Their Wager (COMPLETE)

By Dreamy627

Morana Alistar is CEO and founder of a large company that took over the world. But she is nearly anonymous as... More

β™₯️🀘
1. No
2. Contract
3. Set
5. Contact
6. Free
7. Red Flag
8. Doubt
9. Hobbies
10. Hunt
11. Taste
12. DVD
13. Bad Feelings
14. Teenage Girl
15. Smoking
16. Flustered
17. Torture
18. Ignored
19. Date
20. Mentality
21. Uh-Oh
22. Gaslight
23. Gentle
24. Pleasure
25. Spontaneous
26. Turns
27. Liked It
28. Bitter
29. Need It.
30. The Beginning
31. Possession
32. Pair
33. Epilouge

4. Beginning

12K 381 43
By Dreamy627

Davian Conor

I felt guilty. I watched her sit in silence with us and she looked numb, I don't think there was a way for her features to make a sad expression.

"I apologize if I made you uncomfortable." I said and she looked at me.

"I didn't mean anything by it. I just noticed but I wouldn't make anything of it or judge you. Everyone has scars." I said.

She squinted, analyzing me and what I said like she were skeptical.

"Thank you." She said softly before drinking the glass of water in front of her.

"How long were you an assassin for?" Kieran asked.

She hummed.

She held up 8 fingers.

"You're only 26." He gaped.

She nodded.

"Began at 16. Stopped 24." She whispered, drinking her water heavily as the waitress came and gave her a refill.

Her voice was so soft and dark. She was soft and dark.

"How many people do you think you've killed?" I asked.

She shrugged, eating a fry.

"Thousands."

"Do you still kill?" He asked her.

She smirked, shrugging.

"Sometimes."

I studied the tattoos on her arms.

Minimal half sleeve on her left arm.

A small one at the bottom of her throat that said "Bite me".

"Do you?" She asked, chugging her water.

"It's... an entertaining hobby of ours." I nodded.

She smiled, her smile was beautiful and god if I was a woman I know I'd be envious.

She was gorgeous, it was absolutely unfair.

We got the food, eating in silence.

When we finished, Kieran gave the card to the waitress.

"I have to get back." She whispered softly as she adjusted her shirt and stood.

"Thank you for letting us take you for lunch." I smiled.

She nodded as we all stood before she glared at us.

Her face was still and cold, no kindness any longer.

I smiled to myself as Kieran looked irritated, rolling his eyes before she grabbed his face.

"You will be kind to Zara." She mumbled.

"Is that a threat, doll?" Kieran took a step toward her, sizing her up but she smiled in response as their chests almost touched in competition.

"Absolutely." She stared until he stepped back.

"Have a nice day." She rammed her shoulder into Kieran making him jerk back.

He lifted his lip in distaste.

"You were happy the entire time till you tried to act like a territorial chihuahua." I smiled, amused.

"She was good till she wasn't."

"To be fair we were assholes to Zara."

"Yeah but-"

"Let's not be immature. Next to her you look small. Ironically enough. Let's keep her around."

"She isn't that kinda girl, Dav."

"I know. I'm not saying anything bad." I shrugged, he glared.

"Mmhm. We gotta go. We have a stupid meeting."

-

I brushed my hair back, Kieran walking into my bathroom.

"Hurry up. She agreed to accompany us on this meeting." He showed me the texts.

Both of us showered and were only in towels at this point so we had to hurry.

"She said she isn't waiting past 5. If we don't get there she's gone." I read.

"Punctual. But that gives us 45 minutes to ready and get to her."

"Go." I said and we hurried ourselves.

Kieran-

Davian-

I put on my watch, clicking it into place.

We got into the car and were on our way.

"Your hairs all fucked in the back." I fixed it as he drove.

"I rushed." He reached back, smoothing it.

His hair was straighter than mine, it worked, but he had to style it more since I didn't need to do much with my curls.

We got there and she was on the phone as we pulled up.

"God damn." Kieran adjusted his pants.

I got out, offering the passenger seat to her.

She stepped in, sitting, I shut the door and got in the back as the person on the phone rambled.

But soon the call was over.

"Zara?" I asked.

She hummed.

Her gaze was out the window and I wondered what happened in her head.

She was silent but not mute. That confused me.

"These people are jackasses and something weird is going on. We need an extra eye." Kieran said and she gave him a solid gaze as she nodded.

"Let's go." I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 4.6K 23
"I have a goddess in front of me, it'd be a crime not to worship her." He whispered in my ear. His lips and hands met my skin anywhere they could. Hi...
11.1M 371K 50
"In a world overtaken by the mafia, there can only be one king." ---------------- Alister Mancini. His name alone was enough to make anyone's blood r...
69.2K 3.3K 46
[COMPLETED] Three years ago, she ran away from something she doesn't want to go back to, and never looked back. But that doesn't mean she's safe. 21...
73.2K 1.8K 19
Some people call me the devil himself - a monster of a man who does very bad things. They're not wrong. I've killed many people, some for personal ga...