HERNAN AND GABRIELA BOOK 2

By Graceguya1

This is a continuation ( book 2) of my re-writing of the Grimm's fairytale, Hansel and Gretel as a Telenovela... More

CHAPTER 61
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 66
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
CHAPTER 71
CHAPTER 72
CHAPTER 73
CHAPTER 74
CHAPTER 75
CHAPTER 76
CHAPTER 77
CHAPTER 78
CHAPTER 79
CHAPTER 80
CHAPTER 81
CHAPTER 82
CHAPTER 83
CHAPTER 84
CHAPTER 85
CHAPTER 86
CHAPTER 87
CHAPTER 88
CHAPTER 89
CHAPTER 90
CHAPTER 91
CHAPTER 92
CHAPTER 93
CHAPTER 94
CHAPTER 95
CHAPTER 96
CHAPTER 97
CHAPTER 98
CHAPTER 99
CHAPTER 100
CHAPTER 101
CHAPTER 102
CHAPTER 103
CHAPTER 104
CHAPTER 105
CHAPTER 106
CHAPTER 107
CHAPTER 108
CHAPTER 109
CHAPTER 111
CHAPTER 112
CHAPTER 113
CHAPTER 114
CHAPTER 115
CHAPTER 116
CHAPTER 117
CHAPTER 118
CHAPTER 119
CHAPTER 120

CHAPTER 110

1 0 0
By Graceguya1

Back at Antonio and Gina's house,

Antonio is in the sitting room, on the couch and he is using his laptop. Gina comes into the room, and he ignores her. He doesn't even look up at her. Gina asks him to please listen to her. He pauses for a second and looks up at her, then goes back to his laptop. Gina folds her arms. She says that she knows that he is angry at her because she didn't tell him about Horacio threatening her but they need to talk and sort things out. Antonio puts his laptop aside and walks the short distance towards her.

He tells her that it does bother him too much that she didn't tell him about Horacio's threats. He says that what bothers him most is that she gave him up to save a stranger. Gina looks up at him and says that Horacio and his friends were evil and if they killed Emma, killing again wouldn't be a problem. Antonio says that while that was true, she should have gone to the police because John isn't her problem. Gina says to herself that if she had, done that her identity and that of her brother and father would have come to light.

She adds to herself that there is no telling what evil Helena and Carlos would have done to her father in his delicate mental state. She adds that they might have interfered with his treatment. Antonio holds one, of Gina's arms and she looks up at him. He asks her if she has been completely honest with him. Gina says she has. She adds that she simply wants to help John because she feels sorry for him. Antonio let's go of Gina. He tells her that the more time passes the less credible her story looks.

Back at the hospital,

Marianna is being rushed, to the emergency room on a stretcher. Meanwhile, Alejandro tries to call her. The phone rings and rings but it's not picked up. Alejandro says that she is probably at Martin's place. He adds that he won't lose one of his women to an Ortiz.

Shortly after, at the hospital,

Marianna is in the ICU. Two nurses go through her things, looking for a form of identification on Marianna. The paper bags just had her shopping. One of the nurses says if she carried her wallet and phone, they are most likely in her pocket. She gets out Marianna's phone but, the battery is finished. Her colleague says that they will just charge it later and then call her friends or family.

The next day on Thursday,

Hector and Adrianna have dropped the girls in their preschool. They are about to drive off when Hector receives a call. It is from Marianna. He frowns and ignores it. Adrianna says that she can tell from his reaction that it is Marianna. Hector says that it is. He adds that now that they have Dianna, they have no more reason to be in constant contact with either Marianna or Alejandro. Adrianna says that they do need to keep Marianna at arm's length, but she is still Dianna's mother and they need to be as cordial as possible.

She adds that if Marianna becomes unbearable they can always end the call. Hector is still unsure. Adrianna says that they can't give her ammunition if she decides to fight for the custody of Dianna. She adds that Alejandro is another complicated case altogether. Hector relents but says that he won't talk to Marianna. He then gives Adrianna his phone. Adrianna dials Marianna's number and asks her how they can help her. The person on the other side apologizes and says that she isn't Marianna Peralta. Adrianna asks them what they are doing with Marianna's phone.

The other person says that they found the phone and called Hector's number after choosing a random number on Marianna's speed dial. She then asks if Hector is nearby. Adrianna says he is and gives him the phone. Hector is confused but takes the phone. He asks the person why she has Marianna's phone. She says that Marianna was brought in critical condition after being hit by stray bullets in a shootout. Hector is shocked.

Elsewhere at the mental hospital,

John is in his room. He is feeling unwell. In fact, he had been unwell for days. The doctor is running some tests on him. John looks at Dr. Alves and asks him if he is going crazy again. Dr. Alves tells him that he isn't and that he will be fine soon. John tells the doctor not to lie to him and to admit that he is going crazy. The doctor says that the stress and frustration of not having closure on his two eldest children because they have been missing without a trace for years is causing him to feel unwell.

John asks if he will relapse. He adds that he has a lot of reasons to fight and get better and he has to protect Aranza from her mother. The doctor says that he understands and that's why he wants him to relax otherwise that minor episode, would get more serious. John takes a deep breath. He says to himself that he has to protect Aranza.

Back with Hector and Adrianna,

Adrianna looks at Hector and asks him what's wrong. Hector hadn't said a word since he ended the call from the hospital. He looks at her and says that it was a call from the hospital. He then runs his hand through his hair. Adrianna asks him what they wanted. Hector says that Marianna was hit by stray bullets in a shoot-out between police and criminals yesterday and is in intensive care.

Adrianna is shocked. Hector looks at her then says that he knows that Marianna isn't a good person and has hurt them a lot but, she is seriously injured and they need to help her as much as they can. Adrianna says that it won't be a problem. Hector adds that given that he is still married to her, he has to take care of it all. Adrianna agrees that he should. Hector says that despite what has happened, he doesn't wish death on Marianna. Adrianna says that she doesn't either.

Sometime later, at Isabella's house,

She is there with Alejandro and Horacio. Isabella is worried about Marianna not picking up her phone, since the previous day. Horacio says that there was a shootout between police and criminals, so if she had stepped out maybe she was caught up in it. Isabella says that maybe she was caught up in the drama, but many people were as well, and they aren't unreachable. She adds that what they need to do is to find out if Martin has anything to do with it.

Shortly after,

Gina is at work when she receives a call. Seeing that it is Dr. Alves, she sighs. She tells herself that she hopes that nothing bad has happened. She then picks up the phone. The Dr. says that he would like to talk to either her, her cousin or aunt. Gina begins to panic. A doctor calling to ask for a meeting so early is not a good sign. Gina asks him why. Dr. Alves replies that he would like to talk to them about John's health.

Gina gets even more alarmed. She asks the Dr. if John is fine. Dr. Alves says for the moment he is. Gina asks the Dr. what exactly he means by for the moment. Dr. Alves says that he is a bit unwell and the uncertainty of not knowing what happened to the twins might cause a relapse. Gina asks him how severe that might be. Dr. Alves says that for the time being that was unclear.

Elsewhere,

Hector has just arrived at the hospital where Marianna was. He gives her full names and asks about her condition. They ask him if he is her family. Hector says that more or less. The nurse says that they cannot allow him in or tell him anything about her if he isn't family to her. Hector says that they are separated. He adds that she has a close group of friends but no known family.

Shortly after, at Montes De Alba Inc.,

Gina sees a call. It is Adrianna. Adrianna asks her if she had talked to Hector that day. Gina says that she hadn't. She then asks Adrianna if anything had happened. Adrianna says that Marianna got injured by stray bullets, in a shootout between police and criminals. Gina is shocked. She asks Adrianna how Marianna is. Adrianna says that Marianna is in ICU and things don't seem good. Gina asks Adrianna where Hector is. Adrianna tells her that she and Hector are still in the hospital.

Meanwhile, back at the hospital,

A doctor comes out and Hector asks him how Marianna is doing. The doctor, with a serious face, says that Marianna's condition is very serious. He adds that she has internal injuries and bleeding, both in one hand and near the stomach. He says that the bullet was very close to puncturing her stomach. He tells Hector that it is a miracle that she is alive because of the severity of the injuries and how much blood she has lost.

Back in the small town,

The investigator is in his hotel room. It is nothing fancy. It is small and modest. He is sitting at his desk. It is a big wooden chair near a simple wooden table. His laptop is on and there is a stack of files neatly arranged. He says that he has to finish going through all the cases of missing children from the area, during the time Hector and Gina were eight because there is no way they could have dropped out of nowhere.

Sometime later,

Adrianna, Gina, and Aranza are at the cafeteria having lunch. By now the news about Marianna had spread. Aranza says that Hector is being far too nice to Marianna after, everything she has done. Adrianna says at this point, none of that matters because Marianna is seriously injured. Aranza says that it is called justice and that Marianna is just getting what she deserves. Gina looks at Aranza like she is crazy. Aranza shrugs. Adrianna says that it isn't their place to carry out justice on Marianna or wish death on her. Gina agrees but Aranza insists otherwise.

Meanwhile,

Back at the hospital, Hector is sipping a cup of coffee, when Alejandro, Isabella, and Horacio come in. Alejandro gives him dagger eyes. Without exchanging pleasantries, Alejandro asks Hector where Marianna is. Hector says that she is in ICU. Horacio says that it is very hypocritical of him to be there when he is secretly celebrating. Hector looks at Alejandro like he is crazy and asks him what he is talking about.

Isabella says it is simple, he wants to get rid of Marianna by any means so that he can be with Adrianna. Hector takes a deep breath; they were getting on his nerves. He stands up and looks at all three of them with dagger eyes. He says that despite everything that the four of them have done, he doesn't wish death on Marianna. Alejandro looks at Hector and says that he is such a hypocrite, playing the caring husband. Hector says that unlike them he isn't heartless or a killer.

Back at Montes De Alba Inc.,

Gina has just told Aranza and Adrianna, about John's health. Aranza is worried. She asks Gina if he will get worse. Gina says that it remains unclear. Adrianna looks at Aranza and says that she must really love him. Aranza says that he is like the father she never had. Gina says to herself that if only she (Aranza) knew that he was their father. She adds still to herself that things are getting more complicated. Adrianna comforts her little cousin.

Back at the hospital,

There is silence and the air is thick with tension. Just then the doctor comes out and they all look at him. Alejandro asks him how she is. The doctor says that she is still very delicate and is still in a coma. Hector asks the doctor when she is likely to wake up. The doctor says that it is unclear but they will be monitoring her throughout the night.

Back at Montes De Alba Inc.,

Gina calls her aunt, Anna Patricia. She tells Anna Patricia about her father. Anna Patricia is worried, not only because of the twins and Aranza but because of John (Gabriel). She could no longer deny it to herself but she was in love with him. More than that, he had worked so hard to recover and regain everything. Anna Patricia tells Gina to relax. She adds that they will all be there to support her father and make sure that he continues getting better.

Back at the hospital,

Alejandro, Isabella, and Horacio are in the cafeteria. Horacio asks Alejandro about the investigations. He adds that it is taking a bit of time. Isabella agrees. Alejandro tells them to be patient. He says that tracing Hector and Gina's origins isn't easy. Isabella says that it seems like they dropped out of the sky or they were stolen. Both Alejandro and Horacio look at her like she is crazy.

Isabella says that would be a possible explanation of why they cannot trace where Hector and Gina came from. Alejandro says that Hector and Gina were eight when they came to live with the Ortiz family, and they were old enough to remember anything of that sort. Isabella says that maybe the part of them being eight was a lie, or something else, but she is sure something is up and Hector and Gina are at the center of it.

Elsewhere at the hospital,

Clara and Ramon have arrived at the hospital, and are with Hector. They ask him how Marianna is doing and he tells them. Ramon then asks him if her friends are there. Hector says that they are and they are in the cafeteria. He then tells them that they accused him, of being happy about Marianna being so seriously injured. Hector says that despite everything Marianna and her friends did he doesn't wish death on her. Clara hugs him and says that he is her grandchild and she knows that he is a good person.

Ramon adds that he should continue doing what's good and maybe that will be enough. Hector looks at him confused. Calling him grandfather he says that he doesn't understand. Ramon says that with age he has learnt to be a better judge of character. He says that while he cannot speak much for Alejandro, Horacio and Isabella, he can tell that Marianna is not as bad as her friends. He says that her choice of friends is, however, questionable, and her actions are deplorable as well but if they can help her and maybe break up their group that would be good.

Clara glares at her husband then looks at Hector. She tells Ramon not to rope Hector into any crazy plans. Hector smiles at his grandparents. Internally he says that his grandfather has a point. He says that he has to try and help Marianna and find some evidence. Clara tells Hector not to do anything stupid. Hector puts on an innocent face and says that she knows that out of all her grandchildren he is the best behaved and he is also her favorite. He then hugs her and she smiles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 148 24
"She is the future kings Mate and she is to endure much pain before making him fall Inlove with her, She was Going to fight with her sister due to t...
17.3K 452 29
Book 2 of The Adeline Series after a while of silence. It was just us beneath the billions of stars, then Tom pointed his hand to a bright shining s...
90.4K 2.4K 64
Book I: Drowning in the Pain (completed) Book II: Silence of the Omertà (ongoing) -------------------------- Family as defined in Lilo and Stitch is...
77.6K 1.7K 21
Six months, it's been six months since Ben's coronation and since the Royal four and the Isle four discovered the prophecy the VK's and the AK's are...