Sycamore Tree {Complete}

بواسطة rainbowkiller0

The Queen is dead and her best friend is angry. Elowen Redfort, Queen Aemma's Lady-in-waiting and close... المزيد

Part One
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Part Two
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Part Three
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Part Four
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Epilogue

Chapter Fifteen

4.4K 137 5
بواسطة rainbowkiller0

The white skirt of her dress trailed behind her as Elowen stepped out of the wheelhouse. Nerves bubbled in her stomach contradicting the calmness she felt in her chest. Her life was about to change forever and Elowen didn't know if she was completely ready. She was happy to stay in King's Landing and that she was finally able to marry for love, but Elowen worried that Rhaenyra would attempt to distance herself from her again. Elowen didn't know what she would do if Rhaenyra ever hated her.

"Are you ready?" A voice to Elowen's left spoke, snapping the soon-to-be Queen from her thoughts.

Ser Uther had cleaned up nicely for his niece's wedding. Elmar had forced him to trim his beard and hair, saying the older man looked like a member of the savage clans they fought against. His chainmail and thick leather armor had been traded for a light gray doublet with silver embroidery and black cotton pants tucked into shining black boots.

He stepped closer to Elowen, taking care not to step on the hem of her skirts. He wrapped their House's cloak around her shoulders, smoothing the fabric out so not a single wrinkle could be seen.

"You are beautiful, little raven," Uther spoke, pressing a kiss to Elowen's cheek. "It gladdens me to see you so happy, I know this life will be a good one for you."

"Thank you, Uncle." Elowen took a deep breath, straightening her shoulders as she turned to the door. "Will you escort me?"

Uther's dark brown eyes twinkled at the request. "It would be my honor." He whispered, holding his arm out for her to take.

With a creak the doors opened, Elowen could hear the crowd within quiet down as she came into view. The Lords and Ladies all stood as she entered, eyes sharp as they judged their new Queen. Through the sea of people hazel eyes met ones of lavender. Matching smiles spread across their faces as they both saw their love for the first time in their new lives. Viserys met his betrothed at the bottom of the platform between the stone statues of the Mother and Father. Lifting her hand to his lips before escorting her to the High Septon.

Once the couple were in place, the elderly man began. "The love of the Seven is holy and eternal. The source of life and love. We stand here tonight in thanks and praise to join two souls as one.Father, Mother, Warrior, Smith, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. Hear now their vows."

"I am yours and you are mine from this day until the end of my days, from this day until my last day" Viserys stared into the hazel eyes of his friend and just knew all would be alright with her by his side.

"I am yours and you are mine from this day until the end of my days, from this day until my last day." Elowen repeated, her heart felt full to the brim with adoration for Viserys.

Continuing the ceremony the Septon turned to Viserys. "You may now cloak the bride to give her your protection in the eyes of the people and the gods: the Maiden, the Warrior, the Mother, the Crone, the Father, the Smith and the Stranger."

With this Viserys reached forward and removed House Corbray's cloak from Elowen's shoulders. Handing it off to a nearby attendant, Viserys took a black cloak with a red three headed dragon breathing fire and wrapped it around Elowen. He smoothed the edges over her shoulders before running his hands down her arms and grasping her hands.

"We stand here in the sight of gods and men to witness the union of man and wife: one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever," The Septon spoke as he wrapped a silk ribbon around Elowen and Viserys's conjoined hands."Let it be known that King Viserys of House Targaryen and Lady Elowen of House Corbray are one heart, one flesh, one soul. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. In the sight of the Seven, I hereby seal these two souls, binding them as one for eternity. Look upon one another and say the words."

"I am hers and she is mine. From this day, until the end of my days," Viserys spoke, stepping forward.

"I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." Elowen said, taking a step closer.

"With this kiss, I pledge my love," Viserys whispered, leaning forward. Elowen's eyes fluttered shut as Viserys' lips met hers in a sweet kiss. One of her hands left his, cupping the side of his face. Her thumb stroked his cheek as the two parted, and Viserys pressed his forehead against hers.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you." Elowen repeated, her cheeks aching from smiling so much.

★・・・・・・★

Cheers filled the Great Hall as the Noble houses of Westeros celebrated and welcomed their new Queen. Lively music played as the people danced and dined on the fine food set out. The Royal family sat at a table in front of the Iron Throne, Viserys sat directly in front of his throne with Elowen to his right. The chair to his left had been left empty as Rhaenyra danced in the crowd.

"Is it strange that I cannot believe we are wed?" Elowen leaned into Viserys's side as she spoke, laying a hand on his forearm.

"No," The King turned to face his new wife and Queen, lifting her hand and pressing a kiss to her knuckles. "The whole day feels as if it has passed in an instant."

"We shall have a whole lifetime together to make up for it."

Lavender eyes trailed from hazel to the golden crown resting upon a head of brunette locks. "You look breathtaking in my grandmother's crown, will you continue to wear it?"

"If it would please you, Your Grace." Elowen grinned, leaning forward to press a kiss to Viserys's lips.

A cough broke the newly married couple out of their spell, causing them to part as they turned to face the crowd. Lord Baldric Corbray stood before the Royal table, his face stern and impassive.

Elowen's father had changed in the decade since she had last seen him at her wedding to Lord Redfort and the years had not been kind to him. Once a winning tourney knight and a handsome lord, the man's hair was now a ring of gray from one temple to the other and he walked with a cane, hunched over as he looked up to where his daughter and her new husband sat.

"My dear daughter," Elowen's smile fell as the unfamiliar pet name. "It was such a surprise to hear of your husband's death and then learn of your betrothal to the King so soon after. Your mother had been looking forward to your return."

"Where is mother?" Elowen asked, her eyes flitting around the room for someone who resembled the mother she remembered. "Has she come?"

"She could not attend, unfortunately. Her heart has been weak for some time. Though you would know this if you wrote."

"I did write," The brunette's hand clenched in frustration where it sat hidden under the table in her lap. "It is not my fault if no one returned my letters."

Lord Baldric merely dismissed his daughter's defense with a wave of his hand. "This is not why I came to you. Come walk with me, I have matters I wish to discuss with you."

"And we must discuss them on my wedding night, I wish to spend time with my husband."

"It is alright, Elowen." Viserys spoke, placing his hand on his wife's clenched fist in an effort to calm her. "Lord Baldric, it is ill-mannered to interrupt the couple during their wedding feast, is it not?"

"Yes, Your Grace," Lord Redfort stuttered out. "I merely wished to speak to my daughter who I have not seen in some time?"

"I would not consider nearly two decades some time." Viserys's eyes were sharp as he stared down the Lord of Heart's Home.

Elowen's hand turned Viserys's over, rubbing her thumb over his palm in calming circles. "It is alright, Viserys. I shall speak to my father."

"If you are sure." Viserys turned to his wife, concern clear in his lavender gaze.

The bride nodded, smiling at her husband as she stood up. Father and Daughter walked along the edge of the dance floor, until Baldric stopped near a pillar against the eastern wall. Inky darkness filled the window panes as tiny dots of light sparkled in the sky.

"What is it you wished to say father?" Elowen asked, turning from the window to meet her father's eyes. It felt strange to not have to look up at Lord Baldric, he had seemed so imposing back then, but now he was nothing more than a pitiful man wanting for more than he was worth.

"As I'm sure you know, I have not always been the best father, but I wish for you to know I am proud of you."

"Proud of me?" Elowen's voice cracked with emotions she could not name nor describe. She could not remember a single time in her life where her father had said he was proud of her.

"Yes Elowen," Lord Redfort spoke, hobbling closer to his daughter and grasping her shoulder with a bony hand. The old man smiled, showcasing yellowed teeth and blackened gums. His breath was hot and smelt like the alleys of Fleabottom. "You have managed to ensnare a King, Elowen. I have no idea how you have managed to do such a thing as a woman who can't even perform her wifely duties and produce a heir-"

"What?" Elowen interrupted her father, pushing his hand off of her and taking a step back. "I did not ensnare the King."

"Oh so you are saying the two of you love each other?" Lord Baldric cackled.

"Yes." Lord Redfort simply laughed at his daughter's answer.

"Be realistic, Elowen. The King merely desires a body to warm his bed, soon enough he will grow tired of you when you cannot give him an heir and he will move onto someone who can.:

Feeling the anger bubble to the surface at her father's words Elowen erupted. "How dare you speak of the King in such a way!" Heads began to turn towards the commotion, though Elowen didn't care. "He is a kind and honorable man. Something you know nothing of."

"You dare speak to me that way," Baldric hissed. His hand shot out, wrapping around Elowen's wrist in a bruising grip. "I am your father, I am owed your respect."

"I am Queen." Elowen tore her arm away, stumbling back slightly as she sound of heavy footsteps neared the two.

"Your Grace." Elowen turned to see two King's Guards with their hands resting on the hilts of their swords."

"Escort my father to his chambers," Elowen instructed. "Make sure he leaves with the sunrise."

The knights nodded, turning to the old lord. Lord Baldric didn't argue or complain, already too humiliated to cause more of a scene as he was escorted from the hall, a guard on either side of him.

★・・・・・・★

Elowen once again found herself in the King's chambers at night. However this time the room felt different. She was meant to be there, it was expected of her now. Tonight was her wedding night, they were expected to spend time together, and expected to consummate the marriage. Two servants had just left the room after undressing the royal couple, leaving Elowen in only a thin shift and Viserys in a linen undershirt and breeches.

Thick arms wrapped around Elowen's waist, pulling her back into a warm chest. Heat seeped through the thin fabric and into her bones, relaxing her muscles as She melted into Viserys's chest. The King placed sweet kisses along the bare skin of Elowen's neck as his hands traced her sides.

Elowen turned in his arms, cupping his face in her hands as she led him to her lips. Viserys's hands swept across Elowen's ribs, as he carefully directed her backwards to the marital bed. Their lips parted as the back of Elowen's knees met the bed frame.

Warm hands gripped her waist, hoisting her onto the mattress. She didn't have a moment to think as Viserys' lips meant hers again, swallowing her quiet moans as his hands pushed the hem of her shift up to her hips. Her skin burned with an unfamiliar need where he touched her. Her own hands traced over his wide shoulders to his jaw, loving the scratch of his beard against her soft skin.

He caught her hand in his own, pressing a kiss to the heel of her palm and pulling away. Elowen propped herself up on her elbows, wanting to chase after him. Viserys merely smiled at her, staring down at her with a love filled gaze.

"You are..." He paused searching for a word that could do her justice, as lavender eyes trailed over her features.

"You are too." Elowen whispered as she sat up. Her hands found his waist and pushed the linen undershirt up.

Viserys chuckled as he allowed Elowen to remove his shirt, lifting his arms to make it easier for her. As the fabric fell to the floor, Viserys leaned back down pulling her into another heated kiss. His hands gripped her shift where it had bunched up around her hips. He pulled back slightly, a question clear in his gaze.

At Elowen's nod, he slipped the chemise off of her. Greedy eyes sweeping over newly revealed flesh. She was everything he had ever dreamt of, everything he had ever desired. And she had always been just within reach. Viserys briefly considered what might have been if he had realized sooner. It wasn't unheard of for a King to take a mistress, but meeting her eyes Viserys knew that Elowen didn't deserve to be a hidden love, she deserved all of Viserys. She deserved to be adored and treasured, and he planned to do just that.

"Lovely," He whispered. "You are lovely. Inside and out."

Elowen merely smiled, wrapping her arms around Viserys's neck and pulling him down with her so he hovered over her on the mattress. Her legs wrapped around his hips, and Viserys could feel the heat radiating from between her thighs. His lips met hers once more as one of his hands pushed at the waist of his breeches, shoving the fabric down his legs. One hand held her hip stroking the flesh where her thigh and hip met, as he pushed into her. He wished to truly live their wedding vows and become one.

AN: So I wrote smut (?!?) wasn't supposed to it kinda just happened. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone somewhat so please give me you honest opinions 

-ELE

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

16.6K 516 12
King Viserys Targaryen and Queen Aemma Arryn are expecting another child - possibly a new heir to the Iron Throne. After all, after the birth of two...
6.8K 333 33
In a world where The North stayed an independent kingdom after the Targaryen conquerors took the rest of Westeros, the Northern kingdom is in shamble...
10K 351 10
A Princess who never had to wear a crown to prove her reign. Rhaella Targaryen, daughter of the Conciliator and the Good Queen. Wife of the Brave Pri...
19.4K 610 22
Elaena Velaryon was the future heir of the Iron Throne, Rhaenyra's firstborn. Her tongue was as sharp as her sword and her will resembled that of ste...