Love Beyond Time | Jikook Sto...

By idlesunflower

in which Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook's children accidentally travel to the past, and are forced to play the... More

・゚✧ prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
epilogue ✧・゚

chapter 4

484 30 0
By idlesunflower

Jungkook sat on the couch of the Frontline lounge, tapping his head frustratedly. Why had he got angry at Lisa? He brought his knees to his chest, watching the new Avengers movie on the TV. He felt the couch sink next to him and smiled when he saw that it was Jimin. Jimin was wearing a slightly sheer white shirt and black trousers, with simple makeup. Jungkook's heart seemed to beat a little faster with the sight, Jimin's clear skin seemingly shining.

"Hey." Jimin said, flashing Jungkook a smile.

"Are you going out?" Jungkook asked, realizing Jimin was far too dolled up for a night at the facility.

Jimin nodded. "Yoongi hyung set me up on a blind date, but he's not here yet." Jimin looked nervous, Jungkook noted.

"Don't worry, he wouldn't miss a date with a guy like you Min." Jungkook said, smiling. Jimin laughed and raised his eyebrows, "I mean I would certainly not if my date was as gorgeous as you."

Jimin immediately blushed, finding the ground interesting to look at. Whatever, it was probably just a genuine compliment. "Thanks Kook."

"Any time." Jungkook crossed his arms and caused his biceps to bulge out of his sleeves, making Jimin's heart skip a beat.

"Ah he's here, thanks for the company." Jimin said, getting up and then saying, "Is my hair okay?"

"Perfect hyung." Jungkook grinned and Jimin chuckled, leaving the room with a wave. Jungkook shook his head to get rid of the thoughts of Jimin clouding over his mind, replacing them with ideas to get Lisa back on his side. Just as he was thinking, Namjoon entered with Seokjin, both of them hand-in-hand.

"Oh, hey Jungkook." Seokjin said, smiling.

"Your much cooler boss has returned." Namjoon grinned, waving with his free hand.

"You guys are disgustingly adorable." Jungkook said, rolling his eyes. Seokjin released Namjoon's hand and said something about the bathroom, leaving the room.

"You good Joon Hyung?" Jungkook asked as Namjoon stretched his back, sitting down.

"I am unfortunately at that age where I am at risk of having arthritis." Namjoon said, grimacing.

"You're that old?" Jungkook gasped, stifling his laughter. Namjoon slapped his shoulder and responded irritably,

"Tell anyone and you can say goodbye to the brand new shield I'm making for you."

"Geez, guess we finally know who the real old man on our team is."

Namjoon glared, "Zip it."

"Okay, okay." Jungkook said and then remarked, "Hey, your new recruits are incredible by the way! They kicked ass today morning in sparring training." This caught Namjoon's attention and he arched an eyebrow, saying;

"New recruits?"

"Yeah, Jina and Jihyung. You should have told us about them earlier you know, it would have given them an easier time. I almost called security on them when they first got here."

"I don't remember meeting new recruits. The last one I interviewed was this ginger chick from Gwangju."

"Huh. But they got through my authorization, with the password and everything. You know how strict I am when it comes to that."

"Weird." Namjoon said bemusedly, "Maybe I just forgot."

"Most likely. I am beginning to worry that you have dementia or something. Are you really that old?"

"Haha. So funny."

"Wasn't a joke. Oh and make sure to check on them. You have to give them their final briefing and rework the fingerprint scanners. The poor kids have been taking the stairs all day."

"Duly noted." Namjoon said, giving him a mock salute.

___________________________________________________________________________

That evening, Jihyung approached Jina with nervous eyes, taking her away from the girl she had been speaking to in the Agents lounge.

"What's up?" Jina asked, confused.

"They're getting suspicious." Jihyung said breathlessly, adding. "I was practicing with the shield- like Dad always does- and then some agents said I look really similar to 'Captain Jeon'."

"Crap." Jina said and then muttered, "You guys do look pretty similar, has anyone else noticed?"

"Yeah, Taehyung Uncle said I reminded him of Dad, and then everyone in the room agreed way too enthusiastically."

"Ugh, well-" Jina was interrupted when she heard a knock on the door and saw their Namjoon uncle poke his head in.

"Hello. Are you guys the recruits I supposedly hired?" Namjoon said, in a tone that caused the siblings to look at each other nervously.

"Um...yes, I'm Jihyung and this is my sister Jina."

"Would you care to inform me on why there are rumors of me hiring two new recruits the day I come back from a mission? And also why you strangely look familiar to me?" Namjoon said, less icily, although he stared at them suspiciously regardless.

"Please let us explain-" Jina whispered desperately, eager to escape the questioning gaze of the rest of the agents in the room.

"Fine, follow me to my office."

The three were situated in the room minutes later, Namjoon ordering his virtual assistant Bam to make sure no one entered. He had a feeling this would be important. Namjoon placed his jacket on the back of his chair and then clapped his hands, making Jihyung snap out of his reverie.

"Alright, what do you have for me today?" Namjoon asked, his gaze flickering between the two.

"I don't really know where to start." Jihyung said, biting his lip and sighing.

"The beginning, perhaps? That would be more than ideal." Namjoon mused, sitting down.

And so they did. Jihyung went on to explain why they looked so familiar, being the children of Jeon Jungkook and Park Jimin, while Jina explained how they accidentally ended up in the past. Knowing it could possibly jeopardize the future, the siblings chose their words carefully, choosing not to include some details.

By the time they had finished, Namjoon's jaw was hanging wide open and he blinked. "So you're saying that you accidentally traveled to the past in the time machine I invented?"

They nodded, pursing their lips, begging for him to believe them.

"And you're the children of two of the greatest crimefighters in the world?" Another nod. "Woah, this is huge."

"So...you believe us?" Jina asked, feeling her heart against her chest.

Namjoon shrugged and nodded, "Sure."

The siblings glanced at each other, sharing a look of surprise. "You don't want any evidence or anything- that's it? Really?" Jihyung asked in disbelief.

"Well I am planning on building a time machine as of the moment, although no one knows about it except Bam." Namjoon grinned. "If you have some proof, I'd be delighted to hear it. Some juicy gossip for example."

Jina raised an eyebrow and then said, "That time you broke your leg for the first time was from slipping on a banana peel, not on a mission."

Namjoon shot up from his seat and his eyes widened, causing Jihyung to smile. "Did Jimin tell you? Oh, that sneaky little devil."

"And you took Seokjin Uncle on your first date to a strip club." Jihyung said, snorting with laughter.

Namjoon choked on his own saliva and then put up a hand, saying, "Geez, okay, you proved your point. You're totally Min's kids." His eyebrows knitted together and then he asked, "I have a question though."

Jina looked up and cocked her head, "Go for it Uncle."

"First off, don't call me Uncle. It makes me feel old. Secondly, how were you guys conceived, because Seokjin and I want to have kids in the future too."

Jina turned pink and Jihyung flushed red, "Out of all the things, that's what you're thinking about?" Jih asked, glaring at Namjoon.

"How are we supposed to know, we're their children, not their sex consultants." Jina snapped.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." Namjoon put up his arms in mock surrender, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, don't worry about the time machine, I already have a draft ready." Tapping on the desk, a hologram of the machine appeared in front of the siblings, mimicking almost exactly the design of the one in the lab. "Was this the one you entered?"

"Almost the exact thing. Only it's missing the buttons on this side." Jihyung said, pointing to the right edge of the machine.

"Mm, Bam you getting this?"

"Yes, Sir. I have been recording everything since you entered."

"Good." Namjon said and then looked at the siblings. "This will probably take me 2 weeks to finish, are you guys good with that?"

Jina looked uncertain, but Jihyung said, "As fast as possible, we just want to get home."

"Have you guys...you know... done anything strange over the past few days? How long have you been here?" Namjoon put on his coat and closed the hologram.

"This was technically our first day, we got here last night. And I don't think we've done anything. Although people are questioning our resemblance to Dad."

"Oh shoot, yeah, you guys have to be careful alright? We don't want to see you disappearing from any pictures."

Jihyung snorted, "It's not like they're going to hit on us or anything, they're both already taken I think."

"I don't think Appa is, but speaking of that, how are we going to fix that part?" Jina said, eyes going wide.

"Fix what?" Namjoon said cluelessly, looking at Jihyung curiously.

"Fix their relationship! We can't let Dad and Lisa separate him and Appa!" Jina said, her voice becoming louder.

"I don't know Jinnie, we're walking a thin line here." Jihyung said, "We can't afford to jeopardize the future."

"What do you think Uncle- I mean Namjoon? Is it possible that we were sent here for a reason?"

"Don't drag me into this." Namjoon said, shaking his head.

"We need an honest opinion, and considering you're the only one here...we don't really have another option."

"She might be right, Jih, although it is not the right thing to do. You know, meddling in Kook's relationship." Jih groaned and Namjoon added, "Whatever you guys are planning, just make sure you're up to face the consequences."

"Well, what's the consequence of Dad and Appa not being together, Jih?" Jina asked plainly.

"We'd disappear." Jihyung gulped, the realization finally dawning on him. Jina nodded, staring at him.

"Look, I know you don't want to do this, but if there's a possibility they won't get together, we'll cease to exist. And I personally can't imagine them not being together."

"You're right, Namjoon Uncle- will you help us?"

"I'm far from a matchmaker, and this does seem wrong on some levels...but yes. They're your parents, and so I'll help you." Namjoon gave them an assuring smile. "I'm having a party on Friday, five days from now, I'll think of something."

"Is this like a formal party?"

"Yep, gowns and tuxedos my friend." Namjoon said, scratching his head.

"And to think we forgot to bring those." Jina tsked slapping her forehead.

"Whatever, we'll go shopping at some point. In the meantime, do something about Lisa, there's no hope for a relationship when they're not single. And I'm pretty sure Min is out on a blind date, so that might become serious too."

"I have an idea...for the party. We could do a dance. And then sort of push them together, just at the right time." Jihyung said. Jina nodded approvingly,

"That could actually work, nice one Jih."

"Alright you kids get out of here, I'm going to meet Seokjin." Namjoon grinned, pushing them both towards the door. "Actually, go to bed. I'll give you some tasks for tomorrow." 

________________

the siblings are on a mission :O  please vote and comment! anything helps <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

273K 11K 48
❝ 𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧, 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ ―in which two CEOs fall in love with their secretary; but they used to bully him. © 𝐭�...
251K 11.6K 16
Jungkook and Taehyung hate eachother in high school, but soon realise their parents are friends and have to go on holiday with eachother. "Let's pla...
590 22 1
Where Jimin is being late for his work in a row for three days because of Haneul and his boss mr. Jeon is not saying anything.
19.1K 1.4K 39
In which Jimin, a poor boy with too many expectations, takes Taehyung, a rich boy with also too many expectations, go on a worldwide road trip to get...