Not Just A Love Story

By _angelawrites

Lauren Campbell is a sweet, simple girl with a bubbly personality. She tries to accept her imperfections and... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
EPILOGUE
Bonus chapter

Chapter 45

4.5K 111 7
By _angelawrites

Writer's POV

"No way, we are staying here." Lauren spoke astonished looking around the cottage house which looked a bit old but still had that modern touch in their infrastructure. The cottage house was located at the outskirts of the city. 

"You said you loved mountains, so a small birthday surprise for you." Ethan spoke tucking Lauren's hair behind her ear. Today is her birthday and if he could certify some day as the best day in the whole year, it would be today.

"I love this. Thanks a lot Ethan. I could live here forever." Lauren looked like she could shed tears at any moment staring at Ethan.

"You can if you want to. This property is yours."

Lauren's eyes couldn't widen anymore at Ethan's words.

"What? I- You mean--" Lauren stuttered unable to bring the words out.

"Yes. This whole property is registered under your name. It's a small gift for your birthday."

Surprise and disbelief fought to be expressed on her face listening to Ethan. She wonders if she just fell in love with him a bit more than before. It's not just about the surprise that made her feel emotional. She remembered him asking her a question about mountains or beach once when they are playing would you rather.

No way, he asked all that questions to plan this for her birthday.

"I think I just fell in love with you all over again." She spoke the words out and kissed him while others tried giving them their privacy doing other things except staring at the kissing couple. Ryan and Eva started talking about their trips for the next year whereas Alice ignored Chris with every cell in her body while the latter glared at her for ignoring him.

Lauren stopped kissing her favorite person in the whole world when she remembered that they are not alone and rounded her eyes back to the house which is hers now avoiding Ryan's taunting smirk.

Milo went for a run around the place as soon as they arrived. He now came back and stood before Ethan with his wagging tail and looked around but stopped when his eyes fell on Eva. He gets along with everyone but takes advantage of Eva's fear of animals. Running towards Eva, Milo barked at her where she stood beside Ryan making everyone laugh. Milo really loves barking at Eva or catching her off guard. He is seriously a devil but he doesn't hate Eva or anything. He just loves playing with her differently. Milo and Eva has developed that weird friendship since she started coming to the penthouse to meet Ethan or Lauren.

Lauren looked at the whole place that looked like a castle but with cozy, homely vibes, placed among the rocky mountains filled with greenery, tall trees and a perfect view of a lake. The scenery here can take you back to the Victorian era if you dress up in a lavish ball dress.

"This place reminds me of pride and prejudice," Alice spoke standing beside Lauren and the two childhood friends started gushing about how dreamy the place is.

"Nah, Aly. Your saying would have been perfect if there were a few hens and cattle roaming here and there." Ryan spoke abandoning Eva's side for the first time since the day began and stood between Lauren and Alice.

While Lauren, Alice and Ryan talked about the pride and prejudice, Ethan and Chris looked at them as if they started speaking some foreign language they couldn't understand. Eva just stood there shaking her head with a soft smile at their banter on which version of pride and prejudice is the best.

"Who knows, I might even find my own Mr Darcy here?" Alice spoke taking a peek at Chris for a moment before averting her eyes back to the others.

"Subtitles, please." Chris gave Alice a tightlipped smile to which the latter rolled her eyes. He didn't like how Alice spoke about her own some mister. The thought of another man in Alice's s life brought disgust to his tongue.

"I already found mine." Lauren spoke looping her arm around Ethan's and pecking his lips with a smile as if she got everything she ever desired.

"Ah, stop your PDA. There are children over here." Ryan spoke spoiling Ethan's moment with his wife.

"Children who?" Ethan asked him.

"Obviously I, my girl and Aly." Ryan spoke looping his arm around Eva's back and pulling her closer.

"And what about him?" Alice asked pointing a subtle glance at Chris before going back to avoiding him again.

"Let's not talk about that old man, Aly." Ryan spoke waving Chris off while the latter glared at Ryan and Alice. His glare darkened looking at Alice.

"So, shall we go now?" Eva spoke and everyone nodded their heads at her. Alice looped her hands around Eva pushing Ryan away and pulled Lauren along with her, walking inside.

Ethan and Ryan scoffed at the way Alice pushed them away and took Lauren and Eva from them. They both stood back glaring at Alice who was talking excitedly while the other girls agreed to her every word with equal enthusiasm. At this point, Ethan and Ryan had enough of Alice's third wheeling and looked at Chris at the same time who stood behind them.

Feeling two pairs of eyes on him, Chris looked up from his phone and raised his eyebrow at the murderous glares of his friends.

'What?" 

"Handle her." Ethan spoke.

"Handle who?" Chris feigned innocence.

"You know who." This time it was Ryan.

"Voldemort?" Chris smirked at his old habit of ruffling their feathers.

"I'm surprised you know him." Ryan was genuinely surprised because Chris would rather read ten philosophy books than watch a movie. A fantasy one at that. No way!

"Everybody knows Harry Potter." Chris shrugged.

"Wow."

"Now that you know Harry Potter, don't you think it would have been better if Voldemort had a nose. The villain also needs to look pretty. And then—" Ryan started his ramble glad that he now found a new member in the Harry Potter fan club.

"Ryan. Focus." Ethan's voice was cold glaring at Ryan.

"Right. I love Aly but handle her, Chris." Ryan spoke.

"Why should I?" Chris raised his eyebrow at their audacity to demand something from him. 

"Because she is yours." Ethan gave a tightlipped smile to Chris.

"No. she isn't." Chris muttered so low that the others could faintly hear him.

"I can see that." Ryan agreed sarcastically before turning around and entering the plate immediately searching for Eva.

Damn, it's been almost five minutes since Ryan has touched Eva. He has to find her soon and probably steal a kiss before her brother sees them and nail holes in the back of his head with his deadly glares for touching his sister.

Ethan stayed silent looking at Chris who seemed to contemplate his thoughts.

"Careful, Chris. If you push Alice away, it wouldn't be long before someone else will catch her." Ethan spoke before turning around and leaving Chris with his thoughts.

*** 

Once the three girls entered the living room, Lauren looked back to see if the others are following them and thankfully they aren't. This is the best time to ask Alice the question she is dying to ask since morning.

"So, tell me." Lauren started staring at Alice and the latter frowned at her friend's question. Eva looked between them pulling her eyebrows together.

"What?" Alice asked.

"Why are you glaring at Chris? What happened between you two?" Lauren asked and Eva had an understanding look on her face before staring at Alice curiously.

Alice weighed her answer for a good minute or two before finally answering them.

"I kissed him."

Eva was shocked for a moment before composing herself while Lauren had a known smirk on her lips.

"What?" Eva asked after pulling herself from the initial shock.

"And he kind of rejected me." Alice gave an exasperated fake laugh and Lauren winced listening to Alice's dry laugh.

"No way." Lauren complained.

"Yes, he did." Alice sighed while Eva rested her head on Alice's shoulder giving her the much needed hug.

"Why?" Lauren asked softly.

"How would I know." Alice glared at Lauren while the latter shrieked under her friend's intense gaze. Lauren was afraid that her friend would turn into a dinosaur anytime if anyone pushed the wrong button.

"What is wrong with him?" Eva spoke pulling her brows together and trying to think from his point of view.

"Everything is wrong with him. I should have known better before diving all in and open up about my feelings. He hates me. I'm sure I now look like a fool in front of him" Alice spoke everything in a single breath.

"Don't give me that crap, Alice. You know that he doesn't hate you. Hell, I'm pretty sure he likes you. Why would you even think otherwise." Lauren glared at Alice.

"He pulled back when I kissed him, Lauren. You do know that it's another way of saying I don't like you enough to commit to you. Another way of saying I hate you." Alice spoke with a pout sinking down on the couch while Eva and Lauren sat on other sides of her.

"You know Chris. He thinks a hundred times before even taking a step. His every move is calculated. And your feelings are a huge surprise for him, Alice. Give him enough time and he will come back to you." Lauren tried defending Chris. From the little she knows of him, she is sure that Chris has feelings for Alice.

"He can't calculate everything, Lauren. Feelings aren't math to calculate. Is he going to analyze the pros and cons of my feelings and then accept me? I don't want that." Alice muttered under her breath barely controlling her anger.

"I know it's new for you to take a step and open up, but everything is okay, Alice." Eva spoke calmly and Lauren agreed with her.

"I don't know. Not everyone are as lucky as you two in their love lives. Do you even know how Ethan looks at you when you aren't looking? He safekeeps your every word in his heart, Lauren. And Ryan, Ryan is practically obsessed with Eva." Alice sighed and the other two glanced at each other looking at their usual cheery friend turn all dull and gloom.

"Well, to be honest, Chris really fits your weird ideal boyfriend list, Alice." Lauren spoke trying to tone down the dull mood.

"Ideal boyfriend list?" Eva asked curiously.

"Yes, she really has some wierd list, Eva." Lauren chuckled while Alice just hid her face in her hands.

"Lauren, no." Alice spoke too embarrassed.

"One...He has to be filthy rich." Lauren spoke ignoring her friend.

"Duh, check." Eva spoke deciding to be Chris' spokesperson for now.

"Two...He should have a tattoo."

"I don't know. I have never seen a tattoo on him before." Eva shrugged her shoulders and Lauren agreed with her thinking deeply.

"He does." Alice muttered hoping they wouldn't hear her but of course they did. Alice knew that information because one time she stumbled into his office while he was changing his shirt and that's when she peeked at the tattoo on his chest. 

She is really confused because a part of her wants him to fit in that list of hers but another part wants nothing to do with him anymore.

"Ooohh..." they both teased Alice with huge grins on their faces.

"Next one, He should be unromantic at heart."

"Check." Nobody has ever seen him romantic even remotely. 

"But why would you want someone unromantic." Eva asked with a frown.

"I like cold men. Too much affection annoys me." Alice shrugged while Eva and Lauren couldn't hide their judgy face anymore.

"He should have a son in his name like Jason or Mason."

"There ends his series of checks. His name is Christian." Alice spoke as soon as Lauren stopped speaking.

"His last name is Hudson, Alice. Technically... check." Eva defended Chris and Alice released a frustrated sigh.

"But what does this thing mean?" Eva asked again.

"She's a huge fan of Dwayne Johnson since long time. She loves the way his name sounds." Lauren spoke on behalf of Alice, who gave Eva a sheepish smile once Lauren finished embarassing her.

Eva looked at Alice as if she grew another head while Lauren had a proud mother expression because Chris fits the ideal list. Alice was just too embarassed to even look at them.

"I agree, you really have a weird ideal list, Alice."

***

Lauren and Ethan walked out of the house, while Milo ran in front of them towards their car. Alice trailed behind them and Chris just followed her with a safe distance between them. Alice talking to everyone else except him made Chris mad for some reason. She even maintained good relation with Ethan but not him. And he knew it was his mistake.

Eva was about to follow others but a hand gripped her wrist stopped her movements and she looked back at Ryan who pulled her towards him letting her fall in his arms.

Ah, Her in his arms. He wouldn't mind trading the whole world to be in this position forever along with her. Forever? That sounded scary but Ryan is ready to test the water if it is Eva that's along for the ride.

"What are you doing, Ryan?"

"What am I doing? Admiring my beautiful girl." he spoke tracing his fingers on her arms and Eva sucked in a deep breath at his touch. The comfort she gets with just his touch should be a crime. But who cares about the crime if the criminal is Ryan.

"They are waiting for us."

"Let them. I don't care about anything right now except you."

"You can't be serious." Eva spoke wanting to do the exact opposite of what she said.

"Why can't we?" He muttered against her lips, his scent intoxicating her.

"Ryan—" she started but didn't even know how to continue.

He placed a light kiss on her neck before pulling back to look at her face.

"Why are you so pretty?" He spoke with a soft pout on his lips and Eva chuckled at his adorable eyes and face.

"Flattery takes you nowhere, mister." Eva spoke tapping his chin with her index finger.

"It atleast brought me your beautiful smile, Miss Eva." Ryan spoke giving her one of his charming smiles and Eva laughed for a moment before tracing his face with her eyes.

"That's... nice of you." she whispered.

"What are you doing to me, Eva?" Ryan aksed staring at her as if he want to remember every freckle on her face and her each eyelash.

"I don't know. You tell me." Eva whispered back.

"Do you know what you are to me? You are the addiction that consumes me but also the meditation that liberates me."

Ryan spoke meaning every word he said and Eva blinked surprised at his words. Eva sometimes wonders if he just tells her his movie lines or something because they are kind of poetic. But she felt bad that it's always him who says things like this. Never her. Until now.

"I can't be poetic but you brings the best out of me even when I don't feel like it. You are the gravity to my thoughts that pulls me to the present and let's me live the moment without any irrationality."

Ryan was over the moon once Eva finished speaking. Eva has always been the listener while he talks for the most part. The silence between them is comfortable and he isn't complaining about it but wouldn't it be perfect if Eva speaks more about herself too. He hates that she is still holding herself back while expressing her feelings. But today,  she did. Surely, her words are not the destination, but a step that takes them somewhere and he is glad for that.

They both are busy staring at each other when Ryan's phone rang bringing them out of their dreamy land. Ryan looked down to see Ethan's name flash on his phone.

"What?" Ryan asked.

"I swear If I don't see you out in five minutes. I'll come there and kill you myself."

"No thanks, I highly doubt your sister will like that."

"She will, once she realize that I'm doing her a favour."

"What got your mood sour?"

"I don't think I can think straight when I realize my sister and my best friend are inside all alone and doing God knows what."

"Then don't think about that. Don't worry, I'll spare you the details."

Ryan smirked while Eva frowned at his words. Ethan just had enough of his friend's sarcasm at this point.

"Shut up and come out fast. We are waiting." Ethan hung up before he could listen to Ryan anymore.

"Let's go, Ryan." Eva muttered.

"Do you mind if I kill your brother?" Ryan asked trying his luck.

"I think I will, given that he is my brother and I love him." Eva smiled at him.

"Tough luck, I guess." 

"Yes."

Eva chuckled placing her lips on Ryan's giving him a soft kiss and before he could deepen the kiss, she pulled back and walked out laughing at his pout.

*** 

The six of them sat on the brown rectangular table in the small but cozy restaurant for lunch. Lauren and Ethan sat together on one side of the table while Ryan and Eva sat together on the other side. Chris and Alice sat on the shorter opposite sides.

It's a pet friendly restaurant so Milo was able to tag along with them. The restaurant even had a room for pets if they wanted to play and Milo didn't waste a minute running to the playroom when he saw other dogs.

"So birthday girl, are you happy that you are spending your birthday with precious people like us. Like me." Ryan spoke staring straight at Lauren who sat in front of him on the other side.

"Others? yes. You? not so much, Ryan." Ryan tsked at her.

"You should stop lying at least on your birthday, fish dancer." Lauren glared at Ryan while the latter just gave her a sly smirk. Alice snickered from side but stopped seeing Lauren's glare. Chris and Eva had a frown not knowing what Ryan meant.

"Are you really that eager to die?" Lauren asked him.

"Ohh. I'm scared." Ryan spoke with fake frightened face.

"Ryan." Ethan warned Ryan holding Lauren's hand softly.

"Fish dancer?" Eva asked with a curious face.

"It's a long story, Eva. Once Lauren got drunk in a party and did her famous fish dance. It's just making a fish shape with your hands and swaying your hips like a dying fish." He spoke making the actions and showcasing her embarrassing dance to the group.

Alice laughed softly while Ryan chuckled looking at Eva's laugh. Chris' lips twitched for a moment before a smile plastered on his lips. Ethan was the only one gauging for Lauren's reaction.

"Haha. Funny." Lauren glared at Ryan before her glare slid to the other rival in the group.

"Were you laughing, Alice? Oh, let me see how you will laugh when I tell everyone about your ideal boyfriend list." Alice's laugh stopped in a fraction of second looking at Lauren with widened eyes.

Alice's eyes glanced at Chris where his face screamed amusement and curiosity before bringing her gaze back to her bitchy best friend.

"You wouldn't." Alice chuckled nervously.

"I wouldn't, normally. But then you poked me." Lauren gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Ideal list?" Chris asked Lauren turning to her curiously.

"Yes. You see--"

"Lauren! Let's just eat." Alice glared at Chris and Lauren. Chris and Lauren shared some eye contact for a minute or two, an understanding look passing between them before giving up on the topic. For now.

The waiter came and they all ordered pizzas.

Alice gifted Lauren the laminated photo frame of a poem she wrote in fourth grade or something. Lauren wrote a poem about butterfly. Technically it's not even a poem. She just rhymed the end of every line with some type of fly word. The fact that Alice still safekept something she wrote ages ago warmed her heart.

Chris gifted her an invitation for a famous cooking show of a chef that Lauren talks a lot about.

Ryan gifted her a golden bracelet that has her name initials and her picture inside the heart shape that hung on the bracelet which was specifically made for her.

Eva gifted her a photo frame of the three men along with Lauren. It was a picture where Ryan clicked a selfie while Lauren and Ethan stood to his left and Chris stood to his right. It's a cozy picture which looked candid and cute. She got that picture from Ryan's phone.

The rest of the afternoon passed with everyone's laughter and chatting.

*** 

It was getting dark outside and all the others left the place leaving Lauren and Ethan alone. It would be a lie if Ethan said he wasn't going to kick everyone out and have Lauren all to himself.

Ethan planned a surpise for his wife and couldn't wait to meet her. Usually, if it wasn't Lauren, he would have planned some party or a dinner in an elite restaurant. But Lauren is not much of a social butterfly and he didn't want to push her into the spotlight that she didn't want. Moreover he is happy that he can have Lauren all for himself now.

Ethan was dressed in a plain white shirt and black trousers, waiting for Lauren to come out. Sure, they aren't going out anywhere but who said one can't dress up in the house. Moreover it's Lauren's birthday she has got no rules for today.

Ethan was setting up the round table with roses in a flower vase when he heard the heels clicking sound.

Turning towards the sound, Ethan's eyes landed on the prettiest girl both in and out. Dressed in a lacy white frock which reached to the middle of her knees, Lauren walked towards Ethan.

Dressed in that white short frock, she looked like the beautiful full moon which lights up the dark sky. Even moon might have a few imperfections but in his eyes, Lauren looked flawless in that dress that he gifted her earlier. She looked like an angel. His angel.

She stopped walking and stood in front of him not leaving much space between them. Giving him one of her soft smiles, she twirled around showing off her dress.

"How do I look?" She asked him and Ethan was lost in her beauty until her voice brought him out.

"Like an angel." He smiled at her and Ethan could swear he saw her rosy cheeks turn red at his compliment.

"You're exaggerating. But whatever, the dress is beautiful." She spoke looking down at her dress. It was a beautiful backless long sleeved white dress which had a bow at the back of her waist. And it looks even more pretty whenever she twirls.

"That dress is basic, Lauren. It's you, who made the dress look prettier." Ethan spoke with a shrug and Lauren was confused for a moment on how to react torn between his comment at the beautiful dress and his compliment to her.

"Thank you, my dear husband." She smiled at him and he did the same.

Lauren had to force herself to avert her eyes from Ethan and rounded them around her. The gasp escape her lips unknowingly looking at the soft lights that decorated the room and the large glass window beside the table letting them see the mountains and trees in the moonlight.

The small round table with two chairs was sitting beside the window. There is also a flower vase filled with roses. The view looked something straight out of a movie. The decor, the settings, everything screamed an intimate perfect date idea. Lauren always wanted to have this sort of a date with her partner and seeing her wish come true just fell surreal.

"This is beautiful, Ethan." Lauren had tears speaking not just because of all the roses and everything. It was him. Everything right now just reminded her of how long they have come from where they began. She couldn't believe it's the same Ethan who hated her in the begin. Is he the same husband that she hated so much in the begin.

Life really does a 180 degree turn sometimes.

Seeing the tears in her eyes, Ethan stepped up towards her. He cupped her cheek and wiped the tear that escaped her eye, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. He stayed like that with his lips on her forehead while savoring her touch in his heart. Lauren would trade the whole world and even give up eating her favorite dish if she could stay like this forever. In his arms, feeling his touch.

"Happy birthday, beautiful." Ethan spoke leaning back to look at her face and she lifted her eyes to look at him and her heart melted at his sight.

"Thank you." She spoke taking his palm that rested on her cheek and kissing the back of his hand.

They stayed in the same position with a smile memorizing the moment. Ethan was the first to break it.

"This is another present I planned for you." Ethan spoke pointing to the table where it was decorated intimately and beautifully. Lauren looked around with a small smile and surprise in her eyes. He has to set his pride aside and practically beg Alice to learn about Lauren's wishes and likes.

Last night, exactly at twelve, he brought a small cake to their bedroom that he baked while she is sleeping. When did he find time to bake a whole cake is still a surprise for her. She knows he can cook, but baking a cake is a another thing. That was her first present.

And then he gifted her diamond earrings. They are nothing extravagant but looked perfect framing her face beautifully. That was her second present.

And in the morning, returning from Milo's walk, she was taken aback when she entered the penthouse and Ryan, Alice, Chris and Eva popped out in her living room yelling happy birthday . Hello, third present.

And the fourth present is this cottage house registered under her name.

Fifth present will be this beautiful white dress he gifted her earlier.

This intimate date setting will be her sixth present.

"Well, I don't know why but I remember your luck number is six. So I planned six presents for you."

She remembered one dinner they spoke about favoruite things and she spoke about her lucky number being six while he said didn't have one. Typical.

"You remember?"

"You ask as if I'd forget anything you say." She chuckled at the way he looked offended at her statement.

"What if my lucky number was sixty or something like that?"

" I can gift you 600 things you like, Lauren. Sixty is nothing. Trust me whatever the number will be, nothing is more in front you."

"Charming, Mr Kingston." Lauren smiled at him.

"I'm glad, Mrs Kingston." He gave her one of his own.

They stayed silent for a moment and Lauren was over the moon and there was nothing she could wish for standing in front of the man she loved with her heart and soul.

"Dance with me." He spoke out of no where.

"There is no music, Ethan."

"Do we need it? Don't you hear a soft hum in the back of your head? I always do whenever I'm with you." He spoke shrugging his shoulders staring at her.

Lauren frowned at his statement and was about to ask him more but he spoke again.

"Close your eyes." He spoke pulling her closer towards him and placing her palm on his heart where it was beating normally. Calmly. Smoothly like a flowing river. Soothingly like a soft melody.

Lauren closed her eyes feeling his heartbeat and there was nothing for a moment. It was silent and then she heard it. His heartbeat mixed with a soft hum. It was too low and could only be able to listen if she focus on it.

Ethan slightly started swaying his hips and she follows his lead placing her head on his chest. A soft smile graced her face when their movements synced with the soft hum.

"What is that sound?"

"It's just your brain. A white noise you can say. You don't need some music to vibe when you are happy. Your mind just replays a nice song you heard when you're happy or a song that matches your current mood."

"Wow." She grinned at him before starting their slow dance. It might be slightly awkward at first, but once you fall into a rhythm, you can see the magic.

***

After dancing for a bit more, they sat on the decorated table and talked about everything and anything while they ate.
Soon the dinner finished but their endless talks and laughs continued. They didn't realise when they got close enough to kiss.

Ethan took her lips and kissed her like a starved man. He kissed her with every cell in his body and she reciprocated the kiss with equal passion. Along the kiss, his hands got lost in her hair and her hands traced his muscles from his biceps to his abs imprinting his touch in her mind.

She was so lost in the kiss and didn't see when they walked into one of the bedrooms in the house until the edge of the bed touched the back of her leg. She sinked down on the bed breaking the kiss to take the much needed oxygen and he pushed her softly on the bed hovering over her. When he couldn’t get her lips he traced his lips on her jaw before traveling to her neck. They were in the middle of entering the pleasure world when Ethan stopped kissing her abruplty.

"Are you tired?" He asked tucking her hair behind her ear with a tiny smirk. She frowned at his unusual question.

Surely it's not an unusual question but his question is so out of loop given what they are doing. Who asks that? Especially now.

"What? No."

He chuckled at her eager answer and pecked her lips softly.

"Good, I'm not letting you sleep tonight." He smiled at her and was about to kiss but stopped. Again.

"And once again, happy birthday, beautiful." That was the last thing he said before slamming his lips on hers pulling for another passionaite kiss and pushing her down further on the bed.

Lauren was right. Life has a habit of doing a 180 degree turn when least expected. Little did they know that soon their sunshine and colourful phase of life will turn into grey sky and gloomy clouds phase.

Interesting...

Author's notes

Please vote, comment and share.

This book is going to end soon. Only few chapters to go.

Thanks a lot for the people who vote and read my book.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 50.6K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
394K 10.9K 47
Ethan is a 27 year old billionaire and an extremely awful husband to his 24 year old wife, Olivia. He only ever puts his interests before hers but ab...
1.2M 38K 56
An arranged marriage romance novel. Pretty cliche, completed! ** Could love ever be a part of an arranged marriage? Eleanor Hays never chose to be a...
3.4K 153 9
Count to three. Do not kill your boss. And do not fall in love with him. That's a good start, especially when you work for New York's most eligible b...