ALLURED : [#bound by attracti...

By AnjolaAfolabi544

Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out th... More

Prologue
Authors note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
authors note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Thank you
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31-- He's Back
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
NOTICE
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Message to all my Readers and supporters
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 49

183 20 0
By AnjolaAfolabi544

  Sumayya

  I dressed ammar's wounds after he slept, kissing his forehead I placed the wrapped box of his gift on the side table beside him.

I gifted him a customized wristwatch that had our finger prints conjoined with our initials on the lapels of the watch,  i also had a of my own  bracelet with both of finger prints conjoined to match with him , it also included a writing on a piece of cute paper which comprises of an hadith and quran verse relating to the current stage of his life and our marriage. He had  mentioned that this was something his sister would gift him on any big occasion occurring in his life.

   I layed to sleep with a lot on my mind, questions were glowing through.  I couldn't believe that I had almost been murdered. But who would send someone to kill me?   I thought trying to get all the disturbing scene from my mind .

   I could clearly remember that the man had conered me onto the alley after I had received the delivery and was making my way home. I felt a panic attack setting in as I recalled the scene of his strangling him.

   I started to mutter some duas, after calming down, I performed ablution and prayed tahajjud. I cried to my lord Allah [SWT] and begged him to grant me and my family protection.

   After praying and making dua , I put in my airpods and listened to my favourite surah in the quran as I slowly fell asleep .

I woke up on hearing the fajr adhaan from my phone. I was surprised that I didn't have a nightmare, probably because I cleared my mind with the quran verses before going to bed.

Turning around I saw ammar exiting fom the washroom, I immediately went to him before he could walk out of the room and him from behind.

  " I'm sorry, I was not careful and I wasn't thinking properly , I promise never to do it again" I said before letting out the overheld sobs and crying into his back.

  Ammar turned around and held me close " please don't do that again, I can't lose you or the baby" he said and I nodded hugging into his chest while he kissed my forehead my rubbing my back

  " now no more cries for my ewa , you look like a crying cat with those tears on your face" he said and I chuckled hitting his chest lightly.

  " so you can't just compliment me properly , first you called beautiful and now I am a cat" I said and he gave me a big smile
" thank you for the gift it was amazing , am sorry  we couldn't have our dinner" he said kissing my lips.

  " how come you remember, i was excatly the way i described it" he said  referring to the writing I made and I just smiled at him.

  " thank you, I really liked it , but you know we can crown it all with something" he said giving me a seductive wink and I just smiled

  "You're such a pervert " I said and he started trailing kisses down my shoulder
before suddenly tickling me all over and I burst out laughing , while also trying to run from him as he chased after me.

  We were so lost in our little each that we didn't notice maryam standing  and she were both staring at us weirdly.

  " Never thought I would see my brother run around like a maniac laughing so much  it's certain sumi , only you can make ya ammar laugh like that , thank God I caught it on video cause that was a once in a lifetime moment " maryam said waving her phone at ammar.

  " delete it maryam" ammar said while maryam just laughed shaking the phone at him.

  " let's negotiate,  no bodyguards for me and I will delete it" she said and ammar's gaze hardened,  he probably remembered yesternight.

   " infact you're all getting bodyguards today, now give me that" he said in a firm voice and maryam knew he wasn't joking, even I didn't say anything knowing what happened yesternight, he collected the phone from maryam who pouted . He gave it back to her after deleting it and we all proceeded to the prayer room.

   _______________________________________

  "Wait all of that happened yesterday night" maryam said and I nodded,  we were now sitting together in the kitchen after prayer, eman was playing with her father in the living room.

   " how come you guys are here so early" I asked

  " ya bilal dropped us off , his sister is arriving with an early flight so hegas to pick her up" maryam replied and I nodded.

    Layla

  " Salamalikum " I said smiling at Hanifa , bilal's younger sister and only sibling . She just nodded with a fake smile, for some reason she doesn't like me , though bilal doesn't know that cause we share sugary smiles to cover up when he's there.

  " I'm sure you will stop bugging me now that hanifa is here, you guys can gist as much as you want " bilal said to me taking a sip of the tea I served him. I just gave him a smile .

    I'd prepared my mind for all her taunts  and plans while she is here cause I won't want to fight with her cause of bilal. He loves his sister a lot even though they have a ten year difference .

  She was a real evil , she had all sorts of plans,up her sleeves just to sabotage me. She'd once added extra salt to the food I was cooking during the first family dinner that I was hosting. Thank God for  Uber eats , I just quickly ordered food from the African Pasta hub  and it was delivered in no time. You should have seen her face when she found out that her plan didn't work.

  I wonder what she will do this time. I just directed her to her room , while she kept eyeing me . I just ignored her.

   I just prayed she didn't annoy me when I am having mood swings cause I can just finish her off with correct slap.

   " babe , come on you don't have to make anything , I got us something to eat on my way back from the airport" bilal said hugging me from behind ad he trailed kisses all over my shoulder.

  "  don't worry,  I don't want to eat out this morning we can have it for lunch " she said as he turned her around and lifted her onto the counter .

  " but it's sandwiches from that French restaurant you like, I even got hot chocolate and cream " he said and I squealed happily.

  Sandwiches from circa non pariell  was to die for, bilal really knew how to lift my mood.  I gave him a sweet kiss on the lips before bouncing off to get the food while bilal just laughed at how happy I was.

  After eating I rubbed my stomach at how stuffed I was , I could barely eat because of nausea these days it had become more heavy than before.i barely have an appetite for anything expect for icecubes and sardine. I can't count the number of cans of sardine that I have devoured this week.

  I was about to go inside when the vomit came rushing into my mouth. I quickly ran into the guest room and bent over the toilet, I could hear bilal coming in after me .

  I rubbed my back and helped me wash my face cause either was now feeling dizzy and could barely steady myself.

  He helped me sit on the sofa while I groaned as I could feel my insides twisting , bilal just hugged me close and rubbed my back while I breathed on his perfume, that was one thing that calmed my nausea.

   I took a nap after a video call with maryam and sumi, she gifted me on how a man was trying to strangle her when she went to get a delivery, and how ammar had increased the security heavily,  they now had bodyguards every where.

  ______________________________________

  I woke up to meet a scattered living room as hanifa claimed to be entertaining her so called friends, the music was deafening and everywhere was scattered with half eaten food and wraps of snacks.

  I just shaked my head and turned yo leave when she and her friends connered me and blocked my path.

  " you useless ahawo,golddigger, you think you can come and ruin my brother, I will make sure I deal with you" hanifa said glaring at me and I just let out a sigh trying to calm myself down .

  "What exactly is your problem with me" I asked and she just started laughing while the other stupid ones too joined her except one girl who just sat down watching everything unfold.

  " my problem is that you're just a useless slut who wants to eat my brother's money , I don't even know what he sees in you?" She said and I just ignored her tried to leave but they blocked my path again

  " excuse me , out of my way" I said with a hard glare which made them understand that I was no bolo ,she signaled to her stupid friend to leave my front and I left as she kept spewing insults behind me.

  I just decided to get some icecubes and go back upstairs , I had already settled into bed chewing on my icecubes while on a video call with sumi as we were doing some online shopping for her honeymoon and I was trying to coerce her Into buying a swim suit. I then realized that I had left my iPad in the living room. I put in my airpods as sumi was talking and went out to get it

  I was laughing at something sumayya said as I went down the stairs when I suddenly felt myself slip and everything came tumbling, the only on my mind was my baby , I could hear sumi calling me as I felt myself roll down the stairs in pain.

  When it finally stopped , I wa steeling excruciating pain all over , I tried to stand but I couldn't.  Then I saw the one thing I was dreading blood,  my dress was now red with blood, I was now feeling dizzy everywhere was becoming blurry , I started to mutter some duas as I managed to reach my phone.

  " sumi my baby please" I heard myself rasp out before everything became dark

   ____________________________________

  Sumayya

  " layla answer me !" I screamed over the phone , we were talking just a few minutes ago when I suddenly heard her scream and I've been calling her but no response , I could feel my heart pounding hoping nothing happened to her.

  I was about to hang up and dial her again when I suddenly heard her voice

  " sumi my baby please" she said in a weak voice and I quickly called her out trying to ask her what happened but no response . My heart was now pounding as I panicked not knowing what to do.

  " AMMAR AMMAR!!" I screamed out his name and he came running asking me what happened and trying to check if anything was wrong with me.

  " layla , I was talking to her few minutes ago and now she won't respond , I think something happened she mentioned her baby" I managed to say between hiccups and crying

   Ammar quickly picked up the car keys and I threw my hijab on and went after him, maryam asked us what was wrong as she saw us rushing out , so I just told her to look after eman as me and ammar got into the car and he drove out.

  I kept trying her number and muttering prayers while ammar drove the car speedily.

   I got down and ran inside immediately he drove into the compound.

  " INNALILAHI " I screamed out in years when I saw layla laying in a pool of her blood by the stairs , I quickly went to her and tried to tap her awake but no response . Ammar carried her while I helped him put her in the car.

  We were at the hospital in no time and amamr carried her inside , the nurses put her on a stretcher and took her to the ER. I tried to follow them but they refused me access.

  I just sat on the floor crying and praying that nothing happens to her or the baby, my  hands trembled as I sobbed . Ammar bent down and rubbed my back trying to assure me that she will be okay.

  " where is she ?, what happened" bilal came in and asked ammar while breathing heavily , ammar explained to him and we all sat down in a heavy silence while waiting for the doctors.

  " family member to the patient" the doctor said as he came out and we all stood up and rushed to meet him.

  " I am her husband , what wrong , si my wife okay" bilal asked in a panicky voice.

  " luckily we managed to save the baby, but she has a torn collar ligament and a broken leg " he said and I let out a sigh while thanking God foe saving her.

  " when can we see her" I said

  " you can go in now , though she still unconscious it will take some hours before she wakes up, she is been moved to a room , the nurse will direct you and a resident doctor will see her again when she's awake" he said and we nodded and followed the nurse who took us to the room..

  _______________________________________

  " how do you feel" I asked layla as I helped her sit up and gave her some water to drink , she'd finally gained consciousness after almost 2hours .

  " my baby, how is my baby" she asked quickly and I smiled " don't worry your baby is fine" I replied and she let out a sigh.

  " so you actually care about the baby" bilal said angrily and layla just looked ta him confused.

  "Bilal what are you saying?" Layla asked

" I found cared about yourself or the baby, you would have been careful on the stairs,  " bilal said,  at this time layla had started to cry while I calmed her down , ammar was trying to stop bilal. I had never seen bilal this angry he'd always been a very cool person.

  " are you saying that I intentionally fell down the stairs. I would never do anything to hurt our baby" she said crying

  " you could have this, by paying attention while on the stairs but because  you're reckless an you  don't care about anybody even yourself" he said and layla just cried trying to explain to him

  " what would I have done if I'd lost you or the baby huh?" He screamed angrily at her at that moment I signaled to ammar to take him out.

  " I was focused , I just slipped am sorry,  please" layla cried out as ammar took bilal out and I hugged her close while she cried into my chest.

  " I should have Been more focused , i could have lost our baby" layla said hiccuping  " it okay everyone makes  mistake okay it wasn't your fault"  I said trying to calm her down as she just kept on crying.

   Ammar

" what's wrong with you man, why would you speak to her like that" I said to bilal, who just burst out crying , I sighed and pulled him into a hug. I knew he didn't mean to talk like that he was just very concerned about her .

  I understood his fear of losing his wife or child .

  " I don't know what i would have done if I lost her or the baby" he said and I just hugged him again reassuring him that they were okay.

_________________________________________

  General

  Layla was still crying when hanifa entered the room with her friends and she burst out laughing .

  " so you can't handle a little pain that you're crying this much" hanifa said while layla and sumayya just ignored.

  " I hope this will teach you alittle lesson, you gold digger" she said and at that moment it clicked that it was hanifa who made layla fall down the stairs.

  Sumayya stood up angrily and gave her a resounding slap.

  " how dare you slap me , you slut" she said trying to slap sumayya back when one of her friends pulled her back

  " STOP , just shut up  hanifa , instead of you to ask for her forgiveness you're still acting stupid" the friend said before falling onto her knees

  "I'm so sorry, it was my sister and hanifa who poured oil on the stairs and made you slip , my guilty conscience wouldn't let me rest when I heard the doctor say that you are pregnant and you almost lost the baby. I'm really sorry I should have talked them out of it" the girl said crying on the floor .

  Layla couldn't believe her ears .

  " you're pregnant?" Hanifa said shocked .

  " yes and I almost lost my baby because this rubbish you did, what did I ever do to you hanifa , why?" Layla asked with teary eyes while hanifa just stood there shocked.

  " What , it was you who made her fall?" Bilal said and everyone turned to look at the door. Bilal was standing at the door with ammar and he had a lokk of disbelief on his face.

  " why, would you do that, your e my sister ?" He asked screaming at her angrily,  while hanifa just fell down crying shakily.

  " I'm sorry , I didn't know she was pregnant,  own old have never done it" hanifa said crying

  " so this is what you have been plotting in my own house " bilal said angrily , he then gave her a hot slap that sent her reeling back into the wall.

  We all gasped quietly while hanifa tried to beg her brother.
  " I cant believe this , from today onward you're not my sister again get your thing out of my house . I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN" he shouted at her.

  " I'm really sorry, layla please help me beg my brother and forgive.  I will never do it again" hanifa said desperately begging layla while layla just let out little sobs.

  ______________________________________

   " I'm really sorry again layla " ammar's  mom said again for the nth time while layla kept assuring them that it was okay. Ammar had contacted them and they arrived as soon as they could.  Bilal was still very angry at his sister, though layla had forgiven her.

  Maryam came with eman and brought some food along for layla.

After some time , everything was now settled and ammar's parents left with hanifa with a promise to discipline her.

  "Do you really think of me like that , that I am reckless" layla asked bilal as he came into the room and tried to talk to her. She was really angry that he would blame her for what happened and the anger was now coupled with moodswings.

   " babe, I am really sorry I didn't mean it that way"bilal said realizing his mistakes.

  " bilal please just go away I really don't want to see you right now "layla said turning away and sobbing into her laps while bilal just sighed and left.

  He knew that she would blow up in anger if he didn't leave at that moment , he wished he hadn't spoken to her like.

  He finally understood why layla gave him a fake smile when he informed that his sister was coming to their house. Sumayya explained the relationship they had and the fact that layla didn't tell him anything cause she didn't want them to fight. He just couldn't belive that his own sister could do something so wicked.

  ______________________________________

Ghen ghen , I just decided to give you guys a little of some drama from layla and bilal.

  Till the next chapter
  ~nana🥰

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 5.1K 39
The first time she saw him was at her sisters wedding and she couldn't stop thinking about him. Now she is madly in love with him. But will he love h...
8.3K 773 37
Multiple lapses in judgement lead Fatima into an arranged marriage. But the young girl uses it as an opportunity to find herself and develop meaningf...
7.3K 566 38
As Ouahib arrives in town , carrying the weight of a family that has weathered hardships, including parental separation, and the lingering echoes of...
67K 13.5K 42
A fiction book about two people meant to be, a book about Hammad and Yusrah. Hammad Buba Marwa is a 31-year-old microbiologist and, a handsome, class...