the other two. Cream and Marine get to their bus with Blaze after everyone else. Neither Blaze nor their bus driver nor anyone else notice them holding hands. It's nice, their open little secret. They sit down and keep holding hands. All the way home. While the bus tosses and turns. They hold on. To each other. Making sure the other one is okay.

                 They get home as normal and get off the bus the same way but holding hands. They walk up the driveway with Blaze and go inside and walk upstairs with her, she flops on her bed not noticing. The other two laugh. Then head downstairs. Where they wait and discuss whatever can possibly come to their minds.

                 "Of course she did that to you too" Marine says rolling her eyes

                 "We were kinda hopeless though. Well now we aren't, but to be fair." Cream suggests to Marine's displeasure

                 "To be fair, that's mean"

                 "At least we can torment her now."

                 "Oh yeah!"

                 The two laugh with each other.

                 "So...."

                 "What?"

                 "When are we going to tell them?"

                 "Whenever you're comfortable too"

                 "Oh, okay. Let's tell my Mom when she gets home."

                 "...okay"

                 Eventually Vanilla arrives home. Cream and Marine walk out holding hands. Vanilla doesn't notice at first, but eventually she does.

                "...Why are you two holding hands?"

                "We're dating now." Cream says.

                "Yup" Marine confirms

                "Well, I'm happy for you but give me a second." Vanilla unpacks whatever she has and goes upstairs. Where she proceeds to shake Blaze awake.

                "Mom, what?" Blaze says groggy.

                "Come downstairs, now." Vanilla panic whispers.

                Blaze follows her Mom downstairs. Very confused. Until she sees Marine and Cream downstairs. Smiling.

                "What happened, Mom?"

                "Look."

                "It's just Marine and Cream Mom."

                "Look at what they're doing."

                "Mom, they're holding hands, they've been doing that all d-... holy crap."

                Cream and Marine laugh hard at Blaze's ignorance. Blaze short circuits. While Vanilla evaluates the situation.

                "Well this has been a long time coming. We're going to be honest. But I am and I hope Blaze is very happy for you."

                "Hey Blaze." Cream says smugly.

                "..."

                "Blaze, sweetie, are you okay?"

                "I'm leaving." Blaze walks back upstairs leaving the rest of them behind. Vanilla turns to the two others.

                "She'll get over it." Cream says while Marine laughs.

                Blaze goes into her, Cream's and now Marine's room and slumps against the door. Nothing comes until a few minutes later. When something presses lightly against the door, but gives up and sits on the other side.

                 "Blaze?"

                 "Hey Mom."

                 "Are you okay?"

                 "No."

                 "You're not mad about Cream and Marine's relationship, are you?"

                 "No."

                 "Then what are you mad about?"

                 "...I have no idea."

                 "...are you okay?"

                 "...I have no idea."

                 "What are you stressing over?"

                 "...ask Cream."

                 "I'm asking you, not her."

                 "..."

                 "Blaze."

                 "I don't even know how I feel."

                 "...is this about Amy?"

                 "..."

                 "Blaze?"

                 "...yes."

                 "...well at least we're getting somewhere now."

                 "This is so stupid."

                 "What part of it is stupid?"

                 "Romance."

                 "What's wrong with it?"

                 "I'm afraid to love. I am so afraid."

                 "...I would love to ask why, but I already know. So I'm sorry."

                 "You don't have to be sorry."

                 "I know, but it's just compensation."

                 "...Thank You."

                 "You know you don't have to be afraid."

                 "I know. But I also don't."

                 "Alright. Come out when you can."

                 "...I'll do it right now."

                 Blaze opens the door, Vanilla looks to her and opens her arms. Blaze graciously accepts and basically falls into the hug. They go downstairs, Vanilla followed by Blaze. As soon as they get downstairs, they're greeted by Marine and Cream as soon as they get down.

                 "We won't tease you that much, we promise!" Cream says.

                 "Speak for yourself" Marine says followed by an soft elbow by Cream and a laugh out of Marine. Blaze can't help but smile at the scene. Then goes to hug both of them and they accept easily, all three of them melt into the hug, savoring every second of it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 131 23
Amy Rose was broken, completely shattered as her reality crumbled in front of her. Now cold and alone, his fierce flame became her new reality, While...
160 1 15
two high school girls who grew up to be enemies because of an old rivalry, but sadly for them..They share a best friend. As the book progresses you w...
29.7K 480 22
Amy was a new student in Mobius high. When she lays eyes on the most popular kid in the school known as Sonic, she began to fall for him badly. When...
36.6K 1.1K 35
Sonic didn't understand love. He always bailed on Amy when he came to dates. Until one day She drags him to a fortune teller. Finding out that they a...