The Walking Dead Eye For An E...

Від Blakewolf1

Months have passed since Joan was killed by Violet, but there have been some issues with Violet. Is Clementin... Більше

What Is Wrong?
What Have I Done?
What Am I Seeing?
It's Not Your Fault
I Don't Want To Be Saved
Nightmare Come True
Feeling Ok
Who Am I?
Her Mind Is A Mess
Sick In The Head
Eyes Filled With Tears
She Needs To Know
I'll Be Fine
Am I Allowed To Feel?
How Can I Help Her?
It Was An Accident
Would I Do It Again?
Meeting Someone From The Past
You're One Of The Good Ones
We Talk But Argue More
The Truth Hurts Sometimes
Image Of The Past Are Scary
Destroying Myself
Photo's Tell A Story
What To Feel When You Don't Want To
A Trip For The Family
Anger Is Not The Best Medicine
What Is Normal?
May We Meet Again Some Day

Are The Walls Finally Breaking?

16 0 0
Від Blakewolf1

(Violet's Pov)

I looked to Clementine as she looks at me and I look to my lap as she backed up from the chair. I sighed as I look to her.

"Please don't tell me that you still think you're in Joans group, do you?" She asked and I look at her.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you still think you're in her group?" She asked.

"No, why are you treating me like I'm fucking crazy?" I asked her and she looks at me.

"Violet-."

"I'm not crazy, I'm not." I tell her.

"I know you aren't but you worry me sometimes." She says.

"You don't need to worry about me Clem." I tell her.

"Why? Why should I not worry about you?" She asked.

"Because I'm not a good person Clem, I'm not a good wife, I'm not a good mom, I'm not good at anything anymore, I get drunk, I run off when things get way out of hand for me, I hallucinate and hear voices in my head and I hate it Clem, I fucking hate it, but you and the others don't understand, you'll never understand." I tell her.

"If you don't tell us any of this then we can't help you." She says.

"That's the thing, I don't want your help."

"Yes, you do."

"NO, I DON'T!" I yelled at her as I got up and in her face. She looks at me and I look down to the floor and then shake my head.

"I don't want your help, because... because it means I'm weak, that I can't do anything to help myself, that I can't... Do anything... now stop." I tell her and she grabbed me and shoved me to the wall and I glare at her.

"You are not weak-." I shoved her off me but she shoved me back and I glare at her.

"You are going to listen to me Violet, you are not weak, you are not anything bad that you think of, god damn it I don't want to hear those words out of your mouth again, do you understand me?" She asked and I just look at her.

"Do you understand me?" She asked again but I stay quiet and look away from her.

"VI!"

"I'M NOT MAKING A PROMISE I CAN'T KEEP!" I yelled at her and she grabbed my face and made me look at her.

"I... Vi I just don't want to lose you." She says and she let go of my face and then laid her head on my chest and I take my hand and place it on her back and rubbed it gently.

"I feel like shit when I can't help you, that you keep so much from me, for gods sake Violet what happened to you, I would do anything to go back and stop it, and the fact that you kept it from me... I felt like shit." She tells me and I pull her closer to me.

"Clem, I don't want you to feel like you should have helped me, I did it to myself, I fucked up, I'm keeping up this barrier because I have to because if I don't... I feel like a monster." I tell her.

"You aren't-."

"I am... just... let's get back to work or something." I mutter as we pull apart and go looking around. It wasn't till we got into the nurses' office that we find some papers and I look through them.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you." I say and look to Clem who was also looking through a file of her own.

"It's fine." She says and I look at her as she looked back to the file.

"I mean... when I yelled at you... when you brought up Louis." I tell her and she looked back to me.

"I shouldn't have said what I said." I tell her.

"I shouldn't have said what I said either." She tells me and I keep looking at her as she flipped through the file.

"Did you want a child with him?" I asked.

"Vi-."

"No, I mean... like just so you could have your own kid, not like... leaving me and stuff." I say and she looked at me.

"I would have, but I don't think that's the best thing to do right now." She says as she comes over to me and shows me the file. We read it a bit and I nod as I take the file and put it in my bag and we look for more. once we had enough, we get ready to leave and we end up looking around the building. I see the door from before and I go up to it and place my ear to the door hearing nothing so I try to open it and it did open but there was something blocking it. I shove the door more and see all the bodies on the ground.

"Oh god." I hear and turn to Clem who ended up throwing up on the side. I look back to see bodies hanging or even tacked to the wall. They still had flesh as if they were mummified.

"Fucking hell." I mutter and walk in a bit before I'm pulled back.

"Are you fucking stupid? What if those damn things are still alive?" I hear and look to Clem.

"They would still be groaning.... Wouldn't they?" I asked.

"I don't know and I don't care, you are not going in there." She says.

"Clem it's fine, look skeletons all over the place and the ones that are mummified are tacked to the god damn walls." I tell her and I go in look around the room and go up to one of the bodies.

"Vi.... Fucking hell." She says as she comes in and I look around a bit. I look back to the bodies and I take a deep breath and then to the ground as I head over to the desk.

"Fucking monsters do this to people." I mutter as I find a file and looked through it.

"Vi." I hear and look up to her and I take another breath.

"This whole place is just.... Fucking... hm." I then put the file in my bag and I get away from the desk and look back to the bodies and we head out the building. We get back to the truck and I drive back to the house and I think as I drive more.

"Violet." I hear and look to Clementine as she looked back to me.

"Are you... are you ok?" She asked.

"I'm fine... why?" I asked as I looked back to the road.

"All those... bodies." She says and I clear my throat a bit and take a deep breath.

"I just... I can deal with it." I tell her.

"But that was... barbaric." She says and I nod.

"Yeah... very barbaric." I tell her as I drive more.

"How could people do that?" I hear her ask herself and I look to her then back to the road.

People were desperate to find a cure that they would do anything, but tacking people to the walls like that, there was no reason." I mutter.

"I just... I still feel sick." She says and I look to her as she wrapped her hands around her stomach and I look to the road again.

"You should have never seen that." I tell her.

"I just... god damn it." She says and I look at her and then pull the truck off to the side and I look at her.

"Are you ok?" I asked and she shakes her head and then opened the door and ends up throwing up. I rubbed her back gently as she throws up again and I look at her then to the front of the truck. When she was done, I look to her and she takes a few breaths as she tried to breath.

"Oh god I thought I saw it all but... fuck." She says and I look at her.

"Yeah, it uh... it get's to you." I say quietly. I mean what could I say?

"Sorry just... sorry." She says.

"No reason to be sorry Clem." I tell her and then we moved back to our spots but I didn't move the truck at all.

"There was the wall in Crawford, I thought that was bad but... I don't know." She says and I nod.

"Yeah, I get it, when I was with Romeo and Delta, we once found two walkers chained up by the throat, and their arms had been ripped off along with their jaws, looked like it was done when they were alive." I say as I started to drive.

"Ok, no." She says.

"Then there was this one Walker that looked like its head was turned all around, I mean how the hell did they become a Walker?" I laughed.

"Violet." She says and I keep talking.

"Oh, and don't even get me started on the two Walkers that were hanging up on the ceiling still moving around trying to grab us, then the rope broke and SPLAT! They fell to the ground when the support beam broke landing on them." I tell her.

"Please, I once saw a Walker that came out of a vat of oil being all slimy and gross, when it grabbed this one guy I was going to capture, it bit him and made this disgusting slurping sound." She says trying to imitate the sound.

"Oh gross, there was one Walker that was just pacing in a circle and when it saw Romeo, they tried to come up to him, but they broke their leg. But the way it was coming after him it was like 'Come give me a kiss.'" I tell her and we laughed.

"Damn, oh, oh there was another Walker that was trying to drive a car, the damn thing was actually able to turn the damn car on." She says.

"Did it crash the car?" I laughed and so did she.

"Yeah, into a bank." She laughed and I rubbed my face a bit and looked to the road. I smirk a bit as I make a detour and we get into town and she looked to me.

"Come on, we can have some fun." I say as we get out of the truck.

"We should really be heading back." Clem says and I look at her.

"Clem, we literally have all the time in the world, we can go anywhere, we can do what we want, with barely any consequences, no one to tell us what to do." I tell her.

"Are you ok?" She asked and I nod as I go up to the truck and placed my hand on the window.

"But." She stopped and I look to her and raised a brow.

"I know you hate it when I have moments like this but come on, humor me." I tell her.

"Humor you? The last time you were humored you lost an arm." She tells me.

"Ok and I learned my lesson with that, we can be careful." I tell her.

"Be careful Violet, you lost an arm from doing this." She says.

"Clem, come on, it's just something to do, it... I can't explain it but I just like doing this because... it's fun, exciting, there are other words." I try to tell her.

"Don't you think that you doing this has to deal with the fact that you want to have some sort of control?" She asked and I snap my fingers at her and click my tongue.

"Exactly." I tell her and she looked at me.

"Well, the fact that you are willing to admit it, shows some progress." She says and I nod.

"Some but not all, also being a little crazy isn't all that bad." I tell her.

"It's most certainly bad." She says as she gets out of the truck.

"Come on, live a little Clem." I tell her and she sighed.

"Fine, just for a little bit." She says and I chuckled as we walked into a store and looked around a bit.

"Why here?" She asked and I shrugged.

"No reason, just being random." I chuckled as we walked around some more.

"I think we should talk about the whole.... Issue." She says and I turn around and started to walk backwards.

"What issue?" I asked.

"The fact that you feel like you need to be in control." She says and I think as I stopped.

"Let's be fair here, I'm not really in control with my life." I tell her.

"What makes you say that?" She asked.

"I'm treated like a kid, can't do as much as I could, have to be watched carefully or I could have a full-blown panic attack and end up shooting someone in our group." I tell her.

"It was an accident." She says and I shrugged.

"Yeah, but I was freaking out because I kept seeing Joan, like she comes and goes as she pleases, my mind is pretty fucked up." I chuckled and I look at her.

"Look I get it; you have your moments where you relapse and think Joan is still around." She says and I start walking again.

"She is always around." I say and look around a bit.

"Violet?" She asked and I chuckled a bit.

"She haunts me, everywhere I go, she's there, sometimes I can see her sometimes she's just in the corner or my eye, Mary and Tenn. are there too, they haunt me, they always haunt me, and it makes me fucking crazy." I tell her as I turn to look at her.

"And let me tell you Clem, it's fucking maddening, I can't sleep well enough at night, I am afraid to sleep near you half the time, for fuck sake I sometimes forget why I sleep away from you or in the bed with you, I forget who the hell I am or where the fuck I am." I tell her honestly and she stops walking as do I.

"Violet, are you ok right now?" She asked.

"I'm fine, I'm fucking fantastic Clementine, I mean.... Why the fuck are you even married to me anymore? I'm fucking crazy as hell, I'm psychotic, I'm a drunk, I forget who I am or where I am, I've killed someone in our group regardless if it was an accident, I got Christa killed and basically stole her fucking daughter from her, and then Mary ends up fucking dead, Tenn. was shot because I was lazy, I mean hahah, I am the most destructive person ever since Tenn. was killed." I tell her.

"Violet it was very traumatic-."

"Oh, but it shouldn't be, I should be use to it right? I should be fucking use to having my life being a destructive path ever since my fucking stupid grandmother shot herself, my mom wasn't there, she didn't fucking ask me how I felt about it, my dad sure as fuck didn't give a fuck about how I felt in life, Nooo he just drank and drank and fucking drank but he didn't go out looking for a job, he was a lazy ass mother fucker that didn't care for his daughter and wasted money not caring if we got evicted FROM A FUCKING TRAILOR BUT BLAMED ME FOR HIS BITCH ASS NOT GETTING A JOB!" I yelled the last part and I wanted to punch something.

"I think we should find a safe place to talk." She says and I shake my head.

"NO! I WANT TO FUCKING YELL, I DON'T CARE IF ANY LIVING PERSON HEARS OR IF THE DEAD HEAR ME, I'M PISSED I'M ALLOWED TO BE PISSED, EVERYONE NEEDS TO HEAR HOW MAD I AM!" I yelled and looked around a bit.

"Violet." I hear and then I feel hands placed on my cheek and I'm made to look at Clementine as I was seething with anger.

"Violet, calm down, take some breaths please." She says and I look at her more.

"Come on, breath in." She says and I take a deep breath.

"Ok now breath out slowly." She says and I do as told.

"Ok, again." She says and I take another deep breath and then slowly let out the breath. I kept doing this for a while and I clear my throat a bit as I look to her and nod.

"Ok, are you calmed down a bit?" She asked and I look to the side and then back to her and I nod a little.

"Just a little." I tell her.

"Look maybe we should go back." She says and I moved away.

"No, I'm not going back, fuck that place." I tell her.

"Violet, you built that home." She tells me and I look to her.

"I-."

"No, you made that place a home, you did your best to make it a home you wanted, you're just not well, and you need help." She says.

"I'm... I don't need help." I tell her.

"Yes, you do, you're going to deny it I know but Violet, you really need help." She tells me and I look to the side a bit.

"Violet it's not going to let you feel less in control." She says.

"People say they will help you, people lie about it, never helping you only wanting to drag you down, wanting to crush you because they know you're a weak person before you even know, and then they'll use that weakness against you, threatening your family, saying that you could do so much good to help others and then they use you, they use you like your fucking garbage and they don't care, they'll never give a damn about you, they only care about themselves god damn it but if you care about yourself even a little, you're a fucking bitch for life." I tell her and she looked to me.

"Violet I am not like that, I actually care about you, I never used you like that, I have been angry at you before but god I would never do that to you, you know I never would." She tells me and I look at her.

"I know, but... no I don't... no, just no." I tell her and she made me look to her.

"Violet, I don't want you feel like you can't ask me for help." She says and I nod a little.

"Alright, I will ask you if I need any help." I tell her and she nods.

"Alright, that is fine." She says and I nod. I take a breath and we walk to the truck and I get in the driver's seat as she gets in the passenger's side. I then began to drive and I look to the road a bit. I got us close to the trailer park and I stopped the truck.

"What's wrong?" She asked and I look at the wall and I rubbed my face a bit.

"I don't know." I tell her.

"What?" She asked.

"I just... don't know what I'm going to do with my life... If I can't ask for help, what am I really going to do?" I asked her.

"Take the time and talk when you feel like you need to, like I said you can talk to me when you feel like you can." She says and I nod.

"I... would like to just... I want to just go to bed." I tell her.

"Alright... do you want to sleep in our room?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yes, please." I say and she nods.

"Alright." She says and I nod as I pull up to the gate and we are let in. I drive up to our home and park the truck and then we head inside after we dropped our bags off and I head to our room. I lay in the bed for a bit and I just look to the side and out the window for a bit. I take a deep breath and I feel myself choke up a bit. Why was I feeling like this? Why did I want to cry? I don't know why the hell I feel like crying but I feel the tears go down my face and there was a sob that came out.

"Violet?" I hear and I shake my head. I didn't want to talk to anyone. I just wanted be alone.

"Violet sweetheart?" I hear and then I feel a hand on my back.

"What is going on?" I hear.

"Life... fucking life." I say and then I feel the hand move off my back and Clem sits on her side of the bed and I look at her.

"Do you want to sit up or stay laying down?" She asked.

"Laying down." I tell her and she nods. Her hand goes to my face and she wiped my tears away.

"Why... I fucking hate this, I don't want to feel like this." I tell her and I look to her.

"It just means you're human." She says to me.

"I fucking hate it, I shouldn't feel sad for people I didn't even fucking know." I tell her.

"I don't know why I feel sad for them, but I do I guess." I tell her and look at her then to the bed a bit.

"How could people do that to others? For gods sake Clem people wouldn't want that to happen to them why do it to others? Even before Walkers people did horrible things." I tell her.

"People are just horrible Violet, it's a horrible, horrible world we live in now, people would rather hurt others than work together sometimes." She says and I get up.

"It's fucking bullshit though, you would think that if the world is going to fucking end or is ending, you would and should have everyone work together, instead we have rapist, child killers, just monsters in this fucking world that would rather make a kid point a gun at someone's head and pull the trigger than do it themselves." I ranted and I take a few deep breaths and I grip my hair.

"For gods sake Clementine there were fucking kids in that damn school in Austin that had Walker bites all over them what the fuck did people do to help them? Fucking let them suffer? What sick twisted person does that?" I asked her and she looked to me.

"Just... I can't explain it Violet, I wish I could, but I don't have their mindset." She tells me and I get up and paced the room a bit.

"I just want to fucking.... Beat the fuck out of people like that." I tell her as I looked to her and I slow my breathing a bit as I tried to calm myself. I then see Joan in the corner of my eye and I get angrier. She fucked with my head, she should have suffered, I should have kicked her ass before bashing her head in with a bat, she's like those monsters, she used me as an experiment just like those monsters.

"She's here." I mutter quietly.

"What?" I hear.

"She's in my head, she's always in my head, she's like those monsters, I should have knocked that damn bitch's teeth down her throat." I say as I moved my head to look at Joan but she was still in the corner of my eye and it started to piss me off more.

"She not here." Clem says and I look to her as she looked back to me.

"She is here Clem, she's been here this entire time, listening in on my conversations, using that against me like the fucking bitch she is." I mutter.

"Violet she's not here, she's dead." She tells me as she gets in front of me.

"Bullshit, you're keeping her safe." I say as I grabbed her by her arms basically locking her.

"You're working with her; you know damn well she is here." I say getting angrier.

"Vi, stop, you know I hated her, why the hell would I keep her safe?" She asked.

"Because you wanted to hurt me too, you hated me too, don't deny it." I say to her.

"Violet-."

"Where is she?" I asked in a threatening way.

"Violet, where are you?" She asked.

"In fucking Texas, at my fucked-up childhood home, with a bitch who isn't telling me where the fuck Joan is." I say getting pissed off.

"What's going on?" I hear and the door opens and I see Minerva.

"HEY GET OFF HER!" She yelled as she came up to us and shoved me away from Clem and I glare at Minerva.

"FUCK YOU, SHE'S, MY WIFE!" I yell and she glared at me as she stood in front of Clem blocking her from my view.

"That doesn't give you the right to hurt her or do this to her." She tells me.

"She's not telling me where the hell Joan is, she knows where the bitch is." I tell Minerva.

"Violet, listen to me, Joan is dead, what caused all this to happen?" Minerva asked.

"We got to the high school, there was some very.... Questionable things that we had seen while we were there, she's having an episode that's all." Clem says.

"Fuck you bitch." I tell her.

"HEY!" Minerva yelled.

"She needs to shut her damn mouth; this is none of your business." I tell Minerva.

"You were hurting her Violet, for gods' sake you're going to end up killing her, you need serous help." She tells me.

"Oh, like I fucking killed Louis, right? That fucker was an idiot, and apparently this bitch liked him." I say getting mad and I look around for Joan but couldn't find her. I knew she was here though.

"Violet, you aren't thinking straight, you really need to relax and get a clear head." She tells me.

"I have a clear head you bitch, are you working for Joan too? You worked for Lilly." I say to her.

"And I don't anymore, Violet, you know this." She says.

"How, how do I know? You could be a fucking spy, just like everyone else." I say to her and Clem moves to the side of Minerva.

"Violet no one here is a spy, no one here is going to hurt you, we want to help you, we love you and we care for you." She says and I glare at her.

"She's right, Vi, think about it please, can you take a seat on the bed?" Minerva asked and I shake my head.

"No, fuck no, I'm not letting my guard down." I tell her.

"Ok, ok, just-."

"NO! I am not taking any orders from you, I am not a child, I am not anyone's bitch." I tell her.

"You aren't a child, we never said you were sweetheart." She tells me.

"STOP CALLING ME THAT!" I yelled.

"Ok, Ok I won't call you that anymore." She says and I see Joan again so I grabbed my knife from my side and I glare at the woman.

"Having another emotional breakdown, you were always weak, so easy to break." Joan says and I look to her more.

"You cry for people you don't know about, such a child." She says to me and I shake my head and I look to Clem as she looked at me. She looked worried and I look back to Joan.

"Violet, put the knife away." Clem says and I look at her and I shake my head.

"I'm going to get Ruby." Minerva says and I point my knife at her.

"You ain't going anywhere, you aren't bringing any more people in here, I'm not going to be surrounded by anyone." I tell her and she nods a bit.

"Ok, ok, I won't but we really need you to put the knife down." She says to me.

"Violet, I need you to put the knife down, you don't want to hurt us, do you?" She asked.

"Not you, Joan, she's here, right behind you." I tell her and she turned and then looked back to me.

"Violet, she isn't here, you know this." She tells me and I shake my head.

"She's here." I tell them and then I hear something crash outside so I turned my head and then my arm is grabbed and I'm dragged to the ground.

"GET OFF ME!" I yelled as I tried to cut Minerva but she was able to take the knife out of my grip. I tried to get up but Clem kept me pinned to the ground so I was thrashing in place.

"Violet please calm down, Minerva get something." Clem tells her and I watch as Minerva leaves and I was about to punch Clementine but she grabbed my arm.

"Let me go." I tell her.

"No, you need some help, serous help, and I don't know what to do but restrain you right now." She tells me and tried to get her off of me and I glare at her.

"Clem get the fuck off me, GET OFF!" I yelled and tried to throw her off.

"NO!" She yelled.

"Get off, get the fuck off, I hate this, get off me now." I tell her quickly but she put my hand to the ground.

"I know you don't like this, and I'm sorry but it's all I can do right now." She says and then the door opens and I see Minerva as she gets down to me and then shoved something in my mouth and covered my mouth with her hand.

"You bite me and you're in trouble." She says and I glare at her.

"Swallow it." She says and I shake my head.

"Swallow the damn pill." She says and I tried to move my arm but couldn't. I then see Joan behind her as she looked down at me with a smirk. She then leaned down to the side of my head and I look away a bit.

"Can't get me out of your head? That's sweet that you'll never forget me." She says and I look back to her.

"Violet just swallows the damn pill." Clem says and I shake my head again.

"Come on it's got to taste bad, swallow it and you won't be having that bad taste anymore." She says.

"Fucking hell." Minerva says and she moved her hand a bit and I end up biting her hand.

"GOD DAMN IT!" She says as she moved her hand and I spit the pill out.

"She bit me." She says and I laughed.

"Ha serves you right bitch." I say and she glared at me.

"Do you have another?" I hear Clem ask and I glared at her and tried to shove her off me but Minerva held me down too.

"Get off or I'll fucking bite you again." I tell them.

"Yeah well, until you take the pill we aren't getting off." She says and I see Joan on the side as she smirked at me.

"Will she go away?" I asked and I looked to Clem.

"Yes, yes she will go away if you take this." Clem tells me and I look to Minerva as she looked to me.

"Ok... if she goes away ok." I mutter and they put the pill in my mouth and swallowed it.

"It's going to take a bit for it to work ok, so we're going to stay like this for a bit until you pass out, ok?" She asked and I nod at this. I look to the ceiling a bit and I feel the tears go down my face.

"I hate this, I fucking hate this." I cried.

"I know sweetie I know; it'll be over soon ok." She tells me and I nod. I don't know how long we had been like this but I ended up drifting to sleep. It wasn't long till I was woken up by a slight movement on my shoulder. I open my eye slightly and then I look to see Clem as she looked to me.

"Hey." I say to her.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

".... High." I mutter and she nods.

"Can you believe that Ruby made Weed based pills?" She asked and I chuckled.

"How?" I asked and she looked to me.

"I don't ask, and I won't." She says and I sighed.

"Damn." I mutter.

"But she did say... if you want Omar could make some edibles for you." She says and I look at her.

"Really?" I asked.

"As long as you are careful... and if you feel like you're going to have a bad trip you have to have one of us around." She tells me and I look to the door a bit then to her.

"My arms feel heavy." I mutter.

"Don't you mean arm?" She asked and I laughed a bit.

"Nah, arms." I laughed and tried to move my arm and I did but it felt heavy.

"Hmm, this feels... nice." I mutter and I look to Clem.

"You sure?" She asked and I nod.

"But... like... eh." I mutter and tried to think.

"Well, I'm going to get you something to eat." She says and I watch as she gets up and I move as well.

"I want to come." I say as I get up fully.

"Are you sure?" She asked and I nod.

"Yeah just... need a second." I mutter a bit and I get off the bed and I tilted a bit as if I had a few beers but I know I didn't.

"Take it slow." She says as she placed her hand to my chest and back to keep me steady and I nod.

"Sorry never been... like this." I say.

"I know, come on let's take it slow." She says and I nod as we walk out the room then head to the front door and place my hand on the handle to the door.

"You, ok?" She asked and I nod.

"Just... wobbly." I say and then laughed and she laughed a bit too.

"You should really try some Clem." I tell her.

"Maybe later but right now I need to be sober to help you." She says and I nod as we head out the others.

"Hey how are you?" Minerva asked and I look at her.

"Good... very... relaxed." I say and take a seat on the ground.

"That's not a chair." Delilah says and I nod.

"I know, I like the ground right now." I tell her and she shows me her drawings.

"And this one, is Dad and Mom." She says and I nod.

"Everything good over here?" I hear and see Liz and wave.

"Yeah, everything is fine Liz." I tell her.

"Foods ready." Omar says and I just looked at Delilah as she was showing me how she draws a flower. I felt like drawing too so she gave me a piece of paper and a spare pencil. I began to draw as well as everyone else talked to each other. I drowned out their conversations but Delilah goes to get some food and I went back to my drawing.

"Vi want some food?" Minerva asked and I shake my head and draw more.

"Nah." I mutter.

"What about a snack?" Clem asked and I shake my head as I draw more.

"I think you should eat." Ruby says and I look at her.

"Ok." I say and Clementine handed me a homemade granola bar and I take it and eat as I draw.

"She'll listen to you but not me? you picking favorites?" Clem asked and I look at her.

"Nah, she is a doctor, you're my wife." I tell her and ate some more.

"Well, I learned that the wife is always right and that you should listen to her." Aasim says and I wave him off.

"At least you're calm." I hear and I nod a bit as I draw some more. I ignored them for a while but I started to get bored with the drawing and I look up to see Clem looking at me and I smile a bit at her.

"You're, ok?" She asked and I nod.

"Yeah, totally fine, I'm calm and stuff." I say and she takes a seat next to me.

"Nice drawing." She says and I nod.

"Want to draw?" I asked and she shakes her head.

"No, you can keep drawing." She says and I shrugged.

"So, what are we going to do today?" I hear AJ ask and I look at him.

"Well, we really don't have anything to do today, except water the plants but that's about it." Omar says and I go back to my drawing. I clench the pencil a bit and tapped it to the paper as everyone talked. I feel a bit agitated and I don't know why, people being around was starting to bother me, and I just wanted to get up and start walking. So that's what I did. I got up and just started to walk to the gate and then turned and walked the path of the wall.

"Violet you good?" I hear.

"Yeah, stop asking please." I tell them and I get no response and I nod as I keep walking. I must have been walking the wall for a good wile I was able to just walk it six times before I hear someone come next to me and it was Liz, Aasim Junior, and Delilah.

"Can we walk with you?" Delilah asked as I kept walking with them following.

"I guess." I say and they follow me.

"Got to check the walls captain." I hear Aasim Junior say and I look to him as he and his sister looked to the wall and I looked to Liz who was also looking at the wall.

"Secured here, off to the next section." Liz says and they run ahead of me and I couldn't help but smile, and then I laughed. Why did I think this was so funny?

"Seems General is happy." I hear and I go up to them.

"You sure that wall is secured captains?" I asked them and they run back to the section of the wall and I followed them.

"Looks secure to me." Liz says and I see a broken portion of the wall and I bend down and look at it.

"Nope, need to get some more concreate and patch this back up." I say and point to the broken part of the wall.

"But it's not that big." Aasim Junior says and I look to them.

"Just because it's not big doesn't mean it's not important, it can become a bigger problem in the future." I tell them.

"So, we fix it now?" Delilah asked and I think.

"We need to find some concreate, maybe there is some in the shed, but before we do that we should look to see if there are anymore problems with the wall, that way I can make sure we have enough." I explained to them and they nod as they hurry to look for any other damages to the wall. I follow them and help point out any problems that we need to fix, I didn't realize there was many issues and I start to blame myself. The school walls lasted for so long but mine didn't, I didn't make it perfect, or safe enough for everyone here.

"Are you ok?" I hear and I look to see AJ and I nod as I look back to the secret hole AJ had found a while back.

"Need to fix the wall." I mutter.

"Well least we have you to help us." He says and I look to my hand.

"But the wall shouldn't be like this, it should have lasted longer than this." I tell him and I look up to see him looking at the secret passage.

"Walls break all the time Violet." He says and I shake my head.

"The wall isn't even that old AJ." I tell him and he looked at me.

"So? The fact that this wall even exists is amazing, with all the Walkers around coming onto the property when we were building it, the fact that it's not badly damaged is amazing to me." He says and I take a breath.

"And it's concrete not like the wooden or metal walls people make these days." He says and then taps his fist to the wall and I keep watching him.

"Sturdy as all hell, and fuck you were just a teen working on this, while taking care of a kid and your injured wife, keeping us safe and teaching me how to build the wall, or teaching me anything... you should know you're an amazing person Violet." He tells me and I look to him and feel the tears run down my face.

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

7.3K 323 24
Clementine has been through hell and back. Some nights it feels like she can't continue on. Luke decides that she needs someone her own age around. W...
9.8K 280 30
Clementine starts a new life in a new town. After the trauma in her home town in Macon, Georgia she moves to a small town in West Virginia. She never...
19K 603 31
Clementine never realized she had an interest in girls until she found herself fantasizing about the blonde whom she's around everyday. When the bond...
14.3K 794 53
Violet struggles with her life at home as she slowly descends into silence. Feeling that no one understands and unable to vice her emotions she resor...