Better This Way 2

By terasomdi

4 years of living in pain and agony over the death of her lover, Freen decides to move on with her life but w... More

Hello guys
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Final Chapter
Author's Engagement.

Chapter 28

3.7K 225 19
By terasomdi

Freen held my hand and was about to say something when a knock was heard. We looked at each other in surprise. My heart started pounding. God! Richie can't know Freen is here. What do we do now?

"Becky" I can hear Richie calling.

Freen stood up from the chair. I know she's slightly panicking. So I interlocked our hands as the door handle turned and Richie walked in.

"What the hell is she doing here?" He fumed.

"I told you I needed to sleep. Why did you come back here?" I asked ignoring his question

"You needed to sleep? Or you only wanted to get rid of us so she could sneak in?" He said angrily.

"I don't want to have this discussion with you" I said unbothered while still holding Freen's hand..

That got him so mad. He looked back at Freen while clenching his fist so hard. I still don't get why he hates her so much.

"I thought I made it clear to you earlier to stay away from Becky? Why is it so hard for you to understand that you are not good for her?" Richie said.

"Please don't say that again" I interrupted.

"Have you not done enough?" He continued.

"Becky is in this state because of you! She was unconscious for days because of you. Are you not satisfied yet!!" Richie yelled.

"Stop it Richie! I won't have you talk to her like that!!" I yelled back shutting him up.

He immediately turned to me. I know he's so shocked over my reaction. I have never yelled angrily at him like I just did now. Richie can say hurtful things to me but not to Freen. I can't stand that at all.

"What happened to you Becky? This isn't you" he said weakly.

"This has always been me and I am not going back to the Becky you lied to and manipulated for years!" I said.

Silence

"What do you mean?" He asked in shock.

I hate it when he does this. Pretending not to know a thing. I don't have any reason to doubt Freen but I have many reasons to believe my family lied to me. I mean they never clarified why they sold everything and moved to England.

Plus the few things I remembered, After the short memory of that painting, I researched about the law school and found out that I was actually undergoing a law program four years ago but they said I never did. They said I was only interested in joining the business.

"What do you mean we lied to you?" Richie asked again breaking the silence.

"I think I should go now" Freen muttered to me.

"No you are staying right here." I said and held her hand tighter.

I know she's probably uncomfortable to be here since it's a family discussion but she's part of it all. Everything is also linked to her, so she has to stay.

"Drop it already Richie. Just because I don't have my memories yet, doesn't mean I am stupid. I know what you did"

"You asshole! What lie have you told Becky!" Richie raged and came to attack Freen but I stood in the way.

"Just wait until I find out the whole truth myself. I don't need my memories to know everything that happened four years ago"

"What do you mean Becky? Can't you see who the enemy is? She's making you turn against me. She's making you turn against your family"

I was about to say something when the door opened and Jane walked in. Oh great! I rolled my eyes. I would have stayed unconscious, if I had known I would be getting this drama.

"Why are you here? Have you come to cause more harm? You really want to get Becky killed, don't you?!" Jane said in an angry tone.

"Oh shut up Jane" I muttered.

"What exactly have you done to Becky that she's like this? Huh? Answer me!" Jane continued.

"Becky I'm sorry but I have to go now" Freen said in a low tone.

I hate to admit but it's actually best that she leaves now. It's getting toxic for her and leaving is the best. These two will continue saying hurtful words to her if she stays. I nodded weakly and hugged her goodbye. Somehow it breaks my heart that she's leaving. I was hoping she would spend the night with me before these two ruined everything.

As soon as Freen left, Jane turned to me and started ranting as always. She talked about my family, her family and how disappointed they would be. What about me? Didn't they think how disappointed I would be too when I finally find out the truth? Will I ever forgive them if they actually lied to me? I know what to do. I will get to the root of this. I don't need my memories to find out the truth.

"You and I will be getting married soon, we don't need all these distractions" Jane said bringing my mind back.

"You and I are over Jane. How many times do you want me to say this?"

"You can't call it off because you are betrothed to me. It's part of the deal that I marry an Armstrong!"

"If you badly want to marry an Armstrong, why don't you get married to Richie.." I said.

"Becky!!" Richie cut me off.

"You know what? I can't take this anymore. I have had enough" Jane said and started walking out.

"Jane wait" Richie called and ran after her.

I let out a sigh and lied on the bed. Everything is playing out in my head. Starting from when I met Freen at the hospital, her reaction on the first day we saw at the program. She said something to me... She asked why I was acting as if I don't know her. She wanted to see my scar to be sure it was me.

Hold on.....

"Because I have no one. okay? The first girl I ever loved and still love died in a car accident"

Freen's voice sounded in my ear. My mind just went back to the story from the Korean drama she told...

"I am so sorry about that..."

"Plot twist... She's alive but doesn't remember me at all"

Fuck! Everything makes sense now. Turns out it wasn't a story from any drama afterall. She was talking about me! Even Kla said something very suspicious...

"My mummy said you're her wife but you died. Are you a ghost?"

I remember vividly his words that first day I met him in Freen's room. What about her family and friends' reaction when they saw me? Everything is pointing to the fact that they thought I was dead which actually means that my family truly faked my death!

It's time to visit the hospital myself. I am a little heartbroken, I don't know if I can handle the truth. What if they truly faked my death? will I ever forgive them?

...............................................................

It's been over two weeks since the whole incidence. I am happy that Becky is fine now and out of the hospital. But I am bothered. A part of me is telling me that Becky will leave me very soon. I feel like I am fighting a lost battle. Like Becky will definitely succumb to the pressure. She's still young and not strong to withstand such pressure from her family. It hurts me that our love is having many challenges and probably may not be possible in the end.

"Baby" Becky called taking me out of my thoughts.

She walked to me and wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"What's wrong baby? Did something happen?" She asked worriedly and our eyes finally met.

Should I tell her my worries? That I am becoming insecure of the situation? Becky cupped my cheeks and made me look straight into her worried eyes.

"You know you can tell me anything. What is bothering you?" She asked.

I heaved a sigh and..

"I am just worried baby. I am worried about you. About us" I finally muttered weakly.

"How do you mean?"

"I am worried that you will leave me one day. I have this feeling that you will give in to your family's demand at the end." I said and she smiled.

"Teerak...." she called in a weak tone.

"Baby I'm sorry but my insecurities are playing out. You're acting weird lately also and it's making me overthink a lot" I continued.

she was silent, just looking at me in the eyes. I feel like a nagging pregnant woman right now but I just have to say it all.

"You moved out of that hotel without telling me and rejected my offer when I asked you to stay with me" I said

"I am sorry that you feel this way baby. I didn't want to inconvenience you at all" she said.

"But you are not. I want you here. It will make me happy that you are here than staying in the hotel."

"Okay baby, I will think about it" she said smiling.

I smiled back and wrapped my arms around her. Becky drew me closer to her and kissed me passionately.

"And I don't want you to be scared. I love you a lot. And I'm not gonna stop loving you" she said after she parted our lips.

"Baby you have to promise me. That you will never leave me" I said.

She smiled and cupped my cheeks making me look straight into her beautiful eyes.

"I promise I will never leave you Teerak"

"No matter what happens. No matter the pressure. No matter what happens tomorrow. I will always be here by your side. I will love and cherish you forever."

My heart was pounding heavily when she was saying that. I can't explain how I feel right now hearing her say these sweet words to me.

"So please don't think too much about the situation" she continued.

I smiled and locked our lips again. I feel like a heavy burden was lifted off my shoulder. Reassuring me of her love means a lot to me. I closed my eyes and kissed her passionately.

"Maybe we should have our second date tonight" Becky said as she parted.

"I found this beautiful place and I have been dying to take you there" she continued.

"Really?" I exclaimed while blushing

"Go get dressed. My treat" she added.

I smiled and walked to the bedroom. After a while, I was ready and we left to the place.

It is a very beautiful garden but what Becky doesn't know is that we have been here before. I interlocked our fingers as we walked to the table. Everything here reminds me of the good old days. When there were little toxicity. When we only did nothing but to love ourselves.

I got so emotional that I hugged Becky tightly. She's slightly confused over why I am like this.

"Guess what?" I whispered in her ear.

I can hear her chuckling as she hugged me back.

"We had our first ever date here" I said and she got so shocked.

She parted us and looked at me surprisedly. She's so cute with her shocked face right now. I pinched her cheeks and nodded yes.

Our first date four years ago was here. And even though she doesn't remember, I can't forget how she sulked at me for hugging Chen. I made her sit on the chair and took out my phone.

"These pictures were taken on that day. These are the very first pictures we took together as couple. And you initiated it all" I said showing her the pictures we took on that day.

"Really?" She said weakly almost in tears as she went through the pictures.

"We were sitting right there" I pointed at the exact table we sat that day.

"We loved it here but you suddenly started sulking" I said and she laughed.

"Why?" She asked warmly with a smile on her face

"Because I hugged someone."

"Oh really? Let me guess who" she said and I looked at her. Can she guess correctly.

"Liliana?" She said and I let out a sigh.

"No baby. Not Lily. I hadn't even met her then" I said and she smiled. But why did she mention Liliana?

"Then who?" She asked curiously

"Chen"

"That explains why I never liked him.." she said.

"Beeck" I called weakly cutting her off.

"He loves touching you. I hate him" she muttered under her breath.

"I can hear you"

"I wanted you to hear that" she said.

Silence

"Tell me baby. What else did we do?" She asked curiously breaking the silence.

I smiled and started telling her everything that happened that day. I told her how we strolled through the garden and she laughed all through.

After some minutes, we were done eating. I wanted us to recreate the memories of the place. We could stroll around the garden again.

"Come" I said stretching my hand and she took it.

We started roving from one corner of the garden to the other. Becky suddenly hugged me from behind and started kissing my neck. Gosh! Why is she being naughty here?

"You make me feel amazing baby" she mumbled in my ear and I laughed.

"I just want to rip your clothes off right now." She said and my eyes widened.

"You're so naughty. Others are here, have you forgotten that?" I said smiling.

"That's why we should hurry back home, so I could do some terrible things to you" she said and nibbled my ear.

I gulped and started gasping. She's right. We should hurry back home because I want her too. She smiled naughtily and grabbed my arm as we walked out of the garden.

We were at the parking lots going to the car when a car suddenly stopped infront of us. Two men in suit came out of the car and one opened the back door for whoever that was inside to come out.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened when I saw him. My heart started skipping beats. He's in town? When did he get here? Becky immediately let go of my hand and stood in shock as she saw her dad.

After glaring at me for some minutes without saying a word, he turned to Becky.

"Get in the car" Mr Armstrong demanded.

"Dad..."

"Now Becky!!" He yelled and Becky flinched.

Becky took a quick glance at me, before going towards the car. I know how scared she probably is right now. I am also scared for her. I stood watching as they drove out of the compound.

To be continued .............

.....................

Sorry for being away for some days.. 😔

Don't forget to vote for the chapters. 🙏

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My Forever By MKM

Fanfiction

66.9K 2.4K 38
This is FreenBecky fanfiction story. Becky falls in love with her best friend, but Freen is in a relationship with a boy. English is not my native la...
4.8K 125 11
Freen and Becky met in college and started dating. A bad argument ended their relationship and caused Becky to flee to England with a secret she neve...
241K 7.4K 44
Becky who hates Freen a lot is falling for her slowly after their marriage. Let's see how Becky treats Freen and why is that Becky hates her so much?
Scratch By Wolfie

Fanfiction

303K 10.1K 53
Freen is a serious badass femme fatale who's given up on love. That is until Becky forcefully pops into her life. However, with her own skeletons, wi...